Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Chasing The Wind

by StarnightSam
[Reviews - 22]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +

 

Chasing the Wind

Previously: “What now, boss?” One of the men asked. He was a short, stocky, red faced man with red balding hair. The other two were much taller and well built. Neither of them weighed as much as the short guy and both were dark skinned and dark haired.

“Now we wait until they wake up and we get some answers,” replied the one that the red faced man had called boss.

Chapter Nineteen

 

Teal’c had an uneasy feeling. Something told him that all was not right within the dilapidated warehouse. Pete and Jim had entered over thirty minutes ago. That seemed to be long enough to gather Intel from one willing to cooperate. He’d been able to obtain Intel from an enemy in less time.

“Sergeant, we are going in closer to the building. I do not think all is right,” he commented. “You should cover me.” He added as he moved from the car. They made their way up the street carefully staying close to buildings and ducking into doorways staying out of sight as much as possible.

The door of the warehouse was still standing open and Teal’c was able to hear voices from within. He stopped on one side of the door and Sgt. Green on the other. He quickly moved like a big cat around the door and stopped just inside the door with Green right behind him.

The building was dark enough that they were able to move in shadows and around the large boxes and weren’t detected by the thugs that were holding Pete, Jim and Nick. Teal’c motioned for Green to still. They stood watching, listening to the voices and waiting for a few minutes until they could assess the situation, waiting for the right moment to move in.

0o0o0o0o

 

Jack held Sam against his body, leg intertwined and her head rested on his chest. His chin was against her short blonde hair. The feeling of her skin against his would never get old. She had her eyes closed but he knew she wasn’t asleep. He gently stroked his fingers up and down her back. They were happy, sated and almost dozing but not quite.

“I love you,” he whispered against her blonde hair.

“Emm. I love you too,” she replied in a husky soft voice overflowing with love. It was cozy even if the floor was hard. The candle light flickered and reflected from the walls causing a glowing effect on Sam’s face. It was the most beautiful thing that Jack had ever seen. The golden light behind her made her appears angelic. Not that he didn’t think that already, but it seemed like a sign to Jack.

Jack raised his head, propped it on one hand and gently caressed the side of her face slipping the stray hair behind her ear. He looked deeply into her eyes, took her hand and laid it gently over his heart. “Feel that Sam? You’re here. You are the reason it beats. Without you I don’t know where I’d be.” Sam could feel his heart pounding wilding within his chest. Tears glistened in her eyes.

Then he spoke so softly she could barely hear words that her heart had longed to hear for seven years, “Sam, I just want you to know that whatever happens, whatever Hammond decides to do about us, that you’ll always be right here. I won’t give you up, no matter what.” He pressed her fingers tightly as her hand lay over his heart.

“I know, Jack,” she acknowledged with a soft sincere smile. “Don’t ever let me leave there.” She pressed her hand against his heart and then pulled away from his chest and placed both arms around his neck pulling him to her and kissed him passionately. Before Sam could get her breath she was pulled on top of Jack. Maybe they weren’t so sated after all. The room became warmer by the minute.

0o0o0o0o0o0o

 

Teal’c signaled for Green to bring up the rear and they advanced as if they were cloaked, not a sound not even a creaking board. Green moved around toward the opposite side of Nick and the detectives. Neither of them had moved since being placed against the large crate.

Jim began to wake, quietly trying to move his body slightly so as not to catch their capturer’s attention. It only took a minute for Jim to discover that he was bound and gagged. He’d been in worse situations but it had been a long time. First thing he noticed was the three dangerous looking men each holding guns pointed at them. So much for stealth. Jim could see Teal’c from his vantage point but he knew that he was out of sight to the others. He felt somewhat better knowing that the two big soldiers were already in place to aid them.

Pete regained consciousness a few minutes after Jim. It seemed that this was what ‘Boss’ was waiting for. He allowed only a few seconds to pass before he kicked Pete’s foot to get his full attention.

“Detective Shanahan, you have some information my employer wants. You can either make this easy on yourself and your friends or you can make it hard. You choose,” Boss demanded holding a gun pointed to Nick’s head making his intentions plain.

Pete was still stunned from the skull crushing blow that had put him out for a full thirty minutes. He shook his head and opened his eyes wide trying to focus on the three men in front of him. He made no comment, but turned to his side to see both Jim and Nick bound hands and feet and gagged. He looked back at the thugs standing in front of him. He had seen Sgt. Green standing behind a large box only twenty to twenty five feet away. He reasoned that the big soldier called Teal’c was here too, he just didn’t see him.

The sniper unit sent in by the President had managed to make their way onto the roof of the dilapidated building and was moving stealthily into places they could get shots at the three gunmen holding the detectives at gun point. None of the snipers were in their vision line. Due to his exceptional hearing ability Teal’c was the only one aware of their presence. He waited until all of the sniper team was stationed above their heads with guns pointed at Keen’s men before he moved any closer.

“What were you looking for in the Air Force Officer’s file?” Boss demanded. But Pete still refused to answer.

“Well, Shanahan you gonna tell us or you gonna make my day?” Boss appeared to like his tough guy persona. He glared at Pete.

Pete glared back. “What? A Dirty Harry wanna be?” There was no doubt in Pete’s mind that the man was the same criminal element that would love to shoot him. No doubt at all. But he knew that Teal’c and Green were there and he guessed there was someone else in the rafters because he’d noticed Teal’c looking up.

“I got me a smart cop!” Boss said as he slapped Pete across the face.

Buy some time. Pete knew he needed to keep these thugs occupied until Teal’c and the others had time to get closer to them. But that didn’t make ‘Boss’ too happy. “Well?” He spoke in a loud and demanding voice, moving closer to Pete. But Pete didn’t answer only stared at him.

The short red-faced man moved as if he could read Boss’s mind and pointed his gun within two feet of Jim’s face. “What’s it gonna be?” Boss asked Pete as he pulled his hair back hitting him several times in the face causing blood to trickle down from his nose and lips.

Teal’c hoped that the snipers had enough time because he knew it was time to move. His booming voice rang out, “Cease! Drop your weapons.” Boss turned quickly on Teal’c and fired. Teal’c ducked and one of the snipers took a shot. The shot hit Boss and he went down. The red faced man screamed, “Get down.” He pushed himself behind Jim and pointed the gun at his head. “Back away or I shoot’m.”

Teal’c stood his ground pointing his gun directly at Red Face. “I do not think that would be a good idea. You will not leave this building alive.” Red Face caught a light reflection above Teal’c’s head. Looking up he could see the sniper in the rafter, then another and another. He realized he was caught. He turned to Jim and said, “I guess this is your lucky day.”

“Place the gun on the floor and get up,” Sgt. Green demanded as he moved closer to Red Face. Teal’c covered the other gunman. Green used the plastic hand ties he pulled from his vest pocket and bound both the gunman.

Teal’c moved in to cut the detective and Nick lose. “Shanahan, it seems you have been lucky. This could have ended very bad.”

“Yeah, thanks, Teal’c.” Pete was rubbing the feeling back into his arms and trying to stand. Teal’c cut Jim lose and then Nick. Nick ran from the building like a scolded dog. “Nick! Wait!” Pete screamed. But Nick never stopped.

Teal’c signaled for the snipers to let him go. He saw no need to hurt the informant and at this point the only way to stop him was to shoot him. Pete looked at Teal’c. “Was this a setup?”

“Indeed it was, but not by the SGC.” Teal’c answered. “You have been in grave danger PeteShanahan.”

“Who are they? Who sent them?” Pete asked.

“That I can not tell you.” Teal’c answered.

“Because you don’t know or because you won’t?” Pete asked but he already knew the answer. Teal’c made no comment.

“Well, what now? Is the Air Force going to follow us around forever?” Pete asked.

“Of that I am not aware. I have been following orders from General Hammond.” Teal’c replied.

“Well, I’m glad you were here. I don’t think this would have gone down so good.” Pete said looking at Teal’c. “But I really need to know what happens now….” There was real question in his voice and a bit of pleading too.

“Of that I am unsure. General Hammond will let you know as soon as I report to him.” Teal’c said as he signaled the snipers that all was well. He motioned for Sgt. Green to lead the gunman out to his SUV and called for an ambulance for Boss, but he knew it was too late for him.

“You can’t take them in custody. This is my jurisdiction.” Pete exclaimed as he realized that Teal’c was leading the other two gunmen to his van. “Wait!” But Teal’c never stopped or so much as looked back.

“General Hammond will be in touch soon.” With that he and Green loaded up the two gunmen and left the scene. Pete rubbed his head and watched as the snipers moved out of the building and into the allies. He wondered how they got there and if they arrived in vehicles. He had a gut feeling that this could have been bad. Real bad.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

 

“What you do to me, woman!” Jack exclaimed as he moved off Sam’s hot sexy body. He looked down at her and smiled. Electricity flared again and he lowered his lips to hers. He kissed her long and hard.

He moved his forehead to hers and drowned into her eyes. “I could stay right here in this closet for the rest of my life if you keep looking at me like that.” He groaned.

Sam giggled and gently pushed him over and leaned up on one arm looking at his handsome face. “Me too. But I think we’ll be missed if we don’t get back soon. We’ve been in here a long time.”

Jack looked at his watch. “Holy Hannah! Two hours! Wow. How time does fly when you’re having such fun!” Jack’s eyes twinkled. Sam kissed him once more then stood above him looking down at his gloriously naked body. It still mesmerized her to be able to stare at him in all his naked beauty. She had known just how gorgeous Jack was, but to be able to freely look and touch in all his secret places made him even more gorgeous. Desire filled her eyes as she stood so still.

“Sam, are we leaving or not?” Jack smirked at he watched her looking at him. She giggled but made no reply. “It’s up to you.” Jack continued. “As I said, I can stay here forever.” He smiled looking up her long legs his eyes locked on the apex of her thighs and his look changed from snugness to lust within two seconds. He moved to his knees and the look that traveled up her body was pure fire.

“Well?” He asked as he gently rubbed her feet and leg muscles sending another wave of desire up her body. He wrapped his arms around her legs as he kissed up her thighs toward…. Sam really didn’t understand how he could make her feel like this so easily. Her body had never betrayed her this way before. She had always been in control of her sex life, but with Jack she seemed to be someone else. His lips touching her caused the most wonderful lusty sound. It was such sweet music to Jack’s ears.

TBC

 Thanks for reading!