Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Parting Ways

by Anneka OCarter
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Parting Ways

Parting Ways

by Anneka OCarter

Summary: She's leaving, and he can't say a word
Category: Angst
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 09/09/03

Title: Parting Ways

Author: Anneka O'Carter

Summary: She's leaving and he can't say a word

Author Notes: Feedback people! PS Both the lyrics and the song title seem rather apt, dontcha think?

*

Nobody said it was easy
It's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard

"The Scientist" by Coldplay

*

She stood watching the planes touch down, her eyes stinging with unshed tears. Tears for herself, for her friends, and for everything that she was leaving behind. And for him

Washington wasn't so bad, but it was nothing when he wasn't with her. But she couldn't refuse her transfer, as much as everyone protested that she was the most valuable person on base bar General Hammond. She just smiled bravely and booked her ticket.

But now, thoughts of a new life crossed her mind. Maybe she'd meet someone else, and fall madly in love like she did with him. Maybe she'd want to spend hours avidly listening to a new man talking about sport like she did with him.

But as she saw him walk with her friends into the Departure lounge, she knew she'd never find anyone like him again. And today was the day when a normal, emotionally stable woman could make a move on Jack O'Neill and he could finally forget Samantha Carter, Ph.D.

She walked up to greet them and she could see that they were on the verge of crying like her. She looked at him and he stood with a neutral expression, just rolling on the balls of his feet. Ignoring him, she brought her friends into an emotional embrace and she promised she'd call.

"It was a pleasure serving with you Sir." She said to Jack lastly and he managed to raise a smile slightly.

"You too Carter...I hope you have a nice time in D.C." And she knew that that was as much he could bring himself to say to her. She nodded and with a final goodbye, she walked off into the distance.

After a few seconds she heard a voice call her name and her chest heaved slightly, recognising his gravelly tone. Suppressing the need to cry uncontrollably, she turned round to face him.

"Stay." He said simply, his eyes conveying passion that his words could not.

Her lips quivered with the sentiment but she had to ask. "Why?" And that was the one question that he couldn't answer her as she stood in front of him; vulnerable and wanting to hear something of meaning leave his mouth.

He looked down at his feet and she knew that she had to walk away. This was the final nail in the coffin of their relationship. Turning on the balls of her feet, she took a step until his voice shook her back to reality.

"Because I love you." The words exhale heavily and she stopped. "And I won't be able to bear the pain of you leaving me."

Slowly turning round to face him, with all the confidence she could muster she sauntered to him. "I love you too." She said tenderly, tracing his jaw line with her hand. She brought her lips to his gently, their lips brushing oh-so sensitively. They pulled apart panting from the shared passion and the shared love they'd just expressed.

"Where do we go from here?" He asked, and she swallowed heavily.

"Forward. Together." She affirmed and she smiled when she saw him grin.

Yep, they were together. Nothing could tear them apart.

*

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Anneka OCarter