Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

A Halloween Surprise

by phantomliberty
[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Kapitel Bemerkung:
Authors Note: The dialogue in here is taken directly from the episode ‘200.’ The episode and the dialogue do not belong to me and I’m just borrowing it. P2C-106 is the designation that Mitchell referenced in the episode. It doesn’t belong to me either.

Chapter 3

Friday November 15 1400 MST Cheyenne Mountain

Sam couldn’t believe it. She’d been back only a few days and trying to get back in to the groove and catch up on projects and paperwork and now SG-1 needed to help with this ridiculous movie. And of course they had been “requested specifically” by General O’Neill. Didn’t he realize that she had better things to do? Like fix the gate.

They were scheduled to go to P2C-106, two hours ago but something was wrong with the gate. The technicians were working on it and she would be too, but General Landry wanted her to help with the script. Frankly she was bored. Every idea that they had Marty had rejected. Now Marty wanted a twist. She’d give him a--

Just then the door opened. “You mean something like this?” Jack walked in. They were all surprised. It’d been over a year since Jack had been on base.

“So what brings you this way sir?” Mitchell inquired, voicing what everyone was thinking.

Jack with his usual sarcasm, “ What a guy can’t just stop by on his way from Malibu to say hi?”

Damn him! Why’d he let that slip? “Malibu?”

“Sure. I was there on business.” He knew he had to play dumb. The cat would be out of the bag eventually.

“Exactly sir. You’re an Air Force General with enormous responsibilities.”

“Ostensibly, I stopped by to see how you were doing with Marty.”

Sam looked wary. Uh-oh. Had he gone too far? Though it was believable enough. He had requested that SG-1 help Marty.

Oh, the look on Carter’s face when Vala had suggested that there be a wedding. Priceless. He had to look away otherwise he was going to start grinning like a fool.

Finally the technicians had fixed the gate and they were all down at the base of the ramp.

Landry spoke to Walter once he got down to the gate to make sure that everything was in place. “Everything ready?”

As he strapped his helmet on Walter confirmed. “SG-3 through 18 are waiting sir.”

Landry had to make sure that the most important thing had made it through the gate. “The cake?”

Walter nodded. He knew that that one item was one of the most important things waiting on the other side of the gate. He hadn’t worked with Jack for eight years and not learned a thing or two. “It’s all set. Balloons, streamers, the works.” If you’re going to throw a party, you have to go all out.

Finally Jack gave the order “Let’s move out.”