Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Abydos Rain

by Space_gypsy1
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Abydos Rain

Abydos Rain

by Space_gypsy1

Summary: A day or so before The Children Of The Gods, Daniel believes he has time with Sha're.
Category: Missing Scene/Epilogue
Episode Related: Pre-series, Stargate - The Movie, 101 Children of the Gods
Season: Pre-Series
Pairing: Daniel/Sha're
Rating: FAM
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story was created for entertainment purposes only. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 02/06/07

Abydos Rain
By: spacegyspy 1
DISCLAIMER: "Stargate SG-1" and its characters are the property of MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, Gekko Film Corp., Showtime/Viacom and USA Networks, Inc. This story is for entertainment purposes only and no money has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended.
The full moon, so large it dominated the horizon, shown bright orange, casting a pink, golden glow across the rippled dunes.
Sha're's head rested on his shoulder. Daniel sighed in contentment.
It had been a long hike from the city to this spot, but Sha're insisted it was where she wanted to celebrate their first year together. Surprised to find the small clear pond hidden by jagged red rocks, Daniel decided that next year they whould trek further across Abydos to find other hidden treasures. And, next time he would take Good Father's advice and use the pack animals.
Their small camp sat at the edge of the deep red rocks and the water shimmered a reflection of the moon.
"Beautiful," Daniel broke the long silence they had shared, then added curiously, "I wonder why your people didn't settle here, near the water?"
Sha're rolled her head and lifted her face to him. "Our people, my husband," she corrected him.
Her sweet smile so took his breath away he could do nothing but nod in agreement.
Standing, she shrugged her shoulders having no answer to his question and moved to the small pond. Daniel watched her wet a cloth and return to him, squeezing the fabric and raining cool water over his head.
Remembering the feel of rain, he closed his eyes. Sha're continued to drip the water across his face moving back and forth to the pond.
It was raining the day he met Catherine Langford, the day that changed his life, brought him to Abydos, to Sha're.
Soft laughter broke his reverie.
His amazing blue eyes looked up to her standing over him. Her heart ached for him, always, always afraid he would leave and she would lose him.
Sitting beside him again, Sha're leaned into his chest, kissing his neck.
He stroked her back, "does it ever rain here?" "Rain?" she repeated. Daniel laughed at himself, they had been speaking Abydonian and he had slipped into English.
"Yes, `Rain' you know, Rain?" He had to keep repeating the English word unable to come up with the proper ancient Egyptian one at the time, "Water falling from the sky?" he continued, raising his hands, wiggling his fingers in a downward motion.
Sha're sat up laughing, "water falling from the sky, Dan'yel, what a joke you make!"
He smiled happily and stroked her hair, not bothering to correct her. Maybe someday he would teach her about rain forests and rain storms. His hand settled at her neck and he tugged her gently to him, I have all the time in the world for that, he thought as he kissed her, the smile still on his lips.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Space_gypsy1