Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Quick Conversation

by LE McMurray
[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Princess And The Scholar Part Four

The Princess And The Scholar Part Four

by L.E McMurray

Summary: Jack tries to find Daniel and Sha're but Daniel may lose Sha're before Jack can get to them.
Category: Angst, Drama, Romance
Episode Related: 101 Children of the Gods, 417 Absolute power
Season: any Season
Pairing: Daniel/Sha're
Rating: 13+
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2004-07-27

Author's Notes:- Thanks to Stonedtoad for betaing.

Hey, I finally managed to get the next part done.

Hope you enjoy and hopefully I'll be able to get the next part done soon.

----------------------------------------------------------

Sha're sat cross-legged on the bed watching Daniel pace up and down their prison, ever since Erit and the Goa'uld had captured them they'd been stuck in this room. She was tired and her wrists still ached from the ropes from her previous incarceration of less than an hour ago.

"Dan'iel," she said finally, "Please, sit down. You are making me dizzy."

With a sigh Daniel flopped onto the bed beside her, "I just want to know what's going on."

"I know," Sha're lay back beside him, "But at least we are together. I would not want to be separated from you, again."

Daniel turned so he could look at her, "I know."

"Dan'iel," Sha're said softly, "Can I ask you something?"

"Whatever you want," he answered.

"Did you find my son?" she asked quickly, hoping she hadn't upset him by bringing up such a painful subject but she had been desperate to know since she'd remembered she had a child even if the baby was not Daniel's.

When Daniel laughed in response Sha're looked confused. Seeing this Daniel reached out and stroked her cheek.

"I found him," he assured her, "And he is safe. I promise."

"What is he like?" Sha're asked eager to find out about her son, "Where is he? What is his name?"

"He is very like you," Daniel smiled, "Though I saw a bit of Skaara in him, he's being cared for by a powerful being called Oma Desala. I'll tell you more about her another time but she kept him safe from Apophis," Daniel noticed the shiver that went through her at that name, "As for his name she called him Shifu."

"Shifu," Sha're smiled as she said her son's name for the first time.

"It means `light'," Daniel told her confused as she gave a soft giggle, "What am I missing?"

"I never told you what my name means," Sha're said, "Did I?"

Daniel shook his head.

"Sha comes fromSha'vellawhich is a celestial being what you would call an angel," Sha're explained, "And Re comes fromRe'tyiwhich means fire."

"Angel of Fire," Daniel put it together laughing too, "It suits you."

"And my son's name means light..."

"Which comes from Fire," Daniel hugged her, "Very appropriate."

"I never told you what Dan'iel means," Sha're whispered in his ear, "Did I?"

"It means God is my judge," Daniel told her.

"Not on Abydos," Sha're smiled softly, "Dan was similar toDan'estawhich means gentle creature while Iel is short forIelru, Wise one. The gentle wise one, that is you my Dan'iel."

"I like that," he murmured.

Leaning closer he gently kissed her. Sha're melted against him smiling up at him as they parted.

"I wish something would happen," Daniel sighed, "I hate not knowing."

Sha're sighed also, as Daniel jumped up and started to pace again.

-

"I'm sorry your Highness," the only surviving guard of those sent to retrieve Sha're with Daniel said to Hendro, "There were many more of them than we expected there to be. And they took the Princess along with Dr Jackson. I barely escaped with my life after I was knocked unconscious."

Jack felt his jaw start to lock he was gritting his teeth so hard.

"Thank you," Hendro nodded dismissing the guard before turning to Jack, "I am so sorry General."

Jack sighed, "Can't we track them through the system again?"

"I doubt it," Sam sighed, "It's more than likely they would have left the city."

"They haven't," a new voice interrupted, as Maser entered the room, "My apologies for not making me presence known before now but Jitro was working with Erit."

"Erit?" Jack demanded.

"We were attacked after we rescued the Princess," Maser explained, "I allowed them to think I was unconscious when I was injured as Jitro betrayed us and I wanted to make sure I was able to report to you."

"Did you see which way they went?" Jack asked.

"Yes sir," Maser nodded, "They headed into the centre of the industrial district. Do you want me to round up a team to rescue them?"

"Not yet," Hendro told him, "Go and get checked out by the healer and then return to discuss this some more."

"Thank you," Maser nodded before leaving again.

-

Jack paced the room thinking, "We know this guys a Gould but why does he need Sha're?"

"Well since this is a Goa'uld," Sam said, "It's more than likely he's using Erit. Erit wants power, the Goa'uld has probably told him..."

"Told him what?" Jack demanded as she trailed off.

"Erit wants power," Sam continued, "The Goa'uld has told him that he'll give him it if he finds the Goa'uld a Queen."

"Sha're," Teal'c said.

"But isn't there someone else on the planet he could have chosen?" Jack cried, "What is it about her?"

"Oh my God," Sam cried as she was struck by a thought, "Teal'c, when Apophis was first looking for a host for Ammonet and the others the planets he went to, how many had Naquada on them?"

"Almost all," Teal'c replied.

"Okay," Sam went on, "How many of those chosen were from the non-Naquada planets?"

"None," Teal'c answered suddenly realising where this was leading to.

"Carter," Jack interrupted, "What are you getting at?"

"It's the Naquada sir," Sam told him, "Its part of what the Goa'uld are looking for when they search for the `perfect' host. Think about it sir. Sha're lived all her life on a planet with a working Naquada mine, as did Skaara. They were checking out Daniel who had it from his year but then chose Skaara because the concentration was higher."

"Okay, then that explains why they want her," Jack sighed, "So how do we find them?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daniel and Sha're turned as the door to the room opened and Erit walked in.

"You," Sha're snarled before she started cursing him in Abydonian and a few of the other languages she now knew.

"Sha're," Daniel stopped her pulling her back to him, "Let us go Erit."

Erit laughed, "No."

"You're going to regret this," Daniel told him, "Trust me."

"If you mean those idiots from Earth," Erit laughed, "They have no clue. They believe someone else has you and before they work it out she will be Gren'ha's new queen, I will control this world and you Dr Jackson will be dead."

"The Gould's going to betray you," Daniel told him, "It will take what it wants and you'll be left to take the fall. Erit, if anyone's going to take over this planet it's Gren'ha."

"Do not listen to him," the Gould said as he entered the room, "He just wants to confuse you. Dr Daniel Jackson, I have heard of you."

"Then you know how many Goulds I've helped kill," Daniel replied grimly.

"But I believe O'Neill was usually responsible for that," Gren'ha laughed, "You, you are the one that talks."

"Really," Daniel whipped out the zat gun he'd hidden and fired.

Gren'ha grabbed Erit and threw him into the path; Erit fell to the ground with a cry as Gren'ha turned his ribbon device on Daniel throwing him against the wall.

"Dan'iel!!" Sha're cried.

When she tried to reach him Gren'ha grabbed her, Sha're struggled but he used the ribbon device on her. As Sha're stood hypnotised he frowned, "You have been blended before. No wonder you are so perfect."

Within her mind Sha're screamed, it was happening again. She tried to push past the hypnosis but before she could he used the ribbon device on her once more and she slipped into unconsciousness her last thought was of her husband.

-

"Maser, do you think you can find them?" Hendro asked.

"I believe so," Maser replied, "I watched the way they went and I managed to place a tracking device on Dr Jackson. Once we are within a certain distance it shall guide us the rest of the way."

"Good thinking kid," Jack murmured, "Okay, considering we're not sure which of your guys we can trust other than Maser here I suggest we let him pick a small contingent and Teal'c go with them."

"Agreed," Hendro nodded.

"Teal'c, go with Maser and intimidate to make sure no one even thinks of betraying us," Jack ordered, "Carter, you and Beth try the scan thing again. See if we can find them that way."

"Yes sir," both women nodded before leaving.

Ilea entered followed by Sarah.

"General," Sarah called, "What's happened to Daniel?"

Jack sighed; he had to remember to talk to Daniel about leading his ex-girlfriend on, "He managed to get himself captured by a Gould, again. We're working on it."

"Is there anything I can do?" she asked worried.

"Stay out of the way," Jack replied before turning back to Teal'c, "Go."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sha're," Daniel whispered as he woke up.

Forcing his eyes open he found himself alone in the room, groggily he pulled himself to his feet using the wall to keep himself upright.

"Sha're," he said again feeling pain slice through him, he couldn't have lost her again.

Testing the door he frowned to find it locked but as he examined the lock he smiled, he'd been hanging around the right people for the past few years. Looking around the room he finally found what he needed to pick the lock and smiled relieved as it clicked open, "Thank you Sam."

Carefully he slid out of the room, noting how few people were here. It looked like Erit had fewer followers than Daniel assumed or they could have been spread about the city.

"Who cares Jackson," he muttered to himself, "Just find your wife."

-

"What are you looking for?" Hendro asked Jack as they entered Erit's room.

"I have no idea," Jack told him, "But I'm hoping I'll find it."

Hendro laughed slightly before sighing, "This is all my fault."

"How'd you work that out?" Jack asked as he started looking through drawers.

"I should have known not to trust Erit, or Loc or even Jitro but I did."

Jack rolled his eyes and turned to the young ruler, "Look, Erit played his part well as did the others. It wasn't your fault. I know it feels like you've been blind but you haven't. You're doing well."

Hendro smiled slightly, "Extremely," he laughed slightly sarcastic, "My bride to be is already married."

Jack laughed too, "Now that is something that definitely wasn't your fault," suddenly he found a secret compartment, "Ah ha, got it."

"What have you found?" Hendro asked.

"Let's see," Jack mused flipping through the papers, "Here's Sha're's letter," he skimmed through it smiling at her words, "Her writing's worse than mine, I didn't think that was possible. And a list of people helping him."

Hendro grabbed the list, "I don't believe it. So many of those I trusted."

"But not as many people as I thought he had," Jack replied, "I suggest you start cleaning house."

Hendro nodded sighing, "These were all people my father trusted so much. It's hard to trust anyone new."

"Then don't," Jack told him, "Start with those you know you can trust, like Ilea."

"Ilea?"

"Haven't you noticed how much she's done since this all started?" Jack rolled his eyes. "She's done so much and yet never puts herself forward, her loyalty is to you."

Hendro smiled as he thought of the young woman, "I've known her since we were both children. Maybe I still see her as that."

"Then look at her as an advisor and someone who you can trust because she's the one who's been keeping things going," Jack said.

Hendro nodded, "Firstly, I think I need to fire a few people."

-

"It is time for you to take over," Gren'ha told Erit, "Your people are in place?"

"Of course," Erit replied, "We've been ready for days."

"Make sure you kill the Tauri," Gren'ha said, "Otherwise they will become an even bigger nuisance. Once my Queen is awake we shall come to the palace to be transported back to our home."

Erit smiled as he looked down on the unconscious form of Sha're, "When shall you place your Queen within her?"

"Soon," Gren'ha replied as he slid his hand across Sha're, "Very, very soon."

Erit took one last look at her before he left. Gren'ha smiled evilly as he watched the other man leave, the fool would hand him this world on a plate removing all obstacles while Gren'ha wouldn't have to even move.

"And you," he said his fingers stroking Sha're's cheek, "You shall host my Queen and we shall rule."

Smiling to himself Gren'ha left to retrieve the jar where the symbiote waited, it was time.

-

Daniel stayed hidden until Gren'ha had left the room, instantly moving to Sha're's side.

"Wake up," he shook her, "Come on love, you need to wake up."

When she didn't move he grimaced and an idea struck him, "It's only dumb if it works and you didn't try it," he murmured before he leaned over and kissed her.

Daniel frowned when she stayed unconscious, "Oh well it proved this isn't a fairytale."

Since he couldn't wake her Daniel wrapped her arms around his neck and lifted her easily into his arms. He had to get her out of here and to somewhere safe until he could contact Jack or one of the others. He just hoped he would succeed in saving her this time.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to L.E McMurrayor post a commenton this story.