Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Imprints of a confession long ago

by AthenajawbreakerchickPaisleychick
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Imprints of a confession long ago

Imprints of a confession long ago

by AthenajawbreakerchickPaisleychick

Summary: Her motives are skew, and she's hardly blind to it.
Category: Angst, Drama, POV, Thoughts
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam, Sam/other
Rating: PG
Warnings: adult themes
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 03/03/04

Title: Imprints of a confession long ago Content Warnings: Deep, Angst Pairings: S/J sort of Spoilers: THE LOST CITY PART ONE Season: SEVEN Rating: G-PG Summary: Her motives are skew Author's notes: No beta, spell checked though Archive: ANYWHERE, Sam and Jack PLEASE Disclaimer: I OWN NOTHING. I know this.

*During the Sam and Jack scene in The Lost City Part 1* SPOILERS!!!

Imprints of a confession long ago ---------------------------------------

In that moment that neither of us spoke, And I idly forgot why I was there.

Why was I there?

Instinct? The pressing need that shoved the car keys from my hand into the ignition, and then guided me towards his house, only to find myself on his front door 3 hours later?

To talk? About us? The inexplicability that had led to our twisted, backwards winding mess of a relationship, if you could even call it that. I think that in seven years, on hundreds of planets and battlefields he's been avoiding my thighs...

I couldn't tell you why I was there even if I wanted to. The reason wasn't laying claim to any others, and it sure as hell wasn't going to pop its ugly head out to the surface and say 'I'm missing your voice already, and you haven't even gone yet'.

I can see by the tight set of his jaw that he's still trying to take in the notion, that this may be it. That the cat's nine lives are running short of extras. I see hesitation in his eyes, almost too cloudy to be just the beer that I know he's been drinking, probably since he woke up this morning.

Not that he's been sleeping. I know this. I haven't spent 7 years off world with this man not to know that he hates sleeping and can't even if he wanted to. I think that he's still worried one of us is going to pick up a gun and go for it - Blow ourselves out of the water. Having gone through what we've gone through together, even I'm surprised that one of us hasn't hit the barrel - both barrels - to excess. We're only human after all.

And it occurs to me, how long the moment is. Where neither of us says a thing. I already feel like a little girl, innocent and confused. Confused, because despite boyfriends and rules, and pride, and fear...I would have done it. I would have condemned myself to death and downloaded that information, I could have taken it. Because, I may be a 'national treasure' in his eyes, but I refuse for him to go out like this. If I have to drag his ass back from hell to get him to see the sun again...

My brain engages, and my thoughts surface, rehearsing them a thousand times in just one second, I wait to gain a steady mind before I-

I hadn't anticipated the knock on the door.

"Hello?"

For the first time what seems like many to come, I'm lucky for Daniel; I don't have my gun with me today...

~What once was a marking, Now faded, and grey, Lay like patterns on my body, And to this day, Those sickening, jagged scars,

Now imprinted with the words 'I love you Carter, I'm not going away...'

Imprints of a confession long ago, But that I still remember to this day...~

------------------

Did ya like it? I seem to have paused whilst writing and I JUST REALISED that I have about a week to finish my big fic!!!!!

Feedback is all the rage right now, did ya know?

Athena

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to AthenajawbreakerchickPaisleychick