Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Dear You

by Anneka OCarter
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Dear You

Dear You

by Anneka OCarter

Summary: They're in love.and he's willing to risk it.
Category: Angst, Drama, Future Story
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam, none
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 07/04/03

Dear Sam

This is going to be difficult because I'm not really sure what to write. As you know, I'm not exactly the hearts and flowers kind of guy. I'm sitting here, in our bedroom wondering whether I can think of the words to express what I want to say.
But I don't ever think they'll be enough words in the dictionary that can describe what I feel about you.
Whether I'm lying next to you, listening to your heart beat, or whether I'm watching you live your life from whatever after-life I might have, I'll always love you. I meant what I said when I stood on your doorstep that night. Eternal love and loyalty whatever happens. I hope that your tears won't be of unhappiness, but of love and remembering what we had. What we'll always have, whether I'm there or not. And you're always going to have a piece of me. Emily is an amazing kid Sam. And she's ours. Our little girl. And I want you to tell her about me, about us. About how we saved the world side by side, never flinching at the thought of death, knowing that it was for the greater good. I want you to tell her how much I adored her, how I would have taught her baseball and how I would have been the over-protective father, beating off all the boys with a stick from the front door.
I want you to tell our daughter that her dad's always going to be there for her, in one or another.
Just like her grandmother, and her little half-brother, huh? I'll never regret the time that we had, only that we didn't have more; that we spent years loving each other from afar and just obeying the rules, not knowing what we could have. But these past three years have been the happiest, most fulfilled of my life and I want you to know that you and Emily are everything to me. My day and my night. Never forget that, you hear me? So I suppose I should sign off now.
I love you
And I always will, wherever I am.
Jack

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Dear Jack
That letter that you wrote to me that day; the day you believed you were going to die. That made me love you more...if it was possible. You were willing to give up your life to save the world, and in that moment, I saw that selfless acts were possible. I love you too Jack, and I don't think you'll ever forget that. When you wrote that letter, we had Emily Sha're...our little girl and you were willing to give your life to make sure that she was safe. We're older and wiser (maybe that's just me) now and we have a few more kids to add to Emily. She's beautiful isn't she? A Yale law student...the best in her class. She's going to be a great lawyer, and a great mom too.
And then there's Dylan and Georgia They're still only young, but I know that they'll be great at whatever they do; they're our kids and they'll make us both proud. I don't know why I'm writing this letter; you never died, but I suppose I just want you to know that I love you so much too.
You're sitting next to me in our bed at the moment, watching the hockey match, Dylan in between us, both of you munching on popcorn and abusing the hockey players with that language that I'm sure he doesn't get from me. I just wanted to tell you how much I love you...you and the kids are my day and my night. My sun; everything revolves around you, never forget that. I love you all
Sam

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Anneka OCarter