Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Sort me out

by Gater101
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Sort me out

Sort me out

by Gater101

Summary: Daniel is back and he is causing havock!
Category: Humor, Romance
Season: Season 6
Pairing: Jack/Sam, other pairing
Rating: GEN
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2004-11-26

Sort me out

[Is] [That] [Daniel] [Standing] [Over] [There] [In] [The] [Corner]

Daniel barely managed to refrain from crumpling to the floor like a paper house in the wind as Jonas' words sunk into his head.

He ran a hand wearily through his hair and looked at Jonas open-mouthed. "Jonas... you don't. You *know* you don't. It's just a feeling you have. And besides you don't want to like Sam! Every guy that has ever liked her has *died* Jonas, you don't want to *die* do you? Of course you don't, so get this little idea out of your head!" Daniel ranted from his place of hovering in front of Jonas.

Jonas looked at him pleadingly, putting on his puppy dog eyes.

"Daniel... please! I know Major Carter's track record! I know that... It's all just coincidence!" Jonas added the last part on trying to convince both Daniel and himself. "I like her I don't know *why*, well I do know why. She's beautiful, smart, funny-"

"Jonas, *stop*!" Daniel waved a hand in front of his face in order to stall Jonas' list of all the things he found amazing about Sam Carter; the woman they were trying to set up with someone. "Don't. Do. This."

Jonas slumped further down on the bench until he almost slipped off onto the floor. His pained expression almost broke Daniel's resolve and he closed his eyes so he couldn't see the younger man's face.

"I'm sorry Dr Jackson, I can't help you with our plan," Jonas mumbled quietly and dropped his head onto his chest.

"What plan?" O'Neill asked from the doorway. "Jonas? How many times have I told you that it isn't safe to talk to yourself, especially on this base." O'Neill tried to smile but the look on Jonas' face put a stop to that. "Hey, what's up?" He asked and, without thinking, sat down on the bench above the depressed young man.

"Nothing that concerns you." Jonas said and Daniel, who was being his ever-present self, was surprised with the arrogance of Jonas' words.

O'Neill, slightly miffed at Jonas' words, stood abruptly and made towards the door.

"Just remember we have a mission briefing in an hour, don't be late." He left without another word or glance over his shoulder and made straight for Carter's lab - or so Daniel presumed.

After a few moments to make sure the corridor was clear Daniel re-emerged in front of Jonas and kneeled down in front of him.

"Think about this Jonas. You - the newcomer - are discovering feelings for Sam - a very beautiful woman, yes - but do you really think that these feelings are real? Think about it. You work closely with her everyday, and she is the only woman around here who is single - except Janet of course. Added to that is Sam feelings for Jack, and vice versa. Now do you think that Jack would be happy if you suddenly jumped in and started stealing his woman?" Daniel reasoned with Jonas who had moved again to stand before his locker and then proceeded to bang his head against it lightly.

"I know, I know... okay..." Jonas whispered to the door. "I'm ready, I'm ready. So... where do we go from here?"

TBC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Moi PROMIZ!

Whaddaya thinkles?

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Gater101