Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Weave and Spin

by Teaphile
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Weave and Spin

Weave and Spin

by Teaphile

Summary: It's Daniel and Sam and their early friendship, with booze, UST, and a mechanical bull.
Category: Humor
Season: Season 1
Pairing: UST
Rating: 13+
Warnings: adult themes
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2005-05-16

It was the seventh shooter, the one he thought was possibly called a Bloody Brain, that put Sam over the edge. Or maybe it was the beer she'd been nursing most of the night that really did it. Either way, Daniel had to be glad of the consequences, because Sam was exceptionally pretty right now, with her eyes all lit up and her hips swaying to a beat that didn't quite match the BTO song playing over the bar's crackly speakers. Her jeans were tight, her top was tiny and he'd never imagined that the perfect Air Force captain he'd met a mere three months ago knew how to let loose like this.

Daniel tipped back his own shooter, his fourth, and winced slightly at the weird mix of flavours. He couldn't remember what it was called, but the waitress had brought around a tray and the next thing he'd known Jack had planted the glass in his hand and told him to drink up. He'd stopped just short of telling him he needed to get laid; Daniel had seen the words buzzing around Jack, but apparently he still had some kind of internal censor that kept him from suggesting that Daniel cheat on his wife. He'd swallowed the comment and settled for slapping him on the back and heading off to see what Teal'c was up to, leaving Daniel here to watch Sam flirt with the bartender for free drinks.

She was successful, as he was sure she'd be. She shimmied back towards him and waved the knot at the front of her shirt at him. "Hi, Danny."

"Hey, Sammy."

She punched him a little too hard in the biceps, chuckling when he clapped a hand over the spot. "Wimp."

"What'd you do that for?"

She slung back her drink and glowered at him. "You sounded like my dad. Hot guys are not supposed to sound like dads."

The evening was taking a turn for the surreal. "You think I'm hot?"

Sam snorted indelicately. "Come on, not even you are that blind."

He stammered a bit, cursing the booze that tied up his tongue. "It's not that, it's just on Abydos I was, you know, pasty and soft and not considered a great catch. I still haven't caught up to being back... here."

She punched him again, this time in the chest. "You're still soft."

He had to return her wicked smile. "Thank you, that just made my day, really." He resisted rubbing the spot this time, so she did it for him. Daniel tried hard not to enjoy her groping too much, but when she twirled around to point at the bartender he couldn't help but wonder if she'd deliberately slid her ass over his groin on the way. Because this was Sam, but it was also Sam, and he knew she was drunk, but also didn't know her well enough yet except to know that she was a mass of contradictions.

Now she was leaning way over the bar, talking to the bartender. Daniel came up behind her and resisted wrapping an arm around her waist, because he was married and she was his friend, no matter how hot she was, but he leaned his hip against hers anyway. Then the surreal got surrealer as the bartender invited her to dance on the bar and she looked at Daniel, not for approval, but seemingly to gauge his reaction. He lifted a shoulder at her and gave her a hand up when she grinned back at him.

So there she was, proper Air Force captain by day, denim-clad, biker-booted barfly by night and that alliteration had just run right away with him as he watched her grind to a song about a riverboat, arms held high over her head and smile wide enough to fall in, beautiful, if a little awkward. Perhaps more beautiful for her awkwardness. Maybe she was more like Sha're than he'd first thought. He'd known she was strong and smart and thoughtful, but he hadn't realized that she was also playful and seductive. He'd never seen that side of her at work, for good reason. Here, now, she was letting him in, letting them all in if only Jack and Teal'c had the sense to look.

He looked around to see if Jack was watching, and the evening got even stranger when he spotted Jack over at the mechanical bull he wasn't even sure worked, explaining something with gestures to Teal'c, who had that speculative gleam in his eye whenever he looked at the machine. Daniel had a feeling they'd spend at least one evening here in the near future, taking money from the poor, deluded people who had never heard of a Jaffa let alone seen one ride a mechanical bull.

"Daniel!" Sam was beckoning to him. He wasn't sure why, because there was a stool at hand for her to use as a ladder down to the floor, but she wanted his help so he'd gladly give it, only regretting it when she used him as a slide, full-frontal contact all the way down.

He grasped her close before she could get away and growled in her ear, "Don't do that. Please."

Properly apologetic, she stepped away. "Sorry." She shrugged. "You're just safe, is all. No expectations."

"I'm glad you feel that way, but even I have my limits." She wasn't paying attention to him anymore, her horrified gaze locked over his shoulder. "Sam?"

Her mouth opened and closed, soundlessly. "They're not...," her voice trailed off.

Daniel knew, then, who she was looking at. "Let them have their fun."

"He's not really taking bets."

He looked and sure enough, Jack was collecting cash and taking notes in a little spiral-bound book. "I guess that's how he's planning to pay for all that really expensive alcohol you drank."

"Serves him right," she chuckled. "Thinking I can't hold my booze because I'm a girl."

"Of course, he wouldn't put it that way." Daniel followed as she wound her way through the crowd surrounding the rest of their team.

"Never. He'd say it's because I'm a scientist."

"He obviously went to all the wrong parties in college." This time he did put an arm around her as she stopped, and when she reciprocated with a slim hand at his waist he pretended the only thing he felt was friendship. If he said it often enough, he'd have to believe.

END

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Teaphile