Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Legacy; Chapter 1, The Duel

by Stargatefangurl
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Legacy; Chapter 1, The Duel

Legacy; Chapter 1, The Duel

by Stargatefangurl

Summary: Chapter 1 of my Star Wars Crossover series. Read if you want to find out more. :)
Category: Action/Adventure, Alternate Universe, Crossovers, Other
Crossover: Star Wars
Season: any Season
Pairing: Daniel/Janet, Jack/Sam
Rating: GEN
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2004-09-01

Author's note: My only knowledge of Star Wars is from the original trilogy. I have not seen any of the new movies (though I have read the transcripts) or read any of the books (due to one overprotective mother :)). I apologize now for any inconsistencies from the expanded universe. Just consider this an alternate universe and we'll all be happy. And one more thing, I would like to say thank you to Mara Jade Jedi, who's story 'Force' greatly inspired this FanFic. Now, the coup d'tat ... no wait, that's revolution ... coup de rsistance? (sure, I took 2 semesters of French ... no, wait, that was Spanish!:) Oh, wait, I know! Pizza resistance! Er, no...

I-Chapter 1-I

The Duel

Jedi Apprentice Samantha Carter blocked the blood red lightsaber with her own tangerine one, sparks flying into the night air at the impact. Sam staggered back from the impact; her breath rate greatly increased by the effort just staying alive took. At any minute, she could make a wrong move and that one wrong move could end it all.

Sith apprentice Tesben Mege had felt confident that she could defeat this lowly Jedi apprentice with little to no trouble, and she was right. Yet even as the tall blonde woman staggered back from yet another of Tesben's powerful blows, she hesitated, this one, this Carter, was powerful, and Tesben could feel it, could sense it radiating out from her very being. Powerful, yes, but she lacked the knowledge and the skill required to win this deadly game.

Sam's strength was flagging and sweat trickled down into her eyes while Tesben had yet to even breath heavily. The words of her master echoed in her ears, the warning that Sam had so heedlessly discarded.

Lightning flashed across the rapidly darkening night sky, illuminating the stone colonnade where the two dueled, Sith against Jedi, as in the days of the great Yoda.

Sam lost her footing and fell back onto the ground, Tesben's saber waving threateningly right under Sam's nose.

"Ahh ... Jedi ... you have fought so hard, so courageously, it has been an honor and an immense pleasure. But, now you must die ... such a pity." Her evil cackle echoed across the stone pavers and out into the quiet, deserted landscape. "Your death will go unnoticed in the galaxy, a mere ... breath, in the whole scheme of life, just another Jedi who was not good enough."

Sam's face, illuminated by the red glare of the lightsaber hovering mere inches from its surface, was a mask of controlled hate, fear, and anger. Why, oh why had she ignored her master's warning? To prove just how dumb she could be when she wanted, or was it something deeper ... what was it about this Tesben? Something about her that drew Sam, while at the same time repulsing her.

Tesben had carried her moment of gloating too far, she now realized as she dealt what would have been a fatal blow, had her saber not collided with another; the Jedi had recovered and was now, once again, on her feet.

"There's an old saying from where I come from that might benefit you." Sam said as she used the Force to push the Sith's saber away from her body, both warriors now in a battle of strength as they stained against each other's saber, testing strengths, weaknesses. "Don't count your chickens before. *zzzsh* They. *zzwoosh* Are. *zzzashp* Hatched." The sound of lightsabers colliding once again filled the air, thunder rumbling in the background, the wind also now was picking up and tugging at Tesben's dark, flowing robes. Occasional flashes of lightning lit up the colonnade in an eerie shade of purple-white.

The duel slowly wound down in intensity as Tesben slowly gained the upper hand once again. Then, Sam made a grave miscalculation and Tesben pounced, sending Sam's lightsaber spinning away to the ground where it switched off, then Tesben's foot connected with Sam's jaw, knocking her back on her butt. This time the Sith didn't waste time gloating, she raised saber over her head, "now you die ... Jedi." The saber swept down in an arc, heading straight for Sam's neck. A flash of blue, and Tesben found herself face-to-face with a green-eyed monster; Tal Arman-Dei, Jedi Master, second only to Luke Skywalker. That Jedi just would not die!

Tal stood ready, sandy-brown hair whipping in the breeze, feet shoulder width apart, lightsaber held ready. An intimidating stance if Tesben had ever seen one. The Sith knew this would likely be her last duel, that is, unless she ... cheated.

The duel was on, Tesben instantly on the defensive, Tal on the attacking side of defensive (is there even such a thing?). Slowly, but surely Tal pushed the Sith back, that called for a change of tactics. In a sudden burst of energy, Tesben shoved Tal back, reaching out with the Force to close of Sam's airway.

"Allow me to leave or forever regret it, Jedi."

Tal hesitated briefly, the choice was simple; her Padawan, and friend, or Tesben Mege. With a sigh she switched off her lightsaber. Tesben backed away slowly, saber still held ready, debating whether or not to just go ahead and kill the Padawan. One look at the Jedi Master decided for her.

Tal watched in silence as the Sith dissapeared into the night, no doubt to return to her master. Hera Armani, Sith Master, the first in many years since the death of Darth Sideous.

A cough brought her back to the here and now. Hurring over to Sam, Talhelped her stand. "You okay?"

Sam nodded. "Yeah, jus' peacy." *cough*

"What did you think you were doing?" Tal's concern was overshadowed by more than a little anger. "I'm fairly certain I told you not to come."

"Yeah, well..." Sam shrugged calling her saber to her.

Tal sighed, feeling like her admonishment was doing more good to the wind than her apprentice. "If that wasn't the stupidest thing you've ever done I don't know what is."

"Don't ask." Sam said, a minute smile playing across her features, one which Tal gladly returned.

"Come on, let's get back to the ship. You could use some rest by the looks of you." Tal wrinkled up her nose in mock distaste. "And a stint in the fresher."

"Hey!"

~~+~+~~

Like it? Dislike it? Let me know, and please don't be too harsh; this is one of my first posted fics.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Stargatefangurl