Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Five Crossovers That Didn't Happen to SG-1

by Fig Newton
[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The fellow wore his formal green uniform like a second skin, the perfect poster child for recruitment to the military that apparently still persisted in this time. Tall, good-looking, wavy hair perfectly styled, teeth flashing in a dazzling smile -- he was everything that Sam normally despised, but for some reason, she only felt amused. For all his blatant flirting, she sensed that if she made her rejection clear, he wouldn't try to persist. And the bland innocence of his eyes was simply too good to be true. Ivan, she decided, was a lot more intelligent than he pretended to be. She wondered why he chose to hide his talents behind a facade of vague incompetence.

"I'd be delighted to show you around London, m'lady," he purred, trying to take her arm. "I'm a galactic myself, of course, but I've managed to discover some quite delightful nooks and crannies. Much nicer than the arcade, I assure you. Perhaps you and I could sample some of the city's pleasures together."

Sam pulled her arm away and eyed him. "You're very kind," she said evenly. "But as I said, I'm trying to do some research and I seem to be a bit lost."

He blinked at her guilelessly. "Surely you tried the information panel at the main lift tube station?"

"I can't say I did." After all, she hadn't known it existed in the first place.

"I'll be happy to show you," Ivan beamed. He took her arm again. "And once we've done that, perhaps you'd be interested in --"

"Sam!" Daniel came hurrying towards them, squinting a little in the bright sunlight slanting through the glass roof. He'd taken off his glasses once they'd realized what an anachronism his poor eyesight seemed to be in this advanced century, but he seemed to have little trouble spotting her. Perhaps, Sam though wryly, he'd followed the gleam of Ivan's polished boots.

"Ah, yes," Sam said brightly, gently pulling her arm away. "Ivan, this is my very good friend, Daniel."

"Pleased to meet you," Daniel said, a little distracted.

"And you, I'm sure," Ivan replied, looking a little crestfallen. "A very good friend, you say?"

"Certainly. As good a friend as him --" Sam pointed at Colonel O'Neill, only a few paces behind Daniel. "And him, too," she added sweetly, as Teal'c suddenly loomed in Ivan's face.

Ivan stepped back a pace, although Sam couldn't help but admire the way his flustered look quickly shifted to one of polite civility. "I'm glad a lady of your quality has such worthy companions," he said, smoothly turning his disappointment into a suave compliment. "Until we meet again, m'lady." He gave her a flawless, practiced bow, nodded politely at the others, and backed away.

"Is all well, Captain Carter?"

"No problem, Teal'c," Sam assured him. She patted him on the arm. "Thank you, though."

"A little bit of local color?" the colonel muttered in her ear.

"Not really," she answered. Despite herself, she realized she was still smiling at Ivan's rapidly departing back. "He's from a planet several wormhole jumps from here."

Daniel blinked at her. "Did you say wormhole jumps? That doesn't sound like the Stargate."

"No, it doesn't," Sam admitted, shifting gears. "But with space travel so advanced, there's bound to be research into time travel, too. Come on, Daniel -- I'll need your help in the library. Let's go."
Kapitel Abschlussbemerkung:

TA 3012 is seven years before the War of the Ring from Lord of the Rings. Daniel is talking to Merry and Pippin, using their Westron names.

1875 C.E. takes place in Minnesota, just a few miles from the banks of Plum Creek. Jack is talking to Charles Ingalls from The Little House series.

1983 C.E. is several years before Sam Beckett makes his Quantum Leap breakthrough. Sam is talking to Donna Eleese, Beckett's wife (and a brilliant scientist in her own right), during the time she was part of the Starbright project.

USF SD 21209.15 takes place in the Star Trek universe. Teal'c meets Amanda Grayson, Spock's mother, shortly before she herself meets Sarek.

2796 C.E. is from Lois McMaster Bujold's Vorkosigan series. Sam is talking to Ivan Vorpatril during his assignment to the Barrayan Embassy on Earth, some time before Miles comes exploding onto the scene.