Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Wrong Parameter

by Anthony Docimo
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Wrong Parameter Wrong Parameter by Anthony Docimo

TITLE: Wrong Parameter
AUTHOR: Anthony Docimo
EMAIL: Keenir@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack
SPOILERS: Tollans
SEASON / SEQUEL:
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS:
SUMMARY: While trapped by sirens, Sam has a bad dream!
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Dedication: To Siobhan, whose critical injuries she keeps trying to ignore. Thanks to: Marianne Angel, and Sonya McGuirk.


The clock silently ticked over to 12:00 noon. Her and Narim were alone in the gate room.

"Look, Narim," she tried telling him, "I'm sorry for leading you on and kissing you, and all; but now i'm involved with my commanding officer."

"YOU HUMANS REALLY ARE PRIMITIVES!!!!!!!! YOUR HEART IS COLD!!!!!!"

*

Samantha Carter jerked awake, trying to catch her breath.

"Lucky me, a nightmare."

"Which means the rest of us won't be getting any more sleep," said Jack's voice wedged up beside her.

They'd gone to sleep like that. Nobody could take one of them without the other one knowing.

The downside was that Jack would roll some in his sleep. He didn't talk - too much training for that.

They were still in the same room: a bubble of air the size of the de-briefing room. Down a tube-shaped bubble off to one side, was a third bubble: the one holding this world's stargate.

Outside the bubbles were what Daniel'd thought were the origins of the mermaid legends, swimming elegantly, if inhumanly, through the water.

Sam tried to sort out what the dream was about - or why it'd even come.

It was clear, even to her, that she had feelings for Nareem....

But things change. He would understand, I mean if we did ever meet up, oh say, two or three years down the line, would either of us've _really_ stay faithful to a person we'd only kissed once and never expected to see each other again?

"He's probably would have moved on too," she mumbled.

"What?"

She tried telling Jack about her dream.

"Ohh yeah, we'd be hearing more about the 'primitive's stuff," he said.

"It's not funny, Jack."

An eyebrow went up. "Gee, we get trapped in here by talking fish, and you drop all pretenses of rank?"

"Sorry. I just - well, I just thought that you felt like I do."

O'Neill backed up. "Major, what I'm feeling right now admittedly _is_ biological: I'm hungry!"

Sam lowered her eyes. Now she was really in for it!

She doubted her father would be very interested in hearing about this little incident. If she was lucky, she would get kicked off of the SGC. If not - It didn't bear thinking about.


If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Anthony Docimo