Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

But I Do Love You

by Aardvark and Anteater
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
But I Do Love You

But I Do Love You

by Aardvark and Anteater

TITLE:But I Do Love You
AUTHOR:Aardvark and Anteater
EMAIL:becky.cole@ntlworld.com
CATEGORY:Romance, Sam and Jack
SPOILERS:None
SEASON / SEQUEL:None
RATING:PG
CONTENT WARNINGS:None
SUMMARY:I like writing fics with songs in
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES:

It was Saturday night, dance night at the SGC. Most people were dancing but some were just here to relax. Major Samantha Cater had danced with almost every man in the room, apart from the one she wanted to dance with, Colonel Jack O'Neill. Jack wanted to go up and ask Sam to dance but someone else always got there first.

Sam

'God, why doesn't he just ask me to dance? I fed up with dancing with all these losers. Why doesn't he just come up and ask me? What if he doesn't like me that way anymore, I mean when we had the Zatarc test he was serious. Maybe he's shy. Yeah like Jack could be shy. Well it's not impossible. Is it? I thought he would have asked me by now.'

Jack

'Why does every guy beat me to her? God, I really want to kill some of those guys for getting so close, I mean if I can't then why should they? What if I go up and she doesn't want to dance anymore, even worse, what if I go up and she just doesn't want to dance with me?'

"This is the last song of the night and its gunna be a slow one." The DJ said over the mic. Sam saw Jack coming over to ask her to dance but Colonel Makepeace beat him to her.

"Would you like to have this last dance with me Major?" Makepeace asked.

"No," Sam replied, "I've promised the last dance to somebody else."

"Oh. O.K then." Makepeace said trying to sound sorry for him self.

"Sorry." Sam said as she waved he CO over.

"Major, would you like to dance?" Jack asked with a big grin on his face.

"Love to." Sam replied.

Sam

'Finally, what took him so long? Oh shut up Sam and dance.'

Jack

'That wasn't so hard now was it?'

Sam and Jack stared dancing just as LeAnn Rimes' new song came on.

I don't like to be alone at night, I don't like to hear I'm wrong when I'm right, I don't like to have the rain on my shoes, But I do love you, But I do love you.

As the song started playing Sam and Jack moved closer and closer together until there was no gap between them.

I don't like to see the sky painted grey, And I don't like when nothings going my way, And I don't like to be the one with the blues, But I do love you, But I do love you.

"Sam," Jack whispered as she lay her head on his shoulder, "Can I tell you something?"

"Anything."

"Anything?" Jack questioned

"Anything." Sam replied as their bodies moved along with the music.

"O.K then.umm.I.love you." Jack muttered hoping Sam would understand him.

"I love you too Jack."

Love everything about the way you're loving me, The way you lay your head upon my shoulder when you sleep, I'd love to kiss you in the rain, I love everything you do, oh I do.

I don't like to turn the radio on, just to find I've missed my favourite song, And I don't like to be the last one to lose, But I do love you, But I do love you.

As Sam lifted her head Jack kissed her forehead and held her tighter.

Love everything about the way you're loving me, The way you lay your head on my shoulder when you sleep, I'd love to kiss you in the rain, I love everything you do, oh I do.

I don't like to be alone at night, I don't like to hear I'm wrong when I'm right, I don't like to have the rain on my shoes, But I do love you, But I do love you, But I do love you, But I do love you.

"I love you Sam." "I love you to Jack."

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Aardvark and Anteater