Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

What Might Come to Pass

by Amanda Eros
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
What Might Come to Pass

What Might Come to Pass

by Amanda Eros

Summary: This story is mainly from the perspective of Jonas Quinn. It features what he went though when the Urn was opened in "The Last of Her Kind".
Category: Action/Adventure, Alternate Universe, Angst, Challenge, Crossovers, Drama, Hurt/Comfort, Mystery, Romance, Series
Episode Related: 616 Metamorphosis, 621 Prophecy
Crossover: Stargate Atlantis
Season: Season 8
Pairing: other pairing
Rating: 13+
Warnings: adult themes, character death, minor language, sexual situations, violence
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2005-03-29

The Capital City of Kelowna, Langara

"We brought it straight from the dig sight to the containment lab. First Minister Dreylock thought that you might want to look at it." Professor Lymnal explained the situation as he walked along side of Jonas. They hurry up to the front steps of the University in the mists of the early morning. Professor Lymnal took out his keys and opened the door to enter the building. They then proceeded to the containment lab.

"Where was it found?" Jonas asked. He thought that it was odd that they hadn't uncovered the artifact before.

"It was buried much deeper than the other Goa'uld artifacts. We were hoping that you would confirm the find for us. And perhaps translate the inscription on it as well." Lymnal was at least three decades older then Jonas. He stood several inches taller then him as well with his crown showing though his grayish blond hair

"Perhaps we should call Earth and have Daniel Jackson have a look at it as well. For all we know it might not be Goa'uld at all." They entered the third basement level of the building.

"Oh! How little faith you have in yourself, and in your people, Jonas Quinn!" He held back his anger. Not only did he not like Jonas, but also he hated the people from Earth for interfering with the way that their government worked. He also completely ignored fact that the Earthlings helped them when they needed it the most.

"All I'm saying is that it doesn't hurt to be cautious." He shook his head knowing that it was pointless to argue. They entered the observation area together.

"I've all ready had our scientists examine the contents of the Urn. They're running tests on it as we speak. See...?" He turned to look at the room; there were three men with white cloths strapped over their mouths with goggles over their eyes. They stood there peering over a large black onyx urn. A croak like object sat on a separate table.

"I'll tell you this, that is definitely not Goa'uld. It's something else." Jonas's brows came together.

He looked at him, and with skepticism in his voice, "how can you tell?"

"Well, for one thing, Goa'uld tend to like to make their ceremonial objects out of gold." He rubbed his chin. "Is there anything in it?"

Professor Lymnal knocked on the glass. One of the scientists looked up and left the room though a door. Within a minute he was standing in the room with them. "We can't explain it, there is nothing in there."

"A decoration then," Lymnal smirked.

Jonas shook his head. "It doesn't make any since. On Earth, their ancient Greeks and Romans used urns to hold their cremated remains..."

"Not everything has to do with Earth, Jonas Quinn." He narrowed his eyes for a split second before turning his attention back to the scientist. "We'll keep it down here for another day or two. Run some more tests... find out what it is made out of." He turned to leave.

"Wait!" Jonas looked at him. "What if it has something to do with death? For all we know it could house some sort of air born pathogen."

Lymnal curled his lip in contentment before turning around; he looked at the scientist, "is that possible?" He sounded very agitated.

The scientist looked between the two men. He knew that Jonas Quinn could be right, but he also knew that Professor Lymnal paid his salary. "Well... any.. anything is poss.. possible... I think." He looked down at the ground.

"So, what do you suggest?" Lymnal stared hard at the scientist.

Jonas spoke up. "A full lock down, no one comes in and no one goes out. If this thing did host some sort of air born pathogen we should know soon enough."

"I really don't think that is necessary, besides, even if I wanted to lock down the building I can't. Classes will be in session in less then two hours." He raised his pointer finger, "And scientists from Tirania and the Andari Federation will be here as well... So, Jonas Quinn, I suggest you figure out exactly what we have here before they get here." He turned to leave. "I will wait in my office until midday. If anything happens we should know by then."

Several Hours Later in Professor Lymnal's Office

Jonas knocked on the door. "Enter!" Professor Lymnal sat reclining at his desk reading a book.

The door flew open. "Professor.." Jonas swallowed he was out of breath. "Professor Lymnal, all three of the scientists that were studying the urn have passed out. They're body temperatures have increased as well." He held his chest, trying to steady his breathing.

Lymnal closed his book. He sounded doubtful, "Are you sure?"

"Positive." Jonas waited for the elderly man to do something.

He stood up and went over to the window deciding what to do. Professor Lymnal took a deep breath. He absolutely hated the fact that Quinn was right. "I'll call First Minister Dreylock." He turned and walked back towards the desk.

Jonas decided to leave.

"Did you figure out the inscription?"

"No... it's unlike anything I've ever seen. It might even be as old as the Star Gate..." He shook his head and left the room. He wanted to see if there was anything else that he could come up with.

A Day Later

A government medical team quarantined the building. The three scientists conditions worsened by the hour, they were being held in a private room in one of the basements. And if that was not bad enough, many of the students started to collapse as well. Professor Lymnal had his own personal nurse attending to him in his office where he laid incapacitated from the pathogen. Jonas could be found down the hall in a classroom with some of the students who weren't feeling well.

Jonas laid on one of the cots shivering. One of the nurses came over to him. She draped a blanket over him. "Try to get some rest."

He stared at her as she left the room. Her image grew blurry as his eyelids slowly closed.

"BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP" Jonas blinked as the alarm clock went off. He rubbed his head; he had no idea what was going on. He was also surprised find that he was not alone.

The alarm stopped, and the light went on. "Morning, sleepy head." The woman moved up on him to give him a quick kiss on the lips before getting up. She pulled her nightgown over her head before moving off the bed.

Jonas just stared at her. He tried to remember what he did the night before, but could not.

The woman stretched her hands over her head as she yawned. "What's the matter?" She appeared to be concerned.

"Nothing. I had a nightmare, that's all." He could not place her for the life of him. He knew that he would surly remember her if he had met her. The woman was absolutely stunning even with her curly short dark hair in tangles.

"That's unusual," She gave him a shy smile. "Normally you tell me that you dreamt of me." She bent down and threw his boxers and a bathrobe on the bed next to him. "Well, anyway I'm going to take a shower. Could you get Jeth up? We don't want to be late."

Who was Jeth and what were they going to be late for? He looked around the room. He had absolutely no idea where he was. "Late?"

"Oh, Jonas! Don't tell me you forgot!" She stood there with a hand on her hip. "Sam is going to try the new ZPM. I think that she has it this time." The woman smiled, she seemed to be very proud. "And with any luck we'll be able to send Atlantis reinforcements and supplies." She held a dreamy look in her eye. "I can't wait to be able to go there for a visit. Just think of what we could learn!" She smiled and then went into another room.

Jonas heard the shower go on. He shook his head, he just could not figure out what was going on. He moved to get out of bed, when he realized that he needed to get dressed first.

After he had his robe on, he started to look around the room. On the dresser he found several photographs of him and the woman, along with pictures of the different members of SG-1. He tilted his head examining a large group photograph; they all appeared to be quite happy.

Jonas shook his head again. He opened a door, which lead into the closet. He couldn't find anything out of the ordinary in there, so he closed the door and tried the other one. This door leaded him into a hallway. He felt the side of the wall for a light switch before moving forward.

Two doors down the hall was a door that was slightly ajar. Jones made his way to that room, and opened the door before turning the light switch on.

Yawning, a young boy sat up in his bed. He had light brown hair and big bright violet eyes like the woman in the other room. The boy gave him a big grin, "Good Morning Daddy!"

"Daddy?" Jonas was totally thrown off by that one. He leaned against the doorway for support. He definitely would have known if he had a son.

The boy giggled as he climbed out of his bed. He walked over to Jonas and gave him a great big hug. "Your so silly Daddy!" He gave him another smile before crossing the hall into another room.

"Hey, where are you going?" Jonas tried to recover from the state of confusion and shock that he was currently in.

The boy turned slightly and tilted his head up at him. "The little boy's room." He smiled again and then went into the bathroom.

"Oh... um.. do you need help?" He started towards the room, when the boy poked his head out of the door and shook his head. "Ok, I'll be in your room then." Jonas turned and entered the boy's room. He found an element chart on the wall, along with the ABCs as a border around the top of the room. He tilted his head and moved over to the dresser. Here he found several pictures of the three of them together at different stages of the child's development. There was also a picture of the boy sitting in-between two other little boys.

Jonas was going to look around more, but he heard the toilet flush. The boy came back into the room. He walked over to the rocking chair that was in the corner by a window and started to undress. Jonas noticed that there was a set of clothing on the chair laid out for the boy already. "I'm stuck!" The boy was trying to get his head and arm through his shirt at the same time.

Jonas walked over to him and knelt down. He helped the boy to get unstuck. "Is that better?"

"Yes! Thank you!"

"Your welcome." Jonas helped him to finish getting dressed. "How old are you?"

The boy held up three fingers. "This many. Mom says I will be this many," he held up four fingers, "in one month! She says that I'm older than Connor."

"You sure are Jethro." Jonas turned to see the woman standing in the doorway. She was wearing a blue SGC uniform with her hair pulled back out of her face. She knelt down and extended her arms. The boy ran into them and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "How's my baby doing today?" She gave him a kiss on the top of his head.

"I'm not a baby, Mommy! Your just as silly as Daddy!" He giggled as he held onto her.

"Are you hungry? I'll make us some breakfast, while Daddy goes and takes a shower okay?" She looked over at Jonas and smiled. He could tell that she enjoyed being a mom by the way she spoke to her son.

"I'm very hungry! Can I have pancakes? With maple syrup! Oh that would be yummy!"

Jonas couldn't help it; he had to smile at the pair. He just wished that he knew what was going on. He also began to doubt that they had anything to do with what was happening to him, but he just couldn't be certain. "Now don't go eating all of those pancakes, save me some too, okay?" He decided that it would be best to play along for right now to be on the safe side.

"Oh! You do not have to worry about me Daddy. It's Mommy, who eats everything!" He laughed and then ran down the hall and down the stairs.

The woman stood up, "he's right, I do eat everything." She shook her head with a smirk. "Is there anything else that you want besides pancakes?"

"No, pancakes are fine." He started to feel slightly embarrassed being around her since he was still in his bathrobe. "I'm going to go shower."

She looked him over for a moment, before tilting her head from side to side. "I better go."

About Twenty Minutes Later

Jonas was showered and ready to go. He had found his clothing already laid out for him on the bed when he entered the room. Now, he felt that it was time to get to the bottom of this. He started to snoop around that particular floor of the house. He found that the room closest to the master bedroom was being painted, so he decided that would not be a good place to start. Another room that he looked into appeared to be some sort of library. There was a large mahogany desk in front of a large bay window. On one wall was a large bookshelf and opposite of that was a large drafting table. He moved over to the table to take a look at the drawings that were present. To his surprise he found an entire blueprint of a ZPM.

"You have no idea how much I've been wanting to give that to Sam." Jonas turned to see the woman standing in the doorway studying him. "But you know the rules, I can only assist and give advice." Rules? What rules? He wanted to ask her but that would likely confuse her.

"It's amazing." He looked it over some more studying every detail that he could.

The woman shrugged, "anyway, I came up to tell you that breakfast is ready." She turned to leave the room.

Jonas placed the blueprint down and followed her out and down the stairs, through a small hall way and into the kitchen. Jethro was seated at a tiny table that was right for his size. He was eating his pancakes with a smile on his face. Jonas was also pretty surprised to see that the boy wasn't making a mess. The woman seated herself. She started to engulf a large amount of fruit, pancakes, and eggs. Jonas wasn't really sure if he wanted to eat anymore after watching her for a moment. But he decided that it would be best not to offend her. So, he sat down and started to eat his share of pancakes.

With in several minutes both mother and son were done with their food. Jonas watched the two of them bring their plates over to the sink. The women placed her plate in it and then she took it out right way. It appeared to be completely clean. She did the same thing with the rest of the dishes. Jonas stood after he was finished, and brought his plate over. He tried to copy what she did, and it worked. He had no idea how, but it did. One moment there was crumbs and syrup on it, the next it was sparkling clean.

The woman turned to the boy, "Jeth could you go get your book bag, we don't want to be late!" She smiled at him as he ran out of the room and up the stairs. She turned to Jonas, "Do you want to drive, or would you rather I drive?"

"Umm.. You can." He smiled.

"Okay!" The woman bobbed her head back and forth. Jonas found the motion to be endearing. He then blinked; he had to remain objective here. He needed to know what was going on.

Several minutes went by as they cleaned up; afterwards they headed to the SUV. Jonas sat in the passenger side seat, which adjusted automatically for him. He didn't remember the car that Teal'c drove him around in ever being able to do anything like that.

Within a moment or two they were off and heading down the street. Jonas observed that he had been on this rode before when he was still a member of SG1. In the backseat, Jethro began to sing a nursery rhyme. Jonas paid little attention to it; he was more concerned figuring what had happened to him, and who these people were.

"...come to call, be prepared or you might fall. When the Wraith come to call."

The woman took her eyes off the rode for a second to look at him quickly, "your awfully quite today." She frowned, "that must have been some night mare."

"...hide, hide where ever you can, in a tree or in the sand. When the Wraith come to call."

"You have no idea." He wanted to say that he felt like he was in a nightmare, but he knew that she could possibly take it the wrong way.

"... Darts, Darts, all around, flying high across the sky. When the Wraith come to call." The boy stopped singing. "Mommy, can I be a Wraith for Halloween?"

"Halloween? I don't see why not! But you know, I have no idea what a wrath looks like."

"That's okay. I will love it no matter what it looks like!" He exclaimed as he looked out the window.

"A Wraith?" Jonas wasn't sure what that was.

"Oh, you know, what that silly song is about. Jeth hasn't stopped singing it since I taught it to him last week." She sighed, "I can remember my grandmother singing to me as a child. She would say, 'Now don't forget this song Kyna, it is very important that you remember it and teach it to your children.' I would always ask her why, but she said that was what her mother told her, and hers before her, and so on and so forth. Who knows how old it is." She turned into the Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station.

Well, at least he knew what her name was now. He had ever intention of finding Teal'c or Jack once they got in there. Perhaps one of them knew what was going on. Or maybe this is all a set up, and they won't be real either...

Soon enough the car was parked and all three of them got out of it. It was then that Jonas realized that they still had the boy with them. He looked back at Kyna, who was locking the doors. She didn't seem to notice anything wrong.

"Uppies!" The boy tugged on his coat. Jonas bent down and picked him up. "Ya! I'm taller than Mommy now!"

The woman turned back and gave him a crocked grin before smiling, "You sure are!"

Jonas followed her into the entrance. They walked to one of the fifteen buildings, which served at the Mountain's Day Care Center, dentist's office, barbershop, and chapel.

Upon entering the Day Care Center, Jethro gave Jonas a quick kiss on the cheek before saying, "Down now, please."

Jonas smiled at the boy; he thought that he had very good manners for someone so young. He really was starting to remind him of himself.

One of the Lieutenants on duty walked over to them with a clipboard in hand. "Good morning, Ambassador," She turned to Kyna, "Good Morning Mrs. Quinn." She looked down at the boy who was smiling up at her. "Good morning, Jethro."

"Good morning, Lt. Bravo." He turned to his mother and raised his arms. "Kisses!" Kyna bent down to give the boy a kiss.

Lt. Bravo handed Jonas the clipboard and a pen. He smiled at her, taking the pen. "Morning, how are you?"

"I'm doing well, sir, and yourself?" She smiled watching Kyna and Jethro hug before he ran off to play with the two boys that Jonas had seen in the picture earlier.

"I'm well enough." Jonas filled out all the information that he knew, and then signed it. Then he handed it over to Kyna.

"I see that Bra'tac and Conner are here." She smiled, "I guess that means that Teal'c is visiting his new grandson with Istha."

Jonas looked around expecting to see Master Bra'tac, but all he could find were children. He shifted his gaze over to where the three boys were playing.

Kyna handed the clipboard back to him, "You forgot to date it."

"Oh.. ya, that's right." He took the clipboard and looked at the date that she had used. He nearly dropped the board when he read that she had written September 18, 2011.

Kyna's brows came together; she sensed that there was something very wrong with Jonas. She had tried not to think much of it before since he hadn't mentioned anything to her; but now she felt that he was on the verge of panicking.

Jonas quickly dated the sheet and headed towards the door. Jethro ran up to him and grabbed onto his leg. Jonas could only stare at him. The boy motioned for him to kneel. "Daddy, I have to tell you something."

Jonas just wanted to get out of there, but he didn't have the heart to tell the boy to leave him alone. So, he bent down.

"Grandma said that everything will be ok," he whispered as if it were a really big secrete. He then gave him a quick kiss before running off to jump in the ball pit at the far end of the room.

Jonas got up and hurried out of the room and into the hallway. He started to pace while rubbing his face with one hand.

Kyna excused herself from the Lieutenant and then she quickly exited the room as well so that she could go after him. She found him leaning against the wall as if supporting himself. "Jonas, what's the matter," she asked with a soft and soothing tone.

Jonas turned, "You know what's the matter, everything! You, them," he waved his hand towards the door which she had just exited from, "everything!" He stared at her for a moment before leaning back against the wall and shaking his head. "I just don't know what's real anymore."

Kyna moved next to him, she rubbed his arm with her hand, "I'm real, Jonas. I promise you that." She gave him a warm smile.

He shifted his gaze towards her, "You don't understand. I didn't even know your name until you told me. I have never seen you before in my life." He waved his hand towards the door again. "I have no idea who they are, and I don't even remember the SGC having a Day Care."

"Did this start this morning?" She asked as she studied his body language.

"It was like one moment I was somewhere else, and then the next I heard the alarm go off." He felt like he was going insane.

"What was the last thing that you remember?" She started to pace as she tried to figure out what was going on.

Jonas searched his mind. "Lymnal... He had me examine an Urn... people started to get sick."

Kyna stopped and slowly turned. "Jonas, that happened seven years ago."

"I know, I know..." He fixed his gaze on her.

She took a deep breath, "How about we go down to the infirmary and see if Dr. Carmichael can come up with some answers." She gave him a warm smile as she rubbed her lower back.

"You don't think I'm crazy?" He looked at her with disbelief.

She shook her head, "no Jonas, I don't think that you're crazy. Stranger things have happened before. And besides, I love you and I'm going to help you get to the bottom of this." She had a very determined look in her eye that suggested that she meant what she said.

He placed his hand on her shoulder. "Thank you."

"Your welcome."

About a half hour later in the SGC Control Room

Sam just finished hooking up the new ZPM that she was designed to the machinery. The lights flickered off for a moment before turning back on, "Well, I think that's it!"

Jack was standing behind her as she turned to announce that she was done, "You think?"

"Well, ya."

Jack turned and looked at the Technician, "Dial it up!"

The technician keyed in eight chevrons. "Chevron one encoded."

"Sir, aren't we going to wait for Kyna? She has been monitoring my progress though out the entire time that I've been working on this." She felt that she owed her the opportunity to at least see it work the first time.

"Chevron two encoded."

"We would, but she's in the infirmary right now." He puts his hands in his pockets.

"Chevron three encoded."

"In the infirmary? Is everything alright with the baby?" Sam looked very concerned.

"Everything is fine with that, she's in there because of Jonas. Apparently he can't remember anything from oh... say the last seven years." Jack didn't know what to make of the situation.

"Chevron four encoded."

"Are you serious?" Sam couldn't believe it. Forgetting seven years just didn't happen over night.

"Chevron five encoded."

"Ya, very very serious." Jack shifted his focus to the Gate.

"Chevron six encoded."

"Permission to go down there as soon as we're finished here, sir." Sam had always felt that her work was important, but she felt that her friends came first. She shifted her stance to watch the Gate as well.

"Chevron seven encoded!"

"Granted." Everyone in the Control Room held their breath as they waited for the eighth chevron to encode.

"Chevron eight encoded!" The wormhole became established.

Silence fell upon the Control Room. Everyone present including Col. Davis turned his or her attention towards Major General O'Neill.

Jack blinked; he felt that everybody was watching him. "What?" He cleared his throat. "Sgt. Harriman, open a channel."

The City of Atlantis, Pegasus Galaxy

"Sir, a wormhole has been established." Sgt. Markham turned towards Major Sheppard as she came into the room.

"I see that, who's dialed in?" He went up the steps to stand next to the sergeant.

"Earth to Atlantis, come in Atlantis! This is Major General Jack O'Neill."

"Well I'll be damned." He used the radio to answer. "It's good to hear from you General O'Neill! You don't call you don't write. I was beginning to think that you guys didn't like us anymore!" He smirked.

"Ha ha very funny Sheppard. Where is Dr. Weir?"

"Oh, on the main land. Partying with the Athosians and the majority of our people. They just finished bringing in the harvest." He cleared his throat, "What can we do for you?"

"Well, you can receive brand spanking new stuff along with some reinforcements."

"Sounds great, Sir!" He took down the force shield that was in front of their Gate.

"Well, it's the least I can do, you know since I forgot your birthday and all." He paused, "Although we are going to hold on the reinforcements for a while. We first want your people to install your brand new ZPM, complements Colonel Carter. Oh, and don't worry, it comes with instructions."

"Well, give the Colonel our thanks. I'm going to go to the mainland and pick up Dr. Weir, I'm sure that she would want to be here for this."

An auto-powered truck came though the gate caring tons of supplies. As soon as a second one finished coming though the wormhole closed.

Sheppard turned towards Sgt. Marham, "Make sure that 'Fred' doesn't get wind of this."

"Yes, Sir." He hated the fact that they were keeping a Wraith here.

Dr. Zelenka came into the room. "Is this...is this from Earth?"

"Yes, Zelenka, it is. And they sent us a gift as well. A brand new ZPM with instructions." John smirked as he walked down steps. He patted the scientist on the back. "Wait for McKay before doing anything."

"Ya sure..." He went over to the trucks and started going though the stuff.

Over and Hour Later

Dr. Zelenka had read the directions to the ZPM and moved it into place. He planed to hook it up without McKay.

Sgt. Markham walked up to him. "What are you doing?"

"Just getting a head start." He smiled and then he started the ZPM. The power flickered out since he had diverted the generator's power away from the main city line.

In his cell, the Wraith called 'Fred' smiled. He quickly made his move.

The SGC Infirmary

Jonas was sitting on one of the beds wearing a typical white infirmary smock. He was feeling rather frustrated with the entire processes. He had a complete physical done along with an MRI.

Kyna was sitting opposite of him on another bed. She had barely left his side the entire time that he had been down there.

Daniel and Sam walked into the infirmary. "Hi guys!" Sam gave them a warm smile.

"How are you doing?" It was a bit more obvious to see the concern on Daniel's face.

"Well, I physically feel fine, but I just don't know what's happening to me." Jonas was a bit relieved to see some familiar faces, but he was still feeling self-conscious.

"Do you think this has anything to do with what Nirrti did to you?" Sam tilted her head looking at Jonas. She had been trying to figure out the situation since Jack told her about it.

Jonas shook his head, "No, I don't think so, but anything is possible." He sighed, "When I was getting the visions, I had head-aches and some dizziness. I haven't felt anything like that today."

"What about the surgery that removed the tumor, could they have damaged something then that would be affecting you now?" Daniel asked trying to help out.

"I find it hard to believe that after about nine years that would be affecting him now." Sam turned to Daniel.

Jonas noticed Dr. Carmichael coming over to them. "We may just find out now."

Dr. Carmichael walked over to the group caring his clipboard and the results of the MRI.

Daniel and Sam, excused themselves, and walked over to the far side of the infirmary.

"As far as I can tell, your in perfect health. There is nothing wrong with your MRI." His brows came together; he hated not knowing what was wrong with his patients.

"How is this possible, there has to be something concrete going on here." Jonas was even more frustrated now then he was before.

Dr. Carmichael shook his head, "There isn't." He shifted his gaze over to Kyna. "I'm going to recommend a psychological analysis to be done." He nodded and walked away.

Up until this point Kyna had not said very much of anything, but she wasn't going to sit back and have the doctor tell her that her husband was crazy. She got up and went after him.

Sam and Daniel walked back over to Jonas. "So, what's the verdict," Daniel asked.

Jonas raised his brows, "Oh, I'm crazy." He gave them a strained sigh, "Dr. Carmichael wants me to get a psychological analysis done."

"Ouch, are you okay with that," Daniels brows came together, as he stuck his hands in his pockets. He found it hard to believe that Jonas would suddenly just lose it.

"No, but what am I going to do?" He frowned, and then he shifted his gaze over to Kyna who was standing half way across the infirmary talking with Dr. Carmichael. She appeared to be equally as frustrated as he was as she stood there rubbing her lower back. He tilted his head to the side noticing something that had eluded him before. "Is she pregnant?"

Both Daniel and Sam looked back at Kyna and then back at Jonas. Sam, nodded, "She's five months along."

Jonas started rubbing his face with both hands. Daniel tried to think of something to lighten the situation up, "There's actually a pole going around on what you two are going to name her."

A son, and now a daughter, it was all too much for him. He leaned back on the bed and stared up at the ceiling while trying to will his memories to come back to him.

Kyna walked back over to them, she was shaking her head. "I was able to buy us twenty four hours." She sighed, "It's not much, but it's at least something."

"Perhaps we could use a Tok'ra memory device?" Sam looked between Kyna and Jonas.

"No." Kyna lifted her eyes to Sam. "We're going to do things the easy way this time." She gave her a determined looking smile.

"Excuse me, did she say the easy way?" Daniel blinked he couldn't believe that he actually heard Kyna say something like that. She was always insisting on them to try to figure things out for themselves without having to rely on her Ancient knowledge and capabilities.

Jonas picked his head up; he had no idea about what they were talking about. "What's the easy way?"

Kyna gave him a lopsided smile, "Oh, I'm going to read your mind. Don't worry, I'm just going to see if you have a break in your memories or not."

Jonas blinked several times, he thought that was the craziest thing that he had ever heard.

"Do you think that the Ascended could have had something to do with this," asks Daniel as he took off his glasses to clean them with a tissue.

"It wouldn't surprise me if they did." She moved closer to Jonas. "It's going to be okay."

Jonas looked back and forth between Sam and Daniel; he still had no idea of what they were talking about.

"Jonas, Kyna's an Ancient. She can see into people's minds sometimes." Daniel took a deep breath.

"An Ancient?" He looked over at her, wondering why would she ever choose him to be her husband. "Well, I'm up for going on a little faith here." He leaned back against the pillows.

"I'll keep watch." Sam moved slightly away from the group to watch out for Dr. Carmichael. He simply hated it when Kyna used her abilities to help his patients.

Kyna gave Sam a warm smile, "Thank you." She turned her attention back to Jonas. "I want you to take a deep breath, and try to relax." She placed her hands just slightly above his head. Kyna tilted her head and closed her eyes. "Now, try to think of the last thing that you remember happening before you woke up this morning."

Jonas did exactly what she said to do. He tried his best to think of what happened before he woke up and all that he could come up with was being sick in a classroom at the University watching the nurse leave. Then the next thing that he heard was the alarm going off.

"Anything?" Sam looked over her shoulder.

Kyna stepped back, shaking her head. "It is exactly as he said, there is no memory break." She started to bite her nails, looking slightly pale while not knowing what to do.

Jonas sat up, "So, now what? What if I never get them back?" He specifically asked Kyna.

She stopped biting her nails. "Well, we will take it one day at a time. And you'll just have to get to know me all over again." She tried to give him a reassuring smile. He fell in love with her once, he could do it again. At least that's what she hoped.

"And the boy?"

"Well, that's a bit more complicated, Jonas. He loves you so much, and I'm sure that he'll be able to tell that something is different. I can only hope that you will continue to be a father to him." She held a pleading look in her eyes.

Jonas couldn't act selfish when it came to a child. "I will."

The SGC Control Room

The Off World Activation Alarm goes off.

"Sir, incoming worm hole." The new technician looks back over his shoulder.

"Who's dialing in?" Jack steps into the control room.

The new technician watches the screen as the Atlantis IDC comes up. "It's Atlantis." He sounded very excited, and then opens the iris before permission was granted.

"Hey! Never ever do that again." Jack sounded a bit peeved about the new technician's eagerness. Before he could move over and close the iris again, a large energy blast comes though the wormhole, knocking him off his feet. "What the...?

Dozens of wraith storm though the gate caring stun weapons. Quickly everyone in the Gate Room and Control Room are over taken. The wraith never stopped to hesitate to shoot anyone.

Their leading emerges though the Star Gate grinning. He had easily over taken the few guards and personal in the floating city. In their over confidence, he was able to suck several dry learning what he needed to know to get in contact with his people and though the gate to the large harvest that awaited them on the other side.

Several of the drones start feasting on the personal on the Gate Room floor. The one, who finishes first, goes up to the control room and finds Jack stunned on the ground. He picks him up and drags him down the stairs towards their leader.

Jack couldn't believe that this was happening. He couldn't move nor speak, and oh how angry he was right now at that technician! Although he had no idea what was in store for him. All he could do was stare up at the ugly mug of the alien who apparently was their leader.

The wraith smiled, and sniffed the air. "This one is strong!" He ripped open Jack's shirt, and fed. Once he was finished all he could do was grin. Jack's lifeless body fell to the ground, as the wraith turned towards one of the drones. "Find our Ancient Enemy, and bring her directly to me!"

Behind him dozens more of the wraith came though the gate to help take the base.

The SGC Infirmary

"Perhaps if Jonas does some of his normal activities, it might jog his memory." Kyna had the sweetest smile on her face.

"I seriously don't see how that will make much of a difference, Mrs. Quinn." Dr. Carmichael said as he crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"You said it yourself that you could find nothing physically wrong with him. So, at least let me go eat lunch with him. Please?" She looked over to Daniel and Sam who were standing a few feet away from them.

Jonas was also there, but he was sitting up in bed, smirking and thinking about how well this woman must know him. He hated sitting in the infirmary, any other place on the base was better then in there.

Dr. Carmichael was about to say more when he saw the expression on Kyna's face go from sweet to absolute fear as she collapsed to her knees. Her breathing grew heavy, as she turned as white as a ghost.

"Kyna!" Daniel moved over to her and took her hand. "Kyna was is it?"

Dr. Carmichael took out his flashlight and started to examine her vitals.

"What's happening? What's going on?" Jonas stood up. He looked over to Sam, "Has this ever happened before?"

Sam shook her head, "No, no it hasn't."

Kyna's eyes closed as if she had entered REM sleep.

Cheyenne Mountain Daycare Center

Jethro was running back and forth with his two best friends, Connor and Bra'tac, racing their cars. He suddenly stopped, "Mommy? Why are you so sad?" He shakes his head, "I don't understand."

Near by Lt. Bravo was reading a story to a group of slightly older children. She looked up hearing the boy speak. She has been personally selected to watch him because she too has the Ancient Gene, and could easily handle Jethro's unique abilities. She stopped reading and walked over to him. She knelt down, and placed her hand on his shoulder. "Jethro, what's going on?"

"We need to leave, now. Right now. Immediately. Use the rings, use the rings go to Fort Carson, tell the president, show him... show him... Go to Deshi, go to Deshi. Leave now. All the children, use the rings, get them out of here. Foothold... foothold." He starts to cry and whispers, "There is no time, the Wraith have come." He touches her face.

Lt. Bravo, felt the wave of emotions that were coming from Kyna. She quickly ran over and picked up the bell, and then started to ring it. "Fire alarm, Fire alarm, everyone move to the Red Carpet." She looked at the other personal in the room, "That's an order." Some of the children continued to play, "If you all go on the Red Carpet you will get a special surprise!" All the children were gathered on the carpet within the span of a minute. Lt. Bravo places her hand on a mirror next to the door, and it melted away. She then pressed a stone, and rushed over to join the children on the red carpet. Within seconds, rings come up though the ground and the group disappears.

The SGC Infirmary

"The children will be safe now." Kyna opened her eyes as tears fall freely from them.

The alarms go off.

Dr. Carmichael got up and left to find out what was happening.

Kyna knelt there shaking her head, "It's too late... just too late..." She looks Daniel in the eyes, "It was a warning Daniel, why didn't I understand that?"

Daniel shakes her, "Snap out of it, Kyna. What was a warning? What has happened?"

More tears roll down her cheeks as she reaches up and touches her forehead to his.

Daniel saw flashes. He felt as if he were being dragged from the control room and down stairs into the gate room. Then he sees a large figure with long white hair, a white snake like face and bright yellow eyes grinning over him. "This one is strong!" Finally he starts to feel the life being violently ripped out, memories stolen, his strength melted away. But deeper than that he feels the hunger and hatred bread into the one whom was feeding. There is a sense that they are extremely old and will never stop feeding on their kind.

Kyna sat back on her heals, she was still silently crying.

"Daniel, what did she show you?" Sam moved closer to them. While Jonas remained where he was, not knowing what to make of the situation.

Daniel looked at Sam and then back to Kyna. "Who was that?"

Kyna closes her eyes, and barely whispers, "Jack."

"We need to help him, we need to save him!" Daniel felt panicked.

Kyna sat there holding her abdomen, "It's too late. There is nothing we can do." She bows her head and rocks back and forth crying.

Sam grabs Kyna by the shoulders, and shakes her. "What do you mean it's too late? What's going on, damn it Kyna, stop crying!"

"I'm so sorry Sam! I'm so sorry!" Kyna began to hiccup.

Jonas came over and knelt down next to Kyna who gripped on to him as if her very existence depended on it.

Sam turned towards Daniel who was also crying. "Daniel what's wrong? What did she show you?"

Daniel whipped his eyes, "Jack's gone Sam." His lips quivered, and more tears fell freely onto his cheeks. He was too scared to say anything else.

Sam had paled as well, and then she started to shake her head. "No! No! I won't believe that!" She turned towards Kyna and pulls on her arm. "Bring him back! Bring him back now!"

Kyna shakes her head. "I can't..." She sobs louder into Jonas's chest.

"Kyna stop hiding and look at me." Sam tries to say it as calmly as possible. She watched her turn her head towards her. "Now, tell me why you can't help him. Tell me everything, don't hold anything back."

Kyna took several breaths before turning her head towards Sam. "They're like vampires Sam, real life sucking bastards!" She closed her eyes, "Jack reached out to me, he finally did it, we worked so hard for so long...." She shook her head; "he wanted to warn us, to save the children before it was too late." She swallowed hard. "Then I saw into the Wraith's mind... they're old, really old. I saw the memories of my people and thousands of others who had fallen to their lustful hunger. They will never stop, they will come to call no matter what."

Jonas blinked he recognized the name, "You mean the song was a warning?"

Sam turned away from them; she couldn't stop her tears from falling as well. She looked back at them, "The one that Jeth taught Connor? I thought it was a bit morbid, but a warning?" She shook her head, "It makes sense, everything you said is in the lyrics."

"Does the song say how to kill them?" Daniel had regained some of his composure. All he wanted to do now was to send them back to the dark and dismal corner of the universe from which they came before they feed on anyone else.

Kyna shook her head, "No, if my ancestors knew how to get rid of them. I'm sure they would have done so, even if it wasn't in their nature."

"There must be some why to stop them that they didn't think of." Daniel searched his mind while looking at the ground. Then he looked up at them, "You said they are vampiric? Perhaps that is where the origins of the vampire myths come from."

"So, what your saying is that we need to gather holy water, crosses, stakes, garlic, and silver to kill them?" Sam didn't think it was that simple.

"Perhaps not the holy water and crosses, but the other items might work. A stake though the heart may just do the trick..." Daniel wasn't even sure if that would work. "Although I did see what their leader was wearing, and it doesn't look like we can do that."

"So what then?" Jonas wanted to help too, even if he had lost all of his memories.

"Perhaps the combination of the garlic and the silver broken down on a monocular level could cause an allergic reaction." Sam was trying to run as many possibilities though her head; it helped her not feel the pain of Jack's sudden loose. She was still in denial about it anyway.

"Even if that was the case, we don't have enough of any of those materials to make much of a difference." Kyna looked between the two of them.

"Maybe the garlic might be enough." Daniel sounded a bit unsure of himself, but it was worth a shot.

"What if it doesn't work, we need to have a back up plan just in case." Jonas felt a growing tug of fear as to what that might be.

"Zat them, three clicks." Sam became very frustrated, if she had more time she could have studied them and figured out a way to kill them.

"And if that doesn't work?" Daniel tried to search each of their faces, they all held the same expression.

Kyna looked down at her rounded abdomen, before looking back up at Daniel. "We... we rig a Naquadah generator to explode. They can't reach the surface."

"We blow up the base?" Daniel said it slowly.

"They have all of Jack's memory's Daniel. They now know basically everything about us. My only hope is that the mental connection which they have doesn't go back though the gate, so that their hives won't know what they know." Kyna held a defeated look in her eyes.

"But what if it does?" Daniel just couldn't believe that they were going to sit by and blow themselves up.

"Then it will take them years to get here by ship." Kyna looked up at Sam and then back over to Daniel.

"And hopefully by that time, we will be prepared for them." Jonas finished the thought out loud.

Kyna bowed her head, and started to try to come up with a mental map of where they were in the base already.

"Why not just rig the base self destruct sequence?" Jonas asked because he was a bit confused as to why they had to blow up one of the Naquadah generators.

"One they might be able to retreat back though the gate taking personnel with them, and then they could possibly lock us out of our own systems so we couldn't abort the sequence. And two, Col. Davis was on duty in the control room. So, they have at least two command codes already." Sam didn't like the idea of blowing the base up either, but right now it seemed to be their only option to keep the Wraith from reaching the surface and causing chaos.

"Can't we negotiate with them?" Jonas wasn't ready to give up yet.

"Normally, I would be willing to negotiate with anyone, but I know it wouldn't work in this case." Daniel paused to try to think of the best way to explain it. "We're like domesticated animals to them, bread purely for them to feed on us."

Kyna's head popped up, "They're coming! We need to move now! They're already in the escape tunnels heading towards the surface!" She struggled a bit to stand.

Sam swallowed, "Alright, we're going to break up into two groups. Jonas and I will head out and rig the Naquadah generator. Daniel and Kyna go to the Cafeteria and find some garlic." She crossed the room to a locker on the far wall, and swiped into it with her card. "Keep radio silence unless something happens. We don't want to alert them to our plan." She tossed the radios to each of them, and then she started to hand out zats and P-90s. "Meet us at the Generator Facility when you're done."

"Since when does the infirmary have a mini armory in it?" Jonas asked the rhetorical question because he couldn't believe his eyes.

Sam made eye contact with each of them. "Move out." She jogged out the door.

Kyna grabbed Jonas's arm, and quickly gave him a kiss on his lips. With tears in her eyes, she said, "Good bye my love." She then ran out of the infirmary followed by Daniel.

Jonas stood there a bit stunned for a moment before moving forward to follow Sam.

Sam had paused to wait for him. They could hear several corridors away P-90s going off. "We'll take the emergency tunnels to level 18. We have an entire room filled with them up there now." They reached a certain point in the hall that looked as if the wall was bare, but Sam reached forward and placed her hand on it. She looked over at Jonas, "Ancient Deshian Technology." The wall shimmered and Sam was able to swipe to gain access to the tunnel. The wall opened for them, and they entered disappearing into the tunnels before the corridor was over taken by Wraith.

Daniel and Kyna had gone down the opposite corridor then that of Sam and Jonas. Kyna reached out and stopped Daniel. "Wait!"

Daniel turned towards her, "We have to keep moving."

"I know, but Daniel." She took a deep breath, not believing that she was going to suggest this to him. "The Wraith can not gain access to the repository." She shook her head, "Don't let them take me Daniel. Please don't let them take me."

"If it comes down to it, I may not have a choice." His brows came together.

"Yes you do." She grabbed the wrist of the hand that was holding the Zat, and pulled it towards her chest. "Three clicks Daniel. No trace must survive." She then dropped his wrist and continued down the hall to go to the emergency elevator.

"I can't do that Kyna!" He hurried after her. Not believing that she would tell him to kill her.

Kyna swiped her card. "They're hunting me Daniel. I can sense it." She heard the P-90s going off down distant corridors before entering the elevator.

Sublevel 18, Naquadah Generator Storage Facility

Jonas and Sam entered the Facility without any problems. The room was not very large in size, but it held everything that they needed. Twenty-four generators littered the shelves along one wall. Other scientific equipment was present as well. Sam pressed her hand against the wall, and the door swung close. She then entered several codes into a keypad and swiped her card.

Sam moved one of the generators from its place on the wall, and carried it over to a lab table. She then hooked it up to a computer, and went to work. "This is going to take a few minutes."

Jonas looked around. On the opposite side of the room was shelving that held four generators that looked quite different then the Naquadah ones. "Sam, what are those?"

She looked up, "Naquadria generators." She smirked, "You figured out how to stabilize it about seven years ago." She started the feed back loop. "Don't worry they won't blow, if they did half the state would go along with us."

"Oh, well that's reassuring." He frowned.

"It better be. My son, is likely being held at Fort Carson with yours." She sniffled, knowing that she would never see him again. "There it is done. All we have to do now is wait." She whipped her eyes.

Jonas turned towards her, "Why do you think that the Wraith haven't come up here yet?"

Sam shook her head; "I don't think that anyone in the Gate or Control Room would ever consider that we would ever have a situation where we would possibly think of blowing up the base." She motioned her hand towards the door. "Besides, even if they did come up here, it would likely take them too long to get through that door."

"What about the garlic, what do you think we can do with that?" He was very worried about Daniel and Kyna. Even if he didn't remember who Kyna was, he had grown attached to her over the course of the day.

Sam started placing other instruments on the table. "I want to break it down into a gas form and perhaps release it into the air ducts." She whipped several tears from her eyes, trying to remain focused. "It's a long shot, but it's all we have to go on right now."

Jonas walked over to her and gave her a hug. "It's okay to cry Sam."

"I know..." She couldn't hold tears back any longer.

The SGC Cafeteria

"Think that this is going to work?" Daniel asked as he followed Kyna though the doors that led into the Cafeteria.

Kyna didn't respond at first. She wasn't sure, the information in the repository, which was in her head, stops right before Atlantis left this galaxy. "I hope it does. There is some garlic behind the serving counter." She pointed, "I know where it is in the back."

Daniel jogged past her and went to look for it under the serving counter.

Kyna headed though the doors that lead to the kitchen and stopped dead short. Her eyes went wide with terror, seeing the Wraith leader standing there grinning at her. She opened fire on him with her P-90, but the bullets did nothing. The Wraith had developed a shield device that would not allow them to pass though. All she could do was move backwards though the swinging door.

Daniel had heard the P-90 go off, and as he was getting up onto his feet when Kyna came back though the door. He saw her raise her hand towards him indicating that she was about to mentally push him into the large almost empty cabinet that he had been looking though. The doors swung closed on him and he was trapped for the moment. He tried to push them open but could not; all he could here was Kyna's voice in his head hissing at him to "stay!" He felt utterly helpless in there, and was about to make some noise which would have forced her to release him, but the word, "REMEMBER!" popped into his head.

Kyna had done all that she could to help Daniel for the moment. She just prayed that the Wraith leader wouldn't be able to smell him.

The Wraith leader stepped forward and though the doors to follow her as she retreated into the next room. His grinning eyes shifted slightly to see his brethren enter through the entrance of the cafeteria. "So, this is where our Ancient Enemy dwells. Such a bountiful planet." He slowly walks around her since she stopped moving. "We shall enjoy many good harvests to come."

Kyna had stopped when she saw that there was no place to escape too. She held her chin high, and suppressed her fears. But for the moment they caused her to keep silent.

The Wraith leader takes in a deep woof of her essence. "Fear! I love the smell of it." He brings his face with in several inches of hers. "But she's hiding something."

She held his gaze, not daring to look at the direction in which Daniel was hiding.

Daniel couldn't take this. He wanted to do something, but couldn't. He felt his helplessness and rage grow with each word that he heard the Wraith speak.

The Wraith leader brought his hands up and ripped open Kyna's uniform. His grin grew twice in size finding that the Ancient woman was with child.

Kyna felt as if her heart had stopped. She wrapped her arms around her abdomen in the foolish hope that she could protect her daughter from him.

The Wraith Leader turned around and started to walk away, but then stopped after two or three steps. "We are a very patient race." He looked into her eyes and then at her abdomen. "Two meals tend to be better than one." He raised his hand to motion for the drones to move. "Take her though the Gate!" He had no need to say it out loud, but did so for the pure pleasure of causing the Ancient woman more distress.

"NO!" Kyna turned towards the kitchen door, to try to run away, but fell forward onto the ground next to the entrance to the serving area. One of the Wraith Drones had hit her with a stunning weapon. Tears of frustration came to her eyes, silently she begged Oma, to come to her aid. She even called out her grandmother and her parents who had ascended many years ago.

The cabinet doors that held Daniel back, slowly swung open because Kyna could no longer hold her mental grip on them. Daniel was able to see one of the Drones bending over her to pick her up. But what caused him the most heart ach was the look that Kyna held in her eyes as she stared at him. Daniel shook his head, he couldn't do it... he couldn't kill the woman who had become like a sister to him. But then out of the corner of his mind came a desperate, "please."

As Daniel waged an inner battle trying to decide what to do, the drone started to carry her away. But when he hears her cry out for him in his mind for the last time, he knew that he had no other choice. He jumped out of his hiding place and raised the zat. There were too many drones present to take them all out. He had only one option. "I don't think so!" His tears fell freely onto his cheeks and he clicked it three times.

With in the stroke of a heartbeat, Kyna watched the zat go off and fly through the air. She was at least able to reach out to her son and say with her mind, "Good by, my..." Kyna Quinn disappeared into nothingness as the third electric pulse enveloped her.

Daniel dropped the zat, and went into shock. He couldn't believe that he had just done that.

The Wraith Leader turned around, as he was about to leave, but stopped as he sensed the Ancient woman's demise. He hissed and charged Daniel. He smacked him so hard that he flew into the wall.

At this point Daniel didn't care what happened to him. The pain that he felt in his heart was more then he could bear.

The Wraith Leader narrowed his eyes, if he could not feed on the Ancient Woman he would feed on this simpleton. He tore open Daniel's shirt and fed. He had the uncanny ability among his people to steal memories along with life. Once he was done, he let out a violent roar. He had been deceived! He gets up, and marches out the door with several of the drones following him.

Level 18, Naquadah Generator Storage Facility

Sam was pacing back and forth. She looked at her watch. "Two minutes."

"They need more time." Jonas sounded very anxious.

"It's been twenty minutes, we don't have any more time. It takes about a half hour to reach the surface though the tunnels." Sam jumped hearing pounding at the door.

"That's them!" Jonas steps from around the lab table and goes towards the door.

"Negative. Kyna wouldn't need to knock; the doors automatically open for her. Besides, Daniel would have swiped in if he had too."

Jonas shook his head, and raised his radio. "Daniel, come in." He paused, "Kyna do you read me?"

"Thirty seconds." The door continues to receive blasts from the outside.

Jonas slowly shakes his head, and then he looked at Sam.

"I know."

He blinked as they were engulfed in the blast.

A blanket of whiteness fell across Jonas's eyes. He blinked several times as his vision cleared. He turned around to find a woman with long spiraled curled blond hair and violet eyes watching him. She was the vision of pure beauty as she radiated a white aura. He narrowed his eyes; her features seemed rather familiar to him. "Am I dead," he asked her since she had not said a word.

She shook her head. "No, but you are sleeping." She shrugged, "Your body is recovering from the Viralyn."

"Who are you?" His brows came together.

"This is grandma!" The sound of an excited young man's voice came from behind him.

"Tesmindar of the House of Aria is what I was once called." She smiled warmly at them.

Jonas turned to look at the young man that called Tesmindar, grandma. He was extremely surprised to see that the young man looked very similar to himself. The only difference was that he had violet eyes, and that his smile reminded him of Kyna's. "Jethro?"

The young man's smile spread from ear to ear. He gazed over at his grandmother. "See, I told you that he would know me." He looked back at his father, and then cleared his throat. "Do you remember the last thing that I said to you?"

Jonas looked down, and rubbed his chin. " 'Grandma said that everything will be okay.' You knew then what was going to happen?"

Jethro shook his head, "Not exactly."

"I merely told him not to be scared, since this was his plan to begin with."

"I'm really confused. I was sick, then I woke up seven years in the future, and then later I died." Jonas looked from Tesmindar to Jethro and then back again.

"Actually in real time what you went though never happened the exact way you experienced it." Jethro rubbed his chin seeing the apparent confusion on his father's face. "Basically I'm a product of what your genetics are advanced by several million years. Meaning that I have control to some degree of time and was able to show you want will happen."

"How is that possible?" He looked at his son as if he were crazy.

"You're the descendent of Cassandiopia. She had the unique ability to see into the future. It was because of her that many of our people were able to escape Troy before it was hit by the earthquake that brought its walls down. She stayed behind to try to convince the human inhabitants to leave the city, telling them that Poseidon was angry and would send his horse to destroy them. They did not believe her, and when the earthquake hit, it left the city exposed for invasion by the Greek army that was in retreat." Tesmindar clapped her hands in front of her. She knew that it was a brief explanation, but it was all that she could give him since they were running out of time.

"Wait, you mean Cassandra from the Iliad was my ancestor?" Jonas found that a bit hard to believe.

Tesmindar nodded, "She was captured by the Greeks, and when the Goa'uld Mother Ship appeared over their ships as they were on their way home, she was taken with them."

"The Greeks that evaded the Mother Ship, changed the story to make it more believable. And then though their oral traditions they passed down the story until it was finally written down." Jethro added in, "My mother's DNA awoken what laid dormant in yours though me."

Jonas searched his heart; he had always felt different from everyone else. Was what they said even remotely possible? "Alright, I now know how you were able to do it. Well, sort of. Anyway, now why did you do it?"

"Most of what happened in your vision was true. Jack saved us by sending mother the message before he died. In turn, mother contacted me to tell Lt. Bravo to leave. But beyond that all I know is that the base was destroyed." Jethro held a very sad look in his young eyes. "For the next fifteen years, we prepared as much as we could. Teal'c was a great help in gathering our allies to combat the Wraith." He looked down as if ashamed with himself. "But when they finally did come to call, they destroyed all the worlds that housed the Jaffa. We tried our best to fight them off, but we failed..." He shook his head; "I ascended to try to prevent this from happening again." He looked at his grandmother. "The others don't know what I have done. I'm not even sure if they can stop it now."

"Why now? Why warn me now? Why not the day before it actually happens?" It was a lot for Jonas to take in.

"The only opportunity that we were able to do this was while you were affected by the Viralyn. It was both before you met my daughter, and before you knew about Atlantis." Tesmindar studied his emotions carefully.

"Alright, say when I wake up, I tell the people of the SGC about what I've seen. How are we going to know that will change anything? In fact I don't even think that they will believe me. For all we know, my knowing about this might prevent you from ever being born." Jonas rubbed his chin as he went into deep thought.

"Those are all very good points. And we have decided that you won't exactly remember what you've seen until after my birth. You'll feel like your going though disavow every now and then, but things won't become clear until it is time for you to act. That way the time line will remain stable, and the other Ascendant ones won't find out until it's to late to change things." Jethro grinned.

"Although there is a slight possibility that you may remember sooner." Tesmindar sighed, "Though we are willing to take that chance."

Jonas looked troubled, "I won't remember you..." He sighed not know what else to ask, nor not knowing what else to do. He went over to his son and gives him a hug. "I'm very proud of you Jethro. I want you to know that."

Jethro held onto him for a moment before pulling away. He had dreamt of seeing his father again since the day he died. He looked up into his eyes. "Thank you."

Tesmindar moved behind Jonas and waved her hands over his head. He fell into unconsciousness.

"Jonas?" Sam stood up from her chair in the infirmary to look down at him. "How are you feeling?"

Jonas blinked, and then rubbed his eyes. He felt like he fell down a flight of stairs. "What happened?"

"You were very sick. You were infected by a pathogen known as the Viralyn. Luckily we were able to come up with a cure." Sam smiled, she was happy that he was finally awake.

"What about everyone else that was infected?" He rubbed his head.

"They are being treated as we speak." She shifted her weight. "Dr. Bightman wants to keep you here over night to make sure that you're completely cured. She said that you'd be able to return home tomorrow."

"That sounds great." He gave her a half smile.

"Is something wrong?" Sam tilts her head, not understanding why he seemed upset.

He shakes his head, "I don't know."

"Maybe you just need to rest." She gave him a reassuring smile.

"I guess so." He seemed lost in thought.

Sam turned to leave, but stopped. "Jonas, who's Jethro?"

His brows came together as he tried to place the name, but could not. "I don't know."

"Oh, well you said that name right before you woke up. I thought that maybe you were dreaming."

"That must have been it." He looked up at her.

"Hmm." She turned to leave again. "Good night Jonas!" She smiled once more.

"Good night." He closed his eyes and entered into a dreamless slumber.

((The end! Thank you for reading! Please let me know what you think. ? ))

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Amanda Eros