Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Hanging Around

by Gater101
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Hanging Around

Hanging Around

by Gater101

Summary: Daniel is back and he is causing havock!
Category: Humor, Romance
Season: Season 6
Pairing: Jack/Sam, Martouf/Jolinar
Rating: FAM
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2004-11-26

For disclaimers see part 1

Hanging Around

Jack walked down the corridor towards Sam's lab an unusual smile on his face. He held two cups of cooling coffee in large burgundy cardboard cups with 'Costa's' emblazoned across it. He stopped there on his way into work after seeing it was open at his early hour of 5:30 am. He stopped in considering that Sam had probably been up all night working on some sort of technology from some sort of planet. Of course if she'd spent the night with him he wouldn't be complaining. In fact he'd be in heaven after seeing her nak...

Stop.

Right.

There brain. Go no further down that track.

Shaking his head Jack continued to walk towards her always cluttered lab. He swung around the corner and stopped. Smiled. Grinned. Stepped forward. Bent down. Whispered.

Louder.

Nothing.

Louder again.

Reaction. Her head turned away from the noise rousing her from sleep. Giving up and turning towards Jack she smiled drowsily then put her face back down on the table.

Jack scoffed when he saw a red mark across her cheek. A mark that looked distinctly...spanner shaped.

Reaching down a curious hand Jack brushed his hand over the mark and Sam flinched away from the touch but he continued unable to stop his fingers exploring the new-found delicacy.

She turned into the touch and smiled slightly.

Jack yanked his hand away eyes large and mouth gaping. Closing his mouth he placed the coffee down on the desk and reached a hand out to touch Sam's shoulder.

"Carter." He said and shook her slightly. No response.

For an instant he thought she was ignoring him in the hope that he would go away but the slight furrow of her brow and flutter of her eyes told him she was planning on waking up soon.

Well...good. It's not like he was worried by the prospect. Not that he was miffed that he couldn't watch her sleep any more. I mean why should he be?

"Sir?" She questioned as she pulled her head of its resting-place on her arm.

Reaching a hand out - this time with coffee in it - he handed it to her barely holding back a smile.

"What?" She asked looking into the coffee.

He pointed to his own cheek and grinned causing her to blush.

She reached up and touched her cheek then rubbed it. "Oh." She said still blushing from her neck.

Jack grinned and sat down, noticed a shiny object on the table and picked it up.

"What's it do?" He asked twirling it around in his fingers, then still not satisfied he threw it up in the air and caught it. Just about to throw it up again fingers wrapped around his to stop it from happening.

"It doesn't do anything." She said and placed it on the table where it was before it was picked up.

"Then why can't I play with it?" Jack pouted reaching out to pick it up again.

"Because it doesn't do anything on it's own," she pointed to something in the corner that looked distinctly like a microwave...to Jack at least. "But with that over there turned on it does do something." Sam said smugly looking into his eyes still with her fingers wrapped around his.

This got Jack's interest peaked. "What does it do?" He asked a new edge to his voice.

Sam sighed and leaned back in her chair staring into the space between Jack and the microwave. "I don't know." She raked a hand through her short hair sending it in all different directions.

"You don't know?" He asked gently wondering why she doesn't know.

"There's something written on it. Jonas doesn't know what it says but says Daniel would have been able to translate it because he'd seen it in one of his journals. But Daniel isn't here and I don't know." She finished taking a sip of her cooling coffee.

A silence descended in the room and Jack shifted uncomfortably. He wanted to reach out and touch Sam and comfort her but using his common sense he reached out and picked up Sam's overly expensive pen and began doodling on his hand.

"Sir?" Sam asked seeing his actions and smiling slightly.

"Sorry," he muttered and placed it down a sheepish smile on his lips.

He stood suddenly surprising Sam but she managed to conceal it behind a frown. Jack looked down at her a coy expression on his face.

"I have to go talk to the General." He said and turned to leave hesitating only to take one last look at the microwave in the corner and the still visible red mark on Sam's cheek.

[Is] [That] [Daniel] [Standing] [In] [The] [Corner]

Daniel smiled as he appeared in front of Jonas in his old office giving the poor man a heart attack.

"Jonas." Daniel grinned. "Just the person I want to see!"

Jonas looked around then into the cup he held in his hand - "Kelowna I come from" blazoned across it.

"What have I done?" He said uncertainly a deer-caught-in-the-headlights look on his face.

"Oh nothing out of the ordinary." Daniel smirked whilst Jonas wondered whether to placated by that remark or insulted.

"Thank you...I - think," he said a confused frown appearing on his young features. Shaking his head in frustration Jonas looked up at Daniel. "What can I do for you?"

Daniel smiled and moved to sit down. Stopped.

Realisation dawned and he moved back to his original position.

"I was thinking." He began then frowned. Shook his head and continued. "Our plan is taking longer than I had first anticipated. Now there's a planet I visited not too long ago where the people *love* match making. I was thinking I could give you the co-ordinates and you could go there." Daniel finished with a smile obviously proud of himself.

"I don't see why people being fond of making matches helps us in our contingency plan to get O'Neill and Sam together." Jonas said with a frown, which seemed to have taken place over his usual smile.

Daniel pinched the bridge of his nose barely refraining from groaning loudly at Jonas naivety - something that Teal'c seems to have passed on.

Looking at the bare carpet of his old office Daniel sighed quietly and ran a hand through his mussed hair.

"Jonas, Jonas, Jonas! Match making is getting two people together not - making matches." Daniel suddenly wished he had a pen to twirl or a seat to plop into - somehow the ability to control everything didn't have the same ring as slouching in a seat.

"Then why didn't you just say so and save me a headache?" Jonas said and bent over. "This could come in useful. What are the co-ordinates?" He waited for a few seconds then handed Daniel a sheet of paper.

"I'll have to point them out. Bring them up on the screen." Daniel motioned to the screen behind Jonas.

Jonas turned and brought up a page full of 'Gate co-ordinates and waited for Daniel to point them out.

What fun that was!

Five minutes later Jonas printed out the piece of information and moved to leave the room when he turned back to Daniel.

"Thank you Daniel." He said and left.

A cheery knock on General Hammond's door was answered a few minutes later and Jonas entered, froze then smiled.

"Colonel O'Neill." He acknowledged a slight cut to his voice.

"Jonas." He replied a full smile on his lips.

"What can I help you with Jonas?" Hammond asked retaking his seat at the authoritative side of the table.

"Oh yes! I have the co-ordinates to a planet I think it would be beneficial for SG-1 to visit." He rushed the words into one breath and breathed deeply at the end of it.

"Really? And where did you get these co-ordinates?" Jack asked a looking of mock interest on his face.

Jonas froze again.

Where?

Daniel?

Could he say that? He didn't think so.

"Um...I was looking through my journal's from when I was working with the Naquadria and when I was allowed access to the tomb's found on the planet's and I found a few addresses. I checked them against the ones in the SGC's database and this is the only one inconsistent and doesn't have a match." Jonas blustered his way through the sentence and hoped furtively that he had made sense.

"Very well. We'll send a MALP through and check it out. Give the co-ordinates to Sergeant Harriman and have him dial the planet up. Colonel go inform your team." Hammond stated.

The Colonel looked as though he wanted to strangle Jonas and hug him at the same time. Jonas smiled reassuringly and left to go give the co-ordinates to Harriman.

[Is] [That] [Daniel] [Standing] [In] [The] [Corner] [With] [A] [Mug] [Of] [Coffee]

Jack walked down the halls of the SGC towards his Major's lab with an unwitting smile on his face.

He'd just had a nice chat with Hammond.

Not about anything in particular. Just a chat.

Knocking quietly on the doorframe he entered and smiled at her. The mark on her cheek was gone but she still had the faint outline of it on her jawline.

"We got ourselves a mission." He announced and folded into a seat in front of Sam.

"Really?" She asked placing her pen on the table alongside a hand written report.

He nodded enigmatically.

"Oh yeah! Looks like Jonas has some addresses in one of his journals." He said raising his eyebrows in scepticism. "I think he is Danny's way of getting back at us." He made a hand gesture between the two of them and Sam smiled.

"I get the feeling he's still hanging around somewhere." Sam sighed and stood up, reached a hand down to help Jack to his feet.

Jack accepted and allowed himself to be hauled up.

"Oh yeah, still around." He said after she had left the lab.

Picking up the keys to the lab he made to leave but stopped momentarily when he saw the microwave and shiny object from earlier. He smiled turned and smiled wider when he saw the empty Costa cup sitting on the top shelf of Sam's lab alongside the photo of him and Sam at Daniel's memorial.

He locked the door and made his way up to the control room with a small contemplative smile.

TBC

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Gater101