Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Operation Zero Tolerance

by Angelheart
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Operation Zero Tolerance

Operation Zero Tolerance
by

Angelheart

Title: Operation Zero Tolerance
Author: Angelheart
Email: angelheartsgc@hotmail.com
Category: Forensic Science, Romance
Pairing: Daniel/Sam, Jack/other
Spoilers: Shades of Grey, Tok'ra few more from seasons 1 and 2
Season: 3
This story is a sequel to: Embrace the Future
Series: Benton Trilogy
Rating: PG-13
Content Warnings: minor character death, Depicts scenes of and related to forensic medicine.
Status: Completed
Summary: Colonel Makepeace turns out to be a good guy with the help of our new character, however he is now accused of murder by the Tok'ra. Will Jack and his new 2IC be able to save him this time?
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of ShowTime/Viacom,
MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gecko Productions. I have written this story for
entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright
Infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the
Property of the author. This is a work of fiction. The events described here are imaginary: the settings and original characters are fictitious and not intended to represent specific places or living persons. Not to be archived without permission of the author.
Author's notes: This is my second fanfic and also the second in the 'Benton' Trilogy Thank you to those who sent me feed back.(You all know who you are) You don't know how much that means. I'm sorry I took so long to actually post it. I was really busy with school and I found so many mistakes, I took ages fixing them. This is especially dedicated to Jenny G. A friend from school. She's been a real sport and she's taken time to read my previous fanfic and give me encouragement. Thank you Jennifer, lotza hugs! You're the best, I'm telling you! I'll try and finish this trilogy soon. Sometime in November or even early December.

"What have you done? The voice of your brother's blood cries out to me from the ground. So now you are cursed from the earth, which has opened its mouth to receive your brothers blood from your hand. Genesis 4:10 "

Sunday 28th September 2001
0410 hours
Colorado Springs
Benton Residence

Jack had left the usual message on her machine.

"Hey Benton, it's 4 in the morning! Where the hell are you? I know you're there, if you don't pick up I'm going to come searching for you. Oh and by the way your pager and cell phones are switched off too. Not wise. What were you going to do if it was General Hammond who needed you and not little ole me? You know that in my special forces training, search and destroy is my personal favourite. I'll see you on base. I'm getting worried about you by the way. You're pulling this kinda thing off, way too often. You better have a good explanation for this disappearing act you do!"

A slightly annoyed yet playful voice was recorded on her answering machine and Major Christine Benton sighed.

'Another secret that he doesn't know about.' She thought to herself

For the past three months Chris had spent a lot of her free time with her commanding officer Jack O'Neill. Of course excluding the nights where she pretended to be a different person altogether and not return till 5 or 6 at dawn. She had got caught far too often and deep inside Chris knew that Jack O'Neill would have to be told about it sooner of later.

Jack on the other hand, had developed a great deal of trust and appreciation for her after the whole incident about Chris getting shot on P8X something or rather. He felt that he had to make up for the time lost. The more he learned about her more appreciative he got and more dependant as well. They bonded even more quickly than they had expected. It turned out that they liked the same sort of music, films, books and even sports. Everyday whenever he had the chance would work out with his extremely fit and agile 2IC, one of the few people who could beat the crap out of him in kickboxing. And in the weekends whenever they could find time they chilled with bottles of beer and a hockey game.

Monday 29th September
1638 hours
Stargate Command
Internal Staff Training Area

"You know one of these days I'm gonna be the one on top."

Jack was breathing heavily, with his Major on top of him, exasperated by the fact that he had yet again lost in the whole 20 minute, non stop, sweaty session they had together in the gym. He knew that he could never beat her considering she had level 4 advanced hand to hand combat, something that even Carter found difficult to handle but more Chris had a lot of experience. He discovered that she was involved in a lot of mission in the past, the legendary ones. He even noticed that she had been a squadron leader in the Delta Force. Secretly of course as Special Forces didn't allow women. Chris had always been a cut above the rest.

"Well, today is not that day sir, and to be perfectly honest I don't think that particular day is gonna come anytime soon."

She grinned as she got off him, beads of sweat glistening on her brow. She had come to enjoy the Colonel's company a lot and now she couldn't imagine spending a day without him.

"Here, I'll teach you a lesson."

Jack jumped at his unprepared Major and tickled her mercilessly.

"Colonel stop! God!"

She was giggling on the floor and Jack was having a good laugh too.

"So are you gonna take it back? Are you gonna grovel for my mercy?"

"No, what for?"

She questioned and Jack was much too happy to continue his torture.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. Stop!"

She had tears in her eyes, from the tickling but at least she got a good laugh. She looked up at him and thought just for a second, of how lucky she was to have found such a friend. Chris was so happy to be a part of the SGC but more she was grateful that she had found someone she could trust, with her life.

"Colonel O'Neill and Major Benton, report to the General Hammond's office ASAP."

The PA sounded and they were both awakening from their reverie. It was time to face the world

"Well let's get going."

Jack lent a hand to help her up and they separated into the locker area.

Monday 29th September
1659 hours
Stargate Command
Sublevel 28

The two SGC officers strolled side by side, commanding respect from all round until they entered the private office of the General.

"Sir, what is it that you wanted to see us about?"

Jack asked quietly as he closed the door behind him and sat in his usual seat, only to notice that there was nobody else besides them.

"Before I tell you all this and all hell breaks loose I have to remind you that whatever is said in this room will remain in the strictest confidence."

General Hammond's expression was grim and Jack felt uneasy.

"Sir, we're Airforce officers, discrepancy is our middle name."

Chris quickly answered, she was already getting tired of the whole tension thing and wanted to get over with the formalities, which the military so loved.

" Approximately 30 minutes ago we received word from the Tok'ra, it was to do with SG-3's mission. Something went wrong, badly wrong."

" SG-3 Sir? Is it something to do with Makepeace? He was supposed to come straight back after he escorted the Tok'ra representative."

Jack said in a puzzled tone of voice.

"I'll tell you if you'll let me finish."

"Sorry sir,"

Jack apologised with sincerity and stood to attention, like his exemplary major.

" They were escorting the Tok'ra members back form Earth. SG-3's mission was also to retrieve a member of the high council to talk with the president. As you know Colonel Makepeace's 2IC is trained as a diplomat. Well. The whole talking business is not going to happen anytime soon. It seems that there was a murder, Colonel Makepeace is their prime suspect."

Jack was shocked, completely and utterly. The news startled him and threatened him to lose his composure. He knew Makepeace too well; well enough that Makepeace was not was not the sort of guy. He looked at Hammond again who had a look of mourning upon him.

"What do they have against him?"

A sensible voice questioned the General.

"We didn't get any kind of detail I'm afraid Major."

"However, they did tell you that Colonel Makepeace is the prime suspect?"

"Yes, that much clear. I can't believe that he would do anything like that he knows what's on stake. I know he's innocent!"

General Hammond mumbled under his breath.

"Yes he is. Until he is proven guilty. We can't even say that unless there is evidence that agrees. What I need to know now is what we're allowed to do about it."

Jack turned his head to stare at his Major. The fun loving woman was gone and the cold and accurate medical examiner had taken her place. It was indeed a remarkable change, so mind altering that it was almost frightening.

"That's why I called the two of you. Major, I want you to travel to the Tok'ra homeworld and find out what the hell is going on. Like you said he is innocent until proven guilty and I'm not going to give up on one of my best officers."

General Hammond stated as a matter of faculty and Chris felt her lighten up a little by the fact that the general cared, maybe the USAF wasn't finished after all, like she had thought for the past 8 years.

"Sir, I would like to have the credentials of a medical examiner, sir. A crime scene investigator is you don't mind."

"I'm afraid that is up to the Tok'ra, this is their ball park, I'm afraid I don't really know anything about their rules."

"Well, you're gonna have to learn, sir, 'cos Colonel Makepeace's life depends on that."

Major Christine Benton stated with firmness and General Hammond why the hell such officers like her resigned and stayed hidden for almost 8 years when there was so much the service could have gained with her presence in the USAF. Whist Jack sat in the swirly leather chair, calmly thinking about what may happen. He had never really trusted the Tok'ra, with his life maybe but never with his team or personnel. It was that or it was something to do with his grudge against Martouf.

"I know that very well major, however since you are by far the expert in criminal investigation with us I want you to take a team and aid the Tok'ra in their investigation."

The General stated this as a matter of faculty and Chris knew that she couldn't refuse him.

"Have the Tok'ra mentioned anything about an investigation taking place sir?"

Jack asked with a rather smug attitude implying certain points about the Tok'ra.

"No, but I'm sure there is one. In this kind of situation I wouldn't expect any less. Major, your mission is to either start an investigation or aid as much as possible until you can figure out whether Colonel Makepeace is innocent or otherwise. Remember that. What I have just given you is the primary objective. I want my officer back in one piece if he's innocent. If something goes wrong this can turn into a global scaled problem. Anything else is secondary and not official. Major Benton you can now pick members of any SG teams and form an investigation group. I want you to be geared up and ready to go at 1900 hours."

"Yes, sir."

"Sir, what do I do?"

Jack O'Neill asked feeling left out.

"Your job is that major Benton gets whatever she wants and needs. You'll only be needed for a very short period of time. You won't be off world."

"Sir,"

Jack tried to protest but the General wanted none of it.

"Dismissed."

Monday 29th September
1808 hours
Major Benton's Office
"We better get ready to ship out. Pack your gear gentlemen this is gonna be a tough ride."

Chris dismissed the last of her chosen team member. They all had genuinely good resume and profiles but one had to wonder if they were it good enough in action.

Chris turned her head momentarily, briefly pausing to take notice of a rather flushed Colonel O'Neill, standing on her doorway.

"Is there something you'd like from me Colonel?"

Chris asked casually as she tied her bootlaces.

"Yes there is."

The Colonel occupied but Chris was busy with her bootlaces as they got tangled up.

"What is it Colonel?"

She questioned, distracted.

"Why am I not on the team that goes to the Tok'ra?"

Jack O'Neill answered as he bent down to help his Major with her bootlaces. He was no scientist but he knew how to do one up.

"Because you don't have expertise in criminal investigation sir."

"I know Makepeace better than anybody on base. Hell he's one of my best friends. We trained together. He saved my butt more than once, well sort of, but now if he's in trouble I want to be there to help him. You know that I was the one who recommended that someone escort the stupid Tok'ra representative. Maybe if I hadn't and maybe if he just stayed on world, he wouldn't be accused of something like this by snake heads."

Jack was tightening her bootlaces and Chris almost felt the pain as he poured his frustration onto his actions.

"You almost seem sure that Makepeace is innocent."

"Hell, of course he is!"

"I'll be the judge of that. Clearly you're biased."

Chris was annoyed. She expected Jack to handle things less personally and more professionally.

"I don't care if I am or not. I just wanna be on the team that investigates."

"General Hammond specifically ordered all essential personnel, not friends."

Jack was disappointed. After all he thought that she would cut him some slack being best friend and all. He said words that should not have been said and would regret but by the time they rushed out there was no turning back.

"Major, at the click of my finger your career in the Airforce can be over. Now I'm ordering you as your commanding officer to put me on your god dammed team!"

Jack was close to shouting and he realised that he over reacted. He also knew that his major would not look kindly on that matter.

"Was that a threat Colonel? I don't respond well to threats for your information. If you're looking for a favour here then you're definitely using the wrong kind of strategy."

The friendship they shared in the past months had all but collapsed and she felt nothing but cold rage at her commanding officer.

"Listen I'm sorry, I didn't mean that, it's just, I'm anxious to see Makepeace, I really liked him. He was a good officer."

"I do have one more space on the team for a fellow crime scene investigator, are you any good at putting things together?"

" I'll do my best."

"You're on with the promise that you'll do what I tell you to."

Jack sighed in relief. Maybe he wasn't such a dumb ass after all and maybe his 2IC did do him a favour.

Monday 29th September
1855 hours
Stargate Command
Control Room

"Are you sure this is wise Major? Is he putting some kind of pressure on you? Because I know that Colonel O'Neill is very fond of Makepeace and he might take this personally."

"No, sir, I very much doubt that. I'm absolutely fine. I offered him this place on my team, I know that he's my CO and everything but I think I can handle it."

Chris just realised that she had lied for Jack. 'Great I'm not realising that I'm adding everything into the saucepan, reading from the recipe for disaster.' She thought silently to herself as she gazed into the gate room through the bulletproof glass where Jack was standing, all geared up and ready to go. Noticing that someone was staring at him he looked up and waved. Chris just had to smile at that.

"Well, you are very experienced in this kind of thing. I just hope that the Tok'ra will be co operative."

The General sighed, expecting the worst and knowing well the kind of reaction this would provoke from his Colonel O'Neill.

" If they're not we'll make them co operative. They can't be bad as CIA and the FBI. And the LAPD that I had to deal with were bad as both of them put together."

The General chuckled and dismissed the major.

"I'm counting on you Major, don't let me down."

Monday 29th September
1902 hours
Stargate Command
Embarkation Room.

In the embarkation room General Hammond addressed the 6 members of special SG team.

"You've all been briefed. You all know your assignments. This is a diplomatic mission as well as a murder investigation. I trust all of you to act with great responsibility and pride as representatives from Earth. Another note, I know that Colonel O'Neill is the superior officer among you, however this is Major Benton's mission. Therefore Major Benton's order comes first. She is the expert. Is that all clear?"

The General smiled to himself. He knew that Colonel was in a sulky mood already and the whole idea of him not being in charge had made him even more depressed. It was for the best that the Colonel lacked in confidence.

"Let's move out."

Chris shouted from the top of the ramp and her 4 team members except from the Colonel walked into the even horizon. She looked at her Colonel, who was now grinned at her.

"Under your command, I kinda like the sound of that. Have your way with me Ma'am."

Jack teased her and Chris turned a slight shade of red. Thankfully with the event horizon deflecting it's blue light he would not have noticed. Retaining her calm posture Chris kicked on his backside, effectively shoving him through the wormhole.

"God speed Major."

General Hammond saluted at her now assured that the Major would be able to control the emotionally involved maniac.

Monday 29th September
1703 Hours (Earth Time)
Planet Vorash, Under Tok'ra Occupation
Confinement Area

Colonel Makepeace circled in his small confinement like a wild animal deprived of its freedom in a cage. He felt helpless. He now had a small room all to himself, like the Tok'ra always says they don't have room with doors since there is no need for them but obviously the Tok'ra had grown a crystal chamber with a lock on it especially for him. He gave a bitter chuckle to himself thinking that he's ought to be flattered. It had been a long time since he was confined in such a way but he knew how to cope, after all he was a marine, trained to survive the toughest conditions. He then wondered where the rest of his team was. They probably were in confinement under suspicion as well. He couldn't help but feel that all had gone to hell because of him. But all he could do was wait, until Hammond sent a team through to help them. They had better be mighty good he though. That's when he heard everyone running around like crazy.

Monday 29th September
1904 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
Stargate

"Welcome to Vorash Colonel O'Neill."

Martouf came forward and greeted the team from Earth. However he received a greeting from a female officer instead of the good Colonel.

"It's an honour to be here. I'm presuming you're Martouf. I'm Major Christine Benton SG-1. The replacement for Samantha Carter. I've heard a lot about you."

Martouf tilted his head and acknowledged the women.

"I see. Colonel O'Neill, we just sent a message through to explain the delay your people are experiencing at the moment."

"That's why we're here. To get some details."

Jack intervened standing in front of Major Benton.

"Do you have any evidence that convicts Makepeace? Because I will not tolerate any kind of judgmental behaviour unless there is proof. Even more I know for a fact that Makepeace will never do that kind of thing do you hear. If it's one of your crappy story lines I swear I'll personally..."

Chris watched her CO talk. He looked mighty pissed. Some of the expression she had not seen too often. But truthfully she was disappointed in him for not being able to control his anger. A part of her understood why he took it so personally because she had done it too on several occasions but when things resulted into a intergalactic disaster she knew which side she would be standing.

"Colonel, that's enough. May I have a word in private."

Chris held Jack's arm and turned her back from the rest of her team and the Tok'ra host.

"Colonel, please watch what you're saying. You're completely compromising my mission by loosing your top, and I won't have that. I'm in charge here, you'll get your say but for now let me do the talking do you understand? Don't get so personally involved. I hope that's clear enough for you. 'Cos if this mission gets screwed the responsibilities will fall on my shoulders and I'll have to live with that "

Chris stated firmly and Jack flinched when he heard her say 'I'm in charge'. He had arrived on the planet only 2 minutes ago and there he was forgetting that he was not in charge, forgetting the promise he had made to Chris before leaving.

"Yes, I do. I'm sorry major. I was out of line."

Chris gave a satisfying nod and turned to face her host once more.

" I will apologise for Colonel O'Neill's inappropriate words, he is a close friend to Colonel Makepeace, he means well."

"Of course. But I must ask is colonel O'Neill not your superior?"

"Yes he is. However this is my mission since I am the specialist and it is my job to get things done in this sort of mission. Colonel O'Neill is merely accompanying us, however if it is your wish and if you perceive him as a threat to the diplomatic relationship then I am prepared to let him return. Although I don't think that's necessary considering such incidents shall not occur again."

Chris stated professionally as she gave Jack a cold stare. Jack felt completely humiliated. If it was someone else who had done that to him he would have knocked the living daylights out of that person but it was a different story when it came to Christine Benton. She was one lady who was likely to kick his ass.

"Thank you for your generous offer major, but I think the high council will decide on such matters. We will oversee this event. Please follow me, the high council awaits you, if that is your wish."

"Of course. But I have to be assured, is Colonel Makepeace and the rest of the SG team safe?"

Chris finally asked the magic question and Jack's eyes sparkled in anticipation.

"Of course they are. They are all confined separately for obvious reasons but they are being treated well."

Major Benton smiled to herself, of course hiding it from Jack. For once she was in command and it felt good. She loved SG-1 mind you and Jack O'Neil was a good CO but sometimes a girl gets a kick out of being the one on top.

Jack followed, behind the whole team, as he wanted to be far away as possible from Chris and the snakehead Martouf.

Monday 29th September
1935 hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
Council Chambers

The team of Scientist with the including Colonel O'Neill were lead through the long and cold crystal tunnel until they reached the destination. In the heart of the tunnel was the council chamber, much familiar to Jack's eyes. 7 Council members stood behind what Jack could only describe as counters. They all looked gloom as Jack always thought and all tilted there heads when they entered.

"It is good to see you again Colonel O'Neill and likewise for your new team. The High Council greets you."

Although Jack was at the 'six' of the group Garshaw greeted at him first, identifying him as the leader. And Jack was surprised to see Jacob Carter with her.

"Likewise. Garshaw. Jacob."

Jack bowed his head slightly and again came to the bitter conclusion that he was not in charge.

"And this is not my new team. SG-1 had changed slightly but this mission is the Major's here. I'm not in charge."

Jack stepped back and Chris took the stand.

"I'm major Christine Benton. Leader of this unit. I'm also the replacement for Sam Cater in SG-1. It's an honour to meet you all. And I know that if you look back far enough you'll remember me General Carter."

"I'm sure I would remember such a good looking lady but I'm afraid I don't."

Jacob gave a kind smiled as he said so.

"I was Sam's friend back in the Academy, around 85?"

Chris smiled and Jacob remembered.

"You're the young doctor. You've changed a lot."

"Of course I have. It's been almost 15 years."

Jacob chuckled and Jack scrunched his face to see them so friendly. So did the rest of the council members.

"Well let's get down to business, I take it you're here because of Colonel Makepeace."

Jacob became more serious.

"Yes we are. We need to review all the evidence and if he is found guilty we want to extradite him. He is an earth citizen but more an officer in the United States Marine Corps"

Jacob looked grim and Chris immediately picked up on his reaction.

"Is there something wrong?"

"Yes, a Tok'ra is dead. And the high council insists that the convict is tried here and punished here. As you are already aware there's hardly any crime here in the Tok'ra and when it does happen everybody wants justice. We've already discussed this matter with great importance, Colonel Makepeace will be tried and sentenced here."

Jack was baffled not by what the high councillor said but by the way he spoke. He sounded as if there was positive proof that Makepeace committed the murder.

"Wait a minutes, may I?"

Jack asked Chris with pleading eyes.

"Go ahead Colonel."

This time it was Jacob's turn to be thoroughly surprised. Jack O'Neill, asking permission to speak to a subordinate? Even setting aside the fact this was the Major's mission it seemed rather amazing.

"I beg you pardon but did you just say 'tried and sentenced'? You almost sound like you've already convicted Makepeace."

Thus Garshaw intervened, stepping forward and offering an explanation.

"There is motive and it is true that he had no alibi."

"That's all you have on him?"

Jack was absolutely outraged. Although the Tok'ra was advanced far beyond his knowledge but their justice system sucked.

"And let me guess that's enough to hang him!"

"There is only one sentence for such a crime. Death."

Garshaw stated as a matter of faculty only adding to the rage that burned within O'Neill. Noticing Jack's reaction Major Benton decided to take the wise course of action.

"Garshaw, I introduced myself earlier as Colonel O'Neill's second in command in SG-1 and the leader of this particular mission. Unlike Major Samantha Carter, I'm not an astrophysicist. I'm a doctor, a medical doctor to be exact. I have doctrines on virology and molecular biology. Now that's what I started out as but later I changed in the line of profession and became the chief medical examiner of Virginia. One of many places where crime level is high. I have a speciality in pathology and a sub speciality in forensic medicine."

She looked at Jacob, Garshaw and Martouf. They all looked terribly confused, hell even the rest of her team looked confused.

"So what are you saying? In the same language we're speaking please."

Jacob asked politely with a smile.

" I'm saying that I would like to investigate the murder with forensic science. You see that's why I was sent. As part of an investigation team. The rest of my team are highly renowned in their own expertise. For example Captain Sander here is an expert on crime scene investigations as well as finger printing. If you give him an object with a touchable surface he'll tell you who touched it. Lieutenant Connelly is one of the best DNAologist I've ever had the pleasure to work with. Another expert is Dr Thomas Lewis who is renowned for his work with criminal behavioural psychology. Also we have Captain Andrew Zenner who will assist me on my autopsies due to his qualification in forensic medicine."

When she introduced each of them they had all taken a step forward.

"Is colonel O'Neill an expert as well?"

Martouf asked with seriousness and curiosity that Chris almost burst out laughing.

"No he's not but he'll be my aide. Listen all I want is to find out the truth. I want the truth just as much as you do. Now if you have conclusive evidence that would lead me to believe that Colonel Makepeace is guilty of murder then I will do everything within my power so that the victim gets justice and retribution but for now I need your co operation in catching the killer."

"We already have the killer!"

Garshaw shouted impatiently.

"No you don't He is innocent until proven guilty and that's the code I live by."

This time another high councillor questioned.

"So what is it that you wish from us?"

" We would like to investigate the crime that was committed. That's all we ask."

"And what is it you need in order to investigate?"

This was the question Chris was hoping to get from the start.

"We need exclusive access to the crime scene, the body of the victim, the prime suspect, free and easy access to the Stargate so that we can carryout out tests, search warrants and the right to interview anyone under interrogation procedures."

All the council members looked baffled and exasperated. As if the whole thing came to a surprise to them.

" Look, all you have to do is trust us. Now I believe that on many occasions we have given the Tok'ra enough to be on the receiving end of this bargain. Please believe me when I say that only the best of the best will be handling this case. And to be perfectly honest I have a distinct impression that the Tok'ra's methods are primitive in this kind of situation."

One of the older council members looked outraged.

"You did not initiate this alliance. It was you who came to us for assistance. And now you are claiming that we are primitive."

"In general terms the Tok'ra is advanced beyond our level of science, but it's clear that you're not used to this kind of thing happening. When was the last time that a Tok'ra was murdered internally? The fact is, although I hate to admit it, this kind of thing occur every day in our world and we have become advanced in dealing with these types of situations. If you do not believe that and you think we are biased I would be happy to welcome a Tok'ra scientist on board."

There was a brief moment of silence, which Chris used, to her advantage. Pause for effect she called it. Let the truth sink in.

"I need to know are my requests granted?"

All the council members were nodding at one another and Jack could tell that Chris had impressed them.

"You have it and we will be assigning Martouf to your team. He is skilled in medicine and has a great deal of knowledge concerning Tok'ra physiology. I believe he will be a quick study. Perhaps this is an opportunity for us to learn from you and adapt to a more advanced method of dealing with such matters."

Jacob smiled in a cryptic manner and Chris gave a sigh of relief. It had been a while she had to be this assertive to a board of powerful people. Without further ado the Tok'ra council dismissed them and Jacob quickly caught up with them.

"Great job you did in there Major, I have to say Selmak and I were extremely impressed. Not to mention the rest of the council. High Councillor Persus requested that I aid you with anything you need so if you do give me a holler but I'm sure Martouf can handle most of it."

Jacob walked away in the opposite direction giving Jack a reassuring pat on the shoulder. With Jacob out of sight, Chris turned around.

"Martouf, I was hoping you could provide us with a place where we could get thing unpacked and unload minor equipment"

"Of course, please follow me."

Martouf began leading the way and an extremely frustrated Jack brought them all to a halt.

"Excuse, before we do anything else, I wanna talk to Makepeace and the rest of SG-3. I've waited long enough. He might be able to tell us something. If that's okay with you major."

Jack added his cheeky remark.

"That sounds reasonable enough. But we'll establish a base area before we do that. Then you and I can go see the Colonel and the rest of his team."

Jack grumbled but he had to admit but it seemed like the logical course of action.

Monday 29th September
2031 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
SGC Personnel Base Area

Once arriving in a large open area made out of strange looking crystals Chris gave out the orders.

"Okay, Lieutenant Connelly, I want you to send a message through to the SGC, notify the General of our current situation and tell him that we're talking to Colonel Makepeace now. Tell him also that I'll check in the next 12 hours. Captain Sanders, I hope you packed your camera 'cos you and Dr Lewis is going to go to the Crime scene, make sure it's not further disturbed, and take photographs. Lots of them too. I want every corner of that room photographed, video taped and sealed off. Captain Zenner please take a look at the body and do a prelim, and I said prelims. Look with your eyes not your scalpels. Is that understood? I'll be there soon. Just prepare everything will you. Martouf. I'm assuming that you'll be kind enough to show them around and uh, observe if you will."

"Can we go now?"

Jack asked impatiently and Chris gave him a nasty glare but her look soon changed into one of sympathy as she saw his distress. She gave her approval and they walked side by side with one of the guards that Martouf assigned to escort them.

"I didn't know I didn't know you were so close to Colonel Makepeace sir."

Chris quietly stated and felt awkward addressing him sir when she was the one ordering him around all the time.

"We're not, but we have to take care of our own. Like I said before he's my friend, a drinking buddy but more he risked his ass to save mine more than once and I'm willing to do the same for him."

" I don't want male macho bonding sessions when we get in there sir. He is strictly off limits."

Chris stated again and Jack got angry. He couldn't hold it in any longer.

"What is the matter with you? Where is Major Chris Benton that I was boxing with this afternoon? Why are you acting like this? I know that you don't care much about a marine but could you show at least some compassion? Are you human or not?"

" Colonel, I know what's at stake, but this is much more than just a murder investigation like General Hammond said. This could turn into a global disaster. The Tok'ra is probably one of the most valuable allies we'll ever have along with the Asgards and I'm not prepared to ruin that important alliance that so many people worked hard to build, by letting feelings and emotions get in the way."

Chris was calm and collected; further fuelling Jack's anger.

"What emotions and feelings are you talking about?"

Jack walked away from her talking to the Tok'ra guard, diverting his attention. Chris felt the tears welling up when she realised that the person she trusted so much could hurt. It felt as if he had shattered her hearts in to tiny pieces of glass and stamp all over them. She quickly bit her lip and looked away refusing to let herself cry. Jack, obviously missed things. There was more to her that he knew of, Makepeace was not just an officer she knew by name. He was much more but she wasn't going to let Jack know. At least not now.

Monday 29th September
2039 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
Confinement Area

A door of crystal slowly swung opened and Makepeace was glad to see a familiar place.

"Jack."

He sounded tired and groggy yet relieved. After all the Marine Colonel had been through a lot in the past 12 hours.

"How you doing Makepeace?"

Jack asked and Makepeace chuckled.

"I guess you already know the answer to that one."

Makepeace looked at Jack and realised that he had not come with good news.

"I take it I'm not allowed to go just yet."

"No you're not."

Another voice sounded and Makepeace was shocked. He didn't expect jack's 2IC to be there with him.

"Christine."

Makepeace almost lost it there and there. He wanted to rush into her arms and cry like a child. It was bad enough that he was getting accused of murder but by aliens it was just too strange. Now this time Jack gave a curious expression. 'Christine?' It just sounded too feminine for his tough Major and he had never realised that Makepeace and Chris was on a first name basis it the first place. Then something really out of the ordinary happened. Makepeace walked towards Chris and held her in his arms. Desperately searching for comfort.

"God you're okay, you're okay I was really worried about you."

Chris whispered. They stayed like that not caring who watched. Didn't even take into notice that the Colonel of SG-1 was standing awe-struck.

"Yeah, I thought I was never going to see you again."

"It's okay. It's going to be okay."

Then it hit Jack. All those nights she was not home and on base, she had found someone.

"God,"

The couple soon pulled apart and Chris was the first to regain her composure.

"I've been assigned to investigate this case."

"Case?"

Makepeace asked and Chris was much obliged to explain.

"The Tok'ra has already marked you to be their prime suspect and is waiting to tri you and sentence you here but I managed to get a pact for an investigation. At the most I've bought ourselves some time until we can prove you didn't do it."

Jack stood there for a moment and felt his heart breaking into two. The countless messages he had left early in the morning, how tired she would look although she had lied to him that she as in her bed all night, how she never wanted to go out with SG-3. It was all making sense and it was killing him. He didn't realise until then that he had special feelings for her. That he was silently hoping for a chance to be with her as more than a friend. The whole situation was too familiar. Losing Carter to Daniel, coming to terms with it, denying to everyone. From day one he was able to accept the fact that Carter would never be his, but with Chris, he had thought there was a chance. She had a hurtful past so had he, in truth he was hoping to heal her and for her to heal him in return. He stood there for a minute and excused himself from the scene saying something along the line of going to check up on the other team members.

"Listen, I cant' stay for long, I've got other things to do but I need to know one thing Robert."

Chris said, not even realising that Jack was gone.

"I need to hear you say that you didn't do it. If you confess they'll be no need for an investigation."

"I didn't do it Chris. I didn't kill her. You have to believe me."

"Robert I'm sorry but I can't give you my reassurances right now. I'm a medical examiner in this situation not your...."

Chris was stuck for words and Makepeace was happy to help out.

"Lover?"

"Yes, I didn't even tell Hammond about it incase he saw me as a personal effect and leave me out of the investigation. I had to stay quiet."

"I know. But this time I need to know, if you weren't the investigator would you believe that I didn't commit murder?"

Chris couldn't look at him straight, blinded by mixed feeling, her duty and her emotions.

"Colonel O'Neill believes that you didn't do it."

Robert was annoyed at not getting a straight answer.

"Really? That's good, but I need to know, would you?"

"Yes, I want to but I can't tell you that until I review all the evidence."

"God dammit! Chris. Stop thinking with your head. Just tell me how you feel. Or are you incapable of that? I need you more as a friend than as a medical examiner!"

"I'm sorry Robert I have to go."

As she departed the Tok'ra guard closed the door and once again Robert was alone in his sleepy hollow, where freedom seemed a million light years away.

Monday 29th September
2101 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
South Corridors of Tok'ra Secret Tunnels

Chris walked as fast as she could. Away from the cold cell she saw Robert in. The combined depth of words she had heard from Jack and Robert had hurt her deeply. She came to a stop in one of the turn not knowing and not caring where she was going. Until she collapsed, digging her fingers into the cold crystal material and slipping against the motionless and alien wall. She sat there, crying. Why had she let people get close again? Why was she foolish enough to believe that there was joy in life to be found? She cried. It had been a long time indeed. A long time since she lost control over herself. She sobbed convulsively and brought out all the sorrow she had buried.

Monday 29th September
2145 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
SGC Personnel Base Area

"Report, gentlemen."

Chris entered. Looking a little pale yet confident as always.

"I've secured the area ma'am but since the scene is rather large I think I might need some more help."

The young Airforce officer answered and Chris nodded her approval.

"I'll tell the General about it, when I send the next message through. Where's Captain Zenner?"

"Last I saw he was with Martouf ma'am taking a look at the body."

"Good. Radio them and tell tem that I want to know what they've found. I'm guessing you know where the autopsy room is."

"Yes ma'am, I checked."

"Thank you Captain. And what about that message you sent to General Hammond Lieutenant?"

"He says that he wants you back in the in the SGC after 12 hours. The JCS has taken a great interest in it."

Chris was frustrated.

"For the love of God! Tell him that I'm not leaving. I can't afford to do that. Obviously he doesn't comprehend that time is invaluable in an investigation like this. And I really don't care if the Joint Chief of Staff gives a damn. I'm handling this my way and the JCS and the politicians better stay out of my way, if they want to have Colonel Makepeace back."

She stated firmly and with a hint of bitterness that no one dared to argue against.

"So what's next ma'am?"

"Lieutenant I'm sorry and I know that you're eager to get some real work done but could you send another message through, saying that I'm not leaving at least not until the autopsy and the prelims on the Crime scene. Tell him we might need some people to question witnesses in order to do it in detail. We need them for questioning. We have a lot of people to interview folks and we better do it fast. Okay, in the next line of business, Colonel O'Neill and myself, checked on Colonel Makepeace and the rest of SG-3. Colonel, what do the Tok'ra want with the rest of SG-3? Are they suspects by the look of things?"

"No, I doubt it. They're not really confined like Makepeace is. They're free to go.

The Colonel replied coolly trying not to show his feelings but he ached inside as he looked at her.

"Okay, we're gonna send them back through but after we question them. Colonel I'm going to leave you in charge of interrogation. Dr Lewis, please assist him the best you can. If we're on Earth we would have all the background files on everyone but we don't have that right now. I'm sure that General Hammond will send more help but right now I want both of you to start questioning the first group of people."

"And who's that?"

"The prime suspect, the related party and people who found them. I suggest you start ASAP."

Colonel O'Neill didn't like the idea of facing Makepeace this time. All the enthusiasm was gone and all he wanted to do was to run back home. Chris barked some more orders but this time on her radio.

"Captain Zenner are you there? This is Sierra Gulf one."

"This is Sierra Gulf ten, we hear you loud and clear Sierra Gulf one."

"Captain Zenner I'll perform the autopsy with you but I want you to make a start on it. I'll drop by when I have the chance. You should take some samples. This is going to be done the same way to how we would perform the autopsy on humans with slight adjustments, but right now carry out stage one. Blood samples, take DNA and see if there's any fingerprint on the body. It's a long shot to find anything but at least have a go. We are going to have a look at the scene, if you come up with something big either Comm me or come and find me. Over and out."

Chris returned her radio to her breast pocket and turned to face everyone.

"Captain Sanders lead the way."

Monday 29th September
2209 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
East Corridors of Secret Tok'ra Tunnel

The young captain took point and Chris followed closely behind asking him questions.

"Captain, did you find anything out of the ordinary?"

"Not really ma'am."

Will Sanders replied as he thought back to the scene.

"Murder weapon?"

"There's a number of possibilities but since I haven't been told about the cause of death I can't really be sure."

"How much has the crime scene been disturbed?"

Chris was genuinely concerned about the crime scene. She knew the rules. The most crucial factors in the investigation was the evidence and 95 percent of most evidences turned up in the crime scene. It was important that the crime scene was left the way it was when the crime took place. For investigators like herself, there were 'writings on the wall' and the walls did speak to her, just as the body would.

"By the looks of things, it's pretty good considering these people don't know the first thing about preserving evidence. They really hadn't bothered looking at the crime scene."

"What do you mean?"

"Well according to Martouf, the Colonel had both the means to and the motives to kill the Tok'ra."

"We'll see what we turn up with in the investigation. Did Martouf say anything about the motive?"

"He said that the Colonel had a relationship with the Tok'ra and apparently they were seen arguing."

"Relationship? What kind of relationship are we talking about here?"

Chris was again too shocked for words as she listened to the Captain's explanations.

Monday 29th September
2213 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
Confinement Area

"So you slept with her?"

Jack asked incredulously.

"Yes, it was only once but we had this thing going before."

"You do know that Hammond is going to kill you for this."

"That's the least of my worries. I think the Tok'ra will kill me first."

Jack was astonished that Makepeace was so laid back.

"When did you, you know?"

Jack disgusted by Makepeace's lack of restraint that he didn't even voice himself right.

"Last night, I think around 2100hours. For the first time and the last time."

"Thank you for sharing that tibbit. You do know that the Tok'ra will not look kindly on this."

Jack said to Makepeace as he wrote clicked on the end button to his mini recorder.

"Describe for me the kind of conversation you had with her."

"What do you say to a woman you just slept with?"

"I would say a lot of things but I'm not a marine who can't keep in his pants and the woman had a snake in her head for crying out loud."

Jack was frustrated and switched on the mini recorder again recording all the statements he could get.

"I said that I had someone else that it couldn't happen again."

"Her reaction?"

Dr Lewis asked trying tot make some in put, much to Jack's gratitude.

"She was pissed. 'Cos I didn't tell her who the other girl was."

"So you had a fight with her."

"Yeah, had a little shouting session."

"Okay. Did anyone see this?"

"The Tok'ra don't have doors, I'm sure someone heard but I don't think anybody saw the argument taking place, not as far as I know."

"Do you have an alibi? Did you stay with anyone after you left her private quarters?"

"I met up with Johnson but right after that I left and went to my own quarters, the one that the Tok'ra guy provided me with."

"Do you usually have separate quarters?"

"No, can't say I did."

Looking down in his notes, both Colonel O'Neill and Dr Lewis concluded that there were no further questions.

"That's it for now. Get some rest Robert you look like hell. I'll be back later to check up on you."

Jack stood up from the stool provided and straightened out his jacket.

"Oh and one more thing Colonel Makepeace."

Dr Lewis said bring both of the Colonels to attention.

"Don't talk to the Tok'ra. You might get into trouble later on."

Monday 29th September
2249 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
Private Quarters Area

Crime Scene

"Report Captain this is Sierra Gulf 1."

"Um, I've found wounds ma'am. Several in fact. I'm only assessing it from the exterior so I can't tell what was the cause of death, but I can definitely tell you that these Tok'ras are tough. If any human sustained damages like these, they would have dropped dead in a matter of seconds."

"Tell me what you've got so far."

"Well, far as I could tell, there are three possibilities on the cause of death ma'am."

"Give them to me."

Chris said waiting for the answer. It felt strange talking into a radio when comparing to the scrambled cell phones and pagers she used when she worked for the FBI. The strange thing was they didn't have to worry about anyone eavesdropping on their conversations. No psychopaths who wanted to interfered with her investigations.

"She sustained 7 bullets wounds. And bruising around the neck area to introduce strangulation."

"Do you have a time of death?"

"The closest I can give you without a full autopsy completed is 15 hours looking at the condition of the bruises, the colour of the skin. Not to mention the smell."

"That bad huh?"

"Yes ma'am. The temperature in these tunnels re pretty high so.."

"I got the idea. Captain. Does our Jane Doe have a name?"

"Martouf tells me that it's Freya/Anise."

"Excuse me?"

"The host was called Freya and the symbiote was called Anise."

"Okay, I'll be along soon, did Colonel O'Neill turn up with anything?"

"Not yet ma'am, he did radioed me a coupla minutes ago saying that he's sending the rest of SG-3 back through the gate. He wants them to catch up with Lieutenant Connelly"

"Okay, so have you done all you can without me?"

"Yes ma'am.

"Then collaborate with the rest of the guys including Martouf to draw up some scenarios and give me as much information on Freya and Anise as you can."

"Roger that ma'am. Over and out."

"Sierra Gulf one out."

Chris turned to see what the Captain was so interested in.

"Zenner's found bullets wounds. He hasn't started the autopsy yet, find anything interesting?"

"Not really ma'am. I see shells and up a couple of ricochets but that's about it. I think that's the victim's blood on the bed. Apparently that's where the body was found so no big surprise there."

"Did you just say there's ricochets?"

Chris put on her surgical gloves she took out from her pocket and put them on. The smooth plastic felt tight on her hand and with the smell of the light powder from inside the thin rubber gloves she could almost hear the police sirens from her past in Virginia. It had been awhile. Seven month was all it was but for Chris it felt a lot longer than that. She was secretly excited although she shouldn't be and the feel of skin tight gloves around her fingers gave a sinister feeling .

"Yes ma'am. Here's one on the wall and here's another on the side of the table."

The Captain pointed and Chris went close to it. The wall had a hole through it but it was difficult to see and Chris was much impressed that the Captain picked up such a small detail, considering it was his first crime scene.

"Is that all the ricochets you can find?"

"Yes ma'am. I've counted the shells as well. There's all 9 of them."

"What about the missing bullets themselves?"

"I haven't tried to locate them."

"Okay, you can do that later. Is that the place where the body was found?"

"Yes ma'am, I took the liberty of marking it with a can of spray paint when Martouf told me about it earlier."

"Good work Captain. I'm impressed."

"Thank you ma'am."

At that point Chris had a train of thought in her mind and as she observed the young captain work, she thought out loud.

" Judging by the shells, I'd say that the bullets were fired from a Revolver 6mm."

"I agree ma'am, but we never found any guns in the scene."

"It's unusual isn't it? You would expect Colonel Makepeace to carry a standard issue berretta, something larger. Go join the rest of the team in the temporary base area. I'll be there shortly."

"May I ask where you're going ma'am?"

The captain asked curiously but Chris only asked him a question in return.

"Has Lieutenant Connelly sent the message through yet?"

"I think he's on his way now."

"Okay, thank you Captain that will be all for now."

As soon as the Captain left Chris began speaking into her radio again. She just hoped that the signals were strong enough to reach the topside.

"Sierra Gulf 15 this is Sierra Gulf one, do you read?"

"Loud and clear, Major."

"Lieutenant I have an idea of what gear we'll need."

Monday 29th September
2354 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
SGC Personnel Base Area

"What else did she say?"

"Nothing much sir, she just asked me if Connelly had already sent the message through and the she sent me here."

"That gal has a way of thinking doesn't she?"

As soon as the Colonel finished his sentence, Chris barged in with 8 other Tok'ra. With them they had Lap tops, several tripods, what seemed like little cameras, countless centrifuges, microscopes more advanced than the ones they had in their standard kit, battery chargers, huge black cases.

"You can put them down there."

Ordered Chris and everyone were much obliged to do so.

"Gentlemen start unpacking."

Chris said without as much as a smile on her face and everyone complied. The young lieutenant soon joined them and came in with a huge stack of books, and papers.

"What the hell is all this stuff for?"

"For my investigation Colonel."

Replied Chris and everyone decided to shut up as they could all tell that the Major was in a serious mood and not prepared to put up with stupid questions.

"Okay, Colonel O'Neill, since things seem to be in order why don't you do the honours? "

"What honours?"

The Colonel asked and Chris answered by taking out a small plastic bottle from the kit and handing it to him.

"What's this for?"

"I want you to go and ask Makepeace for a sample."

"What sample."

The Colonel was still very much confused and the rest of the troops found the situation rather funny. It wasn't something tat you saw everyday.

"Do I have to spell it out Colonel?"

"I want a urine sample."

Everyone except from the stern Major was now bursting into fits of suppressed giggle and laughter, all earning a scowl from Jack.

"You want me to go and ask him to pee in it?"

"Yes. You were the one who said you wanted to be on the team sir. Now go and make yourself useful. I've got better things for the rest of the troops. These equipment are for scientists if you have noticed Colonel."

The major's face was lightly lined with amusement at this point and the Colonel couldn't resist but to threaten her on his exit close to her ear.

"You're still on my team. I'm going to volunteer you to an arctic survival-training course when you get back on SG-1 and I'm in charge again. Never to forget that I'm gonna whip your ass in kick boxing."

As Jack set out to leave Chris called him back.

"Oh and one more thing sir, tell him to strip and bring back the clothes in that plastic bag. I want his boots as well. You can give him your spare stuff."

Chris was amused now and she didn't try and hid it but the smile on her face was wiped off when Jack lightly slapped her ass with his hand as he set off to his unpleasant task. Now the whole team was whistling and she smiled at them.

"Let's get to work gentleman. Let's get these gears into their places. And General Hammond assured me that he is going to send some people through. You've all been working real hard, you'll get your break."

Tuesday 30h September
0031 Hours
Planet of Vorash
SGC Personnel Base Area

"Here you go, special delivery."

Jack said sarcastically as he handed Chris back the small plastic bottle along with the bag that contained the Colonel's uniform.

"Thank you Colonel."

Chris took it and handed it over to the young Lieutenant.

"Gil, would you do a test on this."

"What for ma'am?"

"See if he had any alcohol in his system, maybe drugs but I doubt it about the drugs."

Jack frowned what was Chris looking for? He had to admit, he couldn't investigate his way out of a wet paper bag but he still didn't have a feel for what the Major was doing. Then Jack noticed his backgrounds. The base area was turned into a cosy little command centre with computers, hi tech gear and lots and lots of paper work.

"Colonel, come with me. I'm doing an autopsy. Captain Zenner doesn't feel up to doing this. You can be my personal aide."

Tuesday 30th September
0140 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
Sub section of SGC Personnel Base Area

Autopsy Room

Jack though he was going to die. If the gruesome sight of the body had not been enough the stench was getting to him. He was dressed in green scrubs and had a facemask on but id not help the horrible smell.

"This is awful. You used to do this for a living?"

Jack scowled but Chris did not take him into much attention.

"Colonel, a true investigator allows the victim to speak. This body is going to tell us things and perhaps save another life."

"Yeah, whatever. This whole thing sucks."

Then and there Chris snapped.

"Colonel, take a look at this body. This body didn't always used to be lifeless. It was a living person like you and me. I personally feel sorry that this person had to go so early. I read on the report from the guys that this Freya/ Anise was a scientist, an important woman for the Tok'ra cause. She hadn't even seen action yet. She died in vein. I feel sorry for her. When I think about what's been lost the discomforting smell is the least of my worries."

Chris went back to work and Jack watched her. She was right. And Jack admired the kind of attitude his Major had. No matter how angry he was at her for keeping things from him, she was always so selfless and conscientious.

"The victim didn't die of these gun shot wounds. Someone broke her neck. It was the cause of death and the gunshots were inflicted as a guarantee that the symbiote would not heal the wound. Basically in simple terms the host died first. According to Martouf that's how it would happen. The host died of the neck injuries and the symbiote died off when it couldn't repair the damage and also greatly weakened by the gun shot wounds."

"How do you know? I mean how do you know Marty's right?"

"The bruising around the neck and the bullet mark are inconsistent with each other. This Tok'ra died at approximately 0100 hours, but the blood and the decay rate around the bullet wounds suggests that the bullets came much later than that when the heart stopped pumping blood into the body. I need someone to check if anyone heard the gun being fired. That'll support the theory. And this bullet wounds and its radius compared to the bullets tell me that the shots were fired from 8 to 11 feet."

"Anything else?"

"I'm still working, but far as I'm concerned I'm pretty sure that this Tok'ra was pregnant."

"What? How's that possible? You mean a human child right?"

"Yes, there's a foetus inside the womb. I'd say around 7 weeks along."

"You better ask Marty about that. Jesus, this woman was pregnant?"

Chris and Jack was both dumb found and Chris was surprised that she had not picked up on it sooner. She had the excuse that she wasn't looking for anything as such from a Tok'ra abut she had to admit she was a little rusty.

"Wait I thought the symbiote has to stay inactive so that the host doesn't have a miscarriage."

"No, apparently, it's not until the later months that the symbiote is a danger to the child. But for now we've defined everything we can. I've found, what appears to be human skin so we'll take that along for DNA analysis. I've also found what looks like microscopic salt crystals. Captain Zenner reported it from the preliminary exam. I think all it was, were tears."

"Tears? Why would she have been crying?"

"It could be because she was scared. Most victims do cry when they know that they're about to die."

"Or the killer was making her cry before he killed her."

"We'll never know for sure but we can do a check up on the people she was close to."

Chris stated like a true professional as she made notes on her pad.

"What's all that red marks?"

Jack pointed to the body's shoulder, neck and collarbone.

"They're love bites. Caused by sucking and biting during sexual play."

"Oh."

Jack was lost for words. He knew who had inflicted the markings on the Tok'ra. And it would have hurt Chris to know that as well.

"What other samples did you take?"

"Just vaginal ones. I took a swab but I don't think we'll turn up with anything interesting."

Chris went on ahead. Removing her latex gloves, and facemask and exited the small chamber. Jack stood there for a minute. Staring at the naked form of a lifeless body that once blossomed with youth and spirit. It was there no longer and Jack thought about the possibility the young Tok'ra held before she as brutally murdered. He also thought of the child that would have been born if the mother were alive. Then something struck him. Jack ran after Chris and shouted.

"Did that Tok'ra have a mate?"

Chris turned around and responded.

"We can safely say that the child belongs to Colonel Makepeace. After all they've known each another for 3 months and have had contact. It could have happened then. It's much more likely that way."

Chris still had no trace of emotion on her face, as if she didn't care, but Jack knew the truth.

"But it could have been someone else. Run some tests. There's gotta be some that could tell you who the father is"

Jack did feel that he was being rather paranoid but he wasn't the type to give up easily.

"What like a Tok'ra? I doubt. It's unlikely that a Tok'ra would conceive a human child unless the father was an unblended human."

"Although very unlikely it could happen. I mean Ammonet and Apophis had a human child."

Jack thought back to the time when he was in Abydos.

"There's no point Colonel. I won't devote my resources to obtain useless and obvious results. My team already has a whole heap of things to do."

Chris was getting angry at Jack's insistence.

"Makepeace already told me that it only happened once. He also told her that it couldn't happen again."

Chris now turned a shade of red and Jack couldn't believe that he was the one defending Makepeace.

"I don't care what he's told you. It's my investigation and I'm following my leads, don't you intervene Colonel O'Neill."

"Maybe you are, but maybe you're following you're emotions. It could be you who's biased at this point."

"You have no idea what you're saying Colonel. I've carried out murder investigations by the hundreds now and I'm handling it like any other."

Jack was in equal disappointment as she was. The disagreement they had now got blown out of proportion.

" Well it shouldn't be! Right now, the suspect is not an everyday thug out in the street but a colonel in the United States Marine Corps. And you're not on Earth. You obviously haven't got you're bearing straight. In addition the prime suspect is you're boyfriend. Who happen to have slept with the victim! Right now I have this impression, you don't want to find out who the child belongs to!"

"Is that all sir?"

Chris began her good soldier's routine and did not answer back to Jack. Maybe she had stepped out of line to argue with a superior, she thought. Maybe things were better to be left where it was.

Tuesday 29th September
0203 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
SGC Personnel Base Area

"Well I see you've re decorated the place, it almost looks like Sam's lab."

A voice from the background proudly stated and Jack turned around to see.

"Hey Danny boy, whatcha doing here?"

Jack was genuinely happy to see Daniel and was so sure that he could hug the young archaeologist.

"I came to help out. General Hammond said that Chris needed help to nose around."

Chris was also happy to see Daniel. She could certainly have someone to talk to.

"Thank you for coming so quickly Daniel. You must be absolutely exhausted since your mission with SG-6. I take it Teal'c decided to stay in bed after hanging around with you and SG-6. Don't blame the big guy."

"Well, I asked nicely and I asked if the rest of SG-6 could come too."

Daniel grinned and Carter appeared from the back ground with Teal'c.

"This is great you guys. Thank so much. And Teal'c, I bet you volunteered to do this. I know you would have wanted to spend some time with Rya'ac in your down time. This will help tremendously with the investigation."

Chris was much more cheery than before and Jack was happy to see that. After all her mood swings could affect his health.

"So what do you need us to do? I've brought all of SG-6 with me so, you can slave them around for a bit."

Carter smiled at her best friend.

"Well, I'll give them a list of things to do and I've got a special job for you Major Carter."

"Sounds promising, what is it?"

"I need you to create a data bank with all the Tok'ra member's DNA and Fingerprints."

"Are they gonna let you do that?"

"I've already spoken wit the high council, before you came and the rest of my guys were doing some work. They'll allow it. They don't know what finger printing is so basically they're fascinated."

"This'll be fun."

"Why don't you get started? I've created a main frame so it you do the details? Then, send people to collect samples, it'll be great."

"Sure thing."

Carter enthusiastic as ever and sat on a laptop, making a start to the database, without question, trusting the judgement of the experienced Major Benton.

Chris stood thoughtful and amazed at the young Major's enthusiasm. Chris had to wonder if she was taking the right course of action. Creating the data back meant she was attempting to find the killer. Finding the killer meant, overriding the primary objective and reaching for the unofficial, unauthorised. But then again what was important? Justice or simple orders? Chris decided then and there, in an un-military like fashion of thinking. She would catch the killer if she could but first she would make sure that Makepeace was out of high waters. She wasn't sure about it earlier but now Chris was assured with the relatively strong forensic evidence that Colonel Makepeace was not responsible. With a few more experiments she would have concrete evidence, which would allow her to catch the killer and not prove the innocence of the bystander.

"What do you want me to do?"

"I'll be most grateful if you could sit down and help Captain Zenner. He's cataloguing all the things found in the crime scene. You could help out."

Daniel and Teal'c soon disappeared and Chris turned to face her Colonel. He didn't look all that happy. Chris knew that Jack was upset with her but she pretended not to care. Her pride had been damaged in the end of the day and

she was gong to make him beg for her mercy later.

Tuesday 30th September
0301 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
SGC personnel Base Area

"How's it going Sam?"

"It's okay. Now I'm in the stage to go and collect samples and create the damm thing."

"Good. Any idea what you want to call it? Every data bank has a name."

"I'm thinking about the BENTON Classification. After it's creator."

"I didn't create it, you did."

"It was you who thought of it. So how about it major?"

"If that's what it gets called then so be it. Start collecting samples Carter. And I think you can take Daniel and the rest of your team with you. Have they interviewed anyone yet?

"Just one person, so far. They had all disappeared or something. Ask Sergeant Craig over there."

Carter answered clearly distracted by the computer screen in front of her. Carter had brought her own laptop to work on.

"Thanks Carter."

Chris quickly walked over to the Sergeant whom Carter indicated to.

"Sergeant, major Carter said you interviewed someone."

"Um yes ma'am. I got the names from Dr Lewis. He told me to interview the person who found her."

"What did he say?"

"Actually the person who found her was a lady. She's called Seionaid. And her symbiote is Cornan."

"What did you ask her?"

"Uh, a number of things actually."

The Sergeant seemed a little nervous in the presence of Chris and Chris was finding it peculiar. After searching in his pockets he produced a small note pad.

"I asked her about what time she found her, her first impression, the position of the body. All that. It's all there."

"Thank you Sergeant, good work. You're very helpful. Where's the rest of the team?

They're gone searching for more people to interview with Dr Lewis."

"Good."

Chris walked across the base area and stood before her temporary office. The so-called office had plastic layers diving it from the rest of the base area. She unzipped the plastic barrier. She took a seat in front of her work desk. Members of SG-6 neatly set up the workstation and her laptop was connected into a power pack and switched on. Chris read the notes. The neat writing of the sergeant caused a smile to crease along her lips. It was good to see something hand written and not plainly typed. Then like a light bulb lighting a thought crossed her mind. It was a strange sort of recognition. The kind of feeling you got when you knew things were going their way. Chris felt it. After all the year in forensic medicine she felt certain that she could solve the crime. Actually that was not an option. Too many things were at stake. She thought of Makepeace again and sighed. Thanks to him her friendship with her own colonel was broken,. She wondered if she could repair it but it would have to wait. At least until the investigation was over. They had, had far too many shouting sessions for her liking. Chris gave herself a bitter smile. Opposites attract. Wasn't that the case at the start? Although they had the same hobbies and liking in terms of hobby they were completely different. And look what kind if effect opposites really had. Chris sat in front of her laptop, staring into a blank screen. Maybe she was biased like Jack said. Maybe it was true that she didn't really want the results to the paternity test. She thought for another minute. She wanted to talk to someone with a different perspective. 'Stargazer' came into mind. The friendly guy whom she met in a chat room. The same person who gave her advise and led her into joining the Stargate programme although he didn't know about it. It had been a week or so. She had been so busy in the SGC that she had hardly any chance to talk to him now. Her thoughts now focussed on what stargazer would say to her in a situation like this. Chris was not the type to listen someone else and never decide own her own but on this occasion she truly had no idea what to think. Then after taking a series of deep breaths Chris called out loudly through the plastic covers.

"Lieutenant Connelly?"

The young Lieutenant was immediately at Chris' side, awaiting her orders.

"Did you do get the results on the urine test?"

"Yes ma'am. I got it just a couple of minutes ago."

"Good."

Chris sat there, staring into the blank screen again.

"Ma'am?"

The young Lieutenant questioned wondering why his boss was so distracted.

"Uh, why don't you hand me the report."

"Is that all ma'am?"

Gain Chris was lost in thoughts. Her next course of actions questioned both her judgement and cohesion.

" No, collect a sample of the DNA a from the foetus, inside the body and run a paternity test on it."

"A foetus major?"

Lieutenant Connelly asked in a shocked tone.

"Yes, the victim was pregnant. 5 to 6 weeks. Run a test and bring it back to me. Only me. Is that understood?"

"Yes ma'am."

Gil Connelly left in haste and Chris was once again left with her thoughts. Was she doing the right thing?

Her train of thoughts then led to Jack O'Neill's whereabouts. She had sent hin on an errand to go and find Selmak/Jacob, for Carter. Her thoughts were disturbed when she heard all the delightful laughter going on outside her office.

Tuesday 30th September
0355 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
SGC Personnel Base Area

"So, you're not away on a mission dad?"

Carter was just parting from her father's arms when Jack saw Chris come out of her temporary office. He looked at her and realised how tired she looked. It had bee almost 10 hours since leaving the SGC. And by calculating carefully he realised that it was 5 in the morning on earth. His body clock was a mess already. Not to mention that Chris had not eaten or drank anything since arriving on Vorash. He knew that Special Forces trained their people for sleep deprivation and eating disorder but they had never prepared anyone for betrayal or personal fallouts between best friends.

"Jacob, I wanted you to see Sam, while she was here and I needed you to help her out with some of the stuff she's doing."

Chris voiced herself, sounding calm and collective although she was tired. It had been 24 hours since she last shut her eyes.

"Yeah, Colonel O'Neill came and got me."

Jacob smiled at her.

2I didn't really get a chance to talk to you earlier. How are you doing?"

"I'm fine. I'm just a little busy. Sam could you explain the stuff to General Carter? I need to go see captain Zenner and Daniel. See hoe they're doing."

"Okay, sure thing. I was hoping if I could take them to collect the samples. This is going to take a while, but the whole Benton classification, thing. It's gonna be cool when it's finished."

"The Benton Classification?"

"Yea, the finger print and DNA data bank. I named after the Major Sir. Don't you think it sounds cool?"

Carter pointed out to Jack and Chris smiled at her.

"Okay Carter see you. I'll get Daniel on to it."

Jack watched her go. In her BDUs Chris looked so feminine and fragile. No one else thought so because she was putting up the good soldier routine but he knew. He wanted to comfort her and say sorry for the things he said but didn't mean. However his pride wouldn't let him. He was far too proud to lose and far too shy to ask. It was going to be one heck of a job renewing their friendship.

Tuesday 30th September
0416 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
North Corridor of Secret Tok'ra Tunnels

Chris was walked to the Armoury when Captain Sanders bumped into her in the corridor. She had ordered him to meet her in the armoury and he was heading there when he bumped into her, carrying a large paper file. When they entered the small confined space she saw SG-3's weapons neatly stacked up in the corner.

"Captain, is it usual for a single SG unit to carry around so many weapons?"

Chris questioned the Captain who had been in the SGC longer than she had.

"No not really ma'am. But you've got to remember that this is SG-3 you're talking about sir. Made up with Army Rangers, Delta Force, Special Forces and navy SEALs."

Chris gave a low chuckle, listening to the Captain's explanations. He was right. SG-3 was definitely a tough team. They had enough weapons on them to take on the entire US armed service including the National Guard and the Coast Guard.

"Have you got a 6mm revolver in there?"

"Yes ma'am. Just one."

"Okay, tell me how many bullet it has and be careful. That may be the most crucial evidence we have in proving the Colonel's innocence."

The Captain put on a pair of latex gloves and emptied the magazine, cautiously counting the bullets it contained.

"There are 3 left ma'am."

Chris was now dividing her attention between the berreta in her hand and the revolver the captain had.

"How many bullets were found on the scene?"

"Uh, let see..."

The captain looked in his files and concluded.

"Uh 8 in total were found."

Chris frowned.

"I thought that a revolver contained 7 bullets in total."

"Yes ma'am, but that's when you do this..."

The captain demonstrated, showing Chris that an extra bullet could be fired if the loader put an extra in the chamber of the gun.

Chris walked over leaving the M7 behind with the other stack of weapons channelling her focus to the revolver the captain held. She leaned over his shoulder, and murmured quietly.

"But that depends on the habit of the loader."

Chris had another good idea.

"Captain take that revolver to the lab now. Get the finger prints; lifted and look for traces of blood."

"Are you saying that this is the weapon used to kill the Tok'ra?"

"Affirmative. The weapon check shows exactly what weapons were brought here. The Tok'ra are pretty good at keeping records. Besides there is only one 6mm around here, and that's Makepeace's special. A person preference of you will."

"So, you're looking for the finger prints of the murderer?"

"Negative, we don't know who could have come in contact with it. Right now I'm looking for possibilities."

Chris said in a composed tone letting the Captain know that she meant business.

"Yes Major."

The Captain quickly gathered the things he needed and prepared to leave.

"Oh and let's hurry it up shall we, time is of the essence."

The Captain nodded briefly and dismissed himself from the room. Chris sunk down onto the floor and thought. Her mind sharper than ever. She had found a small clue to who the killer might be. And a clue was all she needed. She barked a set of orders into he radio.

"Lieutenant Connelly, this is Major Benton. Where are you right now?"

"Uh, I'm in the base area ma'am."

"Lieutenant how long would it take you to go through the gate and bring something back?"

"I'd say an hour minutes ma'am."

"Okay step on it, I want you to get a 6mm revolver. I need it ASAP."

Tuesday 30th September
0519 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
SGC Personnel Base Area

Jack had been sitting in one of the more comfortable seats for an hour, relaxing, just sitting and watching Daniel work with Carter. The first started off by collecting a sample from Martouf. 'This is the life' Jack thought as he smiled to himself. Good Old Marty being the guinea pig. Jack observed from a far. They weren't aware of his presence and continued yapping and working happily. Jacob was standing there beside his daughter waiting to be guinea pig number two.

Jack chuckled as Daniel silently pouted about Sam being too nice to Martouf and thought back to his reaction when he had discovered the truth about Daniel and Sam.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Friday 8th January

1922 Hours

Stargate Command

Base Security Control room

Jack was on the duty roaster and wondered into the base security room as he heard laughter and giggling coming from inside. The two sergeants were immediately brought to attention as the 2IC of the base walked in on them.

"What's so amusing gentlemen?"

Jack queried and immediately spotted the unusually funny episode that was taking place in the base.

"I see. You're both dismissed."

Jack told the two sergeants to go grab a coffee as he sat down on the swirly chair and watched with a shocked expression. Screen number 21 was focused on Sam Carter's lab where she was making out with a particular archaeologist.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Daniel and Sam had hit it off from the very start of being a team but Jack never expected things to turn out the way they had, neither had anyone else. Everyone was so hung up on the whole Samantha O'Neill incident that no one rally cared to look at different possibilities, After all there was never a Daniel in the alternate realities. After Sha're's death Daniel had become more and more dependant on his friends and Carter was the obvious solution. Although Daniel was not in the military the rules still applied. If they were having a relationship it was most likely that the USAF would try to split them up. So Jack stayed quiet and hoped that they would too. It was only the closest friends that Daniel confided in and SG-1 managed to work together as a tam although Daniel and Sam was more than just friends.

"Colonel O'Neill, come in. This is major Benton. Do you copy?"

"Loud and clear major go ahead"

Jack suddenly came to attention as he heard Chris' voice in his earpiece, that was attached to his radio

"I would like you to join me in the armoury Sir. I've got something to share."

Purely professional the Major's voice did not betray any signs of emotion.

"Sure. I'll be there in 15."

"Make that 10 and could you collect the folders that are in my office. They're lab results I need them to conduct a certain experiment."

"Sure. Over and out."

"Over and out Colonel."

Jack stood up and told Daniel and Carter where he as going. Waving a goodbye he told them all to keep at it.

"See you later guys. Jacob are you gonna be around?"

"Yeah sure. This is the project that Garshaw assigned me to."

"Right see you around. Keep it going."

Jack entered Chris' office and sighed. Another annoyingly neat stack of papers. He searched for two particular files that his major could have been referring to and spotted one that said, 'TOP SECRET OPERATION ZERO TOLERANCE'. That had to be it. Obviously Chris had thought of a code name while he was away sulking and moaning about her relationship with Makepeace.

"Major Benton?"

Gilbert Connelly walked in and Jack turned around and faced him.

"She's not here right now. What is it?"

"She wanted some lab results. I just got them. Where can I find her sir?"

"I'm going to meet her right now. Why don't you hand them over to me?"

"Uh, she strictly ordered that this file was to be hand delivered to her."

"Come on. I'm her CO. If she can't trust me who can she trust?"

"Yes, sir."

The young officer reluctantly handed him a file that read 'FOR YOUR EYES ONLY'. Grabbing the previous folder her got out of her office and headed towards the armoury, where Sg-3's gear was all stacked up. On his way he dropped took out a chocolate bar from his pocket. He was hungry. After all he had left the SGC in such a hurry that he wasn't able to have lunch, although going through the gate in a full stomach wasn't a good idea.

Reaching for his chocolate bar and unwrapping the caramel and peanut sweet he dropped the files onto the floor.

"Aww, crap."

Jack leant over to pick them up and realised that the files were all mixed up.

"Okay, results for urine tests page one. This goes here that goes there."

Jack was mumbling to himself as he sorted the papers. He suddenly came to a stop when he read the next set of papers.

" Paternity test. Stage 1 of pregnancy, DNA samples show that Colonel Makepeace is not the father and the biological father of the foetus is unknown. What the hell?"

Jack realised what he was looking at. Chris had ordered a paternity test. And he had doubted her professionalism and unbiased opinion. He felt rather ashamed for his lack of trust in his Major but also felt a rather chipper that Makepeace still had his morals and that for one the Colonel of SG-1 was not a dumb-ass.

"Colonel where are you?"

Chris' voice once again buzzed him his ear and was brought back to his senses.

"I'm almost there."

"Okay, but please hurry up. It's important."

"Yeah."

Jack ran the rest of the way curious as to what the whole 'important business was."

Tuesday 30th September
0558 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
Crime Scene

Almost thirty years in the military and that man lacks punctuality thought Chris as she waited for her Colonel.

"I'm here. I'm here."

Jack came rushing in with two files in his arms, kinda out of breath and smelling a lot like chocolate,

"I was waiting for the past 15 minutes what took you so long sir?"

"I uh, couldn't find the right files."

"Of course. Put these on."

Chris handed Jack a pair of latex gloves much like the pair she had on except 2 sizes bigger.

"Okay, I hate these things."

Jack frowned as he handed her the files and put on his gloves.

"Let's have a look at these results."

Jack pretended to solely concentrate on his gloves when in reality he was staring intently as his 2IC. He wanted to gauge her reaction about the paternity test and what her attitude towards him would be like.

"The result for the urine test is all normal so we'll se what these babies will do for us."

Chris handed him a revolver.

"What about it? What's this got to do with the tests?"

"Did you know that colonel Makepeace is a class A marksman in 2 rifles and this little revolver?"

"Yeah, I heard about it. Why?"

"Well, we'll know if all that's true when we do a little ballistics test."

Jack once again looked at his Major with a curious expression.

" Come on sir. Colonel Makepeace is waiting for us topside."

Tuesday 30th September
0624 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
SGC Personnel Base Area

Sam became more and more frustrated at Daniel and even worse was her father finding the whole thing funny.

"Okay, Daniel, why don't you go around and collect the blood samples if you don't like me within a feet of Martouf!"

Sam stormed off and Daniel was left standing. Martouf quietly excused himself making Daniel feel all the more worse that he wasn't the one to comfort her but to make her angry in the first place.

"Oh for the love of God. Look what I've done now."

Daniel muttered to himself and gulped when he realised that Jacob had witnessed the whole thing.

"You know women are like that."

Jacob said, unexpectedly.

"They are?"

Daniel smiled in relief, as he did not wish a friendly chat with the General about what he would do to him if he hurt her.

"You bet your ass they are. I'm still in shock about you getting together with Sam though. I always thought that she and the Colonel had a thing going."

"Don't say that. Everyone says that. And I thought that you of all people knew that they aren't each another's type."

"I've never really known actually. When she was dating that nut case Jonas Hanson, I thought she was in it for the male bravado but she's chosen the intellectual type. We never really talked about this have we?"

"No can't say we did. If been almost a year since Sam and I discovered each other. Although we never really acted on it. We stayed far away from each other emotionally but after Sha're's death, I realised that if I held out any longer I might lose her too."

"You have chosen a wise path my friend. Take care of her. She's very special."

Jacob smiled kindly at the young archaeologist and realised how him and Sam suited one another. Two of the best academics Earth had and they had achieved something that was beyond a PhD. Something much more valuable and much more important in life.

"Really? How come I just pissed her off and Marty is the one that gets to comfort her."

"You know that Sam never had any feelings for Martouf. Sympathy and Pity maybe because of what he lost in Jolinar but he'll never replace you. Sam's one of those people with strong convictions and once she decided that the feelings she had was Jolinar's and indeed not hers she made her move on you."

Daniel smiled bitterly and carried on working on the Benton classification. With the rest of the team off to collect samples from any Tok'ra they could find, he was the only one left to do. And Sam that is, who was currently inaccessible for him.

Tuesday 30th September
0638 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
Surface Area

Temporary Ballistics Test Area

"Colonel Makepeace,"

Chris and jack came topside and spotted Colonel Makepeace standing. Chris gave a professionally nod at the Tok'ra that had escorted him to the surface. Then she looked around at the surroundings. Captain Sanders had done well with her instructions.

"Okay, Colonel. We called you out here to conduct two experiments. Firstly could you load these bullets into the gun?"

Chris had 12 bullets in her hand and offered him a revolver.

"This isn't my gun."

"I know, this is what Lieutenant Connelly brought back through the gate. Yours is under custody, we're lifting finger prints on it."

Makepeace did not understand the relevance of loading a gun with shells but he did as he was instructed. As Robert began to lad, Chris clicked her fingers directing the captain's camera to the Colonel's capable and fast moving hands as he loaded the gun. Robert took 7 bullets from her hand, leaving Chris with 5 all together.

"Makepeace cocked it and handed it to her.

"There you go, piece of cake."

"Thank you colonel."

Chris then emptied the magazine putting each shell back into he hand and counting them.

"I would like you to repeat that. Captain make sure you've got all of this on tape."

Makepeace completed the task just as swiftly and efficiently without making any alterations.

"That's great. Now here's what I'd like you to do for me. Disregarding the fact that you're a marksman in this revolver I would like you to fire at that target over there."

Chris pointed at a 5 feet 9 dummy 13 feet away from him. I want you to hit the following spots."

Chris took out a small but powerful looking laser pen and made a target on the tree.

"Just fire as close as you can get it."

Makepeace and jack looked puzzled. It was an odd experiment indeed. Chris had just asked a colonel in the US marine to do a baby's job. Thirteen feet was nothing to him.

"Are you kidding me here?"

"Colonel it's important please do it."

"Hey I won the Wimbledon of course I can hit that."

"Wimbledon as in Tennis?"

Jack questioned in a sheepish sort of way.

"No smart ass, the marine shooting competition. You fire a high powered rifle over 1500 metres that's what you do."

"Jeez,"

Jack was impressed with the new piece of information but he still felt bitter about the fact that Makepeace in fact not told him about his relationship with Benton.

"Colonel, just fire would you sir?"

Make fired 3 successive shots and all of them bulls eye.

"Satisfied?"

Makepeace refused to look Chris straight in the eye after what he had said earlier in his cell. He had avoided her professional gaze from the start.

"Yes, thank you. Connelly please escort the Captain back to his cell. And thank you Lieutenant for being so helpful."

Jack had drifted towards the dummy having a closer look and trying to figure out the relevance of the whole experiment.

"Sir if you'd like to come with me."

The young Lieutenant gently tugged at the Marine's uniform.

"Wait gimme a sec."

Makepeace stepped towards Chris who was staring at the dummy intently, no doubt thinking about her master plan.

"Christine."

He whispered softly in her ear. So very close to her.

"I'm sorry. I acted, well, I acted like a jerk. Will you forgive me?"

Chris shuddered at his hot breath close to her ear. He was provoking her thought about their intimate relationship and it scared her.

"There's nothing to forgive."

She said coldly.

"I, I'm sorry about Anise. I didn't mean it for to happen...I"

Makepeace was lost for words. His articulation suddenly vanished.

"I don't know what I was thinking. It only happened once. I know that's not much of an excuse but I'm sorry. I should have been able to control myself."

"Yes you damn well should have been. After all we've been through together you just threw all if that away. How could you? I thought you had more control than that."

Chris was still staring far away into the horizon but and her expression did not show any trace of emotion yet her voice was shaky with anger and hurt.

"I know. You got me through the hard times. I am ungrateful pig, I don't deserve you, but I do want you by me."

Chris turned around then. Her anger slowly melting the words of innocence that he spoke. Although not entirely convinced he felt herself slip, staring into his blazing green eyes. It had only been hours since she promised herself she would get through the investigation and never lay eyes on Robert Makepeace again but she was slipping. It was useless to struggle.

"You didn't do it."

Chris quietly muttered under her breath now standing in close proximity.

"Do what?"

"You didn't kill her."

Makepeace's expression suddenly turned stern.

"You know that now since you carried out you're experiment?"

"No I knew it from the start. I didn't want to admit it though."

Robert smiled and marvelled at how lucky he was to have Chris.

"Thank you."

He smiled and tilted his head at the same time, gently kissing her. A brushing kiss that Chris greeted.

"God I'm so lucky to have you."

Robert sighed as he stepped away and joined the Captain who desperately pretended not to have seen anything.

Although in Earth time is was around 7 in the morning it was the other way around I the Tok'ra planet. The sunset in the alien planet was more remarkable than the ones on earth. Or it just felt that way and in a way a lot lonelier for the colonel of SG-1. Once again he was unfortunate enough to witness the interlude between his 2IC and a buddy. A strange sensation overcame him and Jack was afraid to admit what it was. It was jealousy and it was raging inside of him. It was happening all over again. He had took 6 months trying to get Carter out of his system, the change he endured when she became the leader of SG-6. This time it was Chris. He was losing yet another good 2IC and friend to someone else. It pained him to see Chris so close to Makepeace. For once he wanted to be the prince that got the beautiful princess and stop being just a 'friend'. With Carter he had quickly overcome the idea of being something more because they had been together from the start and because they were too different. Not to mention Daniel's feelings. But with Chris he didn't feel that he could accepts things quite so easily. He had definitely bonded well with her and knew that she liked him in some aspects as well but wasn't enough for him. When they went to the cinema together to see sappy romantic films or spooky horror movies he would study the expressions on face rather than watch the film. He would evaluate how she felt for different things just by observing from a far, although he had to fight the urge to hug her, to hold her hand, to comfort her, to kiss her. Now he knew the truth. She had found someone else and Jack could not see himself competing against Makepeace. It was too much and he knew what Chris wanted. No, he didn't know what Chris wanted but it didn't matter. All he knew was that she didn't want him.

After Makepeace walked away, Chris continued to stand in attention and stare at the target that Makepeace had hit. Her mind was spinning from all the new information she was carefully calculating, cataloguing, evaluating and analysing the new information. It all came together now and she knew exactly what her next move was.

Then her attention diverted to a lonesome figure sitting over the sandy dune, looking thoughtful as he stared into the bright sunset of the alien planet.

She knew she should talk to him, try and explain what was going on, at least let him understand the situation but she didn't have enough courage to. It was too much. She would leave it for now. It would be better if he came to terms with it first. Knowing Jack O'Neill, it was probably the best thing to do.

Tuesday 30th September
0746 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
Tok'ra Recreational Area

"Samantha, I've been looking for you."

Martouf spotted Carter who was sitting next to a pool of clear water.

"Martouf!"

Sam was startled. It was much like the meeting they had when they first met.

"Are you alright? You look unwell."

"I'm okay. I just needed a moment alone that's all."

Martouf grinned. Maybe it wasn't too late to have her back after all. How he missed Jolinar and Rosha. It had been a long time since he felt such affections for a woman. He sat close by her and his arms draped around Carter. In a comfortable position. Sam didn't complain but he felt her stiffen in his arms, Soon enough the Major pulled away.

"I'm sorry Martouf. I... I can't do this. I'm.... I'm with someone."

Sam said apologetically.

"Dr Jackson?"

"Yes."

"But he hurt you. That's why you look unwell."

"Yes! No!. I mean.. Dammit! I don't know what I mean."

Sam was getting frustrated. It was difficult when emotions overwhelmed her. A surge of want and attachment flooded her mind and she had to slap herself mentally to think straight.

"I mean.... Okay here we go."

Sam took a deep breath in. After saying this there would be no turning back. It would be permanent.

"I love you."

Sam said the short words and looked at Martouf whose face lit up.

"I love you as well Samantha and I want to be with you always."

Sam shook her head. It wasn't going the way she hoped.

"Please let me finish. I love you not because Samantha Carter loves you but because Jolinar of Malkshur loved you. What she left in my mind is hers only. I can't let it ruin what I have with the man that I love. The man that Sam Carter loves. I'm sure Jolinar was a great person and you were close to her but I can't give my life up because of the memory of a ...... dead person. I have to move on. I've now separated my feelings from Jolinar's. It's time you removed yours from me. Don't get me wrong I want us to be friends but I love Daniel and nothing in the world, hell the universe can change that. He's my best friend but also my lover and he is all that I want him to be. I love him for who he is and although you are a great person, I've chosen Daniel. It makes sense that way because when I'm near him I feel this overwhelming desire for him and because no one can love me or care for me like he does. I never thought that I could love someone so much. When I don't see him it's like my life means nothing and when he isn't there my heart aches for him return.. He's the one. I know he is. There's no mistake."

Carter concluded. Had she really said all those things. Things that were so hard to admit? Sam now looked in to Martouf's eyes that reflected lot of things. And thankfully none of the emotion was hate. He seemed genuinely hurt and disappointed but Sam knew that he would get over it,

'I never thought that I could love someone so much. When I don't see him it's like my life means nothing and when he isn't there my heart aches for him return. He is the one. I know he is.'

The words echoed in Daniel's head.

'Sam has told Martouf it's over. She wants me and no one else.'

Daniel's mind was clear and he knew it wouldn't get any clearer. He was now reassured and he would do what he planned to do. It would be perfect. Because she deserved nothing less.

Tuesday 30th September
0730 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
Surface Area

Chris waited for Jack to stand up. She wouldn't hurry his thinking. It wool be best of he had some time. Then suddenly she realised that there was another test result she had not yet seen.

"The paternity of the child is unknown. A direct mismatch with the sample recovered from the vaginal swab and Colonel Makepeace's sample."

Chris muttered again. Now her theory was becoming much more clearer. She now had something. The Tok'ra counsel would not this dismiss the piece of evidence so easily. It would confirm her theory.

Years of Special Forces training Jack became aware that someone was watching him. Chris no doubt. He got up and headed towards her. Dreading to let her see the expression and exposed emotion on his face

"Colonel, I've got something. I'm going to carry out another experiment but this time I'll do it with captain Sanders. You can go have a break."

Jack was genuinely pleased to hear that. He needed a break, not because eof the workload but the load of emotions he had all neatly stacked up inside.

"Sure, I can do that."

Chris nodded briefly and as they walked toward the ring device that would take them down to the tunnels Chris asked one more thing of him.

"I almost forgot. General Hammond wanted me to check in but I can't. Would you like to print a copy of the report from my lap top and check in with the General?"

"Yeah sure, I can do that."

Jack had the ulterior motive. He wanted nothing more than to go home. Watch a hockey game then fall asleep drunk.

"Are you going to go through the gate or stay here."

"I'll go through. You don't need me much right now anyway."

"If that's what you want then, go ahead Colonel."

"I'll go get geared up. Take what I need huh?"

Jack said wondering if Chris wanted to say anything to him, considering her current relationship with Makepeace. But no further remarks came.

Tuesday 30th September
0836 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
SGC Personnel Base Area

"Sir, is there something wrong?"

Carter questioned upon looking at the worried expression of Jack O'Neill.

"Oh it's nothing."

Jack bypassed her telling himself that he would not let jealousy invade his small brain.

"Sir, who are you trying to kid? I know you well enough that it's not 'nothing'. You can talk to me sir. You know that don't you?"

Sam was extremely concerned now. All she needed was a bottled up Jack O'Neill. Although he wasn't her commanding officer anymore she cared from him, a lot. He was one of her friend and also the best friend of her lover. She wanted to help in the ways she could.

"Okay, then Carter, Is Chris just like that to me or is she always so damn cranky in investigations?"

Jack had a sudden outburst surprising both Carter and himself.

"Sir did something happen between you and Chris?"

"Yes! No! Of course not. I mean, she well... she doesn't see me that way."

Carter smiled. Her old friend and her Colonel were falling for each other and they didn't even know it.

"Of course sir."

Sam tried desperately to stifle her smiled but found it difficult to.

"Sir you should talk to her. She likes you. She always has."

Now Jack was really pissed.

"Well, if she liked me so much then maybe she shouldn't have spent nights on end with Makepeace. I should have known. I thought we were friends. I thought friends tell each another stuff like that."

This time Carter was shocked. She knew that Chris would probably like a guy like Makepeace but not enough to sneak around.

"Sir, I doubt that's what's going on. It's probably something else."

Carter reassured him at the same time reassuring herself.

"Yeah sure what ever you weren't the one watching them share a moment. I was so sure that I was gonna be sick."

Carter smiled bitterly this time. Was Chris really capable of this or was it all a misunderstanding. She would interrogate her later, one way or another, for now all she had to do was calm the angry Jack down.

"Sir, whatever she did I'm sure there is a logical explanation but right now I think you should calm down and think this through."

Jack smiled bitterly yet again. Carter, the voice of logic. He would listen to her for now, but when the time came he would get the answers. For all his questions.

"Right, you're right. I've got better th8ngs to do, like following her orders."

"Orders sir?"

Carter was surprised to hear the Colonel say such words.

"Well, instructions. Listen love to talk more but I gotta run. See ya."

Jack dashed off, refusing to answer any of Carter's questions or elaborate any further on the situation.

Sam still wore the worried and concerned expression on her face as she watched Jack run towards the base area. To the computers no doubt. Was it just her or were all men paranoid and jealous.

Tuesday 30th September
0856 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
SCG Personnel Base Area

Jack was glad that he was able to escape Carter. Indeed Sam knew him too well and it would be frightening if he had to answer all his questions. Jack once again entered Chris's office and looked around for her laptop. He would take what he needs and leave it one the planet, it would be put to better use. Jack switched the computer on as he slumped downed on one of the uncomfortable seats the Tok'ra provided them with. When the computer was fully activated Jack focussed on the job at hand.

"Let see where would she write her reports."

Jack clicked on the Microsoft Office 2000 icon and waited. A black screen came up and wondered what folder the reports would be under. Knowing Chris she had probably labelled them neatly. Jack was about to transfer the data that he had found onto a floppy disk until he saw an icon flashing in the corner. Jack clicked on it.

"You have mails."

The deep voice of the computer announced. It was funny because Jack new that there was no Internet connection available, but then again this icon would have activated it there was an unread message as well.

"Two messages awaiting."

With much curiosity and even forgetting that he was invading Chris's privacy he opened the first file.

Original Message From: rmakepeace@hotmail.com

Received at: 11/11/01 1328 hours

Message Received By: chrissibenton@USAF.DoD.com

Subject: Hey!

Hey Chris,

I haven't got time to go and find you. I just wanted to say see ya, 'cos I'm shipping out to escort the Tok'ra people. Johnson's a diplomat of sorts Hammond says we should take care of it. Anyway I just wanted to say thank you for pulling me out of it recently I really mean that. We haven't been exactly what a couple should be considering you always hang out with O'Neill but I'm really glad you're in the background. You saved my ass big time you know? You do know that I can say all this because it's in writing and I don't have to say it. The fact is however I say it, you saved me, my career, my cute butt, and you probably saved me from destroying myself as well. You're one hell of a woman. I really care for you. I'm a real jerk and even though I don't deserve you I would like you to be my girlfriend. Officially I mean. None of that I care for you as a friend period. When I told you that I loved you the other night I really meant it. I want everything, the whole package you know? No jerking around and none of that sneaking stuff either. I'm not afraid to ask anymore. You've been real patient with me and I'm so glad I found you when I did. So when I come back, we're going to tell everyone that we've been together, okay? If you wanna talk before then just tell me.

Yours always

Robert

Jack was stunned. Carter was right. There was a logical explanation. It wasn't all clear just yet but it was beginning to make sense a little more than it did an hour ago. There was no long-term affair. She had not slept with him. However they were going that way, maybe still are. It helped though to know that Chris was not Makepeace's just yet. Any what was all the ' saving my career' bit all about? Was there something clandestine that Robert was involved with that he didn't care to tell in the drinking parties they had together? Jack clicked on the next message maybe it would reveal more.

Original Message From: stargazer@prodigychat.com

Received at: 12/11/01 1221 hours

Message Received By: smartdoc@prodigychat.com

Subject: Haven't heard from you in a long while.

Dear Doc

Hey haven't heard from you ion a while. I've been busy too but what are you up to these days? You never really came onto the chartroom that much recently. You gave me this e-mail address since our last contact and I was hoping to hear from you. I just wanted to know how you're job was going. You know the one I gave friendly advise one. I'd hate it if I kind a got you into and the whole thing got screwed.

Anyway see you soon. I gotta go. Work to do

Stargazer

Jack just sat there for a moment and something else dawned in his mind as well. Why was he so stupid? Why wasn't he able to spot this sooner? He scrolled up to the top just to check the e-mail address and the receiver's e-mail address. Yes it was his and the 'Doc's'. He hadn't sent it to her by mistake. All the conversations they had over on the chartroom it was between him and his second in command, in fact it was him who had convinced her to join the SGC in the first place, without knowing of course. It was a frightening co incidence but it was enlightening at the same rime. Fate had brought them together and at that moment Jack promised himself not to give up hope. He had embraced the future thank to Chris and 'Doc'. Two same people. Two very special yet mysterious people. He would solve the problems he had and he would keep solving them because if there was a chance of him meeting Chris before they met in a chat room there was more than a snowballs chance that he would be able to become closer to her. A lot more close. Maybe to the extent the regulations would have to prevail. He would be careful of course but now he knew what had to be done. The tow piece of information he had just discovered gave him hope. A hell of a lot more than what he had two minutes ago.

Tuesday 30th September
0945 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
West Corridors of Secret Tok'ra Tunnel

"We've got almost everybody I think."

Jacob looked around as he got the last finger print slide from a guard.

"Are you sure?"

"Pretty sure."

Jacob replied to his daughter.

"What about the high council members?"

"I don't think they'll like it."

"Dad, they don't have a choice. They made a deal with Chris, they can't back out now. It's a simple blood test for Pete's sake"

Sam moaned and Jacob smiled. His daughter was good at his job and seemed to get better day by day.,

"Okay I'll go get them. Why don't you stay here and rest awhile?"

"No I need to go find Daniel, Haven't seen him around."

Sam sighed thinking about the argument she would have with Daniel once she found him

"He loves you, you know."

Jacob said casually filing the samples.

"I know he does."

Sam bypassed thinking out loud, but soon came to his senses.

"How do you know? He never told me before."

"Well he told me."

Sam was really quiet shocked. She hoped that she would be the first to know that after Daniel of course but her father!! It was the exact scenario she had been expecting.

"He told you? How come he didn't tell me?"

"Maybe he was afraid that you don't feel the same."

"Are you kidding? I love Daniel with a passion if no one noticed."

Jacob smiled. He had cracked his daughter. Samantha Carter, the military brat had just admitted that she was in love.

"Tell him that."

Carter sighed. Now embarrassed by the information she had just handed over to her father.

Tuesday 30th September
1022 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
SGC Personnel Base Area

Chris hurriedly walked into the base area where Captain Zenner was finishing up he's test results on the gunpowder from Colonel Makepeace's uniform.

"How's it going captain?"

"I've just finished actually. All the clothes and the forensic evidence you turned up with. I take it you told Lieutenant Connelly to make the paternity test a top priority. I had quite a few samples to get through."

"Okay. I'm kinda too tired to read. Why don't you hit me with them."

Chris said slightly distracted as she prepared all the apparatus for her next experiment.

"Uh let see. There was no gunpowder residue on the Colonel's uniform. At least the not on the one he was wearing in his cell. Zilch. He's been nowhere near action. I did find some on the older uniform though. That in had some on his t-shirt but not on his jacket. By the look of things only one or two shots were fired wearing that and even if he did it was at least 3 days ago. The residue is old, and the radius completely contradicts the 'apparent murder weapon' that Captain Sanders is working on now."

" Contradicts? What's that supposed to mean?"

"I mean the radius of the residue ma'am. Each gun has a unique signature with gunpowder residues. It kinda shows if you know what I mean. The gun powder residue left on the older uniform is two small in radius unless left by a revolver 6 mm, from any angle or distance."

"What about his boots?"

"None. And what's interesting is there is no blood splatter. What's the approximate distance between the suspect and the body? What was your preliminary exam major?"

"8 to 11 feet."

"Right. Now that's a fairly small distance ma'am. Especially to be shooting. If someone shot multiple shots at a person from that distance..."

"You'd get blood splattered over you."

"Exactly I used Alkali permanganate peroxide to find blood."

"That's the stuff that makes blood look blue in the dark right?"

"Yes, it illuminates it. Well back to the story, there was none. I've never seen anything like it. There is no way he could have wiped it that clean."

Chris was satisfied by the work the captain had done. Like she thought before she as getting closer to the truth.

"What about the samples from the body?"

"Um they were a little more complicated but I managed to get them all. The microscopic salt crystals you found, they were tears. No doubt about it. I ran a test and I think it's safe to assume it belonged to the victim. The skin under the nail, well that belonged to Colonel Makepeace. It gave us a 100% match. I'm thinking it happened when they were.."

"I get the point. What about the semen? Did you get a positive DNA match?"

"Yes, Another 100% match with the Colonel."

Captain Zenner concluded and Chris was relieved that it was the end. But she was pleased that the result of the gunpowder tests was consistent with her own results. Colonel Makepeace had not fired the gun, someone else had killed her.

Tuesday 30th September
1049 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
Sub section SGC Personnel Base Area

"You think you can handle all that Lieutenant?"

Jack asked Carter's 2IC in a slightly guilty tone as he handed him a large file.

"Yes sir. All you want me to do is pass this on to the general and give him a little taste of what's going on."

The Lieutenant was young, fresh from the academy but looked reliable enough. Right now Jack didn't ant to tale to Hammond, he wanted to be near Chris. He wanted to apologise for being a jerk and support her. After all it was the least he could do for her, after the way he hurt her. After the way he misinterpreted her.

Tuesday 30th September
1122 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
Crime Scene

Chris was now deeply focused. She set up her experiment. She had another dummy, this time a wooden one standing right in from of her. She had assembled it from the box it came it. She wrote, 'victim' on the waist area of the dummy with her marker pen. Happy with her handy work Chris stepped back. Approximating the distance she was happy to know that her calculations were correct. The dummy was exactly 10 feet away from her laser beam that was mounted on top of a tripod. This was her favourite way of finding a missing bullet. After she was sure of the distance stepped towards the ricochet that Captain sanders had described earlier and mounted a mirror onto the side of the bedside table directly over the ricochet. She ran back hurriedly, not able to take the suspense. She directed the narrow but intensive ray of the laser to the centre of the mirror. The laser immediately deflected according to the known high school physics and hit the surface of a piece of furniture. What resembled an armchair. Chris hurried towards it like a kid in the candy store and with her latex covered fingers gently searched for the missing bullet. With a short gasp she removed her hands from within the cushion like material and retrieved a shiny piece of metal. The mysterious bullet/ It had been there n the scene all along, dormant but present. Well hidden perhaps because of someone's bad shooting skills.

Jack watched fascinated from afar. He had been standing silently for almost 5 minutes, admiring his 2IC at work. She was extraordinary. She moved fast and relentlessly never talking her eyes off anything for any reason, fully focused, Perhaps that was what made her the best medical examiner. Always focused, always accurate. After a few minutes she seemed to have fond something. Peering at the sight of her Jack once again realised how painfully beautiful she looked even when she was tired.

Chris became aware of someone staring at her. She wasn't sure whom so she turned back diverting her attention away from the bullet she recovered just for a second.

"Something I can do for you Colonel? I thought you said that you were going through the gate."

"I was but I changed my mind. I sent Carter's 2IC, what's his name?"

Still Chris didn't seem very much interested in him and Jack was a little disappointed."Well if you're gonna sat here, you're gonna have to work."

"I will. So what are my orders?"

Jack asked with a nice smile on his face, which Chris thought was strange considering the many rows they had in the past 48 hours.

"You'll get them when Captain Sanders brings back the weapon used in the murder."

"You've got the gun?"

Jack asked with much enthusiasm

"Yes, he's lifting the prints off them now. I need to get out of here and put this bullet under a microscope."

Chris was still distracted and paid little attention to the changed attitude of Jack O'Neill.

"What for?"

Jack questioned in a curious and playful tone not known to his 2IC

"Each bullet has it's own signature depending on the gun used. I need to check that this bullet was fired from the same gun."

Chris exited the room and Jack quickly followed.

"I wanna apologise."

Chris was thinking about something else but when Jack's words clearly vocalised she stooped in mid stride.

"What did you just say?"

"I'm sorry okay, for acting like a jerk since we got here."

Jack said with much sincerity.

"Really?"

"Yes, I should have been more patient, more understanding of the situation and well, more trusting."

Jack admitted and Chris was still baffled.

" I never expected you to apologise to me."

" Well, maybe you don't know me as well as you should."

The words echoed in Chris' mind.

Maybe you don't know me as well as you think you do..."

It was what Jack had said before he had asked her to dance. Almost 6 months ago, she remembered clearly. The lurking memory was now lurching to her side and now she allowed is to walk unhindered. They had been good friends over the short period of time. She remembered when they went to see movies together, when they went walking together in the colourful autumn woods of Colorado, when they were kick boxing together, when they teased each other about the paper work they had to do, when he saved her life by taking the bullet for her and when he danced with her. She felt better.

"I didn't mean to say the things I did. I discredited your professionalism, when I should have been the most trusting being your CO and everything. I abused my position and I threatened you. I was so personally involved that I insulted you. I even said that you didn't have feelings. I was wrong and I'm sorry. If you hate me then I can't blame you. If you decided that we can never be friends again I can't argue but I want you to know, that you're none of the things I said you were. I was out of line, way out of line. I can't tell you how sorry I am."

"I honestly don't know what to say to that."

Chris was indeed lost for words. She had expected spiteful comments from him never mind an apology.

"Say what you feel."

Jack stood in front of her, maybe a little too close for comfort. Chris' breathing quickened and Jack noticed.

"I...I. ... I guess I believe you."

Simple words brought tears to Jack's eyes and at the same time a smile brightened up Chris's feature. It wasn't an electric kind of smile but it was a comforting one and Jack was so very glad to see it.

"Thank you. Could you ever forgive me?"

Jack hugged her and brought her close.

"Of course I will, how can I not?"

Chris' whispered in Jack's arms, her own voice husky as her eyes began to water. She closed her eyes letting the tears drop freely to the ground. She breathed his scent and realised that she could not possibly stay angry with jack O'Neill. He was far too wonderful. He smelled of pine forests in the summer. A fresh cool smell but spicy at the same time. It was intoxicating and she felt dizzy with the embrace.

Jack was marvelling at how lucky he was. How special she was and amazed at her ability to forgive. If it was anyone else they would have abandoned him long ago but Chris had been his friend, although for a short time a true one. One that he could not lose, not any longer. As he held her he felt like he could fly. It was just a brilliant feeling. He wished that he could stay like that forever. Then it hit him. She was not his too hold. She was with Makepeace. No matter how he looked at it, it was the truth a truth that would be extremely difficult to alter. but none the less the one he would attempt. And to add to the problem there were regulations, something equally as impossible. Jack shook the thoughts out of head. He was holding her now and that's all that mattered. He would think bout the monsters later, after he finished cuddling his princess.

"What the hell is going on here?"

Captain Sanders murmured to himself as he saw the tow ranking officers hugging. It wasn't exactly very military. This was really strange considering what he had heard from Connelly; that the good Major had her tongue down Colonel Makepeace's throat an hour ago. If she wanted career advancement she better do it a little mores discreetly with that method, Sanders though to himself.

"Uh,"

Sanders cleared his throat and made his entrance. Allowing the tow superior officers to pull apart.

"Captain."

Colonel O'Neill was the first to regain his composure and the still major looked a little flushed.

"What can I do for you?"

"I've finished with my finger prints on the gun. I've got it here with me."

Captain Sanders handed an evidence bag to Chris and Chris, who had now returned to normal, gave a new set of orders.

" That's good. Captain I've recovered the missing bullet from the scene. I want you to take these and put them under a microscope, make sure they're the bullets from the same gun."

"Is that necessary?"

Jack questioned and Chris gave a logical answer.

"Well it's unlikely that it's from any other but when you're writing reports you have to have hard proof suggesting that you're evidences are indeed genuine gun sir."

Jack nodded thoughtfully and smiling a little Chris turned her attention to the Captain.

"You can get started with that. Was there anything else?"

"Yes ma'am, General Carter said that the High Council wishes to speak with you."

"Okay, I've got all the stuff I need, Shall we Colonel?"

Chris tugged at jack's jacket and they walked together to the council chambers leaving the Captain behind.

Tuesday 30th September
1232 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
Council Chambers

"Thank you for complying to our requests on such short notice, major Benton."

Selmak gave the formal introduction as Chris and jack entered the council chamber. This time a large round table was placed in the middle and both of the earth representatives were offered a seat."

"We would like to hear of your progress."

Garshaw stated this time. Chris took a deep breath and prepared to give her talk.

"During the course of last 72 hours I have conducted experiments and tests. As most of you are aware I brought instruments that would allow me to do this through the gate. I'm afraid I don't have multiple copies of the test results but I have just concluded that Colonel Makepeace did not kill Anise and her host."

"How so?"

A younger member of the Tok'ra questioned with a curious face, as did the others.

"My first clues were given to me in the autopsy. I have pictures in that file that show the wounds the victim died of."

Chris pointed at the copy of the file that she brought with her.

"Through careful observation I have concluded that the cause of death was strangulation not gun shot wounds. That first tells me that the murderer is one with great strength."

Jack observed her as she spoke skilfully in front of the council. She was fluent yet not speaking in a hurried tone, taking her time and relaxed. She was the kind of person who held one's attention mentally, visually and verbally. Nobody could dare take his or her eyes off here while she was speaking.

"Do we know the exact time of death?"

"Yes and they are consistent with the witness testimonies of a few Tok'ra who heard gunshots. The host dies first and then the symbiote."

"How do you know that Anise was not under the influence of drugs or even asleep when this happened. Could it not explain that the Colonel did in fact strangle her even when she is the stronger among the two?"

"We found no traces of any drugs and we know that she was not asleep because she had tears streaming down her face. Tiny microscopic salt crystals tell me that she was crying when she was killed."

"That is not evidence enough for us to release Colonel Makepeace."

The young Tok'ra member commented again. Jack looked at him. The Tok'ra was barely in his 30s, maybe the same age as Marty. He had sort of an innocent face too, but the host's appearance was deceiving it was the symbiote that would have the knowledge of the so-called innocent man. Jack then diverted his attention to another representative. A replacement for Kadesh, he had heard. A man in his 50s looking grim and serious. It wasn't the most pleasant faces in the world. And when the Tok'ra realised that the Colonel was intently staring at him, he stared back. Giving Jack a chill and causing him to stare at Chris again. There you go, much better.

" Colonel Makepeace is a marksman in the particular gun that was used in the murder. Now the murderer missed several times in fact and I don't believe that it was the Colonel who fired the shots. He had more than the ability to blow her brains out but he didn't, because he was not the one to fire the shots. There is really no logical explanation as why the Colonel would miss deliberately. What is more the numbers of bullets loaded by Colonel Makepeace are inconsistent with the bullets, which we retrieved. In a revolver there are two possibilities. You can load a gun with 6 or 7 bullets I have confirmed that only 6 bullets were loaded each time, when Colonel Makepeace loads seven. It's a matter of habit and obviously with all the evidence put together I would say that the murderer using the gun was highly unskilled in the instrument."

Many of the Tok'ra showed signs of discomfort. They all knew what that meant. They had accused an innocent man and endangered an alliance that proved itself worthy. They also had another problem but none of them dared to speak, but Chris did.

"There is a murderer among you. I'm afraid that this is a very internal sort of crime, a definite crime of passion."

Garshaw looked baffled, as did Jacob. They had not expected this.

"Are you sure that the murderer is among us and not one of yours?"

Garshaw questioned and Chris was glad that someone had asked the million-dollar question

"There is no doubt about. Forensic evidence also shows that the Colonel has been nowhere near a gun since a day before the murder. We found no distinct gun powder residue on the clothes that he was wearing, therefore displacing him form the scene of the crime."

Chris paused and looked around. Placing great weight on each of the council's shoulder.

"The murderer is definitely one of yours. I'm still carrying out a test that will show who touched the gun used in the crime but I can tell you I will co operate fully to find the killer."

This surprised Jack. General Hammond had made clear that proving Makepeace innocent was the official target, and everything else secondary. Why was she taking unnecessary risks when she didn't have to? Why was she so willing to find the killer, putting her career on stake. If the Tok'ra got a bad impression from her and she was unable to deliver what she promised to them it would be the end of the line for Chris. None the less jack didn't feel that he could stop her. Not when she was doing the right thing and certainly not when she had so much power over everyone in the room.

"Is it necessary to find the killer? If he or she did commit the crime I'm sure it was a mistake of sorts. They would be regretting it terribly by now."

One of the female Tok'ra stated this time and Chris almost laughed at the ridiculous suggestion. But soon her amusement turned into anger.

"A mistake? Begging the council's pardon, how can you possibly say that when there is a body lying on my operating table? A body that has been brutalised, and riddled with bullets. This 'mistake' almost ruined the life of an officer, one of the finest I have ever encountered. You were prepared to take a life for life when the accused was one of ours and now you're saying that the murderer can be forgiven and forgotten because he or she is a Tok'ra? But what's more, blood has been shed. The blood of an innocent young Tok'ra. Because of some selfish being, a woman is dead. A life taken. Now I ask you is this how an advanced society functions? Because if this is the way this case ends the people of earth will no longer consider the Tok'ra advanced. Our definition of 'advanced' lies elsewhere! And as I quote, ' regretting it terribly?' Spare me. If the murderer is regretting it so much then maybe he or she should have come forward. Because if this investigation was not carried out I'm sure that Colonel Makepeace would have suffered greatly."

The majority of the council wore a look of embarrassment yet a few of them refused to show it. They had too much pride to admit that such things could happen to them. Chris took a tight reign on her emotions so that things wouldn't get out of control. She knew that she was being slightly forceful but she also knew that the Tok'ra needed a subtle push.

"I have given you enough evidence to prove Colonel Makepeace innocence. Operation ZERO TOLERANCE has achieved its original target by proving that. However I'm offering to catch the killer and put an end to the injustice that has taken place and will continue to exist if not taken care of now."

Each of the Tok'ras looked at one another and Jacob decided to put an end to the anonymous decision-makings.

"Thank you major for your co operation and your work. We appreciate the offer very much. We will take this matter and consider it with heavy priority. For now please give us time to come to an agreement. You have been most helpful.

Chris nodded briefly at every one of them and collected her materials to leave. Jack aided and her and was about to walk out to the corridor when Chris stopped briefly and added a comment.

"Nulli Vendemus, nulli negabimus aut differemus, rectum aut justitiam."

Jacob glanced at her, as did the other Tok'ra.

"To no one will we sell, to no one will we deny, or delay, right or justice. It's an extract from a famous sort of constitution, Magna Carta. I hope that all of you remember these words as you are making decisions."

Tuesday 30th September
1300 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
Sub section of the Tok'ra Council Chambers

Waiting Area

Jack and Chris was lead away from the council chambers by a guard. They didn't say anything to each other because they both had too much to think about. But what a surprise Jack O'Neill., broke the silence.

"I was proud of you in there."

Chris snapped to attention.

"What did you say Colonel? I'm sorry I didn't catch it there."

Jack smiled understandingly,

"I said I was proud of you. You did a brilliant job. Better than anyone else could have. You really are a cut above the rest."

Chris looked away a little embarrassed by the compliments her CO offered.

"No. I really mean it. You're too modest. You're one hell of a medical examiner never mind a major. I'm so glad that you're my 2IC. I was even more impressed when you stood and told them that you would find the killer. Even if it's not the best of decisions career wise it's the morale one. You made the right decision and I'll back you all the way. It's the least we can do for the victim."

Chris smiled brightly this time.

"It means a lot for me to hear you say that."

Jack looked back at her. She was beautiful when she smiled. Her entire feature brightened up and she looked almost innocent even after all the horrors she had seen as a soldier and a medical examiner. A normal person would have broken down long ago with just one set of her memories and it made jack wonder how she was able to sleep at night, with her torturous memories.

"You look tired."

Jack carefully commented.

"It's okay. It's only been a day."

"Yeah, but still that's a long time Chris. It might not feel that way because you're mind is so occupied but when this is over you'll take ages trying to recover. You haven't slept in 48 hours. Never to mention your lack of eating. You can't think straight of you don't get some rest. And we don't like that now do we?"

Jack had changed his tone slightly trying to convey a little authority but no such luck.

"I can't sleep now, I haven't got time."

Jack gave a silent sigh. If he couldn't convince her to shout her eyes then he would have to make her sit down and eat something.

"Okay, then. Why don't we go grab something to drink and I've got tons of chocolate in my pocket."

"You have a deal."

Chris smiled as she watched jack take off for some drinks from the base area. she decided to seat tight and wait in the small waiting room area provided until he returned.

Her mind was filled with so many questions but just as many answers and theories. First her thoughts were about the case, whether or not the BENTON Classification would prove itself to be useful. Then her mind drifted else where, to Makepeace. Had she really forgiven him>She had done so much for him there was no doubting that, but she still wondered if she had done enough for him. If she was enough for him. And suddenly she came to think about her Colonel. They had not finished talking and had been interrupted by Captain Sanders. She wondered if she could hold him again.

"Hey, a penny for those thoughts?"

Jack came in juggling cans of soft drinks in his hands.

"Here, diet Coke right? Shame you can't have a little screwdriver. You're on duty right?"

Jack chuckled remembering Chris's lap dance from six months ago. She had been tipsy thanks to the screw drivers and hadn't touched one since. He sat beside her in one of the low benches and stared into the clear liquid that was contained inside what suspiciously resembled a spa.

"I've got a caramel and peanut bar or fruit and nuts. What do you want?"

Chris slowly reached for one of the chocolate bar just realising how hungry she really was. She had barely eaten anything besides the snack bars that Sam handed her earlier in the day.

"Thanks."

Chris felt a dizziness coming on as she drank her Coke. It was not a good sign. Maybe jack was right after all maybe she did need some sleep.

"I bet you're thinking 'Jack was right. I am tired right now'."

Jack said quietly startling Chris with his ability to read her thoughts,

"How did you know that? Are you telepathic now?"

"No you had a sort of ' I hate it when I'm wrong' expression on your face."

Jack chucked deep in his throat as Chris pulled another face.

"Why don't you lie down? Close you're eyes for a little while. You don't have to sleep just relax for a couple of minutes. It can't hurt."

Chris showed her agreement in a nod. She gently laid herself on the narrow bench, stretching her body that now seemed old. She was pleasantly surprised when jack lifted her head and placed it on his leg. He was trying to make her comfortable. How every sweet and thoughtful the Colonel. Chris closed her eyes but still felt the Colonel's intensive gaze on her skin. Lying in a rather intimate posture Chris thought about what it would be like to fall asleep by Jack every night. Although she scaled herself for having such thoughts they didn't go away. Jack O'Neill was a handsome man. A great body and a personality to go with it. But the truth was she was with someone else and he dint see her that way. At least that's what she kept on telling herself. When she felt as hand brushing her face lightly she forced open the tired eyes and looked up at him. He had never looked so gentle so, caring. It was a whole new Jack and it scared her. Incase she felt thing, emotions she shouldn't feel.

" I'm sorry for not telling you about Robert."

Jack knew that this conversation would take place sooner or later but he just didn't think that Chris would be the one to start it.

"You don't have to explain. It's your relationship, I don't have any authority over that."

His understanding touched Chris. It meant a lot.

"Yes I do. I want you to know that I didn't want to keep it a secret but the circumstances they were all wrong and I couldn't afford a leak. The thing is Maybourne approached me. I was new in the SGC and I had a lot of political background so he wanted me to join his rogue team and steal technology for him. I began to wonder who else he would approach so I pretended to play along. I had my own independent sting operation. I found out about Makepeace and I changed him. I wanted him to truly comprehend that what he was doing was wrong. Maybourne beggared off after we black mailed him."

Chris paused for a second trying to gauge Jack's reaction but when she couldn't find anything she continued.

"Robert and I met like that and we've been at it since the last two month. We understood each other and we wanted to be together."

This time Jack asked a question.

"I thought he was married."

"He was. He separated with his wife recently. He was going through a real rough stage and wanted to be with someone. And what's more I needed to be with someone."

Everything was falling into its right place. The E-mail that Makepeace had sent Chris and it's contents seemed now to make sense. But when Chris revealed that she was lonely jack regretted it deeply that he couldn't help her.

"I'm sorry. I should have known that you were lonely. I just assumed that my company was enough. Obviously you needed something much more than that."

Jack said sincerely and Chris was trying her best so that he wouldn't notice the tears welling up in her eyes.

"No, you were special, I just needed a man in my life and I found Robert. It was a perfect try. Don't think for one minute that I didn't enjoy having you around. I found things in you that I can't possibly look for in Robert."

Jack frowned. Now he was feeling guilty. He had read her private messages and knew more than he should. He sat in the uncomfortable silence trying to decide whether he should confess or try and hide it. He made a decision and cleared his throat. Willing his husky voice to vocalise.

"I have something to tell you. Something you may not like but have a right to know."

Chris turned her head to look into the eyes of her CO. Grey eyes locked with brown.

"I was transferring the data, I couldn't help but go into to your inbox. You're Microsoft messenger service was intact and an icon was flashing. I was curious. I know it isn't much of an excuse but I did what I did in curiosity and nothing else."

Chris was fully focused now, trying to figure out what the Colonel was feeling so guilty about.

"I read two new messages in your inbox. One was from Robert. It was a typical sort of love letter."

"You read my mails?"

Chris asked incredulously, it wasn't exactly the greatest crime in the world however hearing it from jack it offended her.

"I'm sorry."

Once again Jack was the first to apologise and admit his guilt. This made Chris calm down a bit.

"The second mail however was different."

"What was different about it? Who was it from?"

"It was about a guy you met in a chat room, called prodigy."

Chris sighed heavily. She was going to tell him about Stargazer and how she really joined the programme but couldn't find any decent opportunity to do so.

"That's another thing that I should have told you about. I'm sorry. It's a guy who gave me friendly advice. Nothing else. He's the one who..."

Chris was about to continue but Jack stopped her in mid sentence,.

"I understand and I believe you. He's the one who indirectly to follow your path."

"Yes."

Chris didn't think that it was worth telling him anymore when he had the basic story line in his head.

"He also said that there are those in the military who care more about honour than politics. He said that not everyone in the military is about sichophants in Washington. He said that shit happens to everyone and even good people. He told you to move on. "

Chris only nodded. She wondered how he would know everything in such detail.

"He told you to follow your dream don't let anyone stop you. That the only thing you have to fear is fear itself. And you told him to move on because he had lost someone dear to him from his life at least that's how he felt. You told him that he hasn't lost that someone forever that you have to learn to accept things."

"How do you know all this?"

Chris was truly clueless and Jack smiled a little at his ability to confuse the genius.

"Because 'Doc'. I'm stargazer."

Chris just stared in disbelief. It was one of a million chance. The odds were almost difficult to perceive.

"I can't believe it. I can't even begin to calculate the possibility of..."

Chris was baffled and Jack couldn't fight the urge to hug her tightly once more. Chris gasped at the suddenness of his embrace and at the passion.

"Jack."

She just whispered in his arms and repeated hi name.

"Thank you. Thank you Jack for everything. I... I really don't know what to say."

Jack rocked her gently and when they came apart and she tried to speak he touched her lush lips with his for finger. She shuddered and he looked gently into her eyes. It was a moment. A moment that could never come again if he allowed it to pass without taking action. He slowly closed in, and after what seemed like eternity his lips met hers. A kiss that was barely brushing and gentle. It was kind of kiss that suited them. Best friends and with the potential of becoming something more. the kiss was sensual but demanding and Chris gave entrance to Jack's tongue. It was sensational. It was only a kiss and he was able to make her body tingle with need. Every nerve craved his attention and it was only when a voice interrupted them that they pulled apart.

They turned too see Jacob, who looked thoroughly confused.

"General Carter, Selmak. I take it you've got some news."

Jacob was slightly distracted at the sight he walked in on but decided to put it aside for a little while.

"It didn't take us very long. Most of the council agrees with you. You have to understand that we're not used to this kind of thing. We're all in your capable hands now."

"Right. I'll get onto it now. Check up on things."

Chris tried not to look at Jack again. She couldn't even imagine looking into his eyes after the intimate contact they had shared, mere seconds ago. She walked away from the two men, not bothering to say her 'see ya's. When she was about 20 meters away from them she forgot that she missed one vital question and came running back.

"Jacob, how many people decided against it?"

"Just 2. 2 out of 8 not bad if you ask me."

"Can you tell me who it was?"

"No, it was anonymous. I couldn't tell you even if I wanted to."

"Thank you. And please make sure that no one goes through the gate or skip the planet without my knowing about it. I mean nobody"

"The high council agrees. But that'd put a lot of pressure on you. You have 24 hours. We can't let this hold up all our operations. I'm sorry but that's all we can afford."

"I understand."

Chris repeated her previous actions. Walking at a faster pace in order to avoid jack's stare.

"What the hell was that, Jack?"

Jacob questioned at Jack when Chris was out of earshot.

"A huge mistake. At least for her."

Jack said absent-minded.

"Jacob, please do me a favour and don't mention this to anybody. It'd mean a lot."

With that last comment Jack walked away as well. Leaving only Jacob behind. A very confused Jacob.

Tuesday 30th September
1447 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
SGC Personnel Base Area

"How's it going Sam?"

Chris entered the base area where Sam was busy working with her laptop. She could tell that Sam was paying much attention to her, fully focused at her work.

"Uh, almost done."

"Where's Daniel and Teal'c?"

"I don't know where Daniel is but I do know that Teal'c is still interviewing people with Dr Lewis."

Sam said without looking up from the screen.

"Well I need everyone here. I've got some important announcements to make and I need briefings."

Chris put adjusted the earpiece from her ear and spoke into the radio.

"This is Major Benton, Sierra Gulf one. All Sierra Gulf units report to base area ASAP. I repeat, all SGC personnel report to Base area STAT."

Chris repeated her announcement once more and walked into her office, unzipping the plastic covers. Her laptop was still on and curiosity made her enter her inbox, recalling everything that Jack O'Neill had told her.

Tuesday 30th September
1512 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
SGC Personnel Base Area

"Is everyone here?"

Chris came out of her temporary office and looked around. There were 11 of them all together. A full house according to her books.

"Okay, before we start this informal briefing, I am pleased to tell you that Colonel Makepeace is proved and considered innocent."

There was a quite cheer from everybody that made Chris smile a little.

"I thank you for all your hard work. It wouldn't have been possible if I didn't have your full co operation."

There was another round of whooping and Chris waited until they settled down.

"OPERATION ZERO TOLLERANCE' is officially closed. Accomplished successfully may I add."

Everyone was buzzing some already contemplating on going home but Chris broke their little dreams into pieces.

"However I have agreed to find the killer. A Tok'ra. This is an unofficial mission that might not be recorded. If we fail in finding the killer it many leave an embarrassing record or even end my career. You have a choice. You can stay out of it or you can find me help the killer. Someone who murdered a young woman and tried to frame one of ours for it."

There was shocked silence in the room and Chris could not tell if the group of officers and scientists agreed with her decision or not. SO she kept talking.

"It is not an order. It is not compulsory for you to do it. It's your career and I leave all the decision-makings up to you. If you decide to walk away then I'll understand."

Chris looked around once more and she felt so nervous. What if someone questioned her motive her relationship with Makepeace making her want revenge.

"I also wanna tell you that if you complete this operation, none of you will be commended for it. So if you're looking for fame and glory out of it, you need to get out of here now."

For another half a minute or so, Chris looked around. It was impossible to predict any outcome. Maybe she should abandon it all together and run home. With what she had already achieved. Just her eyes made contact with Daniel's, then Sam's, Teal'c's and finally her CO. She knew that no matter what they would help her. No matter what.... The words echoed in her mind.

"Come on. Most of you have seen pictures of the victim. All of you understand the nature of the crime. The least we can do for the victim is to find the killer. We can do this. I know we can. So far this unit has worked brilliantly. I don't see a problem. Count me it."

Jack said his bit that boosted the team's morale and cohesion. Chris smiled at her Colonel. He had kept his word from earlier on. He was going to back her all the way.

"Me too. We can do this."

Carter stood up, as did Daniel.

"Sure we can."

"I will attempt in finding the killer also."

Teal'c said stoically.

"I'll do it."

Captain Zenner was the fourth speak out loud.

"Me too. We're the best on these things, we'll find the psycho."

Sander said. And soon enough just about everyone was standing up waiting for Chris to say something.

"Thank you so much all of you. The military may not decorate all of you for this but know that you have all proven yourselves honourable men and women. I'm very lucky to have every one of you. So let's get to work."

Tuesday 30th September
1600 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
SGC Personnel Base Area

"General Hammond never told you to find the killer or even make an offer did he?"

Sam asked Chris who was now looking at the main frame of the BENTON CLASSIFICATION.

"Nope, he didn't. I honestly didn't know if I should have let you create this data bank or not."

"Why did you, when you were unsure?"

"Well, if it's a consolation we would have had better security measures when they came to the SGC>Let's just say I had ulterior motives."

"Yeah, right. You planned this from the time I got here."

Sam smiled an evil grin.

"Actually I decided on that when I saw the body and read about the victim. Which is also when I found out that the Tok'ra was pregnant."

Sam just stared in disbelief.

"I missed that bit in the final report I last sent to Hammond. I didn't tell any of the council either. I didn't see the relevance. It's my job to protect the confidentiality of my patients even if they are dead."

Tuesday 30th September
1620 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
North Corridors of Secret Tok'ra Tunnels

Confinement Area

Jack strolled casually down the long stretched corridor where the cell of situated. The Tok'ra guard came to attention as Jack approached. Upon entering the small cell Jack scrunched up the expression on his face as he saw the state Makepeace was in. Makepeace looked tired and drained. He probably hadn't eaten anything much less get any sleep.

"How are you doing?"

Jack questioned Makepeace as he entered the small cell.

"Better actually. Now that Chris is talking to me."

Makepeace replied.

"Was she not?"

"I said horrible things to her. And after what I did, it served me right."

"You betcha. So she forgave you for bedding Anise?"

"Yeah, she did. It was really hard for her."

Robert just stared at the floor embarrassed.

"I've got some good news."

"What is it?"

"Chris came up with concrete evidence that you didn't kill Anise, Freya whatever her name is."

Makepeace's looked relieved but still awfully tired.

"She did?"

"Yeah, You're free to go now."

Jack put his hands in his pocket just watching the reaction from the Marine Colonel.

"Thank God. I swear Jack if I stayed here in this space any longer I'd go stark raving mad."

"Sure you would. If you aren't already."

Jack eased Makepeace up from his seat and took a hold of him. He didn't smell so good. Never to mention the dark five o'clock shadow.

"There's something that resembled a bath. I think you should have one."

Makepeace chuckled as he walked out of confined space relaxed but more importantly free.

Tuesday 30th September
1630 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
SGC Personnel Base Area

"So is all the unknown DNA and finger prints scanned?"

"Yeah, just about. The archive will run it through and give us a match. It should be a piece of cake."

"Yeah, a piece of cake that will take 2 hours."

Chris sighed.

"Not too bad if you ask me. The destination maps takes 3 weeks to plot."

Sam said swirling in her seat with a cup of coffee Chris had handed her,

"It's kinda nice. Don't you think Chris? Millions of light years away from home and the coffee tastes just as good as the one I have in bed every morning."

Sam said happily.

"It doesn't matter where you are. It depends on the person who makes it. God Daniel makes one hell of a coffee."

Chris commented.

"Yeah he does."

Sam suddenly got quiet.

"So what's up? You and Danny having some trouble?"

"Which reminds me, when did you get together with Colonel Makepeace?"

"Hey don't change the subject."

Chris scowled and Sam giggled.

"Me and Daniel's okay. It's been a rough day we'll get over it. So back to you and Robert. I thought you and Jack was pretty tight?"

Chris was stunned and almost sprayed the coffee all over Sam.

"Jesus, is it that much of a shock for me to hear you say that?"

Sam asked, rather confused.

2No we, are tight. I mean we're friends. We have a lot in common. It's just, we're not an item."

"Well, if I were you I'd stick with Jack O'Neill than Robert Makepeace."

"You'd be surprised how similar they are."

"Yeah, right! Robert's, well he's just not Jack O'Neill."

Chris sighed internally. Although she hated to admit it there was something very special in Jack that she couldn't find in Makepeace.

"You and Colonel O'Neill had the same hobbies, the same taste in music, the same style of films, I don't know just about everything."

Yes it was these little things that brought Stargazer and Doc together. The things were little but hugely important.

Tuesday 30th September
1631 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
SGC Personnel Base Area

A nicely shaven and clean smelling Colonel Makepeace just had to stare. Chris was sitting next to Carter enjoying a quiet cup of coffee. He had to admit she was one gorgeous woman. And every time he relished in that though he had to remember the terrible thing he had inflicted on her by spending the night with another woman. Betraying her trust. He promised himself that he would never repeat the same mistake twice of hurting her and approached her.

"Hey, baby."

Makepeace hugged Chris from behind and whispered in her ears. Chris shuddered at the sensation and Sam kindly excused herself.

"Thank you. Once again you saved my butt."

Robert said as he took the seat that Carter was sitting in.

"You're welcome. Who told you?"

"Jack came. He said that you did one hell of a job."

Robert reached to cup her cheeks and Chris blushed slightly at the compliment. But the blush disappeared as she thought of Jack. Pure guilt.

Jack watched the whole scene take place. Robert fondling her hands, holding her tight, kissing her lips. The same lip he had kissed. Probably feeling the same oblivion. Chris was an adventure and beautiful. Her personality was unquestionable and she was smart. What guy could ask more? Makepeace had been stupid to make a mistake and slip up but jack could tell that Makepeace would not make the same mistake twice. There was little hope of that.

Tuesday 30th September
1701 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
SGC Personnel Base Area

Sub Section

"Sam I need to talk to you."

Daniel rushed towards Sam.

"What is it Daniel?"

Sam said in a slightly cold tone.

"I wanted to talk to you. I just wanted to say sorry for being a jerk earlier on. I didn't mean to be all jealous, it's just when you're with the other guys and they're drooling all over you I can't help but get a little possessive."

Daniel used his puppy dog eye technique but Sam was well trained to ignore the cute details.

"A little?"

Sam pointed out.

"Okay, a lot."

"Glad you can admit it."

Sam said in a rather Jack O'Neill sort of manner.

"I'm really really sorry will you forgive me?"

Daniel snuggled up closer burying his face on her neck and placing his warm hands on the small of her back.

"So from now on is a guy comes and kisses me you won't go mad?"

Sam tested if Daniel was paying full attention.

"Who did that? I'll go and kill him!!"

Daniel said in a shocked tone of voice.

"I was only kidding you know."

When Daniel heard that he couldn't help but give her a slap on her ass, causing her to yelp then giggle.

"There's something else I wanted to say."

"What is it?"

"I know I should have said earlier, way earlier, but I want you to know that I love you."

Daniel felt his chest lighten as he said those words.

"Love you too."

She said quietly still in his arms

"Sam will you marry me? Will you be my wife?"

"Sam pulled away then. Completely stunned by the suddenness of his words.

"What did you just say?"

Daniel just smiled. With simple words he had made Major Samantha Carter of the United States airforce to crumble to bits.

"I just asked you to marry me. I love you more than anything else in the world and I want to marry you. Would you be my wife Samantha?"

Daniel asked again as he pulled out a small box from his pocket.

"Is that what I think it is?"

Sam asked in shock once more.

"Yes, it's a wedding band, but you still haven't given me an answer Sam."

Daniel looked deep into her eyes searching for an answer.

"Of course I'll marry you. I love you and I want you by me always."

Tears of joy rolled down Carter's face as she kissed Daniel passionately. The whole world seemed to stop existing and their head spun in bliss.

Tuesday 30th September
1600 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
SGC Personnel Base Area

"Ma'am, here's all the interview records and notes.

"Captain Zenner walked in with an armful of paper files and mini recording tapes, interrupting the quite conversation taking place between Chris and Makepeace,

"I' m sorry Major, Am I interrupting anything?"

Chris grinned a little at the Captains questioned and quipped back.

"No, Captain, you're not. The Colonel and I don't make out while we're on duty."

The Captain smirked in response as well.

"It's good to see you about sir."

Makepeace stood up from his seat and gave a handshake to the Captain.

"Yeah, it's good to be seen."

"Are you going to stick around or are you going back home Colonel?"

Zenner asked and Makepeace answered looking at Chris.

"I think I'll stick around and help in any ways that I can."

"We all sure appreciate it."

Makepeace smiled as he was talking to the easygoing Navy man.

"SO have you got anything for me?"

"Yes, ma'am, I've got stacks of interview records and recordings. What would you like me to do with them?"

"Good question. Why don't you recall all non-essential people needed in the lab and the interview posts and make them analyse all this. I think it's important we know what's going on in the full picture. The more we understand and put together from these interviews..."

"The fuller the picture."

Chris had to smile at the enthusiasm.

2you're spot on. We can compare all of these with the lab results and see if they are constant. If somebody's telling a lie then we'll have them on our suspect list."

"Little lie big lie?"

The Captain attempted at an old cliche.

"No more cliches please. Handing around Colonel O'Neill has already influenced you."

They both chucked and Makepeace stood there amazed at Chris. She was having a friendly non-hostile, non-work related conversation with someone yet showing her authority and rank at the same time. She was born leader her could tell. And now he understood why she would make one hell of a 2IC.

"You're demised Captain. Oh and talking of Colonel O'Neill, where is he?"

Chris asked captain Zenner in the most causal manner possible. She needed to talk to him. To explain.

"I last saw him going topside ma'am. He said something about getting some air. And cooling his head."

"Thank you Captain, and I'd appreciate it if you'd radio all personnel and inform them of the developments ASAP."

The captain nodded in acknowledgement and walked away with a snappy salute.

"So what can I do to help?"

"What did you say?"

Chris was startled as she was awakening from her train of thoughts by Makepeace's voice.

"I said what could I do to help?"

"Um, why don't you go and join Captain Zenner. Give him your statements and help him to get a full picture of what you know, about Anise. Tell him that I want a report on it in less than an hour."

"Yeah, sure. But what re you going to do?"

"I'm going to go find Colonel O'Neill."

Chris walked away from the base area, heading towards the ring device that would transport her to the surface. Makepeace sighed as she walked away. She was going to O'Neill again. No matter where they were, when jack was there he was second best.

Tuesday 30th September
1726 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
Surface, 2 miles from the Stargate

Chris spotted jack sitting under a tall plant life that resembled a palm tree. Telling herself that it was pointless to run she approached him. Her stomach churning.

"I've been wondering where you were."

Jack turned his head slowly; He knew that Chris had been watching him for sometime. It was a strange sort of feeling. A presence.

"How did you know where to find me?"

"Captain Zenner told me."

Jack smirked; Chris was keeping tracks on him.

"I wanted to say thank you, you stood up for me in there."

Jack turned his face away from her. It hurt too much to see what he couldn't have. But in front of his eyes, without even looking at her he could envision her beautiful face.

"I did what any good CO would. I told you that I was proud of what you were doing and I encouraged you. I only kept my word."

Chris felt a surge of affection for the mad sitting so closely next t her.

"Still it meant a lot."

Chris took jack's hand in hers. His hands were huge compared to here and as she fondled with them she could just make out the traces of a scar. A knife wound, he had told her. His training had been rough and dangerous. A rookie could get easily hurt with a K91 knife the unit used.

"It gave me courage to do the right thin. I was thinking about abandoning it but when you said those things I felt it inside me that you were right."

Jack almost shuddered at the sensation. The warmth of her hand in his and the intensity of her words made him want to hold her, kiss her and never let her go.

"About the kiss, and the chat room business..."

Chris tried to continue but jack stopped here. It was pointless and it hurt too much.

"No, it's okay. You don't have to apologise. It was an accident. We were tired and lonely,. It's perfectly understandable that it happened. But I promise it won't happen again."

Chris nodded. It was time to let it go. No point in holding it close to her when it really didn't mean anything.

"Do you mind if we keep this to ourselves/"

Chris asked carefully not wanting to hurt Jack's feelings with her want of discrepancy.

"Of course. Do you really think that I want Makepeace to beat the crap out of me for making out with his girlfriend?"

Jack turned and faced her feeling a lot more comfortable with the honest words laced with humour. Chris faced him to giggling.

"Well let's get going shall we major? We have a murderer to find."

Jack said as he stood up and gave his Major a helping hand.

Tuesday 30th September
1800 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
SGC Personnel Base Area

"Ma'am, we got it!"

Lieutenant Connelly said in an excited tone of voice.

"Got what Lieutenant?"

Chris asked calmly, sitting in her office chair.

"The unknown DNA samples and finger prints. The BENTON CLASSIFICATION did a great job."

"Thank you Lieutenant. Will you be kind enough to hand me those files?"

The Lieutenant gave the results to Chris and was about to walk out of her office when Chris added,

"Good work Lieutenant."

Tuesday 30th September
1854 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
SGC Personnel Base Area

Sub Section

"You asked her to marry you?"

Jack was pleasantly surprised when Daniel had told him the news,

"What did she say?"

Jack asked as he drank his coffee.

"I said yes."

Jack turned around swiftly as he heard Carter's voice.

"Wow, I gotta say, Congratulations. What took you guys so long?"

"I don't know."

Sam and Daniel were both grinning like idiots.

"Does Benton and Teal'c know/"

"Yea, I just told them both."

Sam smiled in Daniel's arms as Jack still stood there staring at the wedding band that Sam had on.

"I gotta say Carter your kids are going to be super smart."

They both blushed and giggled a little and Jack couldn't help but croon at the sight.

"My little kids, all grown up. I can't believe it."

Daniel and Sam felt nauseous at jack's comments but even more so when he enveloped them both in a bear hug.

Tuesday 30th September
1938 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
SGC Personnel Base Area

Benton's Temporary Office

"To my best friend and lover'

Said the inscription on Sam's wedding band. Christine Benton could not drive those words from her mind as she stared at all the reports and lab results trying to draw up scenarios and pick out suspects. She felt under a little pressure. So it was big pressure. It was her career on the line. But Chris worked well under pressure only if she was focused. There were simply too much information and for a whole 30 minutes she had been unable to concentrate on the task at hand. It didn't seem like that long a time but when she had less than 24 hours to solve a delicate case every moment was precious. It was unlike her. She wondered why the words bothered her so. Why was there a nagging sensation at the back of her mind? Maybe it was because she was jealous of all that Sam had, maybe she as thinking about Robert and jack too much or maybe it was something to do with the case. And then realisation flooded in. 'Friend and lover', were had she seen that expression used in the reports?

"Captain Zenner? Come in here now."

Tuesday 30th September
2005Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
SGC Personnel Base Area

Sub Section

"Colonel O'Neill, major Benton wants you to meet her in the crime scene now, sir."

The voice of Captain Sanders brought jack to attention and drew him away from the conversation he was having with Lieutenant Connelly.

"Do you know what it's about?"

"No sir, but she said it's urgent. She called Colonel Makepeace as well."

"Okay, I'll be on my way now. Thank you captain."

Jack excused himself and left the room, smirking when he heard Connelly tell Sanders about her engagement. Jack walked towards the crime scene as he wondered what could be so urgent. If she had figured out who the killer was she was pretty damn good. It only took her 2 hours and 45 minutes.

Tuesday 30th September
2037 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
Crime Scene

"What's the big deal?"

Jack entered the crime scene with an informal tone of voice but all that was about to change when he saw Chris and the entire Tok'ra council present.

"So I take it you've figured something out."

Jack slurred on his last words as he observed his surroundings. Chris smiled and acknowledged his presence.

"Thank you for coming so quickly Colonel O'Neill."

The room was filled with people and Jack was trying to figure out what Chris's intention was.

"Would you like to tell us why we have all gathered here major?"

Jacob questioned.

"Yes, of course general Carter."

Chris made eye contact with each and everyone in the room and after taking a series of deep breaths she began.

"The murder took place in this room. The blood stains, the splatter, the gun powder residue, the position of the body tells us that."

The room was still silent.

"You know, on earth we have a funny saying. If you kill one, you are a murderer. If you kill a million you are a conqueror and if you kill the all you are a God."

Jack just stared at Chris. She was rambling on and not getting to the point. It wasn't like her. He saw the same lookin Makepeace's eyes.

"Major is there a point to all this?"

A particularly nasty female representative asked coldly.

"Yes, believe me there is. IF you'd allow me to continue."

Chris turned around, away from the crowd as she walked closer to the bed picking up the loaded revolver she had left on top of the bedside table.

"Where was I, oh yes! If you kill one, you are a murderer. If you kill a million you are a conqueror and if you kill the all you are a God. It's perfectly true but right now I'm looking for a murderer. Someone who has committed murder. Someone who will pay."

She paused for effect and looked around the room, pleased wit the effect she had on the she continued.

"I've found the murderer. The murderer is standing among us right at this moment."

There was complete silence in the room. The murderer was a representative in the Tok'ra high council.

"Impossible, none of us would do such a thing. It's unreal. You cannot be serious"

Garshaw gasped out, thoroughly out raged.

"Your investigation must be in correct."

Chris looked at Garshaw straight in the eye. When Garshaw saw the determined sparkle in Christine's eyes, she expected the worst.

"Teal'c bring her in."

Chris barked an order into her radio and only seconds later a woman walked in with Teal'c. She was crying, her head staring at the floor.

"This is Mya and her symbiote us Nefertari. I assume you all know her. Well Nefertari just confessed in aiding one of you to commit murder."

Jack looked around. Everyone's face pale and expressionless, God! Chris was doing a great job.

"Who was it that said earlier n in the council meeting that the murderer was deeply regretting the incident? If he is regretting it do much for killing a young Tok'ra and trying to frame it on someone else I would like him to stand forward now. This is your last chance."

Utter silence. No one stood forward as no one spoke

"Then I'm going to have to expose him."

"Mya, can you tell me where you were around the time of the murder?"

"I was in my private quarters."

"Was there anyone with you?"

"No,"

Mya shook her head as tears fell freely from her face.

"However you said that you were with someone during the time of the murder."

"Yes,"

"Why did you lie?"

Question from Chris.

"I lied to protect him."

Answer from the Tok'ra.

"Who is it that you wanted to protect?"

The witness was speechless as emotions overwhelmed her. At that moment her eyes began to glow and the symbiote took over.

"Nefertari, could you answer my question? Who were you trying to protect."

The symbiote also was silent for a while.

"Okay, let's try another way. Is he in this room at this moment?"

"Yes,"

"Can you point at him and tell me his name."

"Julius, and his symbiote is Ahmeni."

The Tok'ra pointed directly at the young Councillor, with trembling hands.

"Thank you, for doing that. I know it was difficult. I would like to ask you two ore questions. Is that alright?"

Chris was talking as if she was on the prosecuting panel now, closely weaving a net to keep the murderer within.

"Yes,"

"Who is Ahmeni and Julius to you?"

"He is my lover and best friend."

"Alright then, did you know that Anise was pregnant with his child and that he was in fact cheating on you by bedding her?"

"No I didn't know that. Not until you told me."

The female Tok'ra was absolutely grief stricken.

"Thank you for your help, Teal'c you can take her away now."

She turned and faced the council who was now deeply focused on the young councillor with the innocent face; he was not so innocent after all. The young councillor who was pointed at began to explain herself.

"It is true that I had an affair with Anise, but I broke it up. I love Nefertari, I made a decision and I stood by it."

Chris smirked amused at his futile attempt to save himself. Bt soon her expression turned to cold rage.

"Really? Is that why you went to her bed room and strangled her?"

Everyone gasped again.

"I've identified a sample of skin found under her fingernails as yours. I have to admit we had a match with Colonel Makepeace but when I carried our secondary examination yours was found as well. You killed her."

Chris spoke bluntly however had a sharp effect on the people listening to her.

" I don't know what you're talking about."

Chris was now gauging the reaction from the Tok'ra council.

"You did this Ahmeni?"

"I did no such thing. She was with him. I was angry at her yes but I didn't kill her"

Ahmeni pointed at Makepeace, whose expression Chris' could not gauge.

"She slept with him, knowing fool well that she was with my child. She said that she'd take the child away."

Things were going Chris' way. Jack was watching the expression on Chris' face as he heard the shocking story.

"Ladies and Gentleman, what Anise did was not just, and yes it is a crime. However was it crime enough to deserve death?"

Chris was facing the council making eye contact with each one of them. The council members felt small and insignificant under Chris' gaze.

"Someone found Anise, lying in her bed after being strangled and shot, with her still born child in her belly."

Some Tok'ra were showing signs of great outraged but some remained impassive, as did the representatives of Earth.

"You said you were angry at her. Is that why you took Colonel Makepeace's gun and shot her, just to make sure that the symbiote did not heal the host and continue to blackmail you about your love child?"

The innocent looking Tok'ra continued to defend himself as no one else did.

"How do you know that I killed her?"

Chris was going to have to show him the hard proof now. She had hoped that the councillor would have enough decency to admit his crimes but no such luck.

" We recovered finger prints from her body. It was difficult I had to admit but the strangulation marks on the victim's neck is consistent with your fingerprints. Furthermore we've found your fingerprints on the gun used. Please tell me councillor weren't you extremely interested in this weapon before?"

"Yes."

"Several times you asked Colonel Makepeace to show you how it works. I'm also to believe that you attempted to fire this weapon at a target but missed by a mile. Is that correct?"

"What does that prove?"

"It tells me that you had the ability to fire the weapon at the victim."

Chris turned away from the crowd and once again fiddles with the revolver in her hand.

"You know to be an officer in our worlds military you have to have extreme precision in guns. Do you really think that a soldier in the Marine Corps would miss a shot 13 feet away? A colonel no less. The colonel did not fire this, nor did any other solider. It was one extremely unskilled in handling this. It was you and there's no denying. Only your finger prints were found, besides the Colonel's."

"It doesn't sound like very effective proof to me."

Ahmeni said in a smug tome, still thinking that he could get away with it all.

"Captain Zenner, Bring in the evidence."

Chris barked an order into her radio. In a matter of seconds Zenner walked in with a pair of Tok'ra clothing.

"Is this what you were wearing on the day of the crime? And don't think about lying because we have several witnesses."

The Tok'ra nodded in admittance.

"We found gun powder residue from this pair of clothing. All of it consistent with the shots fired at the victim at the scene of the crime."

Chris thought that with such evidence the Tok'ra would give up and confess to the murder. She was right.

"I didn't mean to. I... It was an accident I only wanted to talk to her. I..."

Everyone was shocked to the core at the young councillors confession; never had the Tok'ra encountered such crimes before.

"An accident? You knew that the injuries were not severe enough to kill her so you fired that gun that you brought with you. Do you what really convinced me that you killed in old blood and not accidentally? This is the same gun that was used in the murder."

Chris lifted the gun she had been fiddling with.

"It's a revolver that contains six bullets each magazine. There were 9 bullets that were fired. The killer shot and then reloaded. It was a crime of passion that was planned and then executed, by councillor Ahmeni,"

Everyone in the room was still recovering from the shock and stared blankly. Amazed at the sophisticated circumstances of the murder and the brilliance of the major. The high councillor Ahmeni decided to walk out of the room however was stooped when Sam, Teal'c and Daniel stopped him from the entrance of the room armed with Zats and MP17s. The Tok'ra councillor decided to do the unexpected. He jumped at Carter trying to take the Zatnicketal away from her. They both struggled Teal'c and Daniel unsure whether to fire or not. The dazed Tok'ra council did nothing. Chris just stared. When she realised that Sam was indeed in danger she slowly raised the revolver she was holding in her and fired 2 shots. The shots rang out and councillor Ahmeni fell to the ground, taking direct shots to his neck.

"Justice has been served."

Chris turned her head as Jacob commented quietly.

Wednesday 31st September
0800 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
Surface Area 13 miles away from the Stargate

The wind in the desert was howling but nobody seemed to care. It was a sad day and the sun was setting over the sandy dune, saying it's final goodbyes to Anise and Freya.

"Freya and Anise were both promising and valuable member of the Tok'ra. They have been lost untimely and we deeply regret not having seen her in action."

Jacob said his eulogy of sorts as the body was lowered into the pit. Although the Tok'ra was advanced they still wanted the earthly burial. Chris stood stiffly watching and listening in her dress blues. She looked around. All her team was there. Her commanding officer, Daniel, Sam, Teal'c all the others that helped in the investigation and of course General Hammond had come through the Gate to witness the funeral.

"She was vibrant and spirited, She was young and gifted. We will miss her greatly but we all know that she is with us, always. She will live as long as the Tok'ra goes on."

Chris turned and looked at Robert Makepeace. Spoken like a true Marine he didn't even show a trace of emotion. Then as she was wakening from her thoughts when Jacob gestured at her, asking to take the stand.

"I didn't know Anise or Freya. I never got to meet her, but I wish I had. I heard people talk about her, I studied her. I feel like I know her. That she was my friend. Seeing her body being buried once again I have to come and realise that she is not a living person. She was an unfortunate victim of a horrendous crime but now resides in peace. It is hard for me to think that she will never return to us or to the cause but I feel, I know that she'll always be in your hearts."

Jack watched her talk. She shined in radiance. Although Chris had never really met the dead Tok'ra, Chris had developed a bond, a bond she had to obtain if she was going to solve the crime. And she did.

"She was a special woman who touched our lives. We will remember her."

Chris concluded.

1

"You disobeyed my direct order Major."

General Hammond said to Chris as they walked back to the secret Tok'ra tunnel.

"I specifically ordered you to prove Colonel Makepeace innocent but you did something unnecessary, risking your career, and maybe the alliance we have built."

Jack flinched as he heard the general say those words to his second in command. Makepeace was listening in as well, trying to defend her, but Chris wanted none of it.

"General, I risked my career and nothing else. I didn't care about some political bull sir; I wanted to give one dead girl, justice. Now if you want to punish me for doing that then I don't see any future in the Stargate programme. I'll leave as soon as we get back home."

Chris said with great conviction and certainty. The General sighed and laughed at the same time.

"I'm afraid that's not possible now. I've just spoken with Jacob; The Tok'ra council is impressed with you. More than that they like you. They suggested a commendation for your good work and for the team as well. I personally like the way you acted, I'm proud. I'll overlook your disobedience. But I'll say it now, just once. If you delay or disobey my orders again I'll make sure that you receive a proper court martial. Then you can forget about resigning peacefully."

"Yes sir."

General Hammond walked away to talk to Sam and Daniel. Chris sighed and turned back to see the two men, smiling at her. Then General Hammond figured he had another say.

"Expect a promotion very soon, Major."

Wednesday 31st September
1200 Hours
Planet of Vorash Under Tok'ra Occupation
Stargate

Chris prepared herself to walk through the blue liquid pool as she turned and stared at the alien planet once more. She had done a good deed. It was all that mattered. Her commendation, her expected promotion, it was nothing when compared to the justice she had given to the innocent Tok'ra girl who died. She held Robert's hand tightly as they walk through the wormhole.

Jack watched from only steps away. He swore to himself. He would find a way. Chris would be with him whatever the cost, it didn't matter how long it would take him. He loved her, He knew that now, and he also knew that he had a chance. Chris did have emotions for him. He would have to open her eyes, because he couldn't lose her, not after everything that had happened. She was too precious.

The End

Thank you all so much for getting to the end of this fanfic. I know it's pretty long. I'm also sorry that it took so long to post. I've got exams to prepare fro and concerts to play in so I've been really busy. After spending hour after hour of fixing mistakes it still has a lot. I'd appreciate it if someone would tell me. It's really hard to pin point your own mistakes. IF YOU SEE A BIG HOLE IN THE PLOT PLEASE PLEASE SEND ME FEED BACK AND TELL ME!!! Nice comments are also welcome.

Feedback monster, Angelheart.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Angelheart