Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Sticks and Stones

by Kimberly
[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Sticks and Stones Chapter 1

Sticks and Stones Chapter 1

by Kimberly

Summary: It will take several chapters but this is my attempt to explain the hot and cold relationship of Jack and Sam.
Category: Angst
Season: Season 8
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: 13+
Warnings: minor language, sexual situations
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2004-08-08

Sticks and Stones Chapter 1:

Sam was the first one through the gate. With her gun raised, she began checking for trouble before Daniel and Teal'c had a chance to finish the trip through the gate. Jack had given them another meet and greet mission since he was still getting use to letting them go out without him.

"Alright Daniel, which way to that small village we saw on the UVA footage?" Sam knew the answer but she still felt obligated to ask. Jack had always asked so she figured it just felt right to do the same thing.

"Northwest about three clicks." Sam took the lead and Teal'c took the rear position. Daniel would alternate trying to engage each of them in conversation. He found it had become harder to break Sam's concentration since she had become a Lt. Colonel and accepted command of SG-1.

They had been traveling for twenty minutes when Sam signaled for them to stop. She looked at Teal'c and using only his eyes he let her know he had also heard movement in the trees. They all crouched low. Sam and Teal'c were looking for cover while keeping their eyes peeled for visitors. Daniel was trying to look in every direction at once.

Two men dressed in what appeared to be forest green and dark brown uniforms stepped out from behind a large tree that resembled a long-leaf pine. Sam and Teal'c both turned their weapons towards the men. Daniel slowly stood, after wordlessly getting Sam's permission, and began his howdy speech.

"I'm Daniel and this is Sam and Teal'c. We came through the stargate. We want to be friends." As Daniel spoke men on horses came out of the trees and surrounded SG-1. Sam became more anxious as she realized that they didn't have a clear path back to the stargate. All the men on horseback were armed with what appeared to be some type of projectile weapon. An older man sitting on a horse behind them was the first to speak.

"Do you mean the stone ring of death?"

"Uhm, that could be one way to describe it. We prefer to call it a stargate, because we use it to visit other planets."

"You will drop your weapons now." Sam knew it had just become her turn to join the conversation.

"Sorry but no. We carry our weapons to..." Sam didn't have a chance to finish what she was saying because a heavily booted foot struck her in the back of the head. Sam stumbled forward from the unexpected impact. She landed on all fours right in front of the horse carrying the man who had been speaking to them.

The horse was surprised by her fall and reared up. Teal'c jumped forward and grabbed Sam's arm. He pulled her back towards him just as the horse landed where Sam had been kneeling moments before. Sam fell into Teal'c embrace.

"Thanks, Teal'c." Sam touched the back of her head to check for an injury. "I'm alright." The man on the horse made eye contact with Teal'c.

"Keep your woman quiet if you want her to live." Sam rolled her eyes. She hated landing on these male dominated planets! Daniel moved in front of Sam and Teal'c.

"On our planet women are not restricted from speaking."

"That doesn't matter! Today you are here and you have to abide by our laws. If he can not control his woman then we will."

"Just let us go back to the stargate and we won't bother you again." Daniel began moving in the direction of the gate but a horse quickly blocked his progress.

"No. Our stories tell us about the evil that comes from the gate. We know enough to kill anyone who comes out of the stone ring of death. You will come with us to be questioned before we decide how you will die." It was obvious to SG-1 that they couldn't take all twelve men down without getting hurt. Sam laid her P-90 on the ground and unclipped her vest. Teal'c and Daniel followed her example. The two men not on horseback picked up their gear and left through the trees.

Another man got off his horse and handed Teal'c a rope.

"Tie her hands. Make it tight. If she escapes you will all be killed." Teal'c looked at Sam. She raised her wrists and nodded her consent. Teal'c tied her hands but left her enough room so her circulation wouldn't be affected. The free end of the rope was tied to the saddle of a horse.

The man who had handed the rope to Teal'c proceeded to tie up Daniel and Teal'c. SG-1 was forced to run to keep up with the pace set by the riders. At one point, Daniel tripped and ended up being dragged for several feet before he managed to regain his footing. Sam turned around several times to check on her team. When Daniel fell, she barely managed to hold her tongue. Her mind was racing, looking for opportunities to get her team out of this. The sooner they got away from these chauvinistic pigs the better.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kimberly