Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

A Halloween Surprise

by phantomliberty
[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Chapter 5

Friday November 15 1600 MST P2C-160

Two hours later both groups were ready. Neither Sam nor Jack had been able to answer their friends’ questions on what was going on. Neither did they tell what had already happened. They had wanted to do that together and unknowingly sticking to that. Janet, Cassie, Vala and Cameron were the most confused. The women couldn't figure out who Sam would be marrying. She hadn’t even mentioned going on a date recently. They knew that it had to be someone on base or at least knowledge of the Stargate Program because the ‘wedding’ was off world. Janet worried to herself that it might be someone from another planet. Cameron couldn’t understand how his 200th trip through the gate had become such a big deal so fast. Daniel had his suspicions, as did Teal’c but they had an unspoken agreement not to voice them just in case they were wrong. But Jack was walking around with a tell tale smirk that Daniel had only seen once before during the time loops.

Both groups were led separately to a large area set up outside. It seemed that the entire SGC was there and as they looked around they realized that there were a lot of their allies. Neither could see the other but some how a signal was sent and Generals Landry, Hammond and Carter stepped up to the front. As one the SGC members stood up to salute the three generals. Landry waved them back down.

“I’m sure that you are all wondering why you are here, wearing fancy clothes no less. Well it has come to our attention that two of your fellow officers decided to get married and not tell any one other than our own Commander-In-Chief, who by the way couldn’t make it but sends his regards. I’m sure that you are all wondering who the two officers in question are so to answer that I’m going to turn it over to General Hammond.”

“As most of you know I commanded the SGC for seven years. It was supposed to be an easy assignment. One last command before I retired. It turned out to be one of the hardest things I’ve ever done, but I worked with some of the finest people that I’ve ever had the pleasure serving with. We all know that the Air Force has rules and regulations in place for a reason. But over time I saw that one in particular was causing a strain. I did what I could to change it but it just wasn’t meant to be. I saw two fine officers suffer personally because of it. They tried to hide it, but time and time again, circumstances forced them to face what they felt even though it was forbidden. Finally it was time to step down and move on to other things, for me and these two officers. Well the didn’t waste anytime and began a relationship, because they were no longer in the same chain of command. The happiness didn’t last long. Again circumstances forced them back into the same chain of command. This time they weren’t giving up what they had. Someone else was going to have to do the sacrificing. They took their issue to the top of the food chain. Finally realizing he was backed into a corner the President gave them official approval to have an open relationship. After all they had saved the world more than a few times. Shouldn’t they get some sort of compensation other than another medal? For two years they quietly continued on relishing in their new status. Finally he asked the all-important question. She said yes, but she didn’t want to wait. She wanted to get married immediately. After all they’d had ten years together. So in secret, other than one call just to keep the president updated, they were married. Not even their closest friends knew. They even decided to go to a costume party dressed up. This was going to be hard they knew. They had to fool their friends. Some of which they’d known 10 years. They felt guilty about lying but they weren’t ready to share their secret. During the party they almost thought they were had but managed to play dumb. They even managed to sneak off on a honeymoon for 12 days without anyone finding out about it. A few days later the cat was accidentally let out of the bag to the woman’s father. Oops. But dad wasn’t angry, quite the opposite. He knew how short life was and was glad that they’d finally found their happiness. He was just disappointed that he hadn’t been there for the event. He also remembered how his daughter had talked about her wedding when she was younger and knew that she didn’t get what she had dreamed of. So with some careful planning with his two friends he planned what he thought would be his daughters dream wedding.” Hammond paused and turned to the other person standing next to him. “Jacob would you like to finish?”

Jacob stepped up with eyes shining and spoke. “Friends, family and allies please join me today in celebration the marriage of my daughter Lieutenant Colonel Doctor Samantha Grace Carter to Major General Jonathan Charles O’Neill!”

By then most people had put the two together, but at the formal announcement the crowd erupted in cheers. All they could think was “It was about damn time!”

Both groups around Jack and Sam had the same reaction. Sam was hugged so hard by Janet and Cassie she thought that she would pass out if she didn’t get some air.

Jack back was pounded and slapped so hard he was sure that he was going to have bruises the next day.

After a couple of minutes once the fervor died down to a dull roar Landry got everyone’s attention again. “Also because of the lack of a large wedding there never was a reception. So afterwards we would like to invite you to Sam and Jack’s wedding reception.” Catching Jack’s eye and the hopeful look he knew what he was thinking and beat him to the punch “Yes Jack, complete with cake.” Everyone got a chuckle at this. Hank then turned it over to the priest from the base and SG-4 who had changed and were still SG-1 and company’s escort. Benson and Williams got their charges into position and the ceremony began.

As Sam walked down the aisle on her father’s arm, she knew that she couldn’t have planned anything more perfect. As Jacob placed her hand in Jack’s she turned to her dad and softly whispered “Thank you. I love you daddy.”

Kissing her cheek he whispered to her, “Only the best for my baby girl. I love you too.”

With that he stepped back and took his seat and the ceremony began.

Later that evening, once the party was in full swing Sam and Jack managed to find a quiet spot away from the party.

Leaning back in his arms they looked to the stars as they often did when they were together. Jack softly spoke. “It’s pretty amazing that something so big and unexplored gave me the one thing that I was missing in my life.”

Sam turned her head slightly and smiled up at him. “And what’s that Mr. O’Neill?”

He turned her around and pulled her close and slowly lowered his lips to hers, whispering “You, Mrs. O’Neill.”

Eventually they pulled apart. Turning back around and looking to the sky once again she spoke her heart. “I love you, Jack.”

“Always, Samantha. Always.”