The last engagement von Lt Col Virag

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

The last engagement

Part 2

No surprise


“We’ve got a stable connection, sir.” reported Cory.

That was at least a good beginning. Tod actually gave them an address which is related to a world. In just a few seconds they opened a radio channel, and contacted him. He was there, waiting for them to arrive. When Sheppard tried to tell Tod that he can’t leave Atlantis, so his team will go, Tod stated that he would only talk to the Colonel. So he didn’t have a choice, because he didn’t want to let that chance to slip out from his fingers. So he picked up a gun, and he went through the gate with Ronon, Teyla and Marshall. When they arrived they performed basic military procedure and made sure that the area was clear. It was, Tod wasn’t lying. He was alone there waiting.

“Sheppard! I knew you’ll come.”said Tod with a little relief in his voice.

“Wouldn’t wanna miss this one!” answered Sheppard ironically. ‘You have to come with us to Atlantis. There we can discuss this deal of yours.’

Tod didn’t have much choice but to go with them. Sheppard asked him to take off his sub-space tracer device. Tod unwillingly, but took it off. Ronon stepped to the DHD and dialed Atlantis.


“General! Receiving Colonel Sheppard’s IDC!” turned Cory to O'Neill.

“Lower the shield, Major!” and just a second after he did, Marshall’s team, Sheppard and Tod stepped through the gate. The security soldiers were aware of Tod’s being a threat to the city. So they were armed and ready for his arrival. They headed towards Sheppard’s office, on the way he motioned the General to stick around.


“So you’re Tod” started O'Neill “I thought you would look more… friendly, I guess.”

“Who is this, Sheppard?” asked Tod with a slight distrust in his voice.

“General Jack O’Neill” replied Jack instead “The boss, you might say.”

“I will only speak to John Sheppard!” stated Tod once more.

Jack thought it might be a good idea to let him talk to only John, so turned around, and left the office.

“So you damn better talk now!” turned to Tod starting to be a bit angry.

“I can give you coordinates to altogether 27 hive ships on rest time on different planets. It would only take a few precautions for your people, and you could destroy approximately 27,000 wraith at one time.”

“And what’s in it for ya?” asked John suspiciously.

“That after this I will take over, and lead the remaining wraith. You recognize me as their leader, and from that on we leave each other alone.”

“Yeah, right. And how you gonna solve the feeding thing on humans?” asked John sarcastically.

“We are willing to take the virus developed by Dr. Carson Beckett, that will leave us to be wraith without the need of feeding on humans.”

“Yeah... I’ll need to discuss that with my superiors.”

“Do not forget John Sheppard: the wraith went to sleep to gain energy for a final strike on Atlantis and Earth!”

John was hesitating. He told the guard standing at his door to take Tod to a highly secured room. He went to the control room and grabbed the speaker.

“Ronon, Teyla, Rodney, Marshall and General O'Neill! Please come to my office immediately. Sheppard out.” and he stepped back to his office.

In just about a minute all who were asked to come were there. John motioned them to take a seat. Ronon was the first to speak up.

“So what did he say?”

“He did offer 27 coordinates, each opening to a resting hive.” said John while he seemed he was thinking.

“And what does he want for exchange?” asked Jack.

“To be recognized as the leader of the remaining wraith, live in peace, willing to take the anti-feeding virus that Carson developed.”

“Yeah, and we suppose to believe that.” spoke Rodney up.

“Right now there is no reason for us not to. And in fact the wraith are gathering energy for a last great siege on Atlantis and Earth.”

“No surprise on that fact!” a little sarcasm could be heard in Ronon's voice.

“So General?”

“So what?” picked up his head.

“Well, you’re giving the orders.”

“Forget it, Sheppard!” snapped Jack “You are in charge of this city!”

“Okay, that wasn’t what I wanted to hear. Anyways, do we have enough nukes for this at all? ”

“Well” started Jack “We have about 100 Mach3 naquadah bombs on the Alpha Site. With the Daedalus it shouldn’t take more then 2 weeks to deliver it here.”

“Good! Then I think we should do this. Guys?”

“Killing a lot of wraith. Got no problem with that.” said Ronon, and everybody else acclaimed.

Just as John was about to finish this meeting outside of the room, in the gate room, the stargate activated. Cory grabbed the speaker

“Incoming wormhole”

All six of them ran out to see what’s happening.

“Cory, raise the shield! No team is off-world right now.” ordered John

“I can’t sir! It’s not responding!”

All of them got shocked when the traveler came through the gate.

“Now that is a big surprise!” shouted Jack smiling