Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Stable

by Anneka OCarter
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Stable

Stable

by Anneka OCarter

Summary: It's just him.
Category: Drabble
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 07/16/03

Stable

Author Notes: Just a little shameless drabble. Don't read if you're allergic to fluff...this'll probably kill you.

Hope you like...and keep that feedback coming!

*

His arm snaked round her waist, pulling her closer to him and she was sure that her insides warmed up as she felt their contact further.

Even after a year, she still felt the electricity pass between them as they touched.

Magical.

"Morning sleepyhead." He whispered in her ear roughly and she wondered how he knew that she was awake.

Maybe it was just that sixth sense that they'd developed about each other.

"Morning." She replied and rotated in his embrace to face him. She couldn't help but feel like the luckiest woman in the world when she woke up in the same bed as him.

He was just devastatingly sexy...whether it be first thing in the morning or last thing at night...or at any random time during the day.

"Not feeling bad?" The concern is evident in his eyes and she's touched by the little gestures.

The little gestures that, two years ago, she never thought she'd get. The way he carries her bags, holds open the doors.

Cute.

Not that she'd tell him that.

"I'm feeling OK." She affirms with a smile that she knows he loves. "Although I think after I eat I'm going to feel a lot worse."

His hand is gently rubbing her slightly swollen, four months pregnant, stomach and she watches his face as he genuinely smiles.

Another chance, he said when he told her about the baby. With the woman that I love.

She was just stunned when she found out.

A good stunned.

A baby...with him.

Eight years ago, she would have laughed at somebody saying that.

Now it was reality.

"You're going to be a great mom." He says almost out of the blue and she blushes.

Still not used to the endless compliments.

"You think?" She rests her hand underneath her head and shamelessly watches him roll out of bed and fish his clothes from the floor.

She smiled to herself as she remembered how they got there the night before.

"Yeah. You're great at everything remember?" He said grinning at her before sitting on the edge of the bed, pulling on his boxers.

"Mmm." She mused. " I hope so. It's kinda nerve racking when you think about it."

He turned round to look at his beautiful girlfriend.

The military soldier who protected her friends and workmates.

The intelligent and astute scientist.

The funny and caring friend.

The loving and protective soon-to-be mother

"You're going to be the best." He said firmly. "And I'll be by your side, every step of the way. Never forget that."

She was touched by the simple words, but the complex meaning. And she leant over to him, and brushed his lips on hers.

This wasn't a simple relationship by any means.

Best friends for years.

And now lovers and expectant parents.

But she knew whatever happened, he'd be there with her.

Stable.

Caring.

Jack.

*

Told ya it was fluff.

Email with any feedback on this story or any of the others.

Check out Revelations and Shopping Trips, and the sequel Discoveries and Announcements!

My favourite so far of all that I've written!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Anneka OCarter