Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Morning Glory

by Anneka OCarter
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Morning Glory

Morning Glory

by Anneka OCarter

Summary: Fluffity fluff!
Category: Drabble
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 07/16/03

Morning Glory

Author Notes: Fluff, fluff, shameless goddamn fluff!

*

Mmm. Mornings.

Nice when you get up so late that it's actually afternoon.

Or when you sleep through nearly a whole day.

They're great when you decide to spend the whole day in bed; reading, eating and watching TV.

Not so great when you have a four year old son who needs sustenance for the day.

"But Mom, I hate Fruit Loops." He complained in the voice that was so like his mother's it was scary.

But his mom wasn't listening. She was busily attending to three year old Mabel who decided not to be a good girl that day.

"Well...y'know. Have something else." She suggested, shrugging her shoulders, trying to grab everything Mabel needed for nursery with the little girl resting on her hip.

Currently Mabel was trying to pull out her earrings.

"There's nothing else." He frowned and she wondered whether he was going to stop his feet.

Dylan didn't often get tempers...but when he did, they were memorable.

And not in a good way.

"Daddy ate everything else." He continued and she sighed with exasperation. Putting Mabel down on the sofa and quickly removing her earrings, she took Dylan in her hand and walked to the bottom of the stairs.

"Jack! Why did you eat EVERYTHING in sight yesterday?" She hollered up the stairs and he made an appearance, complete with unruly hair and a confused expression.

"What are you talking about?" He trundled down the stairs, rubbing his eyes.

"It's 8:30 and I have to get to school, take Dylan to kindergarten and Mabel to nursery and you decide to eat every single piece of edible food in this house. Dylan needs to eat and so do I and Mabel isn't looking....." OK, she was starting to ramble and that was never a good thing.

"Aaah! Sam! My head hurts enough from yesterday already." He shook his head and picked Mabel up and give a her an enormous kiss.

"Yeah, how did that happen exactly?" She sat Dylan on the sofa and tied his shoelaces for him whilst his eyes were firmly watching SpongeBob SquarePants. "I manage to have a night with my friends and not get impossibly drunk, yet you do."

"I wasn't drunk." He insisted, putting two slices of bread in the toaster and sitting a now happy Mabel next to the sink and she was fiddling with something or other. "Just tired."

"Right? So, if I smelt your breath, you wouldn't smell like O'Malley's on a busy night?" She questioned and lifted Dylan on the sofa and edged him towards his toy box at the perimeter of the room.

"Nah. More like O'Malley's on a quiet night."

She just groaned and walked over to the open plan kitchen and put her arms round his waist. "Y'know I wonder why I love you sometimes."

"There's a mystery." He smiled and before they could get any hotter, Mabel proceeded to cry because she got something in her eye.

"You sort her out before nursery OK? I need to get the papers for my ninth grade class." Sam ran upstairs and then before he realised she'd gone, she was back down again.

"I think we're all done." She stood at the door with Mabel fiddling with her hair, cradled in her mother's arms and Dylan holding his bag patiently and Sam loaded down with one daughter and a briefcase full of Physics essays. "See ya when we get back."

He nodded and kissed her goodbye. He watched as she loaded up the antique turquoise convertible car with children and school work. Trying to belt Mabel up in the car seat was not fun but she eventually managed.

She waved goodbye and blew him some kisses as she drove down the road.

Jack smiled to himself as he thought of his perfect family life.

Mornings were a good time.

Sam seemed to be the one with the pressure.

As much as he loved her, he let her deal with it.

She was good at that sort of thing.

He was planning to laze about all morni....

Hey

What's that?

The piece of notepaper was stuck to the fridge door in a haunting way...almost laughing at him.

Dear Jack

Here's a list of things for you to do today.

Don't get too tired (!)

I love you baby

Sam

xxx

The list went on for a lo-ong way.

So shouldn't have had that last drink.

I like writing nothingy stories, OK? I just like it...dear god, why do stories have to have plots?

Email me back about this or any other of my stories...if you have time, read Revelations and Shopping Trips and the sequel Discoveries and Announcements.

Thanks!

P.S. I was right about the drabble, huh?

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Anneka OCarter