Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Marooned Part 1

by DCMurth
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Marooned Part 1

Marooned Part 1

by DCMurth

Title:Marooned Part 1
Author: DCMurth
Email:d_murthi@yahoo.com
Status: Complete, Part 2 being written
Category: Romance (eventually), hurt, emotion (shock horror!)???
Spoilers: None that I'm aware of
Sequel/Season Info: Don't really have a clue. You decide
Rating: In England a PG/12. In the U.S.A probably a PG
Content Warning: Do not read if you suffer from becomming addicted to Stargate Stories! Couple of mild offensive Words
Summary: After the death of 3 SG teams at the hands of some of the Egytptian Gods, Refugee Sam must try to get home, after 'gating' to an unfamiliar planet. Oh yeah, Daniel is there too!
Disclaimer: Stargate Sg-1 and its characters are the property of Stargate (II) Productions, Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions (shame). This story is for entertainment purposes only and no money exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author. This story may not be posted elsewhere without the consent of the author.

"Daniel, wake up. Wake up, darn it."

Daniel opened his eyes grogily, wincing at the bright sunlight at the sound of the voice. As his mental systems jolted back into gear all the obvious questions sprang to mind,:

"How did he get there?", "Why was he here?", "Where was here?"

"Where am I" he groaned, half through pain and half through caution.

"You're on P3X779, I hope" a voice answered.

"Who are you?"

"Daniel, don't you recognise me?"

"I can't see a thing."

"Daniel it's me, Sam."

"Sam how did I get here?"

"Don't you remember anything? That was a pretty bad knock you got."

As if on cue his forehead started throbbing, he remembered a staff weapon blast shooting out infront of him and he going out with pistols blazing as he had seen all his commerades fall as victims of the Go'auld. Hathor, Apophis, Hor, Osiris and Isis. It had seemed that either the 'Gods' had either been fighting each other and SG-1 had been caught up in the cross-fire, or else they had united against Earth even against the treaty. Everyone had died, everyone, he had been the sole surviver as he fled, he had been hit while dialling a safe planet as undoubtadely if he dialled home he would only have the Iris to meet.

"Sam is everyone else...."

"Dead, yes. We stood no chance against that army. We were the only sole survivers."

"But how Sam, I saw you get shot with a Zet, just before I left."

"What can I say, Jolinar gives women fast powers of healing." She grinned and then her face fell back into a solemn grimmace as she helped her friend up.

Daniel didn't hestitate to aid Sam in his recovery. He had known her long enough to trust her. Besides she was a 'doctor'.

His eyes came back into focus about an hour later. Sam had been tending to his wounds as best she could, ripping her own clothes to give him a bandage and ferrying water back and forth to him to help him get comfortable in any way that she could.

As soon as his thirst had been quenched he asked her, "Did you grab the Access codes from Jack?"

She gave him a look of disgust as if to say, "Do really expect me to take from the dead?"

This was now a moral that he now sorely regretted implanting in her.

"Do you know what the hell we ran into there Daniel!" She surprised him with her harsh tone, "because I'd sure like to know how the hell 3 SG teams died."

"It's only a guess Sam but I think that we ran into a meeting between four Go'auld, and my guess is that Aphosis (who was the only one with the army) was going to kill the other three after the negotaitions were complete and take control of their army and then go out and destroy any and every other thing that exists. He'd be a hell of a match for the Tolan, Nox and even the Azgard."

Sometimes this mild mind could really surprise even the master warrior and tactician that was Samantha Carter

"So what do we do now?"

"To be honest I really don't know. We can't return to Earth, but we might be able to get to Talana or somewhere like that. I just need to remember the co-ordinates."

"Daniel we let the computer sift through that lot on Earth, there's no chance of you remembering any of those, there's no symbol room in sight. We are on a beach. We're stranded, we have no backup, no Malp, nothing. The only thing that we have is the DHD."

"Sam we have to remember. If we don't then the Go'auld will have the element of surprise and the chances for our allies will be slim to nothing. Then even Earth could be wiped out."

"Daniel you've not fully recovered, you're too weak."

"I'll be fine Sam" His eyes pleaded with her, but there was something more, there was a fire that was never there, there was a revengeful intent. The calm and quiet that was normally Daniel Jackson was consumed in revenge."

"Daniel, for God's sake listen to me, I don't know what side effects you may be experiencing but this isn't the real you."

"But is this the real you?" Daniel blurted out. It was even intended, but he noticed that Sam was different, so different that it was driving him insane.

The remark hit hard with Sam, "How dare you say that to me you Bastard, I nursed you back to health, don't you even know me at all!" She screamed at him. She could feel the rage burning up inside her. This was driving her crazy, he seemed so different, so intensly hateful, she watched his eyes intently, bright gleaming, shining but so full of sorrow that it made her want to cry. However she was still a messanger of Earth and she grabbed him knocked him down, (as gently as she possibly could with out him being able to get to her, and without being too hard). She started feeling around his neck checking for signs of a Go'auld entry point.

Daniel was on the point of apologising when she suddenly advanced toward him, and he suddenly found himself connecting with sand with a very beautiful body on top of him he realised not only that but it smelt so good, so refreshing.

"O.K. so it's you, now why on Earth would you say something like that, after all we've been through as a team........" She trailed off as if her thoughts were never to be realised.

"Why Sam, you're asking me why!" he gasped in exclamation, "When I went to Abydos, I thought that I had found the love of my life, because of me she was taken by the Go'auld and made a host, as Skaara said, being a host is much worse then death because I must witness all the wrong that my Go'auld does. Now I've had her killed, as half the rest of the people I've known since I've come back to Earth. Do you realise that before the Stargate program my life sucked, I mean Catherine found me just as I had lost everything, then I was held a virtual prisoner and now that thing," he pointed at the gate.. "has ruined my life. All my goalas that I have been set to meet I the program have been met. The only reason that I've done this is fear, fear for Earth's humans and for everyone else, the ironic thing is that I've had to put up with fear on the unknown and since I've none of that, I'm more afraid of the known than the unknown. I now have nothing left, I don't even know where we are, and there's nothing that I can do about it." His fist slammed against the DHD in frustration.

"Daniel it'll, come back to you now calm down."

"We've no time and we don't even know where we are. I think that the energy put into the wormhole made it jump to somewhere else."

"Daniel let's wait until noght then we can see where we are and find out if there is anything local. If not then we'll just take one thing at a time."

"What if it doesn't come back to me. We can't last forever here."

"Get some sleep, you can borrow what I have, I'll keep watch, you'll feel better in the morning."

The next morning Daniel found Sam slouched up against a tree, with a sharpened curved stick in hand with a map drawn out in front of her, there were some ines in front of her as well as all the symbols of the Stargate drawn out in the Sand. Daniel noticed how peaceful she looked, and he decided to let her sleep while he gathered breakfast. Something had changed inside him overnight and he found himself rubbing over the map so that it all seemed flat like a sandstorm or a wind had rubbed it all out.

The fruit in front of Sam had strong rejeuvinating properties and she found herself woken by the smell and she felt full of energy and promise.

"Noooooooooooo!" She screamed as she found the map gone, she found herself in double agony after she couldn't find Daniel. Without the map she was sure that they would never find a way back. She found herself touring the island several times until she found Daniel, dripping wet swimming in the ocean. She found herself amused at the fact that she had never before noticed his muscular body, this provided several minutes of distraction for her until she found him appearing to be staring at her when she hid behind a tree as he swam toward shore and added shirt and others to his wet swimming articles.

"Daniel!" she called as she jogged toward the shore. He was now fully clothed missing jacket because of the heat. His hair was all ruffled and Sam remarked that it fell nicely across his forehead.

"Oh goodmorning, eaten breakfast yet? The food here is really replenishing."

"Oh yeah thanks, I feel really refreshed now, listen Daniel when you delivered breakfast you didn't happen to see a map on the ground...... did you?"

"I saw the remains of a few symbols that looked like those of the stargate in big holes." He lied, "why?"

"Must have been a Sandstorm then," she mused, "Damn, I spent last night racking my brains trying to remember the co-ordinates to any known friendly planet. Do you remember any of it?"

Daniel shook his head, he hated lying to Sam but he felt compelled to stay here with her, (for a reason that he didn't understand), he actually had a photographic memory and could have drawn out an exact replica had it been asked for.

"I'm sorry Daniel, I tried to find a way of getting you, us to anywhere where we could get home."

"Why did you bother doing that for me?"

"I guess that after all you've done for me, I owed you some payback."

"Sam, you don't seriously think that you owe me anything do you."

"Oh, well, I just......"

Daniel put a finger on Sam's half open lips and a finger on his own. He spoke deeply into Sam with fire that penetrated her very sole, "Sam, you of all people don't owe me anything. I owe you my life, in so many different ways."

Was it just her or was Daniel coming onto her, she decided not and that he was just trying to reassure her, but even so, what a reassurance!

Sam turned, sand and wind blowing gently through her hair and walked away from Daniel, head still turned towards him,...... straight into a tree. She felt strong arms grab her as the world swam and faded from a paradise into darkness.

Sam woke up fresh re-energised when all was dark, Daniel had managed to create a fire and she was huddled up in a blanket next to the fire with warmth and fire dancing up and giving a show that would have put Riverdance to shame. She felt warm and comfortable and there was a juice, (one of Daniels concoctions) lying infront of her. It reminded her of lying on the settee at home with her dad when she was nine with a lovely hot cup of Hot Chocolate next to her on the table while she was watching her favourite film on T.V.

Her forehead was tightly bandaged and so was her waist and back. She noticed that Daniel had ripped his own clothes to provide her with bandages and a pillow to rest her head.

"Thank you!" she murmered, Daniel was turning a stick in the fire and every so often he would get up and go and write something (Sam couldn't quite make out what it was, on one of the nearby trees) he was never gone long though, always back soon to check on Sam. She felt like a little girl and whenever he came back she shut her eyes tight. Somehow, the atmosphere or the island was getting rid of the brave face that Sam Carter had to put on day after day. She had never felt so alive and femanine, however she couldn't keep it up for long and soon enough fell into a deep, long reviving sleep and dreamed about all the things that made her the happy woman that she was.

The next day the girl was gone and only the woman left. She couldn't find Daniel and went wondering, looking for a distraction for the day. She found the markings on the trees that Daniel had made the night before. It was her map, but in 3D and it contained all of Daniels knowledge of Planets that she assumed had special significance to him, and that's why he had remembered them. There was no paper and since the fire had long since died out she used the wood rememance to try and find a familiar address.

When Daniel didn't return past midday she began to get anxious for his safety. She began to scour the island, the shores and the sea, what she thought she saw in the distance was a raft with a limp figure on top. Sam was in no state to swim but the sheer thought that the person might be Daniel spurred her on. It took her hours of pain to catch up with the raft that was drifting on the current. Two lifeless paddles were attached by some string to the raft. There was a lifeless body on the raft, dressed in Daniels shirt, trousers and it hit her. ....... another casualty. There was still no land in sight save their island with the gate, and there was big black burnt hole in the middle of the raft. Sam didn't care how it got there her only immediate thought was to get them out of danger and try and ressucitate Daniel. She gave up hope of trying to reach the shore after 5 minutes as she knew that it was only a certain amount of time before he could no longer be ressucitated.

She realised that she would have no time left soon, her only choice was to give him mouth to mouth. If she had been anywhere else, this would never have occurred as she saw that emotion and affection led to a weakness. Unfortunately this was almost her greatest strength and now she had to go against it.

She blew in, "1 2 3", she counted to reassure herself and also to keep time. She was determined to lose her dear friend, in again, out. "1 2 3" she had to keep going, she pressed down fiercly on his chest, "Don't die on me Daniel!" in, out, "1 2 3" If he didn't recover she might as well stop living as she couldn't do anything by herself. In, out "1 2 3"

Cough, splutter. A horse sound came out of his lungs and the water came out. Despite his breathing being normal and him being alive, his eyes reamined shut. There was not even a flutter, or in fact any other sign of movement from any part of his body. He just lay flat, on his back, breathing, on a raft in the sea of an unknown world.

Sam sighed in relief, she felt herself lie back for a moment before realising that now she had to do the hardest job of all, get them back to land and get them both water. She rose, exhausted but the sheer willpower of living spurred her on and gradually she began to steer the raft back towards the island on which the gate resided. Eventually she found that she couldn't go on and collapsed on top of Daniel in exhaustion.

When she awoke she found herself on an island, sheltered by the raft. It was still hot outside and the only thing between her and the sun was the raft, she laughed a laugh of relief. She was alive. She was alive.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to DCMurth