Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Haven

by Anneka OCarter
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Haven

Haven

by Anneka OCarter

Summary: She has to let go.she just has to
Category: Angst, Future Story, Other
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam, none
Rating: G
Warnings: character death, none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 07/04/03

"I'm sorry to hear about your parents." "Thankyou."
"Why did you come here?"
"Should I go?"
"No. But your appointment is for Friday." "I couldn't wait."
"I know. I thought that. Do you want to tell me about them?" "Yes."
"Tell me. Tell me everything about them." "I...I..I loved them. I loved them so much and they were taken from me. Taken from each other. They spent so long trying to find each other..." "But they had you. You are a mature woman." "Yes, but they should have had longer...they deserved that." "I agree. But you can't have everything your way." "I know that. I just...my brother. He's only 19. That's no age to lose your parents." "It isn't. Tell me about your family."
"Well there's me. And my older sister Kim. And my younger brother Dylan." "Do you like having siblings?"
"Yes. I feel like I can cope with this." "Good. Tell me more."
"They got married 26 years ago."
"26 years is a long time."
"The rest of their lives would have been better." " Yes. But nature prevailed."
"A car smashed into my mother...how is that nature?" "It is not---"
"Do you believe it is a coincidence that my father died of cancer just a day after my mother died in a car crash? This cancer that hadn't been detected until his post mortem."
"I don't know. Do you?"
"I don't think my father died of cancer. I think he died of a broken heart." "You do?"
"Yes. He spent my whole childhood telling us how much he loved mom. That it was so important to find someone you truly loved. He said he found our mother later than most but it was more important that he actually found her, spent the rest of his life by her side."
"That's true."
"Yes. But how can I believe? Believe in a love when my parents who adored each other are taken away from me? I'm only 25, I can't deal with this. I've lost too many people I care about."
"Loss is a part of life. Surely your parents taught you that too." "They did. My father lost his son from his first marriage. Charlie. He took us to Charlie's grave every year; it's funny, he died long before I was born, yet I feel like he is one of my closest friends."
"So your father taught that everything has to die. Including your parents." "Yes."
"This is depressing you."
"Yes."
"Talk about how they found each other." "Dad was sent on a suicide mission. He sent a message to his team; my Uncle Daniel, Uncle Murray and mom. He told Danny that he respected him, Murray that he trusted him with his life and told mom that he loved her." "That sounds sad."
"It was. But he came back. And well, they made me I suppose." "That's a nicer ending."
"Yeah. I think so."
"Your parents are still watching you, you know that don't you?" "What do you mean? I thought you were a woman of science?" "I am, but there's no harm in believing that souls are looking after us, is there?" "I suppose. Do you really think that?"
"Yes. I have lost too, make no mistake. But I prefer to think of them as my guardian angels."
"Nice way of looking at things. So they are still together?" "I believe they are. Somewhere in the universe, your parents are watching you, guiding you subconsciously and loving you as much as they did when they were alive."
"I hope so. Do you want me to...?"
"Say goodbye. Yes. I do. But do you want to do it now?" "Can I?"
"Of course."
"Thankyou....Colonel Samantha O'Neill and General Jack O'Neill. Mom and Dad. I love you both, wherever you are. Kim and Dylan miss you. So do I. Be happy and I hope you're with each other, and one day I'll be with you too." "Well done."
"Thank you Dr Mackenzie."

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Anneka OCarter