Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Chasing The Wind

by StarnightSam
[Reviews - 22]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story Bemerkung:

 Jack/Sam romance. 

Disclaimer: Nothing about the Stargate empire or characters belong to me. I am not being paid for this. I intend no infringement or copyright transgression. I just like playing with them. They’re so much fun!

Chasing the Wind

 

Summary: He kept hearing Carter’s words over and over in his mind. ‘Chasing the wind.’ What had she meant? It was driving him bonkers!

 

Disclaimer: Nothing about the Stargate empire or characters belong to me. I am not being paid for this. I intend no infringement or copyright transgression. I just like playing with them. They’re so much fun!

Chasing the Wind

StarnightSam – 12/2007

Chapter One

You’re like chasing the wind, Jack O’Neill.”

Had she really said that to him? What the hell did she mean? She’d never chased him! He always knew when a woman, any woman was coming on to him.

Hell, she’d made it clear that they should leave it all in the room. All of it. He’d asked her if she was okay with it. And what the hell had she said? Nothing. Nadda… Not a damn thing! Not then. Not since.

‘I’m like chasing the wind?’ He thought to himself, ‘Me? Well, if she thought she was chasing something, then someone needs to give her lessons in chasing. ‘Cause it’s damn sure she doesn’t have a clue how to chase!’

Yeah, he’d just tell her that too!...., just as soon as he could get his equilibrium back.

What on Earth was she talking about?

Jack had spent the last two hours walking up and down his drive. Every since she’d made that comment to him, he had been completely brain dead. Did she really think she’d been chasing him? How? When? Where?

God only knew how much he wanted to be caught by her! But he sure had missed the chasing part! Last he’d heard she was seeing that Pete-something or other. He just didn’t think that counted as chasing after him. On the contrary, it seemed she had no interest in him at all. It was hard to admit that, but after the humming and the twinkle in her eyes in the elevator what else could he do?

Was it that Sam was still suffering from the concussion? She had hit her head really hard on the Prometheus. From the mission reports, they were lucky to have her alive, plus she’d made sure that the whole crew and the ship were returned. She’d pulled another impossible feat out of her butt…. uh, head.

She had accomplished that feat with a severe concussion. She’d talked some unknown aliens into returning all her crew after the Prometheus was trapped in a gas bubble, and saved the same unknown aliens to boot. He didn’t understand all the report said, but he knew she was the reason they’d all made it back.

She should have already been promoted to Lt. Colonel before this, she’d already earned it. But she certainly should be this time. But their superior officers in their stupidity stated something like it wasn’t enough time since her last promotion!??

Idiots! Didn’t they have a clue that she was the only reason their butts were still snake-free? He’d like to tell them all what he thought of this. Egotistically chauvinistic bigots, that’s what they all were! If it’d been any of the present male officers, the higher ups would have made a big to do and pinned those birds on so damn fast all heads would spin, plus give them the metals. He could name at least a dozen other Special Ops who had been promoted from Major to Lt. Colonel in less time than this. The Powers that be certainly understand how much more dangerous this gig was.

He couldn’t do anything more than push Hammond for her full-bird, but he could make sure that she would receive the metals; he and Hammond both agreed on that.

 

Jack pulled his keys from his pocket and popped the lock open on his truck door one more time. Pulling himself up into the big truck, he decided he’d just go the bar he liked to frequent. He still couldn’t wrap his mind around what she’d meant, but he wasn’t brave enough to ask her just yet.

Couldn’t open that door, not yet. She was just too important to the Stargate Program. They needed her, which meant he couldn’t have her, unless he retired or moved from her chain of command.

But now, she was dating! Dating! Damn it! How had he missed that? She had actually been humming in the elevator few days ago. Humming! Even admitted to dating that cop!

He couldn’t let himself think of her actually sleeping with someone else. Someone Else? What the hell did he mean by that! He sure as hell had never slept with her. Not him. Big damn dummy! That’s what he was!

Chasing the wind? When had she chased him? Had he missed something? He was older than she by at least a decade, but he would have surely noticed her chasing him. Wouldn’t he? It was true; he made a lot of effort trying not to ‘notice’ just how feminine she really was. But… No… He just knew he’d have noticed if she was actually coming on to him. He knew he would. Right?

0o0o0o0o0o0o

After the third drink, Jack decided he’d had enough ‘courage’ and left the bar. He drove around for a while, torn between going home and going to her house.

What if she wasn’t alone? What then? Would he just push the cop aside? What if she was alone? Would he just march in and demand to know what she meant?

Was she just teasing him? She sure hadn’t seemed like she was laughing. In fact she seemed angry with him. Why? What did she have to be angry about? She was the one dating! But that didn’t have anything to do with this, did it? He was so confused.

The more he thought the more upset he became. He couldn’t stop his truck from driving straight to her house. He tried three times to turn down the wrong street, but he couldn’t. He kept getting closer and closer to her house. What would he do?

He stopped across the street a house down from hers. He thought it was the cop’s car parked just up from the gate of her house, but he wasn’t sure. But he couldn’t make himself leave. He wanted to know what she meant and he couldn’t wait until Monday that was three long days. He’d go bonkers before then. Okay maybe he was already bonkers, but he was certain he wouldn’t make it until then.

It was only 7:50 PM. He hoped to God that she wasn’t in bed with that cop this early. He didn’t know if he could handle that. Even if he did suspect she’d been sleeping with the guy, he certainly didn’t want to see it.

‘Stop it, Jack,’ he chastised himself. ‘Don’t go there.’ He got out of his truck and walked the few steps to her fence gate. He stood there another few minutes and then jacked himself up enough to walk to the front door. He tried to see into the window as he walked but the curtain was closed. Not a good sign, he thought.

He stood at the door another few minutes before he had the courage to knock. He waited his heart in his throat. The door opened and there she stood. Boy! Carter, no, make that Samantha, in a little black dress that showed off those beautiful breasts he’d only glimpsed on occasion as she changed into her BDU’s.

The skirt barely flared at the waist and had a touch of red trim around the neckline. Heaven help him, she was so beautiful, tall, long shapely legs in the sexiest high heeled sandals he’d ever seen. Her hair was styled in an uplift with cute little curls around her temples and neckline.

Carter actually had on makeup. He’d seen her in make up before, but never like this. She was gorgeous! Her much too blue eyes seemed to stand out, glimmering the deepest blue he’d every seen them. He really didn’t know why.

Jack had never seen Carter look so good. But then this was Samantha, not Carter. She was magnificent, gorgeous, sexy, and just beautiful. What he wouldn’t have given to have her dress like that for him. But he knew it was for the cop, which made him wonder where he was. It didn’t appear that he was here after all.

TBC