Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Intergalactic Social Event of the Decade 1

by Vicky Ocean
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Intergalactic Social Event of the Decade 1

Intergalactic Social Event of the Decade 1

by Vicky Ocean

Summary: Samantha Carter's wedding is the most sought after invitation in the galaxy. Chaos will ensue.
Category: Drama, Romance
Episode Related: 807 Affinity
Season: Season 8
Pairing: Jack/Sam, Sam/Pete
Rating: 13+
Warnings: adult themes, language
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2004-12-25

All standard disclaimers apply. Just for kicks, pallies.

Set in Season 8- AU after Affinity

The Intergalactic Social Event of The Decade

Part 1

Pete groggily fumbled for the phone on the nightstand and brought it to his ear. "Hello?"

"Gimme Carter," a gruff voice ordered.

"Carter?" Pete repeated in sleep induced confusion. "Oh, Sam... you mean Sam. Yeah, hold on." Pete nudged Sam's sleeping form beside him. "Sam, telephone." She stretched out her hand and Pete placed the phone in it. "Hello?" she mumbled trying to clear the sleepy fog from her mind.

"That was quick," a familiar gravelly voice answered.

She was suddenly very clearheaded and more than slightly pissed at his tone. "What's that supposed to mean, sir?" she asked sharply but of course she knew what he meant.

"Nothin', Carter. Only that your boy Pete must be pretty close by."

"As a matter of fact, sir, he's right here beside me in bed." Pete raised an eyebrow at that statement, but she ignored him.

"Too much information, Carter."

"Then what the hell was your point, sir?"

"No point. Just an observation."

"What do you want, sir? And the fate of the universe had better be in jeopardy."

"Testy, aren't we, Carter? Long night?"

"What do you want, sir?" she repeated in a tone that might be called insubordinate.

"I was thinkin'-"

"Did you hurt yourself, sir?"

"Watch it, Carter. I'm trying to be nice."

"Oh, really?"

"Yes, really. I figured since today was your last day for a while you might want to pick the color, y'know like old times. We can even neglect to tell Daniel, since Jonas isn't around to screw with anymore." Sam tried to fight the smile growing on her face as she felt her irritation drain away. Damn it. She wanted to be pissed at him. He had been an ass, but God help her, she could not stay mad at Jack O'Neill for an extended period of time. She realized how much she missed the way they used to call each other to verify what color BDUs to wear for the day. It hadn't been necessary really. They'd long since had a system worked out for that. But after Daniel had ascended, they both craved the additional contact that helped ease the loneliness and allowed them a harmless venue to tease and flirt (and screw with Jonas's head). "That is very nice of you, sir.'

"See, Carter, I can do nice on occasion," the earlier gruffness left his voice and she could practically imagine the playful half smile on his face. She loved that smile.

"Yes, sir, you can. So what color?"

"Oh, I thought you might like to decide."

"Oh, sir, you are being very nice, but there are a lot of factors to consider."

"You're absolutely right, Carter. There are a lot of pros and cons to green or blue. It's not a decision to take lightly."

"Hmmm. What's your advice, sir? You know how much I respect your color sense."

"Well," he paused a moment considering. "If you really want my opinion..."

"I do, sir, I do," she replied quickly.

"Then I'll have to go with blue. It matches your Jell-O."

"Excellent point, sir. Besides Daniel never picks blue on his own."

"Colonel, have I told you how much I love your devious streak?"

"No, General, you haven't."

"Well, I do. Immensely."

There was silence on the line as they both suddenly realized the implications of what he just said. After a few tense moments, he said, "Um, blue, then?"

"Yes, sir. And by chance, will there be donuts this morning?" she asked trying to inject some lightness back into the conversation.

"Donuts? Yes, Colonel Carter, I can assure you there will indeed be donuts this morning." She could hear the smile back in his voice which kind of ruined the Teal'c impression.

"Chocolate iced?"

"Of course. Only the best for my favorite geek."

"You, sir, are a god among false gods."

"I know."

"Smug too."

"I never denied it."

"So you'll let Teal'c know, sir?" she asked winding down the banter.

"Yeah, sure, you betcha. See you in a bit, Carter."

"Bye, sir." Sam was still smiling to herself as she hung up the phone and climbed out of bed.

"Soooo..."

She turned around startled by Pete's voice. In the course of her conversation with General O'Neill she'd forgotten all about Pete. She could feel her skin flush at the thought of him listening to their chat.

Pete propped his head up on his fist and smiled teasingly at her, "Do you flirt with all generals like that or just O'Neill?"

"What?" Her blush deepened.

"Oh, come on, Sam. You have that man wrapped around your little finger. No wonder you got promoted so soon after he did." His tone was playful and teasing and she detected no malice in it but it didn't fail to raise her ire.

She fixed him with a steely blue glare. "If you think for one damn moment that I haven't worked my ass off for every damn promotion then you got another thing coming. General O'Neill would never-"

"Whoa, whoa, babe. Hold on, " He held his hands up in defense. " I'm just kidding. I know you deserve everything you've got. I'm sorry. Don't kill me, please, Miss Super Lady."

Sam forced her self to calm down. She knew he didn't mean anything by it. "It's okay." She gestured towards the bathroom door. "I've got to get ready."

"I'll make breakfast," he offered.

"Don't worry about it. The general's bringing me chocolate iced donuts," she replied with a quirky smile he hadn't really ever seen from her before. Pete thought it best not to think to hard on how it was brought on by General O'Neill's donuts. ---

"Oh, c'mon, Jack." Daniel pleaded. "Why can't we have a Starbucks on base?"

"You mean on our extra super classified top secret base?"

"Yeah, that one."

"How about one on the Alpha Site, too?"

"Could we?"

"That'd be a BIG "no" on both counts, Danny-boy."

"Okay. So it might be a bit of a security risk."

"Ya think?"

"How about my own personal barista?"

"Um- No."

"Why not? You ordered the commissary to always have blue Jell-O on hand for Sam. Can't you at least send one of the kitchen staff to barista school? I deserve this. I`ve saved the world, too, you know."

Jack turned to Teal'c, "You think we can get Jonas back? I know he had that creepy smile, but he hardly ever whined."

"Shall I attempt to contact Kelowna now, O'Neill?"

"Thanks a lot, Teal'c," Daniel glared at him and then turned his attention back to Jack. "C'mon, Jack, you're a general. You can do anything."

"Give it a rest, Danny. No wonder Oma descended you."

"Hey, guys. Sir." Sam greeted them as she took her seat at the table. She lifted the lid of the donuts and pulled out a chocolate iced one.

Daniel looked at her BDUs. Blue. He looked at Jack's. Blue. He looked at Teal'c's. Blue. He looked at his own. Green. "Hey, how come you didn't tell me you changed the color for today?"

Jack looked innocently at Sam. "You didn't call Daniel?"

"No, sir," she replied looked equally innocent at Teal`c. "I thought Teal'c was going to call him."

"And I thought you were going to call him, O'Neill."

Jack grinned at Daniel. "Oops."

"Maybe I'll call Kelowna myself." Daniel sighed as he poured Sam a cup of coffee. He suddenly realized his earlier request. "Sam, tell Jack I need my own personal barista. He'll do anything you ask."

"Shut up, Daniel, " Sam snapped and jerked the cup away from Daniel spilling some coffee on the table.

Daniel was shocked by her sudden anger, "Um, ah, okay."

Jack quirked his scarred eyebrow at Sam's sharpness. "Thank you, Carter. He's been whining about that all morning. Right, T?"

"Indeed." --- There was a soft knock on his office door. Without bothering to look up from the papers he was reading, Jack called out, "Come."

"Sir?"

"Carter," he studied her standing tentatively in the door way. "I figured you would already be outta here."

"I'm just leaving now, sir. I wanted to come by and let you know if you need me for anything-"

"Stop, Carter. I think we might be able to do without you for a little while."

"Are you sure, sir?"

"We can handle it. You've trained us well," he gave her a slightly wistful smile. "Enjoy yourself, Carter. You deserve this,"

"Thank you, sir. You'll be at General Hammond's on Friday, right?"

"Undomesticated equines and all."

"Good. Then good night, sir." She nearly door shut before she stuck her head back in. "If there's anything-"

"Just go, Carter. That's an order."

"Yes, sir," She smiled briefly at him and closed the door behind her.

Jack stared at the closed door for a moment and sighed heavily. This was going to be one of those nights. He pushed his paperwork out the way and pulled out the bottom drawer of his desk. He shifted the files over and pulled out the false bottom to reveal a bottle of twenty year old fine Irish whiskey and two heavy crystal tumblers etched with the SGC logo. The whiskey and glasses were a gift from General Hammond when Jack accepted his current position. He poured himself a glass. After taking a long sip leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes. He sat there for a long time, taking the occasional sip, and willing the ache inside him to go away.

"Jack."

"No," he replied to Daniel not bothering to open his eyes. "You cannot have a coffee slave."

"Okay. I'm not here about that."

Jack opened his eyes and studied the other man's troubled expression. "What?"

Daniel sat down in one of the chairs in front of the desk. "I went to go see Sam this afternoon. I wanted to see if she was okay. She normally doesn't snap at me like that."

"Yeah, what was that about anyway?"

"Apparently she heard someone say that the only reason she got promoted to Lieutenant Colonel was because you did it."

"That's a bunch of crap." Jack set his glass down heavily in irritation. "Everyone on base knows how hard she works. She deserved that promotion. If anything, I probably held her back by wanting to keep SG-1 together. Who said that?"

"I don't know, but that's not why I'm here. Anyway, when I went to see her. She looked like she had been crying."

"Carter was crying?" Jack asked in shock.

"She's not made of stone, Jack."

"I know," he responded quietly and poured himself another glass. "So what was she upset about?"

"Her father not being at her wedding."

"Oh. Hammond`s still giving her away, right?"

"Yeah. Jack, we've been looking for the Tok'ra for months. It's like they've disappeared. After I talked to her, Teal'c and I went through all the latest mission reports again trying to find any indication of where the Tok'ra could conceivably be, but we couldn`t find anything."

"Snotty little snaky bastards. Always got to do stuff the hard way. You know, Jacob's going to be royally pissed when he finds out he missed Carter's wedding."

"I wish there was some way to find him. For both their sakes."

Jack sat thinking for a moment. "Hey, you know Thor's coming. He might be willing to do a little investigating on his way across the galaxy."

"You think he might come up with something?"

"It's worth a shot." --- Jack, Daniel, and Teal'c stepped out of the Stargate and surveyed the barren landscape.

"What is it with these guys and sand?" Jack asked no one in particular.

"Are we certain the Tok'ra an indeed on this planet?"

"Oh, I think we can be fairly certain, Teal'c," Daniel replied as they were in fact suddenly surrounded by armed Tok`ra.

Malek climbed the stairs to approach them. "Colonel O'Neill, Dr. Jackson, Teal'c."

"Actually, it's General O'Neill, now." Jack replied with a little grin.

"My apologies. What are you doing here?"

"We came for the waters."

"Waters?" Malek looked confused. "We're on a desert planet. There are no waters."

"We were misinformed."

Daniel rolled his eyes and stepped forward. "We have a message for Jacob and Selmak."

"Major Carter is not ill, is she?"

"No, but she needs him."

"She's a Colonel now by the way." Jack put in as they followed Malek to the rings.

--- "Hey, Dad."

Jacob spun around to see Jack, Daniel and Teal'c standing in his doorway. "What the hell are you doing here?" he demanded.

"We came for the wa-" Jack began before Daniel cut him off. "Give up the Bogart, Jack. Once was enough."

"Fine, " he replied slightly miffed, but he slung his pack from his back and pulled out a case of Butterfingers. "Thought you might be missing these," he said to Jacob.

Jacob practically ripped the box from his hands. "Selmak has actually considered leaving the Tok'ra for these."

"We'll always have a place for you at the SGC."

They watched as Jacob hurriedly ate one Butterfinger. Then as he thoughtfully savored his second one he asked them, "How'd you find us?"

"Thor located you at General O'Neill's request," Teal'c told him.

"General O'Neill? Have the Joint Chiefs lost their minds?"

"Apparently," Jack's lips twitched trying to hold back a smile. "I'm in charge of the SGC too."

"Is George dead?"

"I`m sure he wishes he was. He's at the Pentagon."

"I bet he does." Jacob finished the Butterfinger. "Why are you here? And where's Sam?"

"That's kind of why we're here-" Daniel began before he was cut off.

"Oh, God, what happened to her?"

"No. No. She's fine, Jacob," Daniel corrected him quickly. "See the thing is... well, she doesn't really know we're here... but she's been so upset because you wouldn't be there and we knew you'd be upset and-"

Teal'c irritated with Daniel's rambling explanation put it succinctly. "Colonel Carter is getting married."

Jacob blinked for half a second then clapped Jack hard on the back. "It's about goddamn time. What happened? You get a special dispensation?"

Jack winced. "Ah, no."

"You retiring?"

Jack shook his head wearily, before Daniel spoke up, "Sam's not marrying Jack."

Jacob looked shocked and then glared at Daniel. "You?"

"No. Pete."

"Who the FUCK is Pete?" Jacob exploded.

"Her fianc."

Jacob turned to Jack anger thundering across his face. "I gathered that, Jack, you idiot. What did you do to her? "

"Jack didn't do anything, Jacob. Which is probably part of the problem, but that's beside the point." Daniel continued as Jack glared at him. "She was dating Pete before you left. She didn't tell you?"

"No." Jacob sighed heavily and sat down. "I don't suppose you brought any beer?"

"Nope. Something better." Jack dug into the pocket of his BDUs and pulled out a flask and tossed it to him. "Jack Daniel's."

Jacob took a big gulp.

"Uh, Jacob, does that really work with Selmak," Daniel asked curiously.

"I wish." he handed the flask back to Jack who took a long sip. "How're you handling this?"

"I'm her CO, Jake. It's none of my business."

"Bullshit, Jack. You love her."

"I'm still her CO."

"That can change."

"She's made her choice. She wanted a real life outside the SGC," he told the older man quietly. "She's happy. Be happy for her."

Jacob huffed. "So tell me about this man that makes her happy."

"He's a cop," Daniel began. "Her brother set her up with him."

"Mark's an idiot."

"He knows about the Stargate." Daniel continued.

"How?"

An irritated look flashed across Jack`s face. "He followed her and got mixed up in the Osiris op. I asked General Hammond to let him to know the basics. She seemed to think he could handle knowing."

"And can he?"

Jack shrugged.

"Actually, we really don't know much about him," Daniel explained. "He seems to be a nice guy other than a mild stalker complex which I supposed could be attributed to a cop`s curious nature. He did help clear Teal`c when he was accused of murder. So that`s a plus."

"Colonel Carter has seen fit to have him in our company on very few occasions," Teal'c said.

"She probably thought the three of you would scare him off."

"If he is so easily frightened he is not worthy of her affections."

Jacob rubbed his forehead trying to ease the tension headache building. "Do any of you approve of him?"

"I don't think he's that bad," Daniel tried diplomatically "But not right for Sam."

"And his name is Pete?"

"Yeah, why?"

"It just reminds me of a joke Dean Martin used to tell."

"Yeah, how'd it go?" Jack asked.

"He would sing this song that had the line `I dream in the john' and Sinatra would break in with some comment that I don't remember. Then Dino replies with `What do you want me to say I dream in the pete?'"

The three men stare at Jacob.

"I guess it loses something in the retelling."

"Ya think?"

"It's just every time I hear the name Pete, I think `I dream in the pete'." ---

"Sir, there better be a damn good reason that `Gate's still there!" Sam stormed up the metal staircase and strode into the conference room.

"Is there a reason it shouldn't be?" Jack asked with a perplexed look as she came to stand in front of him ready to fight with her hands on her hips a. He turned to Walter Davis. "What'd you tell her?"

"You told me to get her here, sir, no matter how," he replied with a shrug. "Seemed like a good idea at the time, sir."

Jack rolled his eyes.

"What's going on, sir? I don't have time for silly games. I'm getting married day after tomorrow. I'm up to my ears in last minute details. The florist-"

"Carter, calm down. We've got a little surprise for you." Jack nodded to Daniel and Teal'c who were sitting at the conference table. All three men looked suspiciously self satisfied. "Walter, show the Colonel what's behind door number one."

Walter opened the door to Jack's office with a flourish and there stood her father.

"Dad!" Sam launched herself into his arms. "I'm so glad you're here."

"Sammie," he held her tightly. "What's this rumor I hear about you getting married?"

Sam pulled back and smiled up at him. "It's not a rumor, Dad. I'm getting married on Saturday."

"Excuse us," Jacob pulled his daughter into the office and shut the door. "Why didn't you tell me you were seeing someone before I left?"

"I didn't have a chance." Sam bit her lip nervously. She had not been looking forward to this part of their reunion.

"Sam..."

"Okay, okay! I was afraid you would try to run him off. I know how you are, Dad."

"Sam, I never-"

"You did- with Jonas!"

"He was a mean son of a bitch, Sam. You just didn't want to see it. And you know how he turned out."

"I know, Dad, but Pete's a good guy and he loves me."

"Do you love him?" Jacob fixed her with a hard stare.

"Would I be marrying him if I, didn't?"

"I don't know, Sam. Would you?"

Sam closed her eyes and tried her hardest to calm down and not attempt to strangle her father. "Dad, if you can't be happy for me than you can go back to where ever you came from."

"Sam, don't be like that. I just want you to be happy. You deserve to be happy."

"Pete makes me happy," she whispered.

"What about Jack?"

"What about the General?" she asked the fire returning to her eyes.

"Sam, you know-"

"Dad, don't, please," she pleaded. "I can't take that from you on top of Daniel, Teal'c, Cassie, and everyone else on base. They seem to think I'm the Whore of Babylon or something. Nothing ever happened between us, Dad. Nothing ever could. You know that. It's time for both of us to move on from this stupid fantasy. It would have never worked anyway."

"Keep telling yourself that, Sam."

"Dad!"

"I'm sorry, Sammie. I just want you to be sure."

"I am, Dad."

"Good. Then I`ll be happy."

"So you'll give me away?" she asked, a small smile creeping to her lips again.

"Of course." He hugged Sam to him once again. "Do I have to call him Pete?"

"It's his name. Why?" she asked more than a little confused.

"It just reminds me of something."

"I'm glad you're back," Sam pulled away from him. "Did you come just for a visit or is this business?"

"Well, actually I was tracked down by an Asguard employed by three highly resourceful men."

"They got Thor to find you?" she asked in shock.

"Yeah. Those guys care a lot about you, Sam."

"I know." She opened the office door and beamed at the men standing there.

"So is our ruse forgiven?" Daniel asked returning her grin.

"Of course it is." Sam hugged Daniel tightly. "You guys are great." She let go of Daniel and moved to hug Teal'c. "I don`t know what I`d do with out you."

"You are most welcome, Colonel Carter. Though I believe it was General O'Neill's idea that we contact Thor."

Sam pulled away from Teal'c and looked at Jack. He stood with his hands stuffed in his pockets and a strange little smile twisting his lips. "Thank you, sir," She hugged him quickly before he even had a chance to take pull his hands out to return her hug.

"For cryin' out loud, Carter. What good is having the Supreme Commander of the Asguard fleet in your personal debt if you can't ask for a favor now and again?"

She smiled at the general again and then turned back to her father. "You ready to go, Dad? I can't wait for you to meet Pete."

"Actually, Sam, Jack and I need to have a long talk about the Tauri-Tok'ra alliance."

"Oh."

"Besides I'm sure you have a million things to do today. I wouldn't want to get in your way. I`ll be through here in time for the rehearsal and the dinner tomorrow. I can meet him there, okay?"

"Okay, Dad," she looked more than slightly disappointed. "You're right I have a ton to do. I`ll see you tomorrow." --- Jack stared at the low table. "Do we really have to sit on the floor, Jacob?"

"Oh, come on, Jack. We have to be authentic. Do you know how long it's been since had Japanese food?"

Resigned, Jack sank onto the floor. Thankfully his knees protested only slightly. "You know, as much time as I spent in Ba'al's sarcophagus you'd think it would have healed my knees."

"They don't work on old injures."

"I know that. I'm just trying to make you feel guilty for putting an old man through this."

Jacob snorted. "You're only as old as you feel, Jack."

"And I feel really old, trust me. I didn't know stars weighed so much."

"You're doing a great job with the SGC, Jack."

"You were only there an afternoon. How do you know?"

"All your people were happy."

"Must've been having an off day."

The waitress brought Jack's sake and Jacob's green tea and poured them each a cup before she left.

Jack pushed the sushi menu and pen across the table. "Here, Jake, you order. I don't care as long as it's not eel."

"Selmak isn't too fond of eel either." he replied studying the menu.

"Cannibalism, huh?"

Jacob's eyes flashed as Selmak took control.

Jack wasn't intimidated by the glowing and smiled a little sheepishly, "C'mon, Selmak. You know I don't mean anything by it. You are my all time favorite snake." Jack held it up his cup in salute. "Banzai."

Selmak laughed and then Jacob was back in control. "You know, Jack, I didn't like you when I first met you in Washington."

"I didn't like you either. In fact, I wanted to kick your ass that day. You really hurt Carter."

"I know. I've done that a lot. Unfortunately, it took Selmak to show me that."

The waitress returned and Jacob handed her the completed menu.

Jack poured himself another cup of sake. "Just out of morbid curiosity, why didn't you like me then?"

"I thought Sam was throwing away her chance at NASA, not to mention her career, to have some torrid affair with her substantially older CO."

"Substantially?" Jack protested.

Jacob just shrugged and smiled at him.

"You should have known better, Jake," he told the older man seriously. "Carter would never do anything like that."

"I should have. And, God help me, I'm glad I got to know you better too, Jack."

"Oh, c'mon. Don't get all mushy on me."

"I'm serious, Jack. You've been more of a son to me than Mark ever has. I'm proud to have known you."

"Thanks, Dad." Jack was more than a little uncomfortable at the compliment . "That really means a lot coming from you." Then he leaned forward and whispered conspiratorially. "Are you dying again?"

"No." Jacob laughed.

"Am I dying?"

"Well, I'm frankly surprised that you aren't dead yet myself, but, no, I haven't heard that you're dying."

"Well, that's good," Jack leaned back against the wall relaxing a little. "Because these kind of confessions are usually accompanied by a death bed."

"I guess what I'm trying to say is that I would have been proud to call you my son-in-law."

"Oh, here we go again," Jack poured and drank another cup quickly. "Can we please not talk about this?"

"I gave you my blessing after the Za'tarc incident."

"Yeah and do you know how many shades of pissed Carter would be if she knew you made a special trip to Earth just to come and tell me I had your permission to pursue a relationship with her?"

"You never told her?"

"Are you nuts? Do you know how scary Carter is when she`s mad?" He sighed heavily before continuing. "Besides we never talk about those kinds of things. They're all locked up nice and tight in Isolation Room 5."

Jacob looked rather surprised.

Jack shrugged. "It's what she wanted. She's the only one that has a key to that room. I don't. Y'know, I've never gave a damn about any silly regulations or my career, for that matter, but I would never do anything to hurt her. If I would have pushed it, I'm sure something would have happened without being under alien influence. But when it got out, and it would have, her career would have been ruined. You know that, Jake. You've seen it happen. She's worked too hard to have that taken away from her just because some broken down old flyboy was in love with her. Besides," he smiled ruefully. "I'm a possessive old bastard. I'd want everyone to know she was mine. I'd want my ring on her finger. Sneaking around, even with your blessing, wouldn't have been enough for me."

"You could have retired."

"I've thought of it. At least once a week. Believe me. But ultimately it came down to the fact that I didn't want her walking through that `gate without me to protect her."

"You don't now," Jacob observed.

"I protect her from Earthside dangers now. They've become almost as dangerous as anything could be out there." Jack paused for a moment before continuing with a sad smile. "If I retired, I would miss that beautiful sense of wonder and adventure she has with each new discovery in the universe at large. Pete can never have that. And, frankly, I'd rather be able watch her amid the science and exploration she loves than have her just warming my bed at night. Pete has no idea of what she`s really about and I feel sorry for him."

"Jack, you're a romantic masochistic old fool, you know that?"

"Yep. Can we change the subject now?"

Their sushi arrived and they ate in silence for a few minutes.

"How's Cassie?" Jacob asked after a while.

"She's doing great in school." Jack broke out in a proud smile. "Hasn`t quite decided what she wants to do yet though. Kinda thinking about being a doctor like Janet. Daniel's pushing archeology or linguistics. But she`s not sure of anything other than wanting to be a part of the SGC."

"I`m sure she`ll have a place there no matter what."

"Yeah. She lives with me now on her breaks."

"Really? I thought she was staying with Sam."

"She was, but when things with Pete got serious Cassie asked to come stay with me. Carter was kinda hurt, but she eventually got over it. Cassie said she wanted to give them their space and I guess Carter began to enjoy her space with Pete."

"So she doesn't care for Pete either?" Jacob queried shrewdly.

"Ah, no." Jack grabbed a piece of sushi out from Jacob's hovering chopsticks . "Mind if I take the masago? It's my favorite. Like sushi Pop Rocks."

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Vicky Ocean