Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Stargazers Stargaters Epilogue

by Jane
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Stargazers Stargaters Epilogue

Stargazers Stargaters Epilogue

by jane

Summary: Epilogue to the series; a look at Our Heroes, ten years into the future.
Category: Action/Adventure, Crossovers, Drama, Future Story, Romance
Season: any Season
Pairing: Daniel/Sha're, Jack/Sam
Rating: 13+
Warnings: adult themes, minor language
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2004-09-08

Stargazers Stargaters Epilogue Author: jane E-mail: illta1985@aol.com Category: AU, Futurefic, Crossover(Roswell/Stargate SG1) Rating: GEN13 (A few swearwords) Disclaimer: The characters of Roswell belong to Melinda Metz, UPN, Jason Katims and all the wonderful people who we all love for starting this fabulous series (but who we are frustrated with, for messing up the beautiful, 1st season story line!). Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement or disrespect is intended. Not to be archived without permission of the authors. Summary: Epilogue: a look ahead ten years into the future, to see what Our Heroes from the SGC and Roswell are up to...and whatever happened to the Stargate.

Stargazers Stargaters Epilogue

The year: 2010

Miss O'Neill, Miss Evans, Whitman and Jackson, where do you think you're going in such a rush?" Colonel Samantha Carter-O'Neill asked the four, seven or eight-year old girls, but glared pointedly at her own daughter, Victoria. "You know there's no running in SGC hallways unless you're military personnel and we are under attack."

"Aw Mom, we were just on our way up to the Gateroom; we didn't want to miss seeing Uncle Teal'c arrive." Tori answered.

"He's not scheduled to arrive for ten minutes." Sam said, glancing at her watch. "That gives you more than enough time to 'calmly walk' up to the first level."

"Yes, Mom." Tori mumbled, but allowed Sam to ruffle her hair playfully before turning away with her friends.

"Yes, ma'am." Judy Whitman murmured in awe of the SGC's chief scientist, even though Sam had changed baby Judy's diapers and was one of her father's best friends.

"Okay, Aunt Sam." Claire Marie Jackson said to her godmother.

Okay, Sam." Liza Belle "Libby" Evans said to one of her favorite "grown-up" friends.

But the girls had not walked six yards when Tori cried out.

"Daddy!"

Hey girls, hi there 'Carter'." Retired Brigadier General Jack O'Neill greeted the girls and then waived to his much-loved wife, who was still standing several yards down the hallway. "Hey 'Vic', where's your brother?"

"Just because he's my twin doesn't mean I know where he is twenty-four hours a day, Dad. And pleeaasssse stop calling me Vic! My name's Victoria or Tori. 'Vic' makes me sound like a boy." The young girl told her father while grinning up at the man she loved best in the whole wide universe.

"Okay Sweetheart." Jack said gently, but with a twinkle in his eyes that told his daughter that she would continue to be called 'Vic' anyway.

Victoria stomped off with her friends and Jack walked towards Sam until he could gather her into his still-strong arms.

"Have you seen Johnny?"

"What's he done now?" Sam asked sighing.

"Our littlest airman managed to slip into the men's locker-room and tie the shoelaces together on all of the boots. Two of our most coordinated and highly trained SFs tripped and landed face down on the floor just as they exited the locker-room."

"Oh dear." Sam said and then covered up a snicker with a cough.

"I told the SFs that this should remind them to be ever vigilant; you never know when the enemy could strike...and that they should always tie their shoes before leaving the locker-room. I'm so proud of our Johnny...I just wish I didn't have to hunt him down and then make him polish the two airmen's boots as punishment."

"Maybe both parties will learn something from this." Sam suggested. "The SFs will never hear the end of it and Johnny hates the smell of boot-black."

"Well I'm off...explain to T will you?" Jack asked, kissing her quickly.

"Sure, see you later." Sam called after her husband's rapidly disappearing back.

Sam walked down the hallway to the elevator, rode it half way up, changed elevators and rode that one up to the first floor where the Stargate was now housed.

Ten years ago, after the galaxy was made free of the Goa'uld by the heroes of the SGC and the existence of the Stargate had been made public, it was decided that the Stargate should be more easily accessible and so had been moved from its long-time home, two miles under the mountain, up to the first floor where much of NORAD had been housed. It was still "under the mountain", but was now on the same level as the great tunnel leading into the complex. NORAD was still located inside, but space throughout the facility had been reconfigured to meet the new needs of the Cheyenne Mountain Complex.

The huge underground facility had been changed over from military barracks to almost completely lab space, to house the hundreds of scientist who tested, analyzed and reverse-engineered anything which came through the great ring up top. Most of Cheyenne's military personnel had been moved down to Peterson Air Force base, which had been expanded to hold them, the air-wing which had always been there and an ambassadorial compound for all of Earth's ambassadors to the Stargate (and the worlds beyond) and their staffs.

~*~

"Colonel, the wormhole from Chulak should be opening up in...thirty seconds, ma'am." The tech in the new control room told Sam.

Sam glanced through the window into the next door waiting room and saw her son, Johnny nonchalantly slip inside and walk over to some of his friends. Besides the four girls, Max and Liz's second son and second daughter; Mathew Stephen and Diane Elizabeth "Dee" were in there waiting for the rest of their family to come through. Judy Whitman's twin brother Charles Alexander was also in the waiting room along with Clair Jackson's older brother, Nicholas James.

'Boy, there are a lot of twins among our bunch of kids.' Sam thought. 'Jack and I didn't even think we could have a child, according to all the doctors I'd seen; because of the naquada in my blood and other bio-marks in my system left over from my hosting the Tok'ra, Jolynar. But I became pregnant shortly after Jack and I were married and then it turned out that our love had created our twins, Johnny and Tori. Plus there are the Whitman twins, Judy and Charlie and the Guerins have the twins, Robbie and Marc as well as little Amy...oh yeah the Valentis have Suzie and Nan as well as J.J. What's really incredible is that Max and Liz are the only ones who don't have any twins, but they had four kids! Liz is one of those incredible women; earth-mothers, who actually thrive while they're pregnant. She never felt sick or tired like the rest of us; she practically glowed and was always full of energy and then...and then the babies would just pop out of her petite little body with hardly any trouble! Four kids, Philip, Libby, Matt and Dee.'

Sam's thoughts were interrupted by the Stargate coming to life; the chevrons engaging, the wormhole erupting through the middle and then retreating to ripple brightly within its frame. A moment later, Teal'c stepped through, enfolded in the beige robes of Jaffa leaders.

'I still can't get over how different he looks without Apophis' golden emblem on his forehead.' Sam thought to herself as she left the control room.

After the Goa'uld war ended and all of the evil-snakes had been hunted down and killed and the Jaffa freed, the former warriors asked if the Antarians could remove the symbols from their foreheads. They said that the symbols only reminded them of their former animosity toward Jaffa who served an enemy Goa'uld and remained a basis for contention even after all of the Goa'uld were killed. The Antarians had easily wiped the emblems off every Jaffa forehead and now each Jaffa was judged by his own actions, rather than by whom his former master was.

~*~

"Hey Teal'c, it's great to see you!" Sam called out as she left the control room and walked up to her old friend and teammate.

"It is good to see you as well, Samantha." Teal'c replied, bowing slightly.

After ten years, "Samantha" was as casual as Teal'c would get in addressing Sam.

"Jack is..." Sam began to explain her husband's absence, but was interrupted by a loud cry coming from the waiting room.

Sam spun around and Teal'c tensed for action until he saw what was causing the commotion. Jack had caught up with his young son and currently had Johnny slung over his shoulder while the other children laughed at their young friend's cries and giggles.

"Hey T." Jack called out as he stepped into the Gate-room. "Glad you could come." Jack held out his right hand while his left hand and arm kept a firm hold on the high-top encased feet of his young son.

"It is good to see you as well, O'Neill." Teal'c said, bowing, but then one eyebrow went up in Jaffa confusion. "The Tau'ri custom of carrying one's offspring slung over a shoulder is most curious, O'Neill."

"It's not an Earth custom, Teal'c; just one of Jack's." Sam said, chuckling; knowing that Jack would never allow anything to harm either of their children, even while they rough-housed.

"Indeed." Teal'c replied solemnly, his eyebrow still raised while Jack grinned happily.

"Hey, Uncle Teal'c." Johnny called out; pulling himself out to the side of his father's back and waiving.

"Hello, young Jonathon...do you not find that position to be uncomfortable?" Teal'c asked.

"Nah...not yet." Johnny giggled. "Daddy says it'll give me a different perspe...a different view of the world."

"I see." Teal'c replied, chalking this situation up as another example of strange Tau'ri customs in child rearing. "Have MaxEvans and his Court arrived yet?" Teal'c turned to Sam and changed the subject to a safer topic.

"They should be coming through any minute now." Sam answered, glancing at her watch.

And just then the inner ring of the Stargate began to move.

"Off-world activation." The technician in the control room called out over the P.A.

"Okay, let's step back into the waiting room." Jack said, herding the other children, who had stepped out of the chamber, back inside.

The Gate-room was not as utilitarian and drab as the old one, twenty-eight floors below, but it was just as secure with strict polices of who was allowed inside the huge chamber while the Stargate was in action. Behind specially formulated bullet-proof glass, visitors or SG-teams soon to be going off-world could wait in relative safety and the techs in the control room next door could work, protected by the thick glass. But if any security risk arose, blast doors; even stronger than the old ones below, could drop in seconds and the chamber would be sealed off while security teams were marshaled into place and remote controlled weapons came online within the Gate-room itself.

~*~

"Chevron six encoded...chevron seven, locked." The technician called out.

The wormhole erupted and then withdrew and the iris automatically closed over the opening; another new procedure, which had been enacted after the Stargate was moved into its new home.

"Receiving the Antarian IDC." The technician said.

"Open the iris and send the clear signal." The duty officer ordered.

One year after Operation Queen Bee and the Goa'uld war, the existence of the Stargate had been made public to the general populace of Earth, although its location is still top-secret. Five years after that control of the SGC has been turned over to the United Nations with a team of ten Earth ambassadors to the Stargate being chosen from many different countries, to oversee its day-to-day operations. But, at-the-time General Jack O'Neill had insisted that a military contingent be kept in place as well. Therefore the SGC's military arm had been enlarged and filled with NCOs and officers from many different nations' military forces, but Jack saw to it that the original SGC core personnel were placed in command.

~*~

Moments later, Max Evans; King Zan of Antar, his wife and queen, Liz stepped through with all of their friends, Isabel and Alex Whitman, Maria and Michael Guerin and Tess and Kyle Valenti. Surrounding them were all of their children who were not already on Earth visiting their friends.

"Hey folks, great to see you all." Jack called out as he and the rest of the hoard exited the waiting room and entered the Gate-chamber to greet all of their friends, young and old.

"Have Daniel, Sha're and Shifu arrived yet?" Liz asked, glancing around the crowd which filled up the Gate-room.

"They should be coming through any minute now." Sam replied.

"In fact..." Jack said, speaking loudly enough to get everyone's attention. "I think we're going to be kicked out of here and since there isn't enough room for all of us in the waiting room, some of us should go out to the lobby and wait 'QUIETLY' there." Jack pointedly glanced at most of the kids.

"But Da-ad!" Tori cried. "We all wanna be here when Uncle Daniel, Aunt Sha're and Shifu get here."

"Vic-tor'ia." Jack spoke calmly and clearly. "There isn't enough room for all of us to fit into the waiting room. That is a fact. I am 'requesting' that all of you kids, with a few adults, 'please' wait 'quietly' out in the lobby for a few minutes. You all will be able to see them five minutes after they arrive, I promise."

"Five minutes?" Tori confirmed.

"Tops." Jack assured her.

"We-ell..." Tori looked around at her friends who were all nodding in agreement, but she felt that she had to give her father some grief about it...just on principle. "Okay, five minutes, tops...but if you keep us waiting one second longer...we'll be back!" She threatened and Jack smirked with pride at his daughter.

"So noted, airman...here, take your brother with you and make sure that he doesn't wander off." Jack said finally lifting his giggling son down from his shoulder.

Victoria opened her mouth to complain, but then decided not to bother and motioned to her friends.

"Come on kids." And the whole pack left the chamber.

All of the children of SG-1 and the Royal-Eight had honorary aunts and uncles all over the galaxy...Sam and Jack still lived on Earth, but Janet and Ebron split their time between Earth and Antar. Teal'c was living mostly on Chulak with his wife and son, all of the Antarians were still based on Antar, of course and Daniel and Sha're were living on Abydos. But everyone visited back and forth, especially the kids. They had even visited "Cousin" Thor's home planet and accompanied Daniel to archeological digs on other planets along with his archeology and anthropology teams.

~*~

"Off-world activation." The technician in the control room called out yet again.

And a few moments later the Stargate erupted one more time. Sha're and Daniel came through with ten year old Shifu in between them and holding onto each of their hands. Daniel had officially adopted Sha're's son as his own right after the end of the Goa'uld war. Apparently Shifu had been speaking to his father as he stepped into the wormhole and barely paused after coming back out before continuing his question and Daniel answered his son as he absentmindedly walked down the ramp.

"What great secrets are you telling your son, Daniel?" Jack asked to capture his friend's attention as soon as Daniel stopped talking; the two Jackson men had been speaking ancient Egyptian, the native language of Abydos.

"What Jack? Oh, um, Shifu and I were just discussing the artifacts I brought back from last month's dig; he's been helping me, haven't you, Shifu?" Daniel explained, glancing down proudly at his son.

"Uh huh...it's fun!" Shifu replied happily.

All three of Daniel and Sha're's children loved the individual attention which their parents always found time to given them, somehow. The entire SGC, added to SG-1 and Sha're, had been very protective of Shifu when he was younger in case any last Goa'uld or the NID should show any interest in the son of two Goa'ulded hosts, but Janet Fraser had been allowed to run a few tests and the boy had proved to be totally Human with no Goa'uld "secrets" hidden anywhere within his DNA.

~*~

"Another scientist..." Jack mumbled out of old habit while grinning at his old friend and tightening his arm around his beloved wife's slim waist.

Jarrod Smyth, the technician in the control room watched the reunion from his post at the dialing-computer. He had joined the SGC six months after the excitement and danger of the Goa'uld-war was over and half a year before the rest of the world had learned about the heroic exploits of SG-1 and the other teams, but he had heard many of the stories from the people who had lived them; Major Ferretti, Lt. Hailey and even Colonel O'Neill himself and he felt a thrill run up his spine to see the SGC's premier team meet together again.

They all had their own lives now, but he knew that they managed to get together at least every six months if not more often than that. General O'Neill had retired from the Air Force, but was still a consultant and Colonel Carter was the senior-scientist here. The Jacksons were living on Abydos, but Dr. Jackson was asked to speak at universities and seminars all over the world, besides going off-world to supervise archeological digs on a dozen different planets...along with his wife, Sha're, who was a talented linguist in her own right. And Teal'c, the former Jaffa, was one of the great leaders, along with his mentor, Bray'tac and they (along with Teal'c's wife and son) were still very busy helping the former Goa'uld warriors develop their own societies and communities...almost out of whole-cloth. But Jarrod watched them now, talking and laughing; their past adventures and trials out of mind, but never completely forgotten.

Back in the Stargate-chamber, Jack glanced at his watch and winced.

"We'd better get going, folks." He called out and began herding everyone out of the chamber and down the hallway, through security to the front entrance.

"Thirty-two, thirty-one, thirty seconds..." Tori was calling out, watching the read-out on her wrist-unit.

"Hah, I told you we'd be out here in under five minutes, Vic." Jack smirked.

"Mom, Dad! Uncle Daniel, Aunt Sha're, Shifu!" The Jackson kids, and many of the other children called out as they all rushed forward.

"Hey, hey, guys, why don't we go over to the convention center and then you can talk to your heart's content." Jack suggested and everyone agreed, walking out through another security check-point and got into the vans which were waiting for them.

~*~

The Colorado Springs Convention Center, built nine years ago to handle all of the new scientific and technical seminars and other business which the Stargate had brought to the area, was huge, with conference rooms, lecture halls, ballrooms, dining rooms, a health spa and gym; all built around several glass-enclosed courtyards, which housed a huge swimming pool, tennis courts and an excellent playground for kids.

And inside the courtyard which housed the pool, cub-reporter Cheryl Cooper and her camera-man, Charlie waited for the guests of honor to arrive. Many of the SGC personnel, who had already arrived, were seated at the tables or on the lawn-chairs which were scattered around the huge patio, surrounding the pool, enjoying drinks and snacks.

Years ago, when the world had learned about the Stargate, the heroes of the SGC had had their pictures splashed all over the media and every news agency was begging for interviews...not that they had been granted many of them. It seemed that everyone at the SGC was outrageously modest and tight security had been set up to ensure their safety and privacy.

Now, even though their names, faces and heroic deeds would go down in history and every school child would be taught about the SGC, the media was very rarely interested in their day-to-day actions. But Cheryl was honored to be here; if only to cover the reunion from afar, as a personal-interest story.

"Here they come, Charlie." Cheryl told her camera-man as she received word over her earpiece from the clerk at the front desk. "There they are; push in slowly to get a close-up of the entire group." She instructed as she stood behind him and watched the action on the tiny screen attached to his camera.

"Not only SG-1, but the Antarian Royals...and all of their kids." Charlie noticed.

"Yeah, General Guerin just made us." Cheryl added as the Antarian Head-of-Security's gaze zeroed in on the two reporters, but did not approach them.

They watched and recorded as the newly arrived group came forward and then spread out to greet their family and friends. The Parkers, Evans, Whitmans and Valentis had arrived earlier. All four couples had decided to remain on Earth, after their children had married. They continued their careers in Roswell, but traveled up to Colorado Springs once a month to step through the Stargate and visit their kids and grandchildren.

Janet Fraser and her family were also there; chatting with retired George Hammond, Jacob Carter, David Jordon and Lou Ferretti. Janet and her husband, Ebron jointly ran the medical research department within the SGC and they had made great strides in furthering medical treatment; developing Antarian technology to work on Human physiology and vice-versa. General Hammond had retired one year after Operation Queen Bee, but was still consulted now and again on SGC business, in between his spending lots of time with his two granddaughters. Dr. David Jordon was semi-retired, but still enjoyed visiting archeological digs with his protg, Daniel Jackson. Colonel Ferretti was the military C.O. at Cheyenne Mountain, in charge of the military arm of the SGC, under the U.N. civilian leader of the entire complex. Besides Jack and Daniel, he was the last remaining member of the original team, who had first stepped through the Stargate so long ago.

~*~

Max, Liz and the others entered the courtyard and saw where their parents were congregated around a couple of tables.

"Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa!" Were called out as the grandkids surged forward and their parents followed quickly behind.

Hugs and kisses were doled out to all of the grandchildren before they all swarmed off to greet their other friends and play in the next courtyard over. Then general greetings were shared all around before Kyle, Tess, Michael and Maria crowded around Jim and Amy Valenti and Max, Liz, Isabel and Alex shared their attention between the Parkers, Evans and Whitmans.

"It's so great to see you all." Diane Evans enthused as she ran her mothers gaze over her children; Max was looking more rested than the last time she had seen him, but Isabel was looking a little harried. But then, it was just after Christmas and New Years, so her daughter had probably not calmed down from all the running around the holidays had entailed...

"Planning on doing any skiing while you're here, Lizzie, Max?" Jeff Parker asked.

"The kids are counting on it, Dad; that's why we agreed to have the reunion here on Earth, instead of on Antar, where it's Spring." Liz replied.

"Great...I can see snow forts and snowball fights in our future too." Michael said, half teasing, half grousing.

"You're the one who thought using snowballs to train our children how to use their levitation powers would be a good idea." Maria reminded him with a chuckle. Raising three children, all with varying degrees of alien powers was quite a challenge. But then Maria DeLuca-Guerin had always loved a challenge, no matter how much she complained about it.

Philip Evans Sr. glanced around the table at his fellow parents and receiving nods from all of them changed the subject before Michael and Maria could start fighting.

"Um...there's something we'd like to say to all of you."

"What's that Dad?" Max asked.

"Well, before the President arrives to honor all of you today, we...all of us...wanted to tell you..." Philip broke off, unusually choked up all of a sudden.

"We wanted to make it clear that we, your parents, are all very, very proud of you as well." Jeff Parker said, looking directly into his son-in-law's eyes before glancing at his daughter and then the rest of their friends.

"And not just for what you helped accomplish ten years ago." Nancy Parker said.

"You've all raised some pretty terrific kids." Diane Evans said.

"You helped to set up programs and facilities where we poor Humans could learn all about your advanced technologies." Mr. Whitman nodded at Max and Alex.

"And furthered our understanding of medicine and other health sciences." Amy DeLuca-Valenti added, smiling at Liz and Maria.

"And you've worked very hard to gain Intel, to keep us all safe and secure here on Earth as well as out among the stars." Jim Valenti nodded to Michael.

"And most importantly of all, you've managed to grow up into intelligent, mature adults, loving, nurturing parents and just plain good 'people'." Philip finished what he had been trying to say earlier.

"Here, here!" The parents raised their glasses and solemnly saluted their children until grins broke out and a hug-fest ensued.

"Thanks, all of you." Max said, blushing. Very rarely did anyone see that old, shy, hiding-behind-the-tree Max Evans anymore, but there he was right then as he gazed around the tables at his parents and friends. "You know, if it hadn't been for Mom and Dad taking us in all those years ago...and all of you giving us all such great examples to follow over the years, we'd never be where we are, or who we are now."

More hugs and kisses were shared as Cheryl Cooper and Charlie watched what was being said, but the love and pride as well as the smiles and tears being shared amongst that group were impossible to miss.

~*~

At the same time, several yards away, similar greetings were being shared. The Jackson and O'Neill kids had swarmed around George Hammond, Jacob Carter, David Jordon, Lou Ferretti and Janet and Ebron, who were considered to be their joint grandfathers, uncles and aunt.

"Where are Cassie and Nordo?" Johnny O'Neill asked.

"I think they're supervising some games over in the other courtyard." Janet said, referring to her daughter and Ebron's son, who had just become a married couple two months before.

"Hey great, let's go find 'em!" Johnny cried and all the grandchildren ran off after another round of hugs were shared.

"It's great to see you all again." David Jordon, Daniel's mentor said smiling around the tables as everyone sat down. "It's a shame your father Kasuf couldn't make it, Sha're, or your brother, Ska'ra ."

"Father says that his old bones can't take the cold of a Colorado winter anymore." Sha're explained. "Plus, Mariam, Ska'ra's wife is supposed to give birth any day now and Father says he must be there to hold his new grandchild in his own hands as soon as he or she is born." Sha're explained with a smile.

"Maybe Mariam will hold off until you're able to be there as well." Janet suggested hopefully.

"Perhaps, but the midwife believes Mariam's labors will begin soon." Sha're said.

"My son is also awaiting the birth of his second child; that is why he and his mother could not come either." Teal'c replied and everyone congratulated him as well.

"Wow, we have children and grandchildren popping out all over and all from what began as a small group of strangers, from completely different walks of life. Who would have believed so many years ago that we'd end up like this?" Daniel asked happily glancing down at his beloved wife who was snuggled up to his side.

"So blest." Sha're agreed returning her husband's loving gazed.

"A family." George Hammond stated and they all raised their glasses in toast.

~*~

It was some time later, after the children had met up with their friends and run off to the playground and then come back in small groups, to sit with their parents who were happily chatting and sharing old stories, that Cheryl Cooper and her cameraman were informed that the President had arrived. Now she would not be the only reporter present as the White House Press Corps came in, flashing their cameras as the President made his way from table to table, shaking hands with members of the SGC, old friends, all of them. Cheryl and Charlie moved forward, so that they would be close enough to catch what the President was here to say. This little get-together was to be on the casual side, but everyone in the pool-courtyard quickly took their seats as the President stepped up to a low podium and began to speak.

"Good afternoon everyone, it's great to be here! Sometimes is seems as though Colorado Springs and the SGC have become my home-away-from-home; I visit here so often and enjoy every minute when I do. This is a very special day; the tenth anniversary of the Goa'uld-war, the victorious end of it. And even though this is a happy occasion, I'd like us all to take a minute to remember all those who cannot be here with us today."

Everyone bowed their heads and remembered the dark times, but they also remembered the good times as well, before raising their heads again and giving their attention back to the President.

"Now, I didn't have the honor of being in the White House when the Stargate was opened, or to be a part of the important work which was done at the SGC during those early days; I was elected three years after the Goa'uld-war was won...but I have had the honor of working with all of you folks over the last seven years and seeing the universe opened up for peaceful exploration and colonization. You have pushed the envelope of Human understanding...about where we came from and where we are headed...of scientific discovery; medicine, space travel and a multitude of other technologies. You've helped us make new friends and allies and enabled us to place our colonies on dozens of other planets...For all of this and more I can only say again how much I respect you all and thank God that you were the ones who opened the Stargate; you met every new challenge and sweet-talked, negotiated, maneuvered, or plain fought your way through each and every one of them...until we came to where we are now, here in this place. Respected colleagues, loyal and trusted friends...I salute you!" The President finished and with a grin on his face and began to clap his hands.

The applause spread through the courtyard as friends, family, the ambassadors and newer SGC personnel joined in. And then the honorees began to applaud as well, indicating that their clapping, big grins and thank yous were directed back into the crowds who were honoring them; that they could not have done what they did without all of the help and support of everyone assembled.

Finally, though the applauding trickled off and the President left the podium to go out among those assembled once more. He spent a few minutes with each of the honorees; Hammond, SG-1, the Antarians, Dr. Fraser and Colonel Ferretti, just to mention a few. The Press snapped hundreds of pictures while the ones in the spotlight tried to ignore them, while having a few words with the President or each other. And then it was all over, the President had to leave and thankfully took the Press Corps with him. The kids went back to playing or swimming and many of their parents joined them for a time before congregating around the patio tables or on the lawn-chairs again.

Jack and Daniel were speaking to George Hammond, David Jordon, Lou Ferretti and Jacob Carter while enjoying drinks sometime later, when Johnny O'Neill and Nick Jackson came running among the tables, followed by a dozen other laughing children.

"Whoa! Did all of those kids come from Abydos?" Jack asked.

"Uh...no...I think half of them came from Cerulea; P3X-222. That's the farming planet Abydos trades with." Daniel explained.

A very successful trading system had been set up between the mining and farming planets inhabited by former Goa'uld slaves. The miners had learned to work and fashion the minerals they dug out of the ground and traded it for fruits, vegetables, grains and livestock. One of the first things the new blacksmiths had learned to build were drawbridges made of naquada to guard each of their Stargates from unfriendly visitors. A Morse-code had been set up by which friendly travelers could toss rocks into the wormhole and the sound of their hitting the drawbridge let the people on the other end know who was coming through and whether or not to lower the bridge. Simple technology, which had kept them all safe; Jaffa and former slaves alike.

~*~

Sam and Sha're were likewise chatting with Liz and Maria when Clair Jackson, Tori O'Neill, Dee Evans and Amy Guerin came dashing through the tables, also followed by a dozen giggling little girls.

"Where did all those kids come from? I didn't see them earlier." Maria asked.

"They must have been up in their hotel rooms with their parents; I just saw them come out from the elevator banks a few minutes ago." Sam answered. And from their clothing...I think half of them are from the mining colony on P2X-999 and...the low-tech colony on P3Y-654."

Many planets had been discovered to be rich in different minerals and ores and great care had been taken in choosing how to set up mines; who should be allowed to mine them and how the new resources should be sold, so as not to undermine Earth's economy with a flood of cheep materials. After the mines had been set up and were deemed stable and safe, the miners were allowed to bring their families there to live with them and other colonists had also bid to make those far-off worlds their new homes as well. Also, several low-tech or survivalist groups had bid to start their own colonies off-world as well. Everyone had had to go through intensive testing and training, to be sure that they could handle the strains and emergencies which might hit them once they stepped through the Stargate. Many had flunked out during testing or training, but those who made it through the vigorous process had succeeded in building several thriving communities off-world. These groups traded back and forth and their children were allowed to visit back and forth, making new friends and learning new things.

~*~

"I think it's great, how many other kids...from all different walks of life...and different planets...our kids have been able to meet and make friends with." Liz remarked, as she watched her children happily playing.

"Hey not to mention the great friends we, their parents, have made too!" Maria added.

She spontaneously reached out to grab hold of Sam and Liz's hands, which were resting on the table and motioning with her smiling eyes that Sha're should add her hands as well to the "All-for-one,-one-for-all" hand-clasp the women were sharing.

"Yes, friends." Sha're agreed.

"Hey, what are you ladies all grinning about?" Jack asked as he, Daniel, Max and Michael stepped up behind each of their wives.

"Oh just being happy with life in general and our families in particular." Sam replied, bending her neck back to look straight up at her husband.

"Being happy...that's good." Jack replied before bending down and kissing those tempting, upturned lips.

"Hey, Sha're, they've started square-dancing in one of the other courtyards, you want to go?" Daniel asked.

"That sounds fun." Sha're agreed and they walked off.

"How about we check out that hot tub I saw up in our room? Amy and Jim said they'd keep an eye on the kids." Michael whispered suggestively to Maria, but everyone at the table heard him.

"Mmm, okay, Spaceboy." Maria said and they too got up to leave, arms around each other's waist.

"Would you like to dance, Sam?" Jack asked.

"Square-dancing...I don't know..." Sam hedged.

"Not square-dancing, they have a live band warming up for "real" dancing in one of the ballrooms...but it's casual until 16:00...we wouldn't have to change our cloths..." Jack suggested and Sam grinned.

'Who would have thought that black-ops trained, Colonel Jack O'Neill was such a great dancer; waltzes, tangos and other sizzling, sexy dances he uses to seduce me with.' Sam thought to herself and she took his hand and stood.

"Ooh, should we join them?" Liz suggested, anticipating her own soul-mate's dance and seduction skills.

"Mmm, I'm for anything that allows me to hold you close..." Max agreed as he helped her up from her chair.

~*~

"Wow that was so sweet to see..." Cheryl Cooper murmured from the corner where she and camera-man Charlie had been recording all of the proceedings. "They're all heroes from such a dark time; risked their lives over and over, are good friends with presidents and planetary leaders and yet they've managed to move on with their careers, raise some great kids and they're all still so in love with their partners...romantically, sensually in love with each other if that last little scene we witnessed is anything to go by."

"Yeah, I'd say that wraps up a well-rounded story." Charlie replied. "Unless you want to get some footage of them dancing together..."

"No, I think we can leave the rest to our viewers' own imaginations, let's wrap it up and go home. It's been quite a day." Cheryl said.

"Amen." Charlie agreed as he packed away his equipment.

And they lived happily every after. The End.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ If anyone is interested, below are summaries and links to my other six stories. All of them are Roswell-based. Please give them a try and let me know what you think! (If the website does not transfer the web-addresses and you would like to read the stories, please just contact me at illta1985@aol.com and I will be happy to send them to you.) Sincerely, jane ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Touched by a Roswell Angel - 1/1

Background: "ARCC". What really happened in that hospital room? Category: Crossover between "Roswell" and "Touched by an Angel".

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/archive/AMB_AP224334875/15900.html

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Brody Remembers Roswell, After New York - Complete

Summary: What if Brody remembered what happened in New York? M/L story with everyone else, too. Background: After "Max in the city"

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/archive/AMB_AP224334875/15884.html

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I Can't, I'm Different - Complete

Summary: AU, future fic. All four aliens emerge from their pods at different times, wander out into the desert and are found by adults who adopt and raise them in four different parts of the country. They don't know what they are, or that there are others like themselves. There is No destiny, No FBI, No evil aliens! This is a love story! How will they find each other? Will they find their own true loves? Read and find out! Prequel to "Was It A Dream?"

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/archive/AMB_AP224334875/1141.html

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Was It A Dream? - Complete

Summary: AU, future fic. This is a sequel to "I Can't, I'm Different!" A few days before their wedding, Max and Liz met the two young actors "Mason Blair" and "Cheryl Appleton", who were staring in the very popular movie and TV show 'Among Them'. The actors look exactly like Max and Liz, so to keep the Press away from them, Mason and Cheryl stay away from M/L, until one day when they and their young children meet again. The children share a magical moment. Will they remember each other when they meet again in college?

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/archive/AMB_AP224334875/405.html

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

What Is Max Hiding? - Complete

Summary: This is my attempt to Fix S3, with the focus on Mr. Evans' search for the truth about his son, Max. This story starts at the end of "Samuel Rising", the Christmas episode.

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/archive/AMB_AP224334875/17124.html

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A Memory Given - Complete

Summary: FF, Post 4AAAB, Before Max gave up his son, Zan, he gave him a memory. What does the future hold for father and son? Will they ever meet again? Will Zan remember the memory his father gave him? Read and find out!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/archive/AMB_AP224334875/20470.html

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to jane