Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Marooned Part 2

by DCMurth
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Marooned Part2

Marooned Part2

by DCMurth

Title: Marooned Part2
Author: DCMurth
Email: dcmurth@another.com
Status: Finished (I think)
Category: Romance (a bit) Drama
Spoilers: One for every season, none for Series 4 as it only just started in England
Season/Sequel info: Set in the future after the series ends (probably, may change with Part3)
Rating: PG (Maybe PG-13) as I don't know how it works in the states (PG or 12 if you're pushing it in England)
Content Warnings: None. (Only if You're a Sam/Jack fan read the Amanda Tapping Interview. S/J could never happen!) Sam/Daniel could be a very real possibility!
Summary: A sequel to Marooned Part 1 a Marooned Part 3 Maybe made if there is enough interest and Feedback
Disclaimer: Stargate Sg-1 and its characters are the property of Stargate (II) Productions, Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story is for entertainment purposes only and no money exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author. This story may not be posted elsewhere without the consent of the author.

Cough, splutter. A horse sound came out of his lungs and the water came out. Despite his breathing being normal and him being alive, his eyes remained shut. There was not even a flutter, or in fact any other sign of movement from any part of his body. He just lay flat, on his back, breathing, on a raft in the sea of an unknown world.

Sam sighed in relief, she felt herself lie back for a moment before realising that now she had to do the hardest job of all, get them back to land and get them both water. She rose; exhausted but the sheer willpower of living spurred her on and gradually she began to steer the raft back towards the island on which the gate resided. Eventually she found that she couldn't go on and collapsed on top of Daniel in exhaustion.

When she awoke she found herself on an island, sheltered by the raft. It was still hot outside and the only thing between her and the sun was the raft, she laughed a laugh of relief. She was alive. She was alive.

Daniel woke with the sun dancing on his eyes. Salt... he could taste Salt. What was that? Water, he remembered water... and a raft. There wasn't a raft in sight and he found himself sprawled out on a beach. His head was dizzy and spinning. Sam... Sam! He remembered, wincing at first trying then eventually managing to get up he collapsed again back on the shore.

The gentle waves lapped up to him, and he felt alone.

"Do you... no, no.. speak any English, English, ohh forget it." She racked her brains, what else had Daniel taught her? "Uhhm Chappa 'ai, Chappa ai?" She inquired hopefully. Nope this wasn't getting her anywhere. And also by the looks of it drawing circles in the ground didn't help either. They just followed suit.

Remarkable. She hadn't actually given them a name yet. Somehow this brought her comfort. At least knowing that there was still something to do kept her chances of remaining alive alive.

"So... I don't suppose you any of you know the best place on this Island to eat uhmm by any chance."

They obviously didn't get it. Dammit somehow she was gonna have to learn to communicate with these people, otherwise she'd be stranded and she calculated, without food or water in a hot climate she was going to die very soon.

"Sam... Sam are you there." Brown hands offered him juice in a pineapple makeshift bowl. Without looking or daring to do anything else he took it and drank, Papaya juice.

"My name's Daniel Jackson of the planet Earth... We,. .I come in peace."

Indian tanned faces surrounded him, alluding to him that he must be dizzy. All of them cocked their heads. A bizarre expression covering their faces.

"Come on, you must speak one of the 32 languages I know" he muttered under his breath.

A volunteer stepped forward, "Ne."

Daniel pointed at himself, "Daniel"

"NaaNe NeNaa NaaNaa Ne." the man pointed upward.

"Is he your God?"

"NaaNe NeNaa NaaNaa Ne."

"O.K. Uhm, you'll have to excuse me, but I have no idea what language you're speaking."

"NaaNe NeNaa NaaNaa Ne."

"NaaNe NeNaa NaaNaa Ne." Daniel suggested.

"NaaNe NeNaa NaaNaa Ne."

"Daniel." He pointed at himself.

"NaaNe NeNaa NaaNaa Ne."

O.K let's try this, "Guten Tag!"

"NaaNe NeNaa NaaNaa Ne."

"Bonjour"

"NaaNe NeNaa NaaNaa Ne."

"NaaNeNe NeNaa NaaNe NeNe Ne NeNaaNeNe"

"NeNaaNaaNaa NaaNaaNaa NeNeNeNeNe NaaNe."

"Oh my God, you really are speaking in Morse."

"Morse. Morse" With that they all bowed their heads and kissed the sand at his feet.

"He's your God!?!"

"Morse, Morse MORSE MORSE" the shouts grew deafening."

"But Morse code was discovered in the Late 19th- 20thCentury, or at least I'm fairly sure it was. If you are all speaking it, then that, means it was invented by... a Go'auld. O.K so Where's Sam?"

"Uhh?"

"The Woman who came with me. I miss her. She want's to get home. I've got to help her."

The leader cocked his head. He saw in Daniel's eyes what didn't need to be said in any language at all. Hastily he brought his men. Daniel couldn't understand what was said; they all said it so quickly. It didn't matter a chair arrived, something that much resembled a Sedan chair. He was cartered off to God knows where."

"Daniel, Daniel. You there?" Sam had been walking around the village for almost a day. She wasn't tired or hungry or thirsty even. Everything was provided for her; a well in the centre of the village that never ran dry, bread and meat for her on a table and shelter under various tropical trees. There were however 5 burly guards at each exit to the village preventing her from leaving. Damn that was irritating. Of all the places on the island, here was where he was least likely to be. She remembered that Archaeologists had a bad habit of either getting themselves killed or getting unnecessarily hurt. For all she knew that could mean that he was bleeding to death. Escape was unlikely; there was no point in trying to challenge the guards. After all, even though she was a weapons expert and also knew self-defence, those guys had weapons. "Why can't I be a James Bond?" she thought stubbornly to herself, "he always has a way out." She convinced that Daniel was alive, making progress and probably chatting to these people (whoever they were) by now. This made her even more frustrated. "Why can't he be here for me." She silently cursed to the ground.

"Artish". None of the words he knew for town meant anything here. The 'cabbie' was no help. He spoke few Morse words. It seemed as though they spoke in Morse, but their text was pulled from a variety of different languages, and was now probably varied a great deal. Time was of no meaning here for him. His watch had stopped hours ago, broken probably, by the water. And the GDO? Smashed up long ago. The only planet that he knew really off by heart and the wrong way round was Abydos, even so it was very probable that his Good Father had recovered it up with the big stone that he had told him to do before. Damn Apophis.

She'd never before been so humiliated. Women in the square stripped of all their clothes and then paraded through the town on display. They did it almost jovially, as though a woman was nothing more than a sexual object. She guessed that it was some sort of tradition, to celebrate something or other. If they wanted to that they could do that, but her... she was new here, she'd been lucky. Many men had cast their eye over her; some had even come up to her after the parade and touched her. But she hadn't been raped. And now, now two hours later she was still in this square with nothing to wear. Their mission was to contact and make peace with other cultured and civilisations, but if she'd had her sidearm....

These clothes made him feel different. He'd discovered them shortly after the driver stopped and pointed to the trunk in the back. He guessed that he should put them on. After all, he didn't want to annoy the wrong people. He felt freer, happier and more content. As though nothing else mattered and he could quite happily stay here for the rest of his life with Sam and the other natives of this World.

These clothes made her feel different. She'd put them on after they'd been dunked onto her plate. They felt odd, but wearing something made her feel better than being self-conscious and naked in front of a lot of staring men. She felt freer, happier and more content. As though nothing else mattered and she could quite happily stay here for the rest of his life with a certain Archaeologist and the other natives of this World.

"O.K try this Daniel... try this", he murmured to himself as he walked through the town. His head was bowed and he was studying a parchment. "On Earth this code is represented by Dots and dashes, so what now?" The party he was with stopped momentarily to witness a big procession going through the streets. He briefly looked up, but then decided that finding out the secret of the parchment was much more important. Drums blared and there was general loud shouting in a language that was spoken far too fast for anyone to make head or tail of. As he looked up a second time he thought he heard a voice call his name, a voice that sounded distinctly familiar. Sam. As he cocked his head and scanned the procession his party was off again and the procession rounded a corner. He'd missed her.

"Do you understand... oh never mind." Overworked and frustrated Sam was in no mood for any locals. At least for the time being she'd been given her own private tent, and had been left alone for nearly an hour, with the exception of two guards that had been chatting inside her tent. With a frustrated wave of the hand she waved them away. She was in no mood to act as hostess. Now all she needed was a hot bath to relax her, and then she could start planning... something.

"How did Jack do it?" Daniel pondered aloud. "How did he begin to communicate with Skaara? How did I do it with Sha're?" He stopped. It had been too long. These days he refused to let himself think about her. She was gone, and there was nothing he could do, for every time he let himself think about her he felt a pain in his chest. Time had softened the wound but he still felt responsible. He would always be responsible, and that was something he could never forgive himself for. But even so the past was the past, and though he had never looked for any replacements or alternatives (he had never really tried to find love, he had simply taken each day as it came) he felt a gaping hole where his heart had once been. With pain in his chest he lay down, in the open air with a cool breeze on him, on an Indian style hammock and let himself dream.

In her 'cot' Sam dreamt, she shivered and hugged her sheepskin blanket up to her. It was still warm but she shivered anyway... and she wept while she dreamt.

She dreamed a thousand thousand things. The Harsesis child, that haunting skull where eyes glowed the colour of the Go'auld's and radiation spiked and potential mutation levels could have induced her. The reptile that spoke only of its mate. Of her behaviour during the incident with the Broca Disease. As well as her other near fatal or otherwise missions. And she dreamt that she had been resurrected by the sarcophagus, yet had been unable ever to get out. Tears streamed down her face as she remembered the fate of her colleagues and the rest of the SGC back on Earth.

"I have to go... I have to get home." Sam panted as she tried to get past her two guards who hauled her back. "Don't you see I have to save them?"

"No Go." Said the more bulky one and then shut his mouth quickly as he realised what he'd said.

"Excuse me"

"NeeNa NeeNeeNa" and with that he gave a shrill cry and bolted off. While still within viewing range, an arrow struck him from behind and with a cry and blood pouring from his neck he died. But not before he managed to kill his assassin (the other man next to Sam's door with an arrow from his concealed crossbow.

Sam was unable to move and while she was pondering things over five more guards came. Two guarded the door whilst the other three carved up the man before throwing part of him into Sam's tent and another part in to the river. "Rest in peace." Uttered Sam as she turned around letting the man's head gaze into the sky outside, while the rest of him lay inside. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Daniel was up early the next morning. He'd been able to utter something in Morse before bolting off to the town. The guards had let him go with a surprised yet sure smirk on their faces. He presumed that they presumed he was off to the town to do some reading and research.

In fact that wasn't entirely untrue. He did do some research; however he wasn't a fool. What he did he did quickly and efficiently and what a man would have done in a day he completed within two hours. Having time to spare, he wondered into town and managed to find a dead man in a ditch, who he swiftly switched clothes with. Then he tried to blend in.

It was late evening by the time that Daniel found half of what he was looking for. The town's history had been inscribed on a cartouche type rock, which reminded him of his home on Abydos. After scanning it quickly and memorising it's location he put his SGC slacks over his new clothes. Then under the cover of darkness and using the back streets he hurried back to camp.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sam had spent the whole day trying to figure out what she could about the culture of these people. Passers by had come and gone, but he had preferred her solitude for the time being. She'd established this much. There were secrets, and plenty of them at that. She was sure that she'd heard a man speak English, though where from she didn't know. The people here were brutal who took life just as easily as if they were taking the old clich of taking candy from a baby.

That evening she slept uneasily

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Daniel was up at the crack of dawn. He changed and went out slipping past the sentry on guard. There would be trouble later he knew but this mystery had to be solved, and he was determined that he should solve it. It was midday before he got to the ruins that reminded him of the Greek ruins as well as the obvious Egyptian. When he had figured it all out he grimaced and shuffled back toward the camp. As he reached town he saw something that he had never thought he would see. However this was only the first surprise on offer. A naked woman was being paraded through the town and periodically being stripped and whipped. Daniel didn't look but he felt sorry for this person. Then she turned around to face directly at him. The face was scared and bleeding. It was a Hathor look-a-like. As she stepped up to groan, another figure turned around. It was Sam.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sam gave a shriek as another whip crashed down onto her. 'Hathor' turned around and gave a curt look at the badly whipped Sam. It became obvious to Daniel that Sam was being punished and the Hathor look-a-like was wearing war paint. As she spoke to Sam her eyes glowed. It couldn't be...could it?

"I swear I'm going to kill you." Sam said as the figure glowered over her.

"What! No questions about what I am, you know how I'm alive and the rest?"

"You'll never get him. He's gone now."

"Don't lie to me." the eyes glowed again, a definite pink, Sam noticed.

"Don't hurt her." Daniel rushed through the crowd and 'Hathor' immediately snapped down her hand and ribbon device.

"You will die" 'Hathor' leered and sent Daniel flying into a building at the far end of the street. He fell back unconscious.

"As for you... you have done this. You can release me"

"No." Sam said simply. However she wasn't talking to Hathor. She was looking at Daniel in the gutter. Sam had gotten herself into a rage that very few saw and those who did became afraid. This was a quite rage where Sam appeared calm but with each moment she was generating power, waiting to unleash it onto an unsuspecting victim. She could already feel the knots behind her back loosening.

'Hathor' pitied Sam for a moment and studied her face. "Very well." She pulled Sam up to a high level on the float on which they were being carried. "Your decision means I must take action. I shall ask you again, will you retrieve me, and where is my beloved?"

Sam pointed to the unconscious Daniel and pointed he's there. "Not him. Where is O'Neill?"

"What!"

"O'Neill."

"Dead."

"By whose hand?"

"Apophis."

"You will help me or he will die." She had seen Sam gazing in Daniel's direction. He wasn't even stirring.

"No." This was real grit, done only by the knowledge that if she did as she was instructed, it could mean unleashing a terrible threat again. That would mean SG-1 had wasted their time on several occasions.

Hathor blasted Jackson again and the building collapsed and Daniel was left a foot into the ground.

"Stop."

"Alright, someone take her to the snake pit and bring him along too. He could help if I so desire."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Make it work!"

"I can't I don't have the device."

"Push him in."

A semi-conscious Daniel was pushed to the end of a walkway and he toppled into a pit full of snakes that hissed at him. He fell onto a ledge and began to stand on the edge of a crippling ledge. He was going to end up n the pit. It was inevitable.

"I'll never help you" Sam cried as a roar arose from the spectators.

"Know that the price for all those who fail me is death!" the Hathor with fully pink eyes shouted. "Last chance" she uttered at Sam.

Sam knew that the SGC was her home and had been for years. She'd lost everyone now so there was no point in living.

"Save yourself Sam." Daniel cried from the bottom of the pitch. "Join the Azgard, fight them! Fight them!"

Sam was faced with no choice; she jumped away from her captor into the pit.

Daniel grabbed her arm as she fell and pulled her up to the crumbling ledge a splatter of bullets came their way, which was followed by an evil laugh.

"Ever been a hero?" Sam asked Daniel as they were forced into an embrace due to the collapsing ledge.

"I never went to stunt man school." That's a shame Sam stated. "But even so, you should know that to every planet you've visited you've been a hero."

"What you just did was the bravest thing I've ever seen." Daniel admitted as they were forced onto the back of their heels. "But you should have saved yourself."

"There'd be no point in living without you and the SGC."

Hathor laughed as the snakes awaited their lunch eagerly. More bullets riddled the floor, and the metal spikes beneath them. "This is the cost of Disobience" she laughed as she walked away. "Say your Goodbyes"

"You know if circumstances had been different...." Daniel started.

"Don't go there" Sam cut him off. "It's too wonderful to think about.

And Daniel and Sam were left to die.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to DCMurth