Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Chasing The Wind

by StarnightSam
[Reviews - 22]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Kapitel Bemerkung:
“No. Carter, you said something and I can’t forget it. I need to talk to you.”

Chasing The Wind

By StarnightSam

Previously: Jack had never seen Carter look so good. But then this was Samantha, not Carter. She was magnificent, gorgeous, sexy, and just beautiful. What he would give to have her dress like that for him. But he knew it was for the cop, which made him wonder where he was. It didn’t appear that he was here after all.

Chapter 2

“Sir? What?... What?... are you doing here?” He couldn’t answer at first. He was mesmerized by her beauty. He looked up and down her body, landing at her breasts for quite a long moment before he made his eyes move to her face.

“Uh… I.. I.. need to talk to you?” Jack’s words came out more like a question than a request, and his voice was filled with what could only be called lust.

“Sir, now’s not a good time. I have a date.” Sam couldn’t miss the look in his eyes.

“Oh?” Jack’s vision seemed focused only not on her face.

“Please, Colonel, can we do this some other time?” She was becoming more anxious by the moment. Something was off. When had the Colonel ever let her catch him staring at her….body?

“Sir?” Jack looked back at her face.

“No. Carter, you said something and I can’t forget it. I need to talk to you.”

“Okay, but Pete will be here any minute. We have to make it fast.”

Jack almost laughed at that. But he didn’t want it to be fast, not what he had on his mind. “I’m not sure if I can, Carter. It’s up to you.”

She stared at him as if he were a snakehead. “What?”

“Please, may I come in?”

“Colonel, Pete will be here at 8:00, he’s never late.”

“I wouldn’t be either if this is what waited for me.”

“What?!” It took her a moment to realize what he said although she couldn’t believe it.

“Carter, how long have we known each other?” He asked as he walked into her den and sat down on the sofa.

“Sir, you know very well how long. What’s this about?” She asked following him.

“Your accusation.”

“What accusation?” She was beginning to understand the cause of his visit.

“That’s right. You know what I’m talking about.” He could read her expression the minute she realized what he meant.

“It was just a phrase, something that people say. It didn’t mean anything.” But Jack could tell from her tone of voice that it did.

“I don’t believe you.”

“You calling me a lair, Sir?”

“Yeah, Carter. I am.”

They stared at each other a long time or what felt like a long time. He couldn’t take his eyes from her. He thought he saw something that he’d never seen there before. He just didn’t know what it said.

“I’m sorry, Colonel. I shouldn’t have said that to you. I was out of line.”

“Won’t work,” Jack huffed and leaned back into the couch. “Sit,” he said patting the couch beside him.

“Please, Sir. Pete is due any minute,” she whined.

“Don’t care.”

The door bell rang. “He’s here. Sir, please just go.”

“Then tell him you’ve been called back to work. Tell him anything ‘cause you’re not leaving ‘till we straighten this out.”

“What?! You can’t order me to do that! We have dinner plans.” Fear gripped her face and she froze above him.

“I can, and I just did. Carter, you’re needed back at the SGC.”

“I’m not.”

“Are too.”

“Am not.”

“Are too.” The door bell rang again.

“Should I tell him myself?” Jack asked, raising his eyebrows every bit as high as Teal’c as he started to get up from the sofa.

“You can’t do this to me.” Tears formed a bright sheen over her eyes as she fought to keep them from falling.

“You did it to me.”

“I simply made a statement. A correct statement at that!”

“Well, now at least we’re getting somewhere. You admit you had a reason to say it?” Jack asked as a loud knocking noise came from the front door.

“Sir, please. Can we at least talk about this tomorrow? I do have plans.”

“I see. But, no, Major. We’re talking tonight. Here or at the SGC. It’s your choice.”

“You can’t make me do this. This isn’t work related.”

“It has to do with the cohesion of my team. It damn well is work related. We have an important mission starting Monday. I can’t go without knowing what you meant. Carter?”

“What? Sir? Why are you doing this?” She pleaded. The knocking became harder and louder.

“Do you want me to tell him or will you, Major?” He asked emphasizing her rank. She turned away from him and stomped to the door as well as she could anyway in such high heels. Sam turned to look at him once more, pleading with her eyes. But Jack only stared back at her. “Go on, open the door.”

She opened the door and Pete stood there all dressed in his tux and a bunch of long stemmed red roses in his arms. She thought seriously about just walking out the door with him. She needed this night. She had plans for this night. It would be their first time to have sex if she had her way. Sam Carter couldn’t remember the last time any man had made love to her. She was long overdue.

At this moment she wanted to stomped her CO into the floorboards of her den and just get on with her night. Why had she made that comment to him in the first place? She knew it was her fault. Had she unconsciously tried to sabotage her date?

“I’m so sorry, Pete. But…, I’ve just been called back to work. My CO just came to pick me up. Can we postpone our date? Please?” She looked sincere to Pete. He could tell by her expression she was upset, and that she really didn’t want to break their date. She leaned in to kiss him. He wrapped her in his arms and held her for a moment. Then Jack appeared behind her.

“Carter, we need to get going here. Paul.” He nodded his head to Pete.

“It’s Pete. Colonel O’Neill is it?” Jack just nodded.

“We have plans; I’ve made reservations and everything. Can’t this wait until tomorrow?”

Pete asked Jack.

“No. Son, it can’t.” Now why the hell had he called the cop son? Did he really want him to look any younger to Carter or himself any older?

“I’m really sorry, Pete. I’ll call you tomorrow.” Sam said trying to give Pete a quick kiss as Jack took her arm and pulled her out of her front door. He smirked, thinking to himself at least he’d stopped that kiss. He took the roses from her and handed them to Pete.

“Put those in water, and then lock up, will ya? We’ll probably be all night.” Jack said as if he was addressing one of his subordinates.

TBC

Thanks for reading! And for reviewing!