Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Isoka's Gift: The Truth

by Heimedall
[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Isoka's Gift: The Truth

Isoka's Gift: The Truth

by Heimedall

Summary: Janet takes a trip off world to help a helpless the natives of the world and gets much more than she bargained for, her life is about to take a whole knew direction and everyone in the galaxy will want a part of it.
Category: Drama, Series
Season: any Season
Pairing: Janet/other
Rating: GEN
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story was created for entertainment purposes only. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 01/24/06

ONE YEAR LATER
The Tok'ra Anise ran, behind her a fleet of Jaffa in pursuit, shooting zat guns and staff weapons in an attempt to stop her reaching her exit. They had managed to hit her a few times, but not stop her. Ahead of her three other Tok'ra members have already activated the gate, all 3 were shot in doing so. Anise gave one final burst of speed in an attempt to reach the gate and jumped though just as a staff weapon hits her in the back. She fell though and the gate shut down before anyone could follow.

Janet lay half awake in bed, this was her first day off in a while and she would give anything to be able to stay right where she was, because at that moment in time her pillow was Jonas Quinn. Oh, how he'd swept her off her feet! She would never forget that first kiss. They had been trapped for 14 days on a strange planet and instead of letting everything return to how it had been before; Jonas had shown up at her house in the middle of the night and just kissed her.
The only reason they had stopped the kiss was that Janet's daughter Cassandra had stepped into the hall and said "Oooohhhhhhh" at the couple before laughing and heading up the stairs to bed.
Jonas had stayed that night, but they had only talked. They were up until six am discussing how neither of them wanted to rush into anything.
Now one year later she still couldn't believe that the chicken pox had brought them together.
Lying there, she was lost in thought of the day. She could have just stayed there, in paradise, but she was torn from that dream when Cassandra knocked on the door and popped her head in.
'Mum' she said not wanting to wake her.
'Yeah, Cassie?'
'Do you remember that letter I brought home a few days ago about the trip to Yellowstone in five months?'
'Yeah, why?' She asked yawning.
'We'll it has to be in with the deposit today.' Cassie reminded her.
Janet moaned, and pushing up from Jonas's chest, she climbed out of bed and pulled on her robe before following Cassandra out the door and down stairs. Cassie found the letter and returns form while Janet was looking for her purse and a pen. She quickly filled in the form and gave Cassie a check for the trip and some cash for her lunch before sighing.
'What?' Cassie asked.
'Alone for two whole weeks, what will I do?' Janet joked.
'Oh, I'm sure you can find "something" to do.' Cassie said raising her eyebrows up the stairs in the direction of Jonas.
'Cassie!' Janet said faking shock at the manner of her teenage daughter. 'Get going before you're late or I change my mind about letting you go just to make you suffer.' Cassie took the hint and quickly kissed her mum before leaving.
Janet made her way back up to bed, stepping into the room she was greeted with an empty bed. She sat on the edge, the day now destroyed by the school trip, but she knew it would be worth it.
Jonas stepped out of the bathroom and climbed onto the bed and kissed her neck, he knew exactly where to kiss to make her moan and he always went right for it. That spot always made her smile and that's what he wanted.
'So' he started 'what shall we do now? Get dressed and find something interesting to do? Or get undressed and definitely have something interesting to do?'
Janet laughed then turned to face him; climbing onto the bed she pushed him flat on to his back and was ready to make another move when the phone rang. Letting out a frustrated sigh she climbed back to the edge of the bed and picked up the phone.
'Hello' she answered and waited 'Yes Sir, I'll be there as soon as I can.' Hanging up the phone she got up and headed to the bathroom saying 'So much for a day off'

Janet and Jonas were greeted on level 28 by General Hammond.
'Jonas. I didn't expect you to come as well' he commented.
'Didn't see the point of having a day off with nothing to do sir.' Jonas answered, giving the doctor a quick "remember what we missed" look.
'What's going on?' Janet asked, ignoring Jonas's look as they headed to the infirmary.
'Anise came though the gate. She has been severely beaten, but wanted to give us some information. Before she could, she passed out.' He explained. 'We need to wake her and Doctor Warner is off world helping SG-11'
By the time General Hammond had explained this, they had reached the infirmary. Janet stepped inside and immediately took charge.
Taking the charts from the nearby nurse Janet scanned them and then ordered something to wake her unconscious patient.
Moments later Anise's eyes fluttered open, then, as if she'd been suddenly frightened, she started to move in an obvious amount of panic. Janet and several nurses held her down.
When Anise realised she was at the SGC, she calmed down and looked around at the people surrounding her. Pain flashed quickly across her face before her eyes lit and she spoke.
'I come with great urgency. I ordered the others to dial here so I come to you directly, but I fear it may be too late.'
'Too late for what?' Jack O'Neill asked stepping into the room.
'We were infiltrating a Goa'uld facility when we came across important information. Plans to attack a planet where an Asgard base is hidden. I thought you might want to help the Asgard.' Anise stopped when she received a large shock of pain and in her place spoke her host Freya.
'Anise is struggling to stay alive; she is using all her energy to keep me alive so I can give you the information of this attack. I believe the planets designation is PX3-332. That is if Anise is correct in her calculations.' She paused finding it hard to breath. 'The Goa'uld knows of a base there, but not its purpose. They wish to know what they Asgard find so interesting about this world. They will attack within days.' She stopped again finding it hard to breathe.
'Ok, that's enough. Nurse.' Janet called for the nurse and gave her instructions. The entire time Anise had been talking Janet had been reading though the chart and had found a possible way to save her, but it wouldn't be long before it was too late to attempt. 'Sir, I need to get her into the OR now. There's a chance I can save her.'
General Hammond looked down at the Tok'ra then back at the doctor 'Do it.' He ordered before leaving the room followed by Jack and Jonas.
'We need to get to that planet and find out what's going on. Colonel, you and Teal'c get geared up and ready to go in the next 20 minutes, the rest of SG-1 will follow in a few hours.' He ordered before heading to his office.

Janet stood in the gate room watching the gate as it dialled up PX3-332. She was looking forward to seeing how Isoka was doing, she couldn't forget the small agile child who she had looked after, even if for half the time she was ill from chicken pox herself.
The last chevron locked into place and the familiar wormhole matter shot from the large circle then retreated quickly to once again form the stable pool of water that was safe to travel though.
Eager to go and see Isoka again, Janet had been the first ready and the first into the gate room. To her right the doors slid open and Jonas and Sam stepped into the room. Jonas was first to reach her, he wrapped his arms around her and whispered, 'Eager to go I see.' she smiled leaning back against him.
She had just settled when the sound of General Hammond's voice made her move.
'Major Carter, Jonas, Doctor Frasier, you have a go.'
'Thank you, Sir.' Sam called back and stepping close to Janet and Jonas she smiled. 'Ready?' Janet moved away from Jonas and together they headed up the ramp and stepped though the gate.

Jack and Teal'c stood ready, hidden by the gate, watching to see who would appear, the Goa'uld or their own people. They didn't want to take the chance that this could be the start of the attack they had been told about.
Major Samantha Carter was first to appear on this side of the gate. She looked around and smiled when she saw Jack and Teal'c stepping out from their hiding places. She hadn't considered that they might think it was the Goa'uld.
Jonas and Janet appeared almost at exactly the same moment and both stepped quickly over to the DHD before the vortex expired.
'So, any sign of the Goa'uld?' Jonas asked looking around.
'None yet Jonas Quinn.' Teal'c said watching Janet who had gone pale and was leaning on the DHD as if she couldn't support herself any longer.
'Doc?' Jack asked spotting her too and bringing Jonas and Sam's attention to her as well. Jonas, being the closest, quickly wrapped his arms around her waist and not a moment too soon. Just as he had reached out for here, her legs gave way and she slipped to the ground. Jonas caught her before she hit.
'Janet!' Jonas almost screamed, watching her face screw up in a large amount of pain. Janet was fighting to curl up. Although this was proving hard, Sam and Jack had taken to holding her flat. Sam sat across her legs to keep her down and was looking up her. Jonas kept her down by the shoulders and Jack attempting to pull her hands away from her body.
'Colonel, let her hands go' Sam said, wanting to know where they would go to give her some idea of where the pain was. The colonel obliged and Janet's hands shot to her stomach gripping into one side so hard the Colonel almost immediately grabbed her hands again.
'Carter, she'll hurt herself if I let her go. We need to get her home' Jack said wondering just how they were going to manage this.
'Sir, we don't even know why she's in pain. If the gate caused this then sending her back though could do much more damage than she could survive.' Sam pointed out.
'Can we at least knock her out for now?' Jack said, realising how strong this small woman was and wondering just how long the three of them could keep her down.
'Teal'c?' Sam called, signalling for him to trade places with her. Teal'c moved and took hold of the squirming doctor's legs while Sam got up and headed to the pack that Janet had shrugged off her back on her way to the DHD. Digging around she located the only thing Janet carried that would calm her down. Filling a syringe with the correct dosage, she approached her friend and quickly injected it into her.
It took effect quickly and Janet was able to relax, but she stayed lying on the ground. Jack quickly stripped of his jacket and bundled it up into a pillow and tucked it carefully behind her head.
'What now, Major?' He asked looked back at Sam, but she didn't get the chance to answer before they all disappeared from their spot in front of the gate.

'Quickly, move her onto the bed' Gerd ordered stepping around into the view of the team crowding the currently still doctor. He had been observing them near the gate since Jack and Teal'c first stepped though. 'I must settle the child within her before it is killed by the process that is used to reintegrate it. It is currently unstable after the trip thought the Stargate.' Gerd explained, and Jonas froze in mid motion with Janet in his arms.
'"Child within"?' Jonas asked just a little shocked, but he wasn't alone, Samantha Carter had frozen in her movements as well.
'Yes.' Gerd said signalling to rest Janet down. 'I must do it quickly; you may ask your questions later.' Gerd said realising the shock. Jonas took the hint and laid her carefully onto the bed.
'Jonas...' Sam was trying to ask him a question, but she couldn't get the words out, she stuttered his name and then gave up.
'This isn't possible.' Jonas said watching Gerd.
'How can it not be possible, Jonas Quinn?' Teal'c asked a little more than curious as to why Jonas and Sam where so shocked.
'She can't be pregnant Teal'c, it's just not possible.' Sam said not really explaining anything.
'Carter that didn't answer the question, what makes it so impossible?' Jack asked making sure there was no way she could miss the question again.
The whole time Sam had been transfixed like Jonas, watching every move Gerd made; now she turned her gaze to Jack.
'Sir, Janet had a hysterectomy when she was 25; her ex-husband had beaten her to the point where her body was having trouble coping with that... function.' Sam explained.
'Doctor Frasier does not appear to have ever been beaten.' Teal'c commented raising an eye brow towards the now sleeping doctor.
'That, while not being the point, is true Teal'c, but if she had a hysterectomy there is absolutely no way she can be pregnant.' Jack said joining the conversation.
'Yes there is.' Jonas, Jack, Teal'c and Sam swung quickly round at the sound of a new voice. A small girl stood just inside the door of the room. She was around 9 or 10 years old with short brown hair pinned back from her face, her pure green eyes made her face seem bright and friendly although she stood looking completely serious.
Jonas stepped towards her and glancing back at Janet and the others he asked. 'Isoka, how can Janet be pregnant?'
'I gave her what her heart desired most.' She said simply not changing how she stood or the expression on her face.
'What her heart desired most?' Sam asked. Isoka nodded.
'When she was here and ill, I looked into her heart, she loves her adopted daughter very much, but she does not fill the gap that was made by the loss of an unborn child.' Isoka explained. 'Her hearts desire was to have a child of her own blood, my gift made that possible.'
Gerd interrupted speaking to Isoka in Asgard so the others didn't understand what was said, this wasn't intentional, to Gerd speaking to Isoka in Asgard was natural. Isoka nodded and left the room.
'I have sent Isoka to retrieve SG-13 from the town, she will return with them shortly. If you will accompany me, I will show you to somewhere you can rest and talk. Doctor Frasier needs to rest.' Gerd offered.
'I want to stay with her.' Jonas told her
'Jonas.' Colonel O'Neil said shaking his head at him 'Let her rest.' Jonas nodded and followed them from the room.

Janet woke to find herself in a familiar room, this room she'd seen just over a year ago when she had been taken from the planet surface to Gerd's lab to help heal the ancients child, Isoka. Looking around the room she realised that again, it was a plain room, nothing in there except the same door, a bed, a table in the corner and a single chair, in this chair, sat Isoka.
'Back down here again, huh?' Janet said her throat dry and painful.
'Yep, only this time to heal you.' Isoka smiled. She had kept a professional manner in from of Gerd, but that was the only time she was required to do so, and Janet knew only too well this child with all her knowledge was still a child. Isoka got up and walked over to the other side of the room, pressed a few buttons on a wall panel and then climbed onto the bed with Janet.
'So what's wrong with me, nurse?' Janet asked giving Isoka a smile.
'Well, Ms. Frasier,' Isoka said, getting into the act, 'the wormhole matter you passed though caused your body to react in a way it should never have done and if you had know about the situation before proceeding though the gate you could have avoided the problem all together.' Isoka said playing professional again and giving the patient her diagnostic.
'Avoided what?' Janet asked.
'Janet, when you were here before, I repaired a part of your body, something you missed, so I could heal the pain you had here.' Isoka informed her placing her hand over the doctor's heart.
'What did you heal?'
'Something that was taken from you where you were 25, I think it was 25 that Major Carter said.' She finished. Janet's hand shot to her stomach, she now knew exactly what had happened. The only operation she had had when she was 25 was done so to save her from a failing body after a night of being beaten, something she didn't care to remember again.
'I'm pregnant?' Janet breathed shocked to her very being that it was possible, her heart was racing though the emotions, fear, happiness, love, panic and disbelief, she couldn't believe it.
While Janet was entranced with her new information, Jonas had stepped into the room holding a glass of water. Gerd was going to bring it, but when Jonas had asked where she was going with it, he offered to take it instead. He approached Janet slowly, but when he saw a tear run down her cheek he took a few quick steps to reach her side.
Isoka hopped off the bed, took the glass from Jonas and placed it on the table, and then left the room.
Janet's hands and eyes were still on her stomach, she was wondering if this could really be possible.
'Janet.' Jonas called to her causing her to lift her eyes to look at him. He saw pleading in her eyes, pleading in search for confirmation that this was the truth; that this was real and it was happening to her. 'It's real' Jonas whispered sliding his right hand down her arm to rest on the hand that still sat on her stomach.
Janet wanted to say something, but she couldn't find the words. It took her a while to get her thoughts together before she could finally talk. She didn't know how he would react to this baby and that scared her.
'Jonas,' she said trying to hide the fear in her voice and face 'I've wanted this more than anything, but I had gotten used to the idea that it was never going to be possible.' She had to pause to choke back a sob 'I don't think I can give this up.' She dropped her head not wanting to see his face for fear of his rejection. Jonas moved his hand from on top of hers and used it to lift her face back to face him; he bent forward and kissed her gently. Breaking this kiss he left his lips hovering near hers and whispered:
'I love you Janet, and I'll love our baby.' And kissed her again with more passion than either of them had felt in their relationship.

Janet lay on her left side on the bed almost as she had done on a previous occasion; Jonas lay behind her, his body stretched out across her back, his left hand creating a pillow under her head and his right resting on her stomach. Janet slid her right hand from her hip and glided it down onto his hand just before the door opened and Teal'c stepped in.
'My apologies Doctor Frasier, Colonel O'Neill wishes to speak with you and Jonas Quinn as soon as possible.' Teal'c informed her.
'We'll be there in a moment Teal'c.' He nodded and left the room.

'Gerd, you need to get out of here before the Goa'uld arrive, otherwise they have more of a chance of finding you and this lab.' Colonel O'Neill was in the midst of talking Gerd into packing up when Janet and Jonas stepped into the room. Janet was still uncomfortable, but she could move again at least.
'I will not leave this lab unless the Asgard demands it.' Gerd argued. 'If the Goa'uld arrive and your contacts are truthful I will be ready to leave quickly, but until that time I must carry on as I have always done.' Gerd ended the conversation and left the room leaving both SG-1 and SG-13 behind.
'You know, you two know her, you could have talked her into leaving.' Jack shot at Janet and Jonas.
'No... she's always like that.' Janet smiled her commanding officer.
'Great.' Jack commented standing up, but just as he did so, the ground shock and he was forced back into his seat. 'What the...'
'Earth Quake?' Sam questioned.
'Wouldn't that be a Vennon Quake?' Jonas said getting a few looks from members of both teams. Vennon was the name of planet; they had learned this from SG-13.
'We've been here a year, there have never been any... Vennon Quakes.' Captain Henson offered just before the door slid open and Isoka came running in, heading straight for Janet and wrapped her arms around her seeking protection.
'Isoka.' Janet said trying to pry the child from around her waist. 'Isoka, what's going on?' Isoka lifted her head looking at the doctor and said:
'The Goa'uld are here!'
'Oh geez!' Jack spat and, getting up, started giving out orders. 'Carter, Henson, get to Gerd help her... pack. Teal'c, Jonas, Marks, Peters and McCormick you're with me, Doc, stay put and look after Isoka, I'll send someone for you when we're ready to move. Let's go people.'

Janet sat against the wall of the room close to the door. The door was to her left, Isoka sat to her right; she was close to Janet and edged closer each time another hit made the room shake.
'I don't like this, when can we leave?' She asked.
'We need to wait for someone to come back for us, if we go before then we could get caught by the Goa'uld.' Janet advised pulling her yet closer, she was just as frightened as Isoka. She had never been on the receiving end of a Goa'uld attack. She had only ever come in contact with a few Goa'uld and they had all been on the familiar territory of the SGC base.
Her choice of position was a tactical choice, if someone came though the door, they would immediately think that the room was empty, only if they turned in their direction would they see otherwise.
Another blast hit to the planet and the room was shaken once more, almost instantly the door opened and someone stepped in.
'Janet?' Jonas called out, wondering where she could hide in here.
'Here!' she said causing Jonas to swing around 'I thought you would have learned the tactics by now Jonas.' She pointed out.
'It's time to go.' He said taking Janet's hand and helping her to her feet, Janet bringing Isoka up with her. They pulled closer together and left the room heading for the rendezvous point.
The trip to the meeting point was eventless. The occasional shake of the underground lab scared Isoka and occasionally she would be too afraid to carry on, but they managed to get there without running into unexpected problems.
However, once at the spot, they did have a few problems. Jack, Teal'c, Sam and SG-13 were nowhere in sight, instead there were five or six Jaffa, fully armoured and ready with staff weapons. They quickly disappeared behind some trees.
'Colonel?' Janet asked into her radio now afraid something had happened and trying desperately not to let it show on her face.
'Quiet Doc, give me a minute' Jack whispered back to her, she relaxed; he was at least safe and possibly hidden somewhere in the area. 'Frasier, what's your location and party?' Jacks voice made her jump, it had been a few minutes since he had told her to wait, and she hadn't expected his reply to be so blunt.
'In the area of the rendezvous location, party of three, Isoka, Jonas and myself. Sir, where are you?'
'In the same area watching the Jaffa, Carter and Gerd are with me, everyone else is scattered around, are you and Jonas armed?'
'Yes sir, both armed.' She replied and waited for orders.
'Ok everybody listen ups, here's what we're gonna do. Marks, Peters, Jonas, Teal'c and I will attack these Jaffa. Carter, Frasier, Henson and McCormick I want you, Gerd and Isoka to head to the gate. Stay separated and stay low, the closer you get the more chance you have of being seen so keep your eyes open. Coms open and let's make this fast. On three!' Colonel O'Neill instructed them and when he finished everyone mentally counted to three and everything happened at once.
Janet grabbed Isoka by the shoulder and, forcing her to stay low; she pushed her ahead of her in the direction of the gate. As she moved she glanced to her left and spotted Henson and McCormick running almost along side them. Movement ahead made her stop, but she didn't stop quickly enough before someone grabbed her by the mouth and pulled her to the ground.
'Janet!' Sam gasped letting her friend go quickly and helping her into their hiding place, Janet had let go of Isoka and now looked around for her, but couldn't see her.
'Thanks Sam, I needed a heart attack, you made me let go of Isoka.' Janet said looking out of the hiding place to see if Isoka was in sight.
'Sorry.' Sam smiled then poked her head out as well looking in the opposite direction to her friend.
'Isoka cannot be caught by the Goa'uld, it is extremely important that she remain with us.' Gerd offered from behind them.
'Stay here, we'll find her' Sam said pulling Janet from the hole and giving her back the weapon she'd managed to knock from her hands when she grabbed her. Just outside the hole they looked around.
'Sam, we should carry onto the gate. If Isoka thinks I've been caught by the Goa'uld she might keep going and let the others know.'
'Good point.' Sam said and put her head back into to get Gerd to follow and they started off.
As they approached the gate Janet took a quick look to her left, remembering that earlier she had seen some members of SG-13 over in that direction, on first glance she didn't see anything, but something caught her eye and she looked again.
On the other side of the forest she could see Jack, Teal'c, Jonas, Henson, Marks, Peters, McCormick and Isoka gathered together, by the looks on some of their faces, Isoka had told them what happened. Janet grabbed Sam and silently signalled her to look in that direction, Sam automatically grabbed her radio.
'Colonel, on your three.' she whispered and then watched as Jack turned his head in their direction.
'Carter, you seen the Doc?'
'Yes sir, she's with us.'
'Good, stay where you are, we're flanking, half on each side. Have you seen how many Jaffa are at the gate?'
'No sir, we just got here and the gate isn't in our view.'
'Approximately fifteen Jaffa guards protect the Gate, Major Carter' Teal'c offered.
'Oh, Easy!' Sam said sarcastically causing Janet to laugh silently.
'Carter, Peters and Jonas are coming around to your side, we're gonna attack at the same time. Take out as many as you can and try not to get hit, we've already lost Marks.' Jack ordered thought the radio and watched for Jonas and Peters to reach the other side. 'On three. One, two,' everyone prepared for the fight, 'three....'
Janet, Sam, Jonas and Peters made a quick beeline for the gate, they could see out the corner of their eye that Jack, Teal'c, Henson and McCormick where doing exactly the same. The closer they got, the more they split up. Janet took herself in one direction and planted herself on the top of a mound where she had a clear view of three of the Jaffa. Checking her gun, she readied for the order to fire.
Moments passed with no sound, a small movement behind her made her swing around aiming her gun in the direction of the noise only to see Gerd waiting at the bottom of the mound. She laughed at herself and turned back to the gate, she had counted fourteen Jaffa when she had arrived there, now she only saw ten.
'Give a ten count and fire at will!' Jack ordered and Janet mentally started to count. She had reached seven when something shot past her left ear, a staff weapon blast. Turning quickly Janet located her attacker and unloaded a round in their direction; she took out two of them and took off running hoping Gerd had done the same.
Jumping fallen branches and ducking under low ones Janet made a quick move around the side of the valley. Along the way she reloaded her gun and, ducking behind a tree and poking out from the other side, she unloaded her last round in the direction of the following Jaffa. One more down, Janet carried on. Now as she moved she could hear the gunshots and staff blasts going on all around her. The fight in the middle was underway and she hoped on her way around she's spot someone who could kill the last Jaffa on her tail. Making one last jump over a low branch Janet spotted Teal'c on the top of the valley and called out to him, Teal'c spun quickly and seeing the Jaffa advance on Janet, aimed and fired.
Janet froze; the staff blast had shot just past the side of her face and killed the Jaffa only a few meters away from her location. Shock flew from the top of her body to the bottom and she sank to her knees as Teal'c reached her side and caught her. She passed out.

'Janet, Janet?' Sam was shaking her friend vigorously in a desperate attempt to wake her. They had only a few minutes before more Jaffa would be at the gate, and they needed Janet awake before they could go though the gate. Gerd stood beside them her hand open to reveal a pill she had told them to give Janet before they stepped into the gate. The problem was that she needed to be awake to take it. 'Janet!' Sam shouted once more, before Janet shot upright on the spot.
'Oh my god' Janet breathed.
'You ok? Teal'c brought you down here, told us you were being chased.'
'Yeah.' She breathed out 'Teal'c, thank you, but could you give me a chance to put some distance between me and the Jaffa next time?' Teal'c nodded.
'Here.' Sam said quickly taking the pill from Gerd and handing it to her while Jack started to dial home. 'You need to take this before we go though the gate, it will protect the baby.' Janet accepted the tablet and swallowed it quickly before getting to her feet, they approached the gate but just as they reached the steps another staff blast flew in their direction.
Turning around the group saw an army of Jaffa heading in their direction.
'GO!' Jack shouted as loud as he could and pushed Janet and Isoka up the stair and into the gate.
'Janet flew out the other end of the gate and struggled to keep her balance, she was half way down the ramp when she got her footing and stood up straight turning in time to see Gerd and Isoka fly though behind her, hearing the guns arm up and ready to fire behind her she called out.
'DON'T SHOOT, THEY'RE WITH US!!!' She called, holding her hands up at the airman.
'Airmen, stand down.' General Hammond's voice ordered over the intercom. Janet quickly closed the distance between her and Isoka and pulled the child to her feet and off the ramp with Gerd close behind her. She led them to the back of the room, safely behind the airmen who were still watching the gate ready for anything unexpected.
Sam, Jonas, Henson and Peters came though the gate almost at the same time backing into the gate room unloading their guns into the gate. Once in the SGC, they stopped firing and left the ramp giving the remaining three plenty of room.
Teal'c was next to step though the gate. He was hit and obviously ordered to leave by the Colonel and get medical attention. Janet was up the ramp when Jack came though the gate screaming for them to shut the Iris. Almost on instinct he grabbed hold Janet and pushed her to the ground just as a explosive blast came thought the wormhole before the Iris had completely closed. The gate shut down and all was silent.
General Hammond stepped into the Gate Room and looked around.
'Colonel, what the hell happened?' he asked.
'A lot sir.' Jack answered annoying the General with his short reply. He ignored it and pulled Janet to her feet. 'Get yourself to the infirmary and get checked out.'
Janet turned to look at him, she was going to protest but seeing the concern in his eyes she nodded and turned to leave.
'Colonel.' General Hammond asked seeing the doctor leave the room following his orders but without a cut or shot wound on her and then seeing Jonas follow her out the room only made him more curious.

Janet stepped into the Infirmary and quickly looked around for Doctor Warner who, by this time, should be ready to accept the injured people who had appeared though the gate. She spotted him on the far side and approached.
'Doctor Warner, I need to have my post-mission medical done immediately.' she informed him.
'Rachel could you...' he was about to order a nurse to do it but was cut short by Janet.
'No, you have to do it. What Rachel would find will only end up in your lap with you taking over anyway.' She said smiling at Rachel who she knew would not enjoy poking her Chief Medical Officer with a needle.
'Very well.' He said and led her to a bed to begin. During the medical tests, Janet watched Colonel Jack O'Neill, Major Samantha Carter, Teal'c, Jonas and SG-13 come and go. She knew, after watching the last of them leave, that Doctor Warner was confused with the results and expected General Hammond to walk though the door any minute. She relaxed back on the bed.
'Doctor Warner!' General Hammond's voice shot past her ears as if on queue. Doctor Warner stepped up to one side of Janet with the General on the other side and began to explain.
'Sir, I'm confused with Janet's medical assessment, she's perfectly fine except that she's pregnant.' He said watching the Generals expression.
'Why is that confusing Doctor?'
'This is why sir.' He said handing the General a newspaper cutting attached to a report by a General Hearty that he had found in Janet's record.
'Doctor Janet Frasier, Air Force Medical Director, was forced to under go hysterectomy after being beaten by her husband and losing a 5 month old fetes. The operation was suggested but refused by the 25 year old doctor as she demanded that another procedure could leave her with the ability to have children later. After careful consideration General Hearty was forced to order the doctor though the procedure in order to save her life.' General Hammond re-read the article before he continued. 'How can she be pregnant if she had a hysterectomy?' He asked joining Doctor Warner in confusion.
'I did it.' Again, Isoka had appeared in the room without anyone knowing. Behind her Jack stood attempting to look as if he hadn't been the one to bring her there.
'You did what?' General Hammond asked the child.
'I gave her back what she was missing, so she could have the child she lost.' Isoka thought this was a good gift, she hadn't thought that Janet's life was under rules and regulations and she wasn't prepared for what General Hammond did next.
'Doctor Frasier, you are relived of duty until further notice. You are to remain on base and you are to be accompanied by an airman at all times. Is that understood?'
'Yes sir.' Janet answered before getting up and leaving the room followed by General Hammond's ordered airman. Isoka stood shocked then turned to Jack.
'Why did he do that? It's just a baby.' Isoka asked. Jack looked down at her, she looked as though she wanted to cry, she was sure that gift would be well received.
'Yeah General, why did you do that? It's just a baby.' Jack asked.
'Colonel, we have an alien child doing something that isn't possible. Until I'm sure there is no danger, the Doctor has her orders. Not only that, I now have to decide if she can remain here while she is pregnant. This is the front line; one illness through that gate could cause the Doctor to have a second hysterectomy, only ten years after the first.' General Hammond took a few steps towards the door. 'I have to report this incident to General Ryan and the President.' He said before leaving.
Isoka stood only for a few minutes watching him go before she took off in the direction Janet had gone, Jack followed.

Janet had left the infirmary and made her way to her sleep-in quarters on level 20. The Airman who followed her looked like she would rather disobey the orders and get kicked out of the air force than follow the doctor who was now unjustly forced to stand down from her work.
Janet sat in her room, nothing to do, no one to talk to, nowhere she could really go. She just had to wait. Either she'd been forced to choose between the child and her job or she'd be given another order to follow, either way, she didn't like it.
She didn't know how long she had been there, but she almost jumped out of her skin when the door opened and Isoka and Jack poked their heads around the corner.
'We knocked, but you didn't answer. Can we come in?' Jack asked. Watching Janet nod he stepped inside behind Isoka who had cried the whole way up to level 20. Isoka was now afraid she would not be greeted as she once had been.
'Issy, you've been crying.' Janet stated and held out her hand to the child. 'Come here.' Isoka stepped back into Jack who gave her a nudge in Janet's direction. Janet saw this and lowered her hand, looking up at Jack, she realised from the look on his face why she was so afraid now. 'Issy, it's not your fault. I knew what would happen, and I know what can happen now, you didn't know and I don't blame you. Come here.' she said raising her hand once again. Isoka took a careful step forward and Janet took hold of her and pulled her close. 'It's just a waiting game now, see what happens next. I can always appeal my orders.' Janet told her.
'Yeah, and so can I. Sam, Jonas and Teal'c and anyone else on the base who wants to.' Jack helped. 'Even you and Gerd would have the right to speak your mind if you're still here at the time.' Jack added taking a seat on the bed next to them. 'We just need to wait and see what happens first.'

General Hammond hung up his red phone for the last time; he had his orders on how to deal with Doctor Frasier. Now all he had to do was tell her. He quickly made his way up to level 20 and approached the door of Janet's room.
'You can go Airman.' He told the woman standing guard outside.
Stepping up to the door he listened to the voices coming from inside and mentally counted them, Colonel O'Neill, Major Carter, Jonas Quinn, Teal'c, Isoka, Gerd, Captain Henson and obviously Janet, 7 people where about to listen to the choice he gave the doctor, the choice he had been ordered to give her. Taking a deep breath he knocked and on hearing the doctor's voice he stepped inside and the room fell silent.
Another deep breath and he began.
'Doctor Frasier, on order from both General Ryan and the President I am giving you the following choices on how you can proceed.' Looking around the room, he was wondering if any of them would leave on request, but he decided it was best that they stay. Looking back at Janet and Jonas, who was right next to her, he continued. 'One; you give up the child and continue where you are. Two; You keep the child and transfer to a different less dangerous base. Or three; you sign an acceptance form, keep your child and remain with us, with the knowledge that any harm that comes to you was done so at your own risk.' He stopped just for a moment then made his final move. 'Doctor, you are the best medical officer this military has to offer, and I am honoured that you were assigned to his base, we have benefited from your knowledge and care and it would be a shame to lose you, but what ever choice you take, I will stand by you. I'll leave you to make you choice.' He said before leaving the room.
Everyone was silent, they expected that the choice would not involve the third option, nor did they expect the Generals closing statement. After a few minutes when it had finally sunk in Jack made the first move.
'Isoka, have you ever tried chocolate?' he said.
'What's chocolate?' She asked walking over to Jack. Jack stood up and taking her hand he said to her:
'Why don't we go find out.' and they left the room.
'Gerd, do you think you could show me how that power source of yours works?' Sam said taking the Colonel's lead and hoping the others would follow.
'Yeah, I'd like to take a look at that too; it's been driving me crazy since I got there.' Captain Henson piped in.
'It would be my pleasure' Gerd said and the three left the room. Teal'c, Jonas and Janet were the only ones left now. Teal'c stood and stepped up to the door, but before he left he turned to the couple and said.
'Doctor Frasier; General Hammond is correct when he said you are the best. You have made great progress on the drug to rid the Jaffa of the Goa'uld symbiot and it would be a great shame if your work was passed onto someone else to be completed. I believe you will find the cure that my people need, but I will honour your choice as much as the others.' He smiled, bowed his head in respect and left the room.
'Wow.' was all Janet could manage after all that had just gone on. Not expecting the offered choices or the General's praise; she had never in her wildest dreams expected a comment like she had just received from Teal'c. Turning to Jonas, already aware of what she wanted to do she asked him. 'What do you think I should do?'
'I think, like the others, that it's your choice and that I will respect what you want to do.' He smiled. 'But if you really want to know, I think you should sign the acceptance form and stay here. I have the sexiest doctor alive and I don't want to see her get transferred. And I want to see you and my growing baby.' He added placing his hand back on her stomach.
Janet smiled and ignoring the hand he had place on her stomach she pulled him into a hug before saying 'Then here I stay.'

FIVE MONTHS LATER
Janet lay on her back half awake in bed, this was her first day off in a while and she would give anything to be able to stay right where she was, because at that moment in time her pillow was once again Jonas Quinn. She still couldn't forget that first kiss, they had been trapped for 14 days on a strange planet and instead of letting everything return to how it had been before, Jonas had shown up at her house in the middle of the night and just kissed her.
Now, almost one and a half years later, she still couldn't believe that the chicken pox had brought them together.
Laying there she was lost in though of the day she could have right there, paradise, but she was torn from that dream when Cassandra knocked on the door and popped her head in.
'Mum' she said not wanting to wake her as she had done only five months before.
'Yeah, Cassie?'
'Can I get some money to get a cab to school? This bag is a little heavy.'
Janet moaned and pushing up from the bed. She climbed out and pulled on her robe before following Cassandra out the door and down the stairs. Janet found her purse and gave Cassie the right amount for the trip and some extra for spending before again sighing.
'What now?' Cassie asked watching her adopted mother carefully smoothing out the night dress that covered her expanded stomach.
'Peace and quiet for a two whole weeks, what will I do?' Janet joked.
'Hmmm, what ever you do, don't lose my brother.' Cassie said raising her eye brows and smiling.
Janet smiled back 'Get going before you're late' Cassie took the hint, quickly kissing her mum and whispering goodbye to her unborn brother or sister she left.
Janet made her way back up to bed, stepping into the room she was greeted with an empty bed. She sat on the edge, the day once again destroyed by the school trip, but she knew it was worth it.
Jonas stepped out of the bathroom and climbed onto the bed and kissed her neck, once again going for the spot that would make her moan, that spot also made her smile and that was what he wanted.
'So' he started 'what shall we do now? Get dressed and find something interesting to do? Or just go back to bed and stay there for the whole week.'
Janet laughed then turned to face him she reached up and kissed him before pushing him back onto the bed and laying down on her side beside him, she wanted to go back to her own personal paradise.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Heimedall