Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Danny's Back 11: Amy

by Gater101
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Danny's Back 11: Amy

Danny's Back 11: Amy

by Gater101

Summary: "Colonel O'Neill had a date. Amy."
Category: Humor, Romance, Series
Season: Season 6
Pairing: Jack/Sam, other pairing
Rating: GEN
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2004-11-26

Amy

[Is] [That] [Daniel] [Standing] [In] [The] [Corner?]

"I heard about Colonel O'Neill."

Major Samantha Carter frowned momentarily at the young Kelownan's words but continued working on the new doohickey from P3X 9JQ. It was quite fascinating actually: the three symbols on the three triangular sides glowed from time to time, emitting a low energy field; the components on the inside buzzed and whined in correspondence with the glowing lights -

"You seem to be handling it better than I thought you would."

Sam frowned again.

"Handling what?"

The heat energy the device was emitting fluctuated by two percent every two minutes; the symbol on the side facing away from her was the same form -

"Colonel O'Neill's date at the weekend."

- as the symbol for Ea... what?

"What?" Her hand suddenly stilled, clutching tightly onto the _spectrometer, hovering over the blinking device.

She rolled her eyes towards Jonas' face and saw his expression: a mixture of shock, fear and... something else she couldn't quite place. His eyes fluttered around the room, resting anywhere but on Sam's face. She had butterflies in her stomach - rapidly turning into dead weights.

"I thought you knew... I mean, the whole base knows. I mean... I thought you knew..." The bumbling alien rambled until he felt Sam's iron vice on his arm.

"Jonas. Thought I knew *what*?" Her voice was steady, pronouncing each word each word perfectly, whilst simultaneously increasing the pressure in her fingers.

The boy looked around like a school kid being scolded for sneaking a peek in the girls' locker room - or eating someone else's banana, the latter being the more likely crime.

"Colonel O'Neill went on a date. Off base. Amy to... O'Malley's Saturday night. Off base."

Being Monday, Sam hadn't had the chance to see O'Neill as he was in his bi-weekly meeting with General Hammond.

Jonas was beginning to look pained and glanced frequently down at his arm clamped between Sam's jaws. Okay, her fingers.

Sam, meanwhile, was gawping and increasing the pressure on his arm as the boulders in her stomach bounced about.

"Sam... I really want to be able to keep writing..."

Frowning - again - Sam looked at him, somehow hearing his voice over the increasing beat of her heart loud in her ears.

"What?"

"My arm..." He looked dramatically at his arm, managing to throw a head curve in to emphasise where he meant.

"Sorry." She released her grip and Jonas pulled his arm away quickly before she could change her mind and rubbed frantically in hopes of eradicating the forming bruise.

Sam picked up the _spectrometer again and held it shakily over the device again. The heat energy had risen by two percent, the whirring had died down and the lights were dimming. What caused the sudden changes? Maybe the batteries were dead. Maybe it didn't work outside of its own atmosphere, after all P3X 9JQ had two suns and umpteen moons. Maybe-

"Why the hell didn't I know?"

Sam slammed her _spectrometer onto the work surface - no doubt breaking the fragile connections within it - and swivelled towards Jonas, looking desperately for the answer in the young man's face.

"I don't know Sam, you'd have to ask him."

Meanwhile...

"How was her appearance?"

Seated in Jack O'Neill's office watching the man attempt to locate a post-it, Teal'c felt no qualms about asking the Colonel such questions.

"She was great. Brown hair, shoulder length, kinda flicky with a..." he trailed off into a grunt as he attempted to yank a folder from under a mountain of cardboard manilas having given up on the post-it. "Emm...brown eyes, really big. Tall, she was tall. Jeans, black and a red top - kinda revealing but I wasn't about to say anything - sound like her father, y'know?" His words were jumbled and unorganised as he attempted to read notes, write a report and recall how Amy looked on Saturday night.

"I do not understand O'Neill. Why would you not wish to tell her to cover herself, are you not her father's brother?" Teal'c frowned and inclined his head slightly as he watched O'Neill misspell 'Carter' - spelling it 'Crater'.

"I am, yes." Sounding distracted.

"Then should you not be looking after her well-being?"

A pause then,

"Uh huh."

Another pause while Teal'c waited for him to elaborate. When he was about to speak, O'Neill spoke again.

"Which is exactly why I am keeping her the hell away from Jonas."

Teal'c opened his mouth and was about to ask the obvious when O'Neill looked up and saw the question on the big man's face.

Looking down again and jotting a few more words, he replied distractedly:

"Well, Amy *is* a very attractive young woman if I may say so myself."

"I can't believe you didn't tell me."

Jack's head whipped up, almost causing whiplash, definitely not distracted anymore. Teal'c turned and saw Major Carter filling the doorway, the 'scared' face of Jonas Quinn grinning maniacally over her shoulder.

"I will depart now O'Neill."

The sizable man stood and held the door open for Sam to enter and then closed it firmly behind him.

"You didn't tell me..."

Meanwhile, outside...

"Well?!" They heard him before they saw him.

Jonas and Teal'c shared an amused look at the ascended man's over-exuberance before nodding.

"She so totally fell for it." Daniel raised an eyebrow at the alien's colloquialism but did not dare to interrupt in case he went off on a tangent about how he came to understand this new phrase. "Though I may have one hell of a bruise," he whined and rubbed his arm under his green shirt (he'd phoned Teal'c that morning - after figuring out how to work the thing). His eyes suddenly widened. "What if it's broken?"

Daniel and Teal'c looked exasperatedly at one another, Teal'c's eyes widening slightly, Daniel's eyes rolling into his skull.

"Jonas, I don't think it's broken." Daniel informed him gently - if not somewhat patronisingly.

There was silence for a few minutes and Jonas rocked backwards and forwards on his heels, blowing air through his lips.

"I just remembered!" Jonas slapped a hand to his head. "I have a report I need to write up for General Hammond!" He began walking away down the corridor in the opposite direction of his office.

Daniel looked at Teal'c, who reached out and grabbed onto Jonas' shoulder, effectively stopping the man from walking any further.

"Wouldn't want to add a broken shoulder to your list now would you?" Daniel teased. Jonas shook his head. "That's what I thought." Silence followed. "So Jonas, does Lieutenant Rush still work in the infirmary?"

Jonas frowned asking 'what'?

"You know the pretty one. The one you asked out on a date with you last night?" Daniel continued and laughed when the younger man's eyes widened almost to the point of them leaving their sockets.

"How did you kno... Never mind... And she's fine." Jonas answered huffily, his secret being spoiled.

Silence again ensued in the corner, and Jonas and Teal'c were greeted with curious glances from anyone who saw them standing in the middle of the corridor, doing nothing, saying nothing, looking at the door to Colonel O'Neill's office.

"What do you think they're doing?" Jonas asked eventually and Daniel sent him The Look, saying 'don't even go there'. Obviously, choosing not see The Look, Jonas continued. "Maybe she's already killed him?"

Teal'c raised his head slightly, the only indication that he was becoming irritated by the team's new 'state-the-obvious' member.

"We shall have to endure the long wait," he replied stoically.

Suddenly, Daniel's face lit up as he was struck by an idea.

"What the hell am I doing waiting?"

Before either Teal'c or Jonas could say anything, Daniel had vanished, leaving the two alien men to look at one another once more.

"Well... we'll just wait here," Jonas sighed. "Now where did I put that banana...?"

TBC

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Gater101