Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Feelings

by Chazzi Carter
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Feelings

Feelings

by Chazzi Carter

TITLE: Feelings
AUTHOR: Chazzi Carter
EMAIL: ChazCarter@StargateSG-1.com
CATEGORY: Sam/Jack, Thoughts, Hurt/Comfort
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: minor for "100 Days," "For the Grace of God" and "Point of View"
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: romance, Small mention of sex
SUMMARY: Jack considers his feelings towards Sam while she is in the infirmary, after being mysteriously knocked out...
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This is my first Heliopolis story, but I promise you there will be more to come! Feedback, please!

"Sam!" I yelled as I dashed towards her quarters. "Sam!" I flung the door open. There she was, lying peacefully asleep in her bed. But something was wrong. She was lying too peacefully. Creeping up on her, I checked her pulse. It was there, but it was faint. I quickly swept her up in my arms and... BANG!

"Damn you!" The door had opened in the night. Obviously 'something' had made it slam, waking me from my sleep. What had my dream been about? Oh, yeah. Sam. Even though it was the middle of the night, and had been a dream (I hoped), I thought I had better go and check on her.

As I walked down the corridor, I felt waves of coldness sweeping over me. It was too quiet, even for the middle of the night. I liked action. Not even I was to know I was going to get it, and soon.

I opened the door to my 2IC's quarters, my eyes searching her room for any unusual sign. Sam wasn't in her bed, or by her desk. She was probably still at the lab, I guessed. I was just about to leave when I caught sight of a small crack of light coming from the bathroom, whose door was slightly ajar. Sam would never be so careless as to leave a light on, I thought. So I checked it out. Sure enough, she was sprawled on the floor, her face as pale as it could get. I checked her pulse. Faint, but there. Just like my dream, I swept her into my arms, but this time I managed to finish the job and carry her to the infirmary. Doc. Warner was on duty, and when I placed her on the bed, I sat back and watched him swoop onto her like a vulture onto a dead body. He was obviously bored out of his mind, to swoop down onto something as simple as Sam knocking herself out. But she wouldn't do something that silly. Would she?

When he finished, he told me to stay and keep an eye on her. He hadn't sedated her, just in case.

I woke up the next morning very annoyed with myself for falling asleep on the job. General Hammond had told the Doc that I could have the day off to keep an eye on Sam. For the whole day there had been no change in her condition, so I had time to think while I sat and stroked her pale cheek. Think. About Sam's competitors. Laira, obviously. Yes, sex with her had been exiting, but it still didn't beat the pleasure of waking up with Sam Carter in my arms. We had brought back five orphan children from a planet, and before they got adopted, we took them for a week's holiday to Orlando SeaWorld. The youngest had got it into her head that Sam and I were her parents and that we loved each other. One night, we had slept together (in the same bed, not 'doing anything'), and in the morning I had woken up with my arms wrapped around Sam. I could still smell the sweetness of her hair, and feel the warmth of her body next to mine.

I also thought about the other realities. We had been engaged in one, and married in another. Maybe fate was trying to tell us something. But in this reality, we had regulations.

Yeah, you could say I loved Sam Carter.

"Jack?" I started, and then looked down into Sam's pale, tired face. She was awake.

"Hey. How are you feeling, Sam?"

"Tired," she smiled weakly, and sat up slowly. I put my arms around her, and we hugged.

"What happened?"

"I don't know. I was walking into the bathroom one minute; the next I was with here. With you," she added as an afterthought. My jacket muffled her voice, and I held her close.

"Never mind."

We would solve the mystery later, when Sam was stronger. Right now, I could smell her sweet hair again; feel the warmth of her body against mine.

I had my Sam Carter in my arms.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Chazzi Carter