Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Waking Moments

by Mishy_mo
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Waking Moments

Waking Moments

by mishy_mo

Summary: It's the most glorious part of the morning;drifting from the sweetest dream to a perfect morning.
Category: Romance
Season: Season 8
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: GEN
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2004-12-22

Waking Moments

It's the most glorious part of the morning; moving from one world to another, real to unreal through some glorious archway that outshines anything else from horizon to horizon.

Drifting from the sweetest dream to a perfect morning.

As you wake, the remnants of sleep in the form of a picturesque scene flash through your mind hazy yet clear, the reliable sensation of gravity pulls your head deeper into the softest pillow inviting you to fall back into your peaceful slumber. Every limb feels relaxed and yet strained as you try to hold on dearly to the dream that made them so. Shifting slightly the gentle cotton of your cocoon grazes your skin making reality seem as appealing as the dream. Sinking further into the dip in the mattress which is officially your favourite place you feel the comforting warmth of him beside you. Your protector, your friend, your lover. With a smile you remember that it is he that has made you dreams so sweet and (now) your mornings so perfect. The arm draped lazily around your waist, your fingers entwined with his, the soft kisses of his lips on your bare shoulder.

He has been watching you sleep, you can tell, the close contact ensuring you are real and not just the dream that he had for years. You know that because you feel it also. Neither of you thought life could be like this. Sweet dreams, perfect mornings, lazy days and peaceful evenings. A life you both strived for, reached for for years to find it land unexpectedly and so easily in front of you.

You can see the light of the golden sun streaming through the window as your eyes take their first peek at the world, as if being born again, as if each day was a new life, and he that watches over you, your soul mate, if you believe in such things.

The tactile sensation of his gentle hand compared with soft cotton sends shivers down your spine as his fingertips trace circles on your arm.

'Morning.' you whisper, looking deep into his soul.

'Morning.' He smiles. The kind of smile that lights up your life and makes it worth living. The kind of smile that makes these mornings perfect.

Though the dreams may be sweet nothing can beat the real thing.

Who wouldn't want to wake to this.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to mishy_mo