Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Love

by Wabibito
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story Bemerkung:
I hope you enjoy
Love

Love

by Wabibito

Summary: Sam and Jack's kid writes a paper on love for school.
Category: Future Story, Romance, Thoughts, Other
Season: Future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: FAM
Warnings: none
Author's Notes: I hope you enjoy
Disclaimer: I don't own stargate. I have never owned stargate. I will never own stargate
Archived on: 08/10/05

Love By Elizabeth O'Neill-Carter
When I was assigned to write a report on love, and if we believed in it or not, I had the perfect story to tell. Yes I do believe in love, because I have had the best example in the world, my parents. Unlike many parents, they have never divorced and they don't fight very much. It's a truly inspirational story of how much they went through just to be together.
When they first met my parents were both in the air force. Actually, my father was my mother's commanding officer. It was basically love on first sight when my mother, a captain at the time, challenged my father, a Colonel, to arm wrestle. The regulations kept my parents from acting on their feelings, but the feelings never went away.
For my report I interviewed friends, family and fellow officers of my family about their relation ship. General Hammond, who is almost like a grandfather to me, said the feelings were obvious, and he was truly surprised that they restrained for years before it came too much. He explained on time my father was lost on a mission, which I cannot go into more explanation, and my mother practically refused to sleep or eat, because she was so worried.
My Grandfather Jacob, my mother's father said that the only thing about their relationship that bothered him was the fact that he lost his bet on when they would get together. He confessed to me that he always trusted my father because when ever he looked at my mother his eyes shone with love. My Grandfather knew that my father would treat my mother with the respect and love that she deserved and never fought it, or disapproved.
Daniel, my fathers best friend, said that through the years working with both my mother and my father he would get frustrated watching them. They would ignore the feelings, hurting themselves, but the moment one was in trouble they would come to the rescue. Daniel explained to me about the bets. The moment my parents met, almost every officer on the base they were stationed at had a bet on how long it would take for them to end up together.
After many long years of hiding their feelings my father got promoted to a general. He was put in charge of the base. After a little while their feelings were growing hard to ignore. Neither one of them wanted a court marshal so my father knew he had to do something. He talked to the President, yes, the President, and asked to be a civilian, and still run the base since he did not wish to give up the job. The President agreed, having known about their deep feelings and the restraint they used so they wouldn't endanger their job from General Hammond.
The moment he officially became a civilian he asked my mothers hand in marriage. She agreed, obviously, and a few moths later they were married. From what I can gather from the pictures of the wedding it was beautiful. Friends from all over had come to celebrate the long awaited joining of my parents. A little over a year later my older brother, David, came into the scene. A year later came myself, the middle child. The last member to come was our sister, Karla.
My parent's love has survived so much and they have waited so long to be together. They still act like a teenage couple in love. They never fight, and if they do it's never serous. They love each other more then anything.
So in conclusion, I do believe in love. I believe in love because I see true love every day at home. I hope that one day I will have the same kind of love my parents have, the kind of love that never fades or goes away.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Wabibito