Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

It didn't work!

by Gater101
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
It didn't work!

It didn't work!

by Gater101

Summary: Daniel is back and he is causing havock!
Category: Humor, Romance
Season: Season 6
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: FAM
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2004-11-26

Part 5

The smile had not been removed from Jack's face since he had returned from that planet Jonas had wanted them to visit. It was just an ordinary planet with nothing inappropriate about it...except maybe the way the men were staring at a certain member of his team. Very disconcerting to Jack. She had seemed oblivious of course but Jack hadn't been.

He was on his way to the de-brief when he caught sight of Jonas in his office shouting at what appeared to be an empty room. Curious about the sanity of the members of his team he walked in.

Stopped. Double took. Gawked.

Jonas was talking - to himself.

No surprise there...except there wasn't actually anyone else in the room.

Jack stepped into the room and leaned heavily against the doorjamb. Listened to what Jonas was saying and laughed slightly at the frantic expression on the young mans features.

"Dr Jackso... Colonel O'Neill!" He exclaimed when he saw the team leader watching him from the doorway.

The frown on Jonas' face deepened when he realized Jack was watching him talking to himself. He stepped back, smiled and pretended to shuffle papers on his desk.

"Jonas...were you just talking to yourself?" Jack asked casually trying not to sound worried about the newest member of his team.

Jonas looked up a well-practiced look of innocence on his face that spoke volumes to Jack.

"No...I was just...practicing singing!" He answered smiling brightly in the hope that he could blind O'Neill out of his curiosity.

O'Neill tilted his chin slightly, raised two eyebrows. Smiled. Nodded. Left.

Jonas plopped into his chair and frowned into the cup he held in his hand.

"Singing? Jonas please! I can think of better excuses than that!" Daniel gawked at the man who was blushing profusely.

Jonas stood up suddenly and threw his mug down. It thumped. Banged. Clattered. Smashed.

"Ah...crap! They only had one of those in the whole base!" Jonas complained as he watched his only 'Kelowna I come from' cup smash in the ridiculously small sink that had somehow managed to get placed in his office since he went to Daniel's recommended planet.

"Jonas...I think that was the only mug like that on the entire planet," Daniel reminded him. Daniel shook his head and walked to the door and peaked his head out looking up and down the corridor for any sign of Jack. "I think we're clear," he muttered and wandered back into the room fully.

Jonas looked at him and smiled. His frown was still on his brow but there was also a smile on his features.

"So...this match making planet obviously didn't work...how can that be so?" Jonas asked as he flicked through the report from that mission.

Daniel looked longingly at the seat beside Jonas but resigned himself to the fact that he was going to have to stand.

"It didn't work the way we wanted it to, but it did work..." Daniel mumbled and looked at the ground.

Jonas frowned and brought his attention back to Daniel.

"What do you mean 'it did work'? Is there something that you want to share with me? I can't believe you didn't tell me! Our plan worked and you didn't tell me!" Jonas began pacing behind what used to be Daniel's desk whilst Daniel attempted to get a word in.

"I mean-"

"You know it would be nice to be included in our little universal plans!" Jonas raved until he finally heard Daniel trying - and failing - to speak. "Sorry," he mumbled and slumped back into the chair.

"It may not have 'got them together' but it did bring them closer. Where do you think Sam and Jack disappeared to half way through the party?" Seeing Jonas' look of 'oh-my-word-they-didn't-did-they?' he quickly corrected himself. "Don't worry, they didn't sleep together...okay they did but not in the way you think!"

Jonas was staring at him with wide disbelieving eyes that spoke more than any words.

"Jonas listen to me...they spent the night together talking nothing else. And the nothing else is what we want to happen right?"

Jonas nodded still unable and unwilling to speak.

"So...all we have to do is give them a well placed shove." Daniel smiled slightly at the look on Jonas' face.

"We may have to get help from Teal'c...I don't think I am strong enough to push one of them and your...well you're...you." Jonas stumbled over the last few words like a short-legged person attempting to do the hurdles.

It was at this point Daniel really wished that he was human, he would have banged his head off the table long ago.

"Jonas...that's is so not what I meant. Come here," Daniel indicated for him to come closer to him and began out lining the plan he had in his head.

A/N: Heh heh! Oh this was soooooooo much fun! It was soooooooo crap but it was fun! Tell the beloved gater what you thought!

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Gater101