Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

O.K

by Blue841
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
O.K

O.K

by Blue841

Summary: Sam comes to Jacks office
Category: Future Story
Episode Related: 715 CHIMERA
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 02/25/04

There was a knock on his office door, he recognised its rhythm and invited its source in. Sam entered; she held her hands behind her back and stood in the middle of the small room. Jack studied her, she carried an air of unease and he felt a wave of discontent wash over him.

"How's it going?" he asked, she fleetingly met his eyes.

"Fine, fine, I think we've collected all the equipment we're gonna need and if we haven't we can always radio back and get it sent through"

"Yes you can", he looked at her expectantly.

"Was there something you needed?"

Sam took a deep breath, "Pete asked me to marry him", she let out.

She was the one studying him now. He'd turned back to the computer and had started jabbing fingers at the keyboard, his clenched jaw the only sign that what she had said had had any effect upon him at all. The silence stretched for what felt like a lifetime.

"And........what did you say?"

"I said no", their eyes met for a millisecond, then each pair continued to dart around the room.

"Why?" He looked at her, her mouth opened but the question had caught her off guard.

"I mean.... he seems like a good guy, he knows about your job and the risks involved, if he can handle that then he's clearly worth a bit more than your average guy on the street, he's obviously besotted with you......"

"I told him that I wasn't in love with him...."

"Woah Carter, way to let a guy down gently", he could not begin to describe the surge of relief that had rushed through his body at her words.

"...that I was in love with someone else."

They looked at each other.

"I just thought you should know" she said, he could swear he'd heard her voice quiver slightly.

"Ok", geez they didn't do this.

"Ok... I'll um see you when I get back"

"Ok", he watched her turn and leave and listened to her footsteps echo down the corridor, then turned back to the computer, trying to remember what on earth he had been writing about before she had entered the room.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Blue841