Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Dumb Things

by Bryn
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Dumb Things

Dumb Things

by Bryn

TITLE: Dumb Things
AUTHOR: Bryn
EMAIL: bambam126@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: S&J, humor
SPOILERS: none that i can think of
SEASON / SEQUEL:
RATING: G
CONTENT WARNINGS: male/female relationship
SUMMARY: Jack does a dumb thing and has to figure out how to fix it.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Thanks to Linz for the inspiration (and threats) to start writing and to Becca for beta'ing. You guys are awesome!!



I seriously think that was one of the dumbest things I have ever done. That says a lot considering I am a guy that has spent most of his life being dumb. See the thing is I sorta...kinda...accidentally... forgot Sam's birthday.

Before you all yell at me, it's not *completely* my fault. I mean we were off world and under attack at the time! and I did know it was coming up... and then I knew it had past.

So due to my utter dumbness I am now desperately searching for a way to make it up to her. How does one make it up to one's girlfriend when he has forgotten her birthday, you ask? Well don't look at me I haven't the foggiest. Which is why I went to Daniel and Teal'c for help. I know they aren't exactly poster boys for good relationships but as I said before I was desperate and I could use any help I could get!

Unfortunately for me they turned out to be no help at all.

"I can not help you O'Neill. I would not be so foolish as to forget such an important date as a birthday," Teal'c informed me. Thanks buddy, just rub it in.

"Wow Jack, you really screwed up," was all Daniel could tell me. Again not the kind of moral support I was after here.

So I tried Janet: "You forgot her-?!" was all she got out before I realized it I would be a lot safer running in the opposite direction.

I even tried Cassie: "You could always ask her to marry you! She would definitely forget about the birhtday thing then." Tempting thought but not entirely healthy for a relationship that is suppose to be secret.

So you wonder: what did I finally do? The manliest thing I could think of.

"Jack, what are you doing?" Sam asked as she opened her door and found herself staring face to face with a pair of big yellow eyes.

You would think she had never seen a black-ops trained, Air Force colonel hiding behind a kitten before.

"Hoping you don't deck me," I said from the other side of the fluffy little fur-ball I had strategically placed in front of my face.

"Meow" said the kitten.

"So you've come to grovel and you think that a cute little kitten is going to save you?" she asked.

I nodded vigorously, still hiding. "Will it work?"

"I don't know..." she said trying to sound stern, but I could tell she was already giving in.

"Meow."

"I love you, Sam," I said in my sweetest, most innocent voice and gave her the big watery eyes.

That did it. She crumbled and reached for the kitten. "Man, I am such a softy," she mumbled.


If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Bryn