Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Tying the Knot

by Aurem Deae
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Tying the Knot

by Aurem Deae

TITLE: Tying the Knot
AUTHOR: Aurem Deae
EMAIL: aurem_deae@yahoo.com
CATEGORY:
SPOILERS: Only spoiler is a minor To'kra spoiler
SEASON / SEQUEL:
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS:
SUMMARY: The To'kra give new meaning to tying the knot.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: All i own is my toothbrush and socks, so don't bother suing me. I am only borrowing SG-1, but i'll probably keep martouf around a little bit longer :)
AUTHOR'S NOTES: The wave ~~~~~~~~~~ denotes scene, POV, or time change. Feedback is needed this is the first fanfic i am putting out

They had been together for only a year when they found out Sam was pregnant. Heck, they wouldn't even admit to their "extracurricular activities" up until then - regulation crap. Then again who didn't know. Even if Sam never wore a ring we knew her and Jack were engaged. The pregnancy caused no small stir, but General Hammond was understanding. Janet said up until two months before her due date, she was fine gating. Needless to say, they weren't going to send SG-1 to Chulak for a while. Still, there was protocol to follow, and Sam and Jack desperately want to get married. Then it hit me; the government accepted "off-world" marriages. I had married Sha'uri and she legally became my wife. I did not mention my idea; we still needed a planet to marry them on, and without it looking planned. I never imagined Teal'c would be our saving grace...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

At night, Daniel Jackson was sitting outside his tent on P8Z1245.

Sam and Jack were curled up together, Sam's belly beginning to be distended. I smiled. It was good to see my friends happy. Jack looked like a four-year-old with his hands in a cookie jar. And for the first time in my life, Sam seemed more like a docile house cat, than ferocious lion. They were in love - the tough ones, the Air Force's best, SG-1's leader and second in command. They were truly happy. But I still had to figure this one out. Teal'c was just walking back from securing the perimeter for the hundredth time. He let a smile slip when he saw the two sleeping lovebirds.

"All is well Daniel Jackson." Teal'c announced stoically but with tenderness. I looked at the sleeping couple.

"Yeah, it sure is."

"Daniel, I know that your world recognizes off world marriages, this would not interfere with their position in the Air force, would it?"

"If they are married off world, it would have to be accepted. On Earth there is just a hell of a lot of red tape." Teal'c nodded, his eyebrow quivering to the strange mention to tape, but still acted like he agreed.

"You see," I continued, " We need to find a world that would marry them. That is my problem, and how so we get there without.."

"Red tape?" Teal'c interjected. I nodded my head.

"Yes." We both thought for a moment. Then Teal'c raised his head.

"The To'kra could be of some assistance."

"How?"

"Samantha Carter's father has requested her presence, has he not?"

"Yes.... I believe you are right Teal'c"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sam and Jack's house, the next day

I knew the space monkey was up to something. He sounded cheerful when he suggested a meeting at * my * house. He was always up to something.

Daniel and Teal'cs plan could work. It could, if only we could get in contact with Sam's father. But of course my brilliant fiancé came up with the solution.

"Guys, we are slated to visit P8Z9139 I two days. There are no threatening life forms present; we are going only because I requested to take a look at the mineral deposits a previous team had found. From there we can contact my father, he will meet us at that world and we can explain to him what to do....'

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

P8Z9139, at base camp.

"Daniel Jackson, the Stargate is engaging. Teal'c was our lookout at the gate. Sam was taking samples of the mineral deposits and Jack was watching her back. Me. I was left as the go between. I nodded quickly to Teal'c and dashed off to the deposit site.

"JACK! SAM! Incoming Wormhole!" They dropped what they were doing and sprinted up the side of the ravine. Well, Sam sprinted as best a six-month pregnant woman can sprint up a vertical rock.

We arrived just in time. General Carter and Martouf stepped gingerly out of the event horizon. As the wormhole disengaged, General Carter looked around and his eyes rested on beaming Sam.

"Hi kiddo"

Martouf nodded and smiled brightly. "Hello everyone."

Sam dad loped down the ramp and gave Sam a hug but paused suddenly seeing a change in her slight figure.

"Darling, is there something you need to tell me?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Two hours later at base camp.

"It can be done, Samantha" Selmac said huskily. "It is not our ways to get in the way of love. We will help you by all means. Martouf and your father shall send for you in nine days, with an urgent message to come quickly."

Martouf smiled and nodded. " I am most happy to help." They rose to leave, Sam's Dad giving her a tight hug. "We must leave now honey, but I will see you in nine days."

That night we all slept with a smile on our face. The To'kra where willing to perform their 'handfasting' ceremony for Sam and Jack. They were literally going to tie the knot.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Nine days later, the SGC

"Incoming Traveler."

"All teams are on world! Close the Iris!" I bellowed.

"No need, receiving To'kra signal." The iris opened and the gleaming event horizon was broken by a young To'kra messenger. I glimpsed Sg-1 in the Gateroom.

"Stand down"

The To'kra proceeded down the ramp. "Samantha Carter. Your father wishes that you visit him on the To'kra homeworld. I am not informed why, but I assure you that we are in no danger. "

Samantha smiled and nodded.

Well I had to let them go. SG-1 left through the Stargate with the To'kra an hour later. I smile at them, a new rather growing family. I guess the perk of being a general is commanding people like them.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The To'kra homeworld

We were greeted by a group of To'kra, my father included, pelting us with flower petals. It appeared that our marriage was underway. I have never seen Jack quite this proud before. It had taken careful packing, but two suits and Jack's Air Force uniform were smuggled in. My father, I was told, would provide my dress. I giggled as a particularly pink petal waved like a flag off of Teal'cs tattoo. It was going to be great.

The women ushered me off to a small cottage that was festooned in greenery and garland. I guess it was our honeymoon suite. In the dressing room, a gown awaited me. Maid out of silky white fabric, this gown did not discreetly cover my bulging stomach. Instead, it framed our child, and showed off my figure as best as I could. I consoled myself that at least my breasts were so swollen with milk I looked less like an ironing board. I had a bouquet of fresh flowers that have no Earthly name. They filled the air with an earthy rich fragrance.

The wedding ceremony itself was beautiful. My father led me into a circle of people. He kissed me on my cheek as his eyes were swelling with tears. He whispered that he loved me and passed me on to where I was given to Daniel and Teal'c. They escorted me in front of the To'kra, and I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it was Martouf who was going to officiate our wedding. Then I saw where Jack waited for me. He was so handsome dressed up like a peacock. His eyes glittered as I was escorted to him. When I reached him, we were told to face each other and embrace. I fell into his arms happily. We parted but stood face to face, with our hands on the other's hips.

"Look into each other's eyes. The love you see there will be bound together today. Love is a great gift. Do you wish to honor it with your vows.'

"Yes!" we replied in unison. A hushed whisper of excitement rippled through the circle.

"Then vow forever what you feel in your hearts."

There was a pause. We took a step back from each other. Then Jack spoke. "Samantha Carter. You are my entire world. Wherever you are is my home. No matter the place, the planet, wherever life takes us, as long as we are together, we are home. My life has been an adventure. Yet, you undoubtedly surpass all that has been before. You healed my heart, and complete me..." He paused. He paused of r a long time. "What can I say..." he murmured. He then looked me straight in the eyes. " I love you Samantha."

A cheer rose up, as Daniel tied the end of a richly embroidered cord to Jack's right wrist.

I barely could hear myself speak. "I love you Jack. Jonathan O'Neil you are my life. Is there more to say than that?" Again a cheer rose up from the crowd. Teal'c tied a second cord around my left wrist.

Martouf smiled, took the end of each cord out of our friends hands. "A new husband and wife, Samantha and Jack O'Neil!" He tied our wrist together elaborately. Kissed us both on the cheek whispered his congratulations and told us we can turn around. As we did, I saw in font of us Dad, Daniel, and Teal'c. Without warning they whooped "KISS THE BRIDE!"

As usual, Jack did his job in kissing me until I was in seventh heaven. I barely noticed the flower petals raining down on us. Then, after officially tying the knot, We led the march back to town, which weaved in and out of everywhere and ended up in front of the bedecked cottage. I stood on the doorway and threw out my bouquet. I don't know who caught it -I was too busy kissing Jack as he carried me over the threshold.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I laughed as Martouf caught Sam's bouquet. Already he was quite admired by some of the younger To'kra females. Once they found out the significance of this Earth custom, they were intrigued all the more. Teal'c was smiling broadly. I was too - laughter was all around, my best friends finally married, but my mind did stray for a moment as I remembered my wedding night with Sha'uri. But there was no sadness today. Wow, Hammond will be surprised when we get back. If we get back. If Teal'c gets any more drunk it will take quite a while for us to recover.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The SGC

"Incoming Traveler! Its Sg-1"

My chin hit the floor as my team emerged covered in flower petals and Captain Carter in what conspicuously looked like a wedding dress. Well, debriefings were never that boring.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Aurem Deae