Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Too Good To Be True

by Claire OMack
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
too good to be true

by Claire o'mack

TITLE: too good to be true
AUTHOR: Claire o'mack
EMAIL: claire_sparkey@yahoo.co.uk
CATEGORY: Action/Adventure, Challenge (1,590), Drama
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: any
RATING: PG-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: sexual situations, violence
SUMMARY: the team go to what seems like a perfect planet, until the locals arive
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: ok i do not own them but hey if i did it would make the world a much happyer place, for me.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: feedback is welcome as long as its not flames, i would also like to mention trisha who has been a great support with my writing and hope fully in the future we will right a story together.

Challenge #1,590 (Added December 3, 2001)

Ok this is my first challenge so here it goes:
1. Kawalsky (not AU) must be in it.
2. Sam must be kidnapped.
3. Must be Sam/Jack.
4. Must have torture, but NO rape.
5. Must have a little humor.

That's all. You must think I don't like Sam, but I do. Please take my challenge.

Submitted by Major Sarah

The wormhole stabilized within the giant ring. The event never ceased to amaze Major Samantha Carter; she sat behind one of the control room computers, her fingers flying across the keyboard telling the MALP what to do at the other end. "Receiving transmission now sir" She said to the tall bald headed man who stood behind her. "Ok Major lets see what PX4 969 has to offer us." General George Hammond said. As this conversation happened Cornel Jack O'Neill came into the room. He stood watching the monitor along with the General and his 2IC. Jack watched as beautiful tropical beach was shown through the screen. The blue sky and white sand beaches were there as far as the eye could see, and the trees, which looked like, palm trees, were swaying slightly in the tropical breeze. "Temperature, 32 degrees C, air 70% nitrogen 28% oxygen and 2%carbondioxide, just like earth sir with only a slight variable on the co2 level." The Major said from her seat. "It looks like a tropical paradise sir." She said with a smile and Jack smiled right along with her. "Well Cornel since you decide to join us, you have a go, prepare to leave at 0900 hours." The General said as he turned on his heel and left the control room. "Well sir it's just the planet you were hoping for." Sam said as she stood up to face him. "Yep looks like its time to break out that little bikini I know you have been dieing to where." he said as he to left the control room. Sam felt a blush rising in her cheeks, but fought the urge to run and hide and chased her CO down the corridor. "Sir are you gonna tell Daniel or am I" Jack adjusted his stride to match hers, and looked down at her " I will give you that honor Carter I know how much you love explaining a new world to him." Sam nodded her head and turned down one of the corridors. Smiling to himself Jack carried on towards Tel'c's quarters.

Telling the Jaffa that they were going on a new mission was much easier than telling Daniel Jackson, jack thought as he rounded the corner, which led to where Tel'c's quarters were. First of all, all Tel'c wanted to know was if it looked like a Gou'ld occupied planet if not what time were they leaving. Easy, where as Daniel would ask about the temperature what plant life was there, if there was any evidence of civilization, and so much more, it just made Jacks head ache. When he knocked on the Jaffa's door there was a deep voiced reply. "Hi Tel'c what ya doing." Jack asked as he looked round the sparse room. "I have been practicing Keel-no-reem O'Neill, is there something I can do for you?" Jack walked over to the door and opened it. "Nope just came to say we are due off world 0900 hours no Gou'ld as far as we can tell, pack your sun block it gonna be hot." Tel'c inclined his head telling Jack he understood and would be there. As Jack walked away he wondered how Sam.. Carter the scolded himself her name is Carter was getting on with Daniel.

"Yes Daniel, looks like a paradise, and its gonna be hot, so pack your sun cream." Daniel Jackson looked up at Sam behind his mop of brown hair, blue eyes meeting shining blue eyes."

"Your excited about this, I wonder why?" Daniel grinned when Sam crossed her arms over her chest. "Well you should like it to, looks like there was some kind of civilization there, as there are traces of live in the MALP reading." It was Daniel's eyes to go bright with excitement. "When do we leave?"

"0900 hours." Sam said as she walked towards the office door. Daniel looked down at his watch. "But that's in twenty minutes, I have to get my stuff together."

"Don't forget to pack your swim trunks." She shouted down the corridor.

"SG-1 you have a go." The General said down the mic as the wormhole stabilized and Jack gave him a salute. "Ok Campers lets go." Jack said as he followed Carter through the stargate.

On the other side Carter and Jack were on their usual heightened state of alert, going either side of the stargate they checked around for signs of hostiles. Both wondered back to the same position and carried on forward. Daniel stood on the platform the stargate was on watching them. Tel'c kept a vigil from the same position, Daniel wondered if Jack and Sam knew what they did, the precision movements, that made it seem like they could read each other's thoughts. He thought probably not as they were always doing it and no one ever said anything. Finally Jack called out. "Ok guys its safe as far as we can see." Coming closer Daniel noticed the beads of sweat forming on Jacks forehead, and he noticed he was very hot to. Taking off his pack Daniel took off his jacket and stuffed it in his pack, leaving him with a t-shirt. Tel'c was not as silly as the rest of the team he had never even bothered wearing his jacket. Jack and Sam did the same, Daniel noticed as Jack watched Sam shove her jacket in her pack. The way she was bent over pulled her bud's tight against her rump and Jack had noticed this to. Snapping his head up Jack looked in to the clear blue sky and waved Tel'c forward. "Keep watch I'm not having the best feeling about this place."

"Why, O'Neill I do not see ant threats."

"Because it is to good to be true." Tel'c arched an eyebrow, at him but kept look out while Daniel and Sam walked further along the beach. "Wow!" Daniel said as he spotted the pyramid shaped building. "Sir!" Sam shouted as Jack looked out into the forest. "Yes." He said walking towards her. Sam pointed to the ruins and Jack needed no further explanation. "Where's Daniel?" Jack looked up towards the building and spotted him by on of the statues that ran along it floor. "Ok that guy is going to be the death of me. Me not Him he gets out of trouble." Sam smiled as they both walked to where Daniel was by the building. "Well?" Jack asked making Daniel jump. "Umm Egyptian by origin, but I suppose that much is obvious, but no evidence that the Gou'ld were ever here to influence it."

"That's good, what about the last time it was used."

"Umm not sure till I get inside." He moved over to the statue and looked round it for some kind of loose brick or lever to show him the entrance. Jack peered up to the top of the pyramid and squinted behind his sunglasses at the sun. "Sure it hot here, I could do with a nice cold one right about now."

Sam looked up with him and nodded her head. "And someone to rub sun cream on your back, then just to lay and read in the sun, on a nice comfy beach towel." She added, walking in the opposite direction to Daniel also searching for the entrance. Jack had great difficulty keeping his mouth closed as she walked away, did it just get hotter or was that just his 2IC.

Just then Tel'c's voice came over the two way. "O'Neill we have company at the stargate I think you should come and great them. "Received Tel'c we're on our way." Jack called for Sam and Daniel to join them and they headed off towards the beach. As they approached they saw many people had gathered around Tel'c he was unarmed and he had his arms behind his back. "I know you are still out there Jaffa, you will return or I will kill this one." On of the men shouted. "Sir they look like they are pretty advanced. There weapons look like guns, and they have Tel'c's staff."

"Ok Daniel, Carter you stay here and go for the gate when they have taken us way, get some help and come back through."

"No sir" Carter said as she rounded the tree and took out her binoculars. "No sir? What this time" O'Neill said with raised eyebrows.

"They might kill you on sight, we need Daniel there to negotiate with them."

"Ok then you go and me and Daniel will make some new friends."

"We know there are three more of you out there, do not try to deceive us." Jack looks at Sam and shrugs. "Plan B"

"What is that sir, we didn't have a plan A."

"I did you just said No. Any way looks like they have made our minds up for us. We all go, makes some new friends."

"Ok Ok we're here, don't kill us till we have been formally introduced." Jack said as they came towards the gathering. The same man that had shouted stepped forward. He looked Jack up and down and frowned. "You are no Jaffa" Jack placed his weapon on the floor as the others motioned for him to do so. Sam and Daniel did the same and both stood up again to be poked in the back with an evil looking weapon. "You're an observant bunch aren't you?" Jack sneered as they tied their hands behind their backs. "We saw you on the beach and this one is Jaffa, the servant of the evil ones." Daniel perked up at this. "If you know what Jaffa are you must be referring to the Gou'ld, we also have hatred for them." The man cocked his head to the side and looked Daniel up and down. "You are not a warier, how do you know of the Gou'ld?" Daniel saw his opportunity and went for it. " I am not a warier I am a archeologist, I study other cultures and there ways. We have met the Gou'ld on our travels through the stargate, we want to make alliances with other worlds to help us defeat the Gou'ld, Tel'c has decide to join us in this quest." The man moved his eyes to Daniel's left to where Sam was standing. He looked all the way down to her feet then back up to her head, lingering on her t-shirt clad body. "This one is a woman, you allow her to accompany you."

"Yes Daniel replied she is a warier."

"This is strange if we take women with us in battle it is for pleasure, not to fight. I assume this is what this woman is here for as well."

Jack straightened his back at the mans words, if anything was going to happen here he would be first to deal with it. "No she is a warier and knows a lot about the working of the stargate." Suddenly there was a clap of thunder and the men who were there captors looked up at the darkening sky.

"We must leave, the storm approaches, you will come with us." With that they were all marched towards the jungle and towards a hole in the base of a mountain that was on the island.

Jack could see nothing in the dark tunnel; he assumed the glasses that their captors were wearing were a version of their night vision goggles. Carter would know how it worked. "Well this is pleasant, couldn't you afford lights in here." That earned him a prod in the back with one of those weapons they were carrying. "Ouch do you wanna watch where you point that thing." That earned him another prod, this time he kept his moth shut.

Sam saw the room first as she was at the front, it was large with two levels one circling the other high above. There were people walking around and others sitting at consoles that were not unlike earth's computers. If she could get a look at one she could determine how useful the technology would be. Jack was behind her, she could feel his presence from a mile away and she knew instinctively that he was planning an escape. She rounded the corner to the room and was made to face into the room with her back to a wall. This prevented them from escaping backwards or to the side; she thought that was very solider like for them, they must have had prisoners before. "You are like the other." The man that had spoke to them before said. "I think that this matter is out of my control now I will summon the General." Sam looked at Jack who acknowledged her surprise at the use of such an earth rank. "Daniel" Jack said as the guards took up watch while they were chained to the wall. "Where do you think this society evolved from, they are well to human." Daniel looked around more. "Well the temple was Egyptian, but this is nothing like it, but then again we evolved from the same kind of culture so, I have no idea, they know the Gou'ld but they are not here, this either means, they have made contact with them like we have, or they brought them here, and then they defeated the Gou'ld." Jack swung his head round. "At this point I am not sure which is better." Just as they finished talking a tall man with a limp approached them. First he looked Sam up and down and nodded. "You are right Holstein she is very beautiful, they are of the same breed as the first?"

"Yes sir except this one he is Jaffa." The older man went over to Tel'c. "What is your purpose here?"

"I serve the Tori in their quest to defeat to Gou'ld and to free my people."

"You are noble indeed, but why should I believe a Jaffa, they only live to serve. Lock them up for now with the other, I will talk to them one by one starting with the Jaffa.

Sam could see the cells they intended on keeping them in They were not unlike the jail cells on Earth, wall at the back cage all round, door on the front, heavily locked. There was on figure inside one of the cells, they were sitting on one of the benches. He did not look up when his door was opened and Daniel was thrown inside. Sam and Jack were pushed into the cell opposite. Daniel stayed by the door, not venturing near the figure on the bed. "Don't worry Daniel, I'm sure he's ok, I mean he's in the same predicament we are. Cheer up campers we have been in worse situations." Jack smiled at his 2IC. "Yeah sir like on that mission to Abdos, that Ra was a bitch." Daniel snapped his head round. Jack clutched the bars. "It can't be" Sam exclaimed coming to stand next to Jack. "Hey Daniel miss me?" Charlie Kawalsky said stepping out of the shadows to the front of the cell. "Charlie" Jack said in a barley auditable whisper. "Yeah sir never thought I would see you again." Jack could barley contain himself as Kawalsky and Daniel shook hands. "How?" Daniel said to the man they all believed died three years ago. "It's along story, but I guess I have a captive audience." He smiled slightly, and sat cross-legged on the floor of the cell. The others took this as an indication to do the same and did.

"You would remember what happened after the thing on the ramp better than me, seen as I was dead. But as I know it I was to go to my family where I was to have my funeral. That did happen, but it wasn't me in the casket." Sam looked at him at this revelation she had been at his funeral, and had seen the body. "How what happened."

"The NID decided they wanted to do an autopsy, but they didn't count on one thing. That I would be more useful alive. They had a stargate."

"We know not any more" Jack added when he said that. " Well they decided to perform this autopsy off world safer they said. Any way they gated to a Gou'ld occupied world they didn't know this at the time though, well they got captured by the Gou'ld, luckily for me kind of, they thought I was still a Gou'ld and they put me in that sarcophagus thingy and I woke up to the sight of Hu're's Jaffa well I went along with it I still remembered being taken over, but the Gou'ld was gone, I waited till night fall then I sneaked away I dialed out to P3X 768, The planet with the friendly natives that thought I was an water monster, because I fell in the river." He smiled at the memory. "I knew that I had to get home but I had no GOD code so I thought I would gate to different worlds hoping to find one where you were. I traded stargate addresses for work, food, till I came here, I thought they would be perfect to help us with the fight against the Gou'ld, but they didn't trust me and they threw me in here." Jack stared at Kawalsky the hair was longer and the body a little thinner, but the light in his eyes was not Gou'ld it was his own and for the first time ever something good had come of the Gou'ld arrogance. Sam stood up and stretched her legs, we need to get out of here sir, they could be good allies if we can talk to them, they have technology I have never seen." Jack stood up also his old knees protesting against the movement. "Yeah we do, Kawalsky do you know of any way out, when less guards are on duty." The Major immediately snapped into his roll and shook his head, "I have only been here one day. The cells are.." Before he could finish his sentence Tel'c was dragged into the cell next to Daniel and he slumped on the round. All four of them rushed as close to Tel'c as they could, Daniel reaching out to touch him through the bars. "Tel'c, Tel'c, he said as the Jaffa turned over. I will be Ok DanielJackson. I must warn you though there methods of extracting information are harsh." Jack swallowed hard as he learnt of this thinking about his friends. "Did you say anything Tel'c?" He hated to ask but he had to. "I did not O'Neill." Jack nodded his head and paced the floor of his cell. "Ok get some rest we need to escape from here before they come to get the rest of us."

"If the Jaffa will not talk then the woman will, and if she doesn't then the others will because she will be hurt more. Bring me the woman!" The General ordered and his guards went to get Sam from her cell.

They heard the guards approach before they saw them, their heavy boots gave them away, and Sam stood up and went to the front of the cell. The guards unlocked her cell and grabbed the Cornel then grabbed her. Jack shouted at them to let her go but they dragged Sam out of the cell and down the hall. Jack was flung against the back wall. "She will talk or you will." The guard said before he left. Jack rubbed the back of his head, he looked across at Daniel and Kawalsky, and they looked concerned. "I'm fine, I hope Carter is to" he added a little quieter. "O'Neil I hope that Major Carter is ok maybe they will not subject her to the same treatment I received, as I am a Jaffa." Jack looked at Tel'c and dropped hi head. "Yeah I just hope they don't decide that the treatment they do give her will not be because she is a woman." Tel'c didn't know exactly what Jack was hinting at but the others did, Daniel shivered and Kawalsky went and sat on the bunk in his cell.

Sam was dragged into a small room with a chair in the middle and a desk at the far end. It reminded her of her interview at the pentagon. She was sat in the chair and her hands were handcuffed behind her. The General and the man he had called Holstein, the man who had captured them, were facing her. The General licked his lips as he looked her up and down., his eyes resting on hers, she could see the eyebrow quirk up in appreciation. "She is like us, not Jaffa." Holstein said as he approached her. He grabbed her hair and pulled her head back. Looking into her eyes for some sign of pain Sam denied him it, throwing him an icy glare. She had been through too much army training to crack under a little hair pulling. "Tell us why you are here?" He said. "Daniel told you, we are explorers who use the stargate to find other cultures like yours, to trade with, help fight the Gou'ld, many things. We are peaceful, and mean you no harm." The General moved closer studying her clothes. "You are a warier, you carry weapons, why should we believe you?" Sam looked at the man she could see his anger towards her, she wondered why; so far they had done nothing threatening. "We carry weapons to defend ourselves, I am like you a solider in what we call the air force. I am a Major I do not know if you have those here, we have Generals on Earth; they send us through the stargate so if a hostile is discovered we can defend our self in battle. Defend our planet if necessary." Sam spoke with pride, about the position she held on Earth and this angered her captors even further. "Liar! A woman would never be used in the front line of any planet this is a Gou'ld trick to win our trust. Send a beautiful woman get us to trust her then wham in they come or a trap is set." Holstein said to the General as he pulled her hair further back. The General nods and Holstein lets go of Sam's hair. He comes round the front and slaps her hard across the face. Tell us your real purpose. The Jaffa said the same thing it is a lie we know it, so tell us or we will destroy you and your planet." Sam sneered at the men and said in a strained voice. "I told you who I was it is the truth, if you want any different information that would be a lie." Holstein slapped her harder across the face this time. It stung, but Sam raised her eyes defiantly to him. "I will not tell you any thing else, if you are going to do it by force." She said and stared at him blankly. " We know the co-ordinates of your world, we will send through a explosive, and kill everyone there." The General stated bluntly. Sam's eyes shot up. "How can you know that?"

"We know exactly who comes through that gate and where from, the glyphs are stored in the central core. You see MAJOR we could destroy your world in one shot of our cannons." He put stress on the word Major and came closer. "Now tell us why you are here, and what your purpose was." Sam looked down, for once she was telling the truth about them and they wouldn't believe her what could she do. "Look I am telling the truth." That earned her another backhand across the face. "I do believe that you are trained in interrogation tactics, but not in ours, maybe some extra force is necessary to convince you." Two of the guards come up to Sam and take her over to the wall to her left where there were chains like on the wall downstairs. They shackled her to them and when they were satisfied she was held tight, Holstein came over to her carrying what looked like a hunting knife. With a glint in his eye he started at her throat, working the blade along her jaw, careful not to cut her down her shoulder, cutting the cloth of her shoulder and taking it down her arm. He then ran the knife across her upper chest; she shivered at the cold touch of the blade. Then he cut the other side off her shoulder. The t-shirt fell away from her front the back only held up by the wall. "Well they know how to pick them General." Holstein said as he looked at Sam's now underwear only clad torso. "Yes she is very alluring, it would have been hard to resist her if we had fallen for their trap. Now we are going to beet them once again." The General said as he added his appreciative look with Holsteins. He moved the knife to her fatigue pants. Tilting his head he looked up at her and Sam shivered at the look in his eyes. "Look I am not some whore come her to seduce you, I am an explorer, why else would I come with three men?" Holstein stopped and thought about Sam's comment. " Wouldn't I have been better off on my own or with other women?" Holstein stood up and looked her directly in the eye. "You would have been excepted more easily then why did you not think of this before."

"Because I am not what you say I am." The General had had enough of this he came over to Sam and took the knife off Holstein and placed it against her throat. "Tell us." He growled. Sam shook her head, waiting for the knife to cut into her. It never came. "Then we will make you suffer." He said and moved the knife down to her bra-covered breast. He ran the knife along her cleavage and stopped where her heart was, smiled then moved it back to the top of her breast and cut a slice about three inches long across the top of it. Sam bit back a cry, and felt the blood slide down her torso. Holstein smiled as the General handed him the knife, and directed him to do what he wanted.

Jack was sick with worry Sam had been gone for over an hour now, and it didn't look like she was coming back any time soon. Then he heard a shout from out side. The guards left their post and the cells were left unguarded. Daniel went to the lock at the door, and started fiddling with it. "What you up to Daniel?" Jack questioned. "Gonna get this door opened." Jack looked on intently as Daniel fiddled with the small pin he had concealed in his shoe. "Hey Danny why you got a pin in your shoe?" Kawalsky asked as Daniel twisted the lock for the forth time. "Well when ever we run into trouble they lock us up I decided to get some lock picking equipment and training." He amazed Jack; Daniel never seemed to stop surprising him. Finally the lock clicked open. Jack could here the shouting out side it seemed that they had enough time to escape. "Should be easy now I know what to do." Daniel said. Letting Jack then Tel'c out of their cells. Jack went over and shook Kawalsky's hand and gave him a slap on the back. " Ok you guys make a break for the stargate I'll get Carter." Daniel nodded; he followed by Kawalsky, Tel'c bringing up the rear went out the window located at the back of the prison. Jack made his way out into the large room, in his search for his 2IC.

Sam was shocked as Holstein bent down and licked the blood off where it had trickled down her chest and torso. He made another slit in her side watching as it pooled at her fatigue pants. "You can tell me now or I can have some more fun with my knife." He said. Sam looked away from him and bit her lip. "You don't understand, I cannot tell you what you want to her because it is not the truth!" She shouted at him through clenched teeth. Holstein was not put off by her words. He licked the blood where it had run down her side, then unsnapped her belt buckle, pulling the bdu's down her long legs, he looked up in to Sam's eyes and saw the hatred there. This seemed to spur him on and he placed the knife on the inside of her thigh, he slit along the side of it creating a crescent shape high up. Sam shivered as she felt his tongue slide along the cut, and she winced as his tongue hurt her. Just then there was shouting from down below. Holstein was distracted and went over to the door to see what had happened. Sam let out the breath she was holding, she hoped that the commotion was her friends escaping, or giving them a chance to escape. "Check the prisoners." The general shouted as he re-entered the room, she had not seen him leave. "Well I see you have been working out Major, very nice." He leered at her. "Maybe I shouldn't let Holstein have al the fun." He smiled as he neared her, looking down at her. He ran his hand along her side and over the mound of her breast. Sam tried to wiggle away but the chains held her fast. "General the prisoners have escaped." A guard Sam did not recognized said coming in to the room. He gave Sam an appreciative look and gave her a once over. Sam only thought about what he would think if she were loose. The General went over to the door. "Holstein take care of her." He motioned for both men to come back inside, and Sam saw both had knives.

Jack was hidden under a cloth on the second floor, from what Tel'c had said about the room, there was a desk at the end, and chains on the left wall, and this is where he expected Sam to be. All he had as weapons were his small knife he hid in his sock and a metal bar he had found on the floor. He hoped to take out one of the guards and steel his gun. Unfortunately they were all down stairs or in pairs. He couldn't take two with his limited armory. As he ventured out into the corridor, he saw the General from earlier, he sent two men into the room with knives that was behind him. The General himself went down the stairs, Jack guessed this was the room Sam was in. He crawled over keeping low he looked in through the small window in the door. He could see both men, and that they were looking in the direction of the left wall. He had to go for broke, he just had to go in there and take them by surprise.

Sam saw how both men looked at her. Like a piece of meat. The new guy looked her over and smiled at Holstein "She is a nice piece, shame she didn't come to me first I wouldn't have said no."

"That's why they send them to deceive. We must not give in Shadvill." Shadvill came closer just a pace or two, and looked at where she had been cut on the inside of her thigh. "What she taste like?" Before Holstein had time to react someone came crashing through the door. Taking hold of Holstein and placing a knife at hi throat. Sam smiled as she saw Jack, and looked into his eyes. He flashed her a smile. "Ok drop the knife." He said to Shadvill. "Stupid fool, do you think I care if you kill him, I mean look what I get all to myself if he dies. He pointed to Sam. Jack then looked at Sam saw how she was chained to the wall only wearing her underwear, she looked beautiful, but he quickly snapped his attention back to Shadvill. While Jack's concentration had been on Sam Shadvill had pulled his gun. "Look what is the point, I can shoot you without hurting him, you can't get me I will still have her." Jack gave Sam a look and moved forward a pace using Holstein's body as a shield. "Ok far enough you come one step closer and I will hurt her. Shadvill said as he placed the knife at Sam's stomach. Jack eased his grip slightly at the indecision and Holstein took advantage of this grabbing Jack's arm and throwing him to the floor. Both men were the same height as Jack and a little more stout and easily over powered him. They dragged him over to the wall where they chained him up next to Sam. They removed Jack's shirt and cut him across his chest sending rivets of blood down his torso. Holstein looked over at where Sam was shouting at them to stop. He slapped her hard and Jack growled low in his throat. "Leave her alone you rat bastard!" He shouted at him when he neared her. Shadvill punched him I the mouth, and then in the stomach. Leaving him stunned and winded. "Please stop." she said quietly, as he came up to her. "You can have me just leave him alone." Holstein smiled and looked at where her lip was bleeding, "Oh but I will have you I don't need him to assure that."

Kawalsky looked up in to the night sky and couldn't help thinking that something had happened. Dammed if he was going to leave Jack behind now he had just found him again. "Ok guys I say we help the Cornel out, then gate home. We can't go back and hope to have re-enforcements quickly." Tel'c looked at the Major and remembered their last conversation, he was sure that this time what he said he meant. "Why Charlie?" Daniel said. "Because of the questions about me, we don't have that time, and I wanna help save them, I need to help save them." Daniel nodded. "Ok then we need weapons." Kawalsky said. "I suggest we take out some guards, steal their weapons." He nodded at the Jaffa's suggestion and they planned their attack.

Holstein advanced on Sam he looked down in to her eyes and saw that she was staring at the man tied up next to her. He looked across at him, and motioned to Shadvill to hit him again. Jack lurched at the punch to his face and moaned into his chest. "Sam don't give up on yourself." He said as Holstein turned back to Sam. "Now you either tell us what your true purpose here is or I will kill him." He said brandishing the knife in fount of her face.

"Then I will start on you." Shadvill licked his lips as Sam raised her face so her eyes could meet Holstein's. "Screw you!" She spat. Holstein smiled and Shadvill cane over to where they were standing. "Oh no that comes later." He smiled at Sam bending down to kiss the blood away from her lip. "Before we kill him we could get some information." He whispered into Holstein's ear. "If he thinks we're gonna hurt her he will say anything." Holstein rubbed the knife along Sam's jaw, and walked over to where Jack panted for air. The blood from his chest was just dribbling out now not flowing, but Sam could see that he had lost too much blood. Jack lifted his head when Holstein began to talk. "You will tell us why you are here, who sent you and what your purpose was. Or I will take her here and now in front of you then Shadvill will have her then we will kill her. Sam shuddered at this thought but when Jack looked over at her she knew that they had found his weakness that he would tell them anything so she could live.

Kawalsky took the guard on the right down while Tel'c took the one on the left. Daniel was in position to take down the guard inside the door when he came running out. Now fully equipped with weapons, they stole inside the compound.

As they emerged through the tunnel they saw that one of the containers in the corner of the huge room had blown and was now venting gas in to the chamber. The guards did not know what had hit them when Tel'c and Kawalsky took out the second container. Daniel meanwhile was heading up the stairs, to the room Tel'c said they would be held in. Kawalsky had told him to go up but not in they didn't know how many hostiles would be inside. He crouched down behind the wall by the door, waiting for his teammates to join him.

Jack saw the look on Sam's face when she knew they had beaten him. She cast her eyes down and a single tear ran down her cheek. I'm sorry he mouthed. "We were sent by General Hammond of Texas." He began Sam shot him a look. She couldn't believe what he had started to say. "We come from Earth a planet much like this one. We came to neutralize any threats to Earth and it's inhabitance. If not make peaceful contact with its natives." Jack looked up in to the eyes Of Holstein and saw the look of rage in his eyes. "You fool, do you think that I am stupid, that is the same thing she said." He thrust the knife in Sam's direction. "I will kill you for wasting my time, and her." Shadvill stepped back towards the door peering out thought the window, he had heard something, the shouting and noise below had gotten worse. He could see the steam coming from the second coolant and wondered briefly how tat had happened. "We had better finish this, before the General comes back or he will not be pleased."

"Finish this you bastard." Kawalsky said as he shot Shadvill with the gun he had stolen. Before Holstein could react Tel'c had him by the throat and knocked him unconscious. "Jack, Sam" Daniel said as he unchained both. Taking his jacket Daniel wrapped it round Sam's shoulders as she hoisted up her pants. They held one another just to make sure they were both still alive. "Ummm guys, wanna get a move on here, these guys aren't gonna be happy when they find out we killed their people." Kawalsky said as he stepped outside. "Yeah coming" Jack said as he limped out the door. Kawalsky handed him Shadvill's gun and he took it. Sam had Holstein's and they went out into the large room.

Tel'c fired a shot through the tunnel to kill the on coming guard he went down leaving the path clear for their escape. "Sir" Sam said as they reached the entrance. "Our GDO we need it to get home." Jack turned his head ok guys we will have to go back they are on that large table thingy in the middle of the room including our kits."

"No sir" Kawalsky said.

"No sir? Do my orders not count for anything these days."

"No sir your injured me and Tel'c will go get the GDO." Jack nodded as he sat heavily on a rock. "Ok meet you back here. Oh and if there is any shirts hanging around."

"No problem sir." Kawalsky saluted, as him and Tel'c raced back towards the compound.

Once back inside things had died down a bit with the coolants. At least they had stopped the leek. Kawalsky saw the kits on the table unguarded. The General was going up the stairs to his office. Tel'c noticed that he came out pretty quick after discovering the loss of his prisoners. He smiled to him self at the deception. Kawalsky took out one of the overhead lights and they were cloaked in darkness. "Good job we remembered to steal us some of these night vision goggles to." He said and patted Tel'c on the back.

Jack couldn't keep his eyes open, he supposed it was from the blood loss, but it could be to do with the fact he was freezing and he had been up for 27 hours. Sam was sitting next to him shivering to. She had got some bandages from Daniel who carried a mini first Aid kit around in the inside pocket of his jacket. She had started wrapping it around the Cornels chest. "You should be ok sir if we can get you back. There was a lot of blood loss." She smiled weekly up at him. As she finished bandaging him he took hold of her hand. " You need some of these to." He said indicating to the small plasters and pads next to her. "It's ok sir, I will be fine. Any way my injuries are in a slightly delicate place." She blushed and turned away slightly from him. He caught hold of her shoulder, and turned her so she faced him. "It's ok Sam We need to tend to them." She nodded her head slightly. She unzipped Daniels jacket and handed Jack the pad and some water. Jack put his hand just above the cut, he couldn't help but stare at her chest, the fact that it was stained with blood, only made him feel even more protective over her. He touched her Breast with the water soaked pad carefully, whipping away the blood and then placing a dry pad over that securing it with some tape. His fingers trembled as he moved his hand slowly down her side. Trying to convey his feelings. Sam looked down at him. "Thank you." She whispered. "Now the other one." Sam licked her lips and unsnapped her Bdu's and slipped them down her legs. Jack looked at the wound high up on her thigh. It was deeper than the other and was still bleeding. He ran his hand up to the wound causing Sam to shiver. "Sorry I didn't mean to hurt you." He said as he felt the movement. "You didn't." Jack nodded and carried on cleaning the wound. Sam had placed her hands on his shoulders and was keeping herself steady while he cleaned her wound. "It is going to be hard to put a bandage there." He said resting his hand on her thigh. "Ok just leave it we will be back soon." She bent down to pull up her trousers and looked him in the eye. She saw him look at her mouth quickly then he looked away. "Jack?" She questioned. The mention of his name caught his attention. "Yeah, maybe you should do up your jacket it's getting cold." Sam looked down at her self and blushed slightly. "Sorry sir I was just getting to used to being topless on this mission." Jack turned his head up to her and smiled. "Don't let me stop you then." Sam grinned at him as she slipped the zip up. The tense moment eased as she thought about another thing. "Sir why didn't you go back for re-enforcements?"

"I thought you needed help now not later, any way I did send the others to get some. Daniel." Jack shouted at the archeologist who was standing some distance away at the fringe of the forest. "Yeah" He called back. "Why didn't you go back for back up?"

"Kawalsky thought you were in trouble and we could help faster." Jack nodded his head. "Figurers." Just then there was some movement in the trees.

Getting the equipment in the dark was easy in and out, keeping the guards off their tails once they were out wasn't, they had to split, then come back together, to eventually circle in on the rock, where they had left the others. Tel'c was confident that they had not been followed. Daniel stood looking at them when they came out of the trees. "Did you get them?" he asked nervously looking around. "Yeah we got rid of the guards to, took them on some ride." Kawalsky said as he came to sit with Sam and Jack. " We got to go sir they are every where now they know we are missing." Jack stood up carefully helped by his 2IC. "Ok but their gonna know we are headed for the stargate, so we better come in from the forest." They all nodded and prepared to move out.

Sam's leg was hurting, but she couldn't complain when her CO had a long knife wound all the way across his chest and was managing fine, she noticed how he looked at her and how his eyes seemed so concerned, when he was the one in trouble. Kawalsky was up ahead Daniel by his side, Sam and the Cornel leaning on each other to keep up the pace, and Tel'c on their six. As they approached the stargate, they saw lights and an army of guards. There had to be at least 20 with the General at the front.

"I know you are out there and if you do not show your selves I will activate the stone ring and destroy your planet." The General called out. "Does anyone else have this feeling of de Ja vu or is it just me" Jack said as they came up to the edge of the forest. " We need to get passed them or we aren't going home." Daniel stated as the guards began moving around a large weapon. "What is that for crying out loud." Jack said as the weapon began to power up. "Looks like a cannon sir they told me about it earlier, like a nuclear weapon sir." He looked down at Sam "It will crush on the Iris though right." She looked back up into the Cornels eyes and saw the dismay there. To come so far to end like this was not what they had hoped for. "Yes unless it can penetrate it like we did on Endora." Jack physically recoiled at the image. "Ok we are gonna have to give ourselves up, we can't wait and hope it's all gonna be alright." Jack stated as they made their way towards the stargate. "You!" He shouted at them as they approached their position. "Will pay dearly for the loss of life." The guards quickly disarmed them and had them tied up. "I want answers or I will send the bomb." Ok dial up the address and ask for General Hammond talk to him see that we are telling the truth." The General kicked the sand in anger. "Fools, do I have to ..."

He didn't finish his sentence. The stargate began to light up, as the symbols were put in. SG1 ducked as the wormhole shot out, unfortunately the guards did not. The General shook with anger as half of his guards evaporated in to the shimmering blue pool. Sam sat in ore of the wormhole when SG2 emerged through it. "Thought you could use some help here sir." Major Ferriti said as he made the guards drop their weapons. "I what" he began as his eyes fell upon the fifth member of the SG team. " Kawalsky" He said coming over to him. "Sure is, and before you ask it is a long story."

Two Days Later...

It was nice to be out of the infirmary; Sam had had her fair share of hospital food. Jack however was not so lucky; Jennet Frasier had wanted to keep him in one more day. Jack had said he wanted to go home but she hand insisted and what the doc said went. Kawalsky, after being looked at questioned probed in places he didn't know he had was cleared. How they were going to explain this to his family was something no one had the answer to yet. As for the inhabitance of P3X 969 they were told about earth invited there under guard and are now considering the possibility that SG1 were telling the truth. General Hammond had thought about giving the co-ordinates to NID, but just decide to lock them out instead. Sam thought back to the image of the tropical paradise that was on the MALP screen. Then she thought about what Jack had said, it was too good to be true. As she entered the infirmary she saw him staring at the ceiling. "Sir?" she questioned him. "He took his gaze off the ceiling to rest on the most beautiful blue eyes in the world. "Yeah" He said "Just counting the cracks Major." She smiled at his words and sat down in the chair. "They have cleared Kawalsky and he is to re-join SG2 under Ferriti. Jack nodded. He couldn't stop looking at her. Thinking about how he had nearly lost her. "Sir?" She questioned again. " Nothing just thinking."

"What sir?"

" Not every thing is to good to be true." He picked up her hand and squeezed it. She smiled and looked down at it. " No sir, some things are just the way they seem."

FIN

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Claire o'mack