Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Chasing The Wind

by StarnightSam
[Reviews - 22]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Kapitel Bemerkung:
Jack thought his heart would explode, he couldn’t remember ever feeling quite so owned, not even by Charlie. He’d never loved anyone with such abandonment like he had his son until now.

Chasing the Wind

by StarnightSam

Previously: “God! No. Why would he do that? What did he tell him?”

“Not much, seems when Hammond confronted him with Farrity Pete hung up the phone. Only thing he told Hammond was that we’re having an affair.” Jack watched as every emotion she was feeling displayed across her face. He knew she’d hate to be outed, but like this was the worst. And she still had not answered his question. A slight panic surged through Jack.

 

Chapter Nine

Summary: Jack thought his heart would explode, he couldn’t remember ever feeling quite so owned, not even by Charlie. He’d never loved anyone with such abandonment like he had his son until now.

 

Lost in his thoughts Pete sped through the traffic heading toward the freeway. He needed to get back to Denver and try to counter any damage that might have been caused by his investigation of the Air Force officers.

He’d only wanted to find out about them especially Sam, not start a war with the Air Force. He’d been attracted to her from the moment they met, but she wasn’t forthcoming with anything about her work. That held a red flag for him. He hated being left out of anything, especially details about the people he cared about. And he had intended to be a big part of her life.

 

0o0o0o0oo00o0

“This is General George Hammond. I need to speak with the supervisor of Detective Peter Shanahan.”

“I’m sorry general, but he’s off duty,” replied the officer.

“This is important put me through to his private number or give it to me. Your choice.” As usual General Hammond expected that his orders be followed. The officer never questioned the general’s command even though he’d never give the chief’s private number to anyone without ID. But before he could stop himself he rattled off the chief’s home phone number.

 

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

“Affair!” Sam’s eyes were wide and glared as recognition dawned. “Oh, hell! Why did he do that?” She whispered bringing her eyes to meet Jack’s.

“I think because he wanted me out of the way. It’s his attempt at splitting us up. Sam, we aren’t gonna let him, are we?” Jack’s eyes pleaded, as his fingers moved up her arm and held tight at her elbow.

There had always been such a wide self imposed distance between them, one that had been necessary to do their jobs. It was difficult now even after their night of lovemaking and honest admission of long repressed feelings to bridge that distance easily. It was difficult to trust that either of them wouldn’t be hurt by their current actions. But God help him he couldn’t let her go now. Jack knew he had to do something out of the norm to help her get through this with his desired outcome.

He could read fear in her eyes and then she visibly relaxed. He pulled her against him and placed his lips against her neck. She felt each breath tingle its way into her. Her heart raced and she knew she’d never let him go so easily either. Only she didn’t know just how to make all the pieces of her life fit. Sam loved her job. She wasn’t ready to give it or Jack up. But she didn’t want to lose him from SG1 either.

She wanted it all. Was that so much to ask? How many times had she saved the planet? Wasn’t she due something in return! She normally asked nothing for her service, it was who she was after all. Giving all she had to give to her work and the excitement of traveling from planet to planet was reward enough, until now.

She wanted Colonel Jack O’Neill. All of him. Sam raised her face to his and kissed him. She replied softly, “No.”

“Come to bed. It’s late and I need to hold you,” Jack whispered against her lips, barely touching her but his essence enveloped her making her different somehow. Sam had rarely if ever felt so willing to let another person control her, but she gave in to him just as easily as she submitted to his command in the field. She vaguely wondered if it was the same thing. She hoped not.

Jack’s six sense was on overtime even now. He knew tonight was pivotal in their future. He knew what he had to do at the moment or he could lose her to the same damn thing that had kept them apart over seven years. Jack refused to go back. It would feel too much like losing his family the first time. And now he wouldn’t get through it, not now after giving her so much of himself already.

He swept her into his arms and walked toward her bedroom. Their eyes never left the other’s, locked in longing, love, desire and uncertainty. It was the uncertainty that scared each of them the most, the uncertainty of tomorrow. Tonight, tonight they would take. Maybe for the last time maybe the beginning but tonight would be theirs.

He laid her gently on the bed and sat down leaning over her his eyes never leaving hers. His fingers gently danced over her neck leaving chills as he found the clasp of her dress. He loved the way her body responded to him. It had been unexpected although he had no clue as to what he had expected. But it delighted his heart.

She wrapped one arm around his neck and pressed her other palm to the side of his face. She said nothing, but her eyes told Jack all he needed to know at the moment. There she was.

Ready.

Willing.

His Carter. He could see her eyes were filled with desire and even love for him. Jack thought his heart would explode, he couldn’t remember ever feeling quite so owned, not even by Charlie. He’d never loved anyone with such abandonment like he had his son until now.

But his feelings for Sam were different. She had wormed her way into not only his heart but she had become a big part of him so much that he thought the same blood must ran through both their veins. He might not die if he lost her now, but he’d certainty have no life left in him, nothing left to give.

Suddenly Jack was filled with the same loss of control that had come over him earlier tonight. All he could think of was her, loving her, wanting her. As if they were in slow motion he lowered his lips to hers and gently kissed her. The kiss was so loving and sweet. The kiss was that of a couple in love and had been for so long that the first thing they gave the other was a sincere expression of that emotional bond. It was different from any kiss that they had shared. Their first kisses of the evening had been sweet and good, passionate and filled with a burning desire to be together.

But this time their actions were those of a couple who had been pleasing each other for a long time and knew the other well. Jack sensed this even though he had no words to explain his feelings. Somehow his hands and lips did.

He slowly moved the dress down her body and dropped it beside the bed. She could feel his fingers drag slowly around her body. Her body arched and he smiled at her. Yeah, he loved this. She wanted him and she left no doubt about it.

He’d noticed the different colors of her eyes before, but he’d never seen this one. It was too dark earlier when they made love. He’d seen the desire and want in her eyes then, but now the color mesmerized him. God, she was so beautiful and even more so now. Her eyes were the darkest blue he’d ever seen them and spilled out hot desire.

She pulled his lips to hers and forced her tongue into his mouth, tasting, exploring, and causing trails of twisting need to cascade down each of their bodies in rippling waves. They held the kiss until they had to break for air and Jack immediately dove for her neck. Sam felt the explosive fire travel down her.

“I love you, Sam. Please remember that.” He said nothing else but Sam knew what he hadn’t said. She smiled at him, but offered no response. He kissed her again while his fingers caressed her body.

She’d never felt so excited about a man’s body before. It wasn’t that she was frigid or didn’t like sex, but Sam instinctively knew this was more than sex. This was Jack and even if she wasn’t able to quite believe in the idea of soul mates, she knew she’d found the one love of her life. There could never be another that completed her, made her as whole as Jack.

This time he was in control, total control. He wanted them to feel so connected so much a part of each other that she’d never be able to break their connection, no matter what the military brass said.

He wanted her much more than he wanted her body and only God knew how much he wanted that. Only when he knew she was sated did he let himself go, only then did he let his aching body relish in her rapture and only then did he dare join her in his own ecstasy. She was what mattered most to him. He would only be satisfied if she was. He would only be happy if she was.

It seemed she was.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

Pete walked into the station at 7:00AM and went straight to the chief’s office. Knocking on the door he heard the chief answer and opened the door. Sticking his head in he said, “Chief, need a word.”

“Shanahan, just the one I’ve been looking for. By all means, come in.” Chief Coker answered.

“Looking for me, sir? Why?” Pete felt his stomach sink.

“Yeah, seems you’ve been making a few waves with the Air Force. Shanahan, tell me it’s because of a case you’ve been working on.”

“Sure, ….of course it is.” Pete stuttered. His face betrayed his words.

“Really, cause that’s not what this……,” the chief looked at the report lying open on his desk, “General George Hammond says.” The chief locked eyes with Shanahan. “Do I need your case reports?”

Pete swallowed hard. “Look, I’ve been seeing this woman, Sam Carter. I…. I.. just wanted to know what she did for a living. She never talked about her job. Then when I.. Well, she came back home with her CO and they were.. Well they weren’t expecting me to still be there.” Pete stuttered through, but his anger was apparently increasing with each word.

“So you reported this to this general in order to what? Get back at her or just to be a good citizen?” Pete could tell by the chief’s voice he was royally pissed. He didn’t appreciate anyone questioning his command. Pete just stood there waiting. He knew the chief well enough to know he wasn’t finished.

“Shanahan, normally I wouldn’t give a tinker’s damn how many people you talked the FBI into investigating. Far as I’m concerned it’s their mess. They broke the security not us. But it seems these people are linked high up and my boss is own my ass to drop any ongoing investigations into either of them. I had your cases pulled. Didn’t see anything about either of them.” He frowned raising his eyebrows at Pete.

He studied Pete for a minute. “I was hoping you’d come clean when I asked about them. I always thought you were one of my best. For that reason alone I’m not busting you, but so help me if you ever try to deceive me again….” He glared at Pete then added, “And drop Major.”

“I won’t. I got it chief. I found out fast she’s not worth it. I’m….sorry about… I just didn’t…” Pete quickly backed to the door, hoping this was over.

“I’m not finished. This incident will be reported in your file, and just so you’ll know, it seems she is worth it. She’s so worth it that the President of the United States has also rang in. Looks like it’s your lucky day. They don’t want any more brought out about these two. But I’m warning you, anything else…”

“I got that chief. Really.” Pete left as fast as he could. But he really couldn’t help wondering what these two were involved with.

TBC

Thanks for reading! Thanks to all who have reviewed! It’s really fun and encouraging to read all your comments!