Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Lifehouse: Part 1

by Gater101
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Lifehouse: Part 1

Lifehouse: Part 1

by Gater101

Summary: Sequel series to Twentieth November. Part 1: Sick Cycle Carousel. Can't really explain, just an introduction to the new serie.
Category: Angst, Drama, Romance, Series
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam, none
Rating: GEN
Warnings: language
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2005-02-05

Title: Sick Cycle Carousel Author: Gater101 Disclaimer: All publicly recognised characters are the property of MGM et al! Author's notes: This is the sequel to Twentieth November. Not so much a sequel but a continuation. The reason for the separate stories is that this is not about Angela, Jack and Sam but about the NID, the SGC and Sam/Jack. However, the events of Twentieth November are the cause and this fic is the consequences. I hope you all enjoy this as much as you enjoyed Twentieth November.

And now...

Sick Cycle Carousel

"Colonel O'Neill, Major Carter," General Hammond greeted the two officers as they both entered his rather stuffy office. With there being no windows in the base, rooms did tend to become quite warm and humid.

Colonel O'Neill stood at his half attention, half laid-back pose, whereas Major Carter stood fully to attention. Hammond had called them to his office as soon as they entered the base - separately, may she add - and she had no idea why he would want to see them. Or at least, that's what she was going to keep telling herself.

"A situation has arisen that I believe you would find to be of a great deal of interest to you both," he continued and Sam and Jack glanced quickly at one another, frowning slightly.

Hammond gestured for them to sit and they did so, Jack pulling his chair closer to Sam - whether conscious or not, she didn't know bit noticed simply that he did. She smiled slightly then remembered that they were most definitely not in the safety of their own home - yes, she had come to call it 'their's even though her name was the only one on the deeds.

No matter the situation, Hammond's words for intrigued and terrified her - did he know?

"As you are both aware, the SGC has been conducting investigations into the death of Miss Tungsten and the arson of Major Carter's home. I believe, initially the sole suspect in the arson was Miss Tungsten herself. However, since the second arson - and subsequent murder - at Colonel O'Neill's home that deduction quickly went out the window."

Jack nodded and motioned his hands in a 'continue' gesture when Hammond stopped in his.

"And...?" He said.

Sam looked at him quickly with a slightly admonishing gaze and then quickly looked away.

Hammond looked between them both, a lookof apprehension crossing his features momentarily, followed quickly by a frown as he looked down onto the open folder in front him. He waited a few more seconds - in which Jack had managed to sigh at *least* three time - before reaching down and lifting up a shett of paper and handing it across the desk to them.

The piece of paper was, in fact, a photograph of the shell of Jack's house. Outside the blackened, glassless windows and smoke rimmed frames stood a man in a dark suit, shades, wearing gloves. Sam frowned as she recognised the face but couldn't place it.

"Isn't that one of Kinsey's NID guys?" Jack asked after a moment of contemplative silence.

The face suddenly registered and she remembered the agents name: Williamson. He had been one of Kinsey's many bodyguards after Jack and Maybourne had threatened him with exposure. Last she heard, he was still one of Kinsey's men.

"Sir... what are you saying?" Sam questioned as she handed back the photograph.

"We believe the NID are responsible for the death of Miss Tungsten."

Jack and Sam looked at each other, their eyes growing wide in astonishment. Sam looked back to Hammond with a questioning gaze but he simply nodded his head, indicating that, yes, she had heard him correctly.

"So... am I right to assume that we are now to believe that it was the NID who burned my house?" Sam asked as she sat, almost shaking with rage, horror and disbelief.

"Those slimy sons-of-bitches. It must have been to get at me. I'll kill that rat bast-"

"Colonel, that's enough!" Hammond admonished before Jack had the chance to go any further and compromise his and Sam's position. "As much as I would like to say that you are wrong, I have to agree with you on this matter. You're disappearance was never fully divulged to many outwith the SGC, so they had no reason to assume that you weren't around. As to why they would harm Major Carter to get to you, I believe all of us present know the answer to that question."

Sam raised guilty eyes to Hammond but saw that his head was angled towards Jack, and not looking in her direction. She was thankful as it meant that he missed the deep blush that reached up her neck and burned at her cheeks. She glanced at Jack and saw his unshielded anger emanating from his normally loving eyes. This was the look that Sam was afraid of, the one that said that he would stop at nothing until the enemy was long dead. The one that meant she - nor anyone else - would get through to him.

"I'm assigning SG-1 to this. I think we should call the rest of your team to the briefing room Colonel."

If shame had a face, I think it would kind of look like me. If it had a home, would it be in my eyes? Would you believe me if I said I am tired of this Well here we go, now one more time,

I tried to climb your steps, I tried to chase you down, I tried to see how low I could get to down to the ground, I tried to earn my way, I tried to change this mind, You better believe that I tried to beat this. When will this end, it goes on and on Over, and over, and over again. Keep spinning around I know it won't stop, Till I step down from this for good

I never thought I'd end up here I never thought I'd be standing where I am I guess I kind of thought it would be easier than this, I guess I was wrong Now one more time

I tried to climb your steps, I tried to chase you down, I tried to see how low I could get to down to the ground, I tried to earn my way, I tried to change this mind, You better believe that I tried to beat this. When will this end, it goes on and on Over, and over, and over again. Keep spinning around I know it won't stop, Till I step down from this for good

This is a sick cycle carousel This is a sick cycle carousel, yeah

TBC

Sorry about how short and dialogue centric this is, but the next chapter will be longer and better and will include all of SG-1! Please, review.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Gater101