Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

The Arrow of Eros

by Iamdragonrider
[Reviews - 11]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story Bemerkung:

Summary:  An alien object has some strange effects.  Written for the express purpose of making Sam and Jack kiss every chapter.

Season:  Either five or seven… not sure yet.

Rating:  PG

Category:  Romance/Humor

Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author.

 A/N:  I had hoped I’d have more done before publishing, but I really wanted to get this one out for Valentine’s Day.  So far though, I only have the first chapter, the last chapter, and part of the second.  Guess we’ll all have to wait and see where muse takes me.  Don’t know when updates will be, since they aren’t written and I’m still working on Growing Pains.  I’m thanking (blaming) janissima for this one.  Especially since she helped put the idea in my head.  Originally, we were supposed to work together to co-author this one, but I think I made her run screaming from the room.  Oops.  ;-)  Anyway, this is supposed to be a light and fun fic, along the lines of A Personal Favor or Debriefed, rather than the somewhat angsty at times Just a Kiss…  But like I said, not sure where muse will take this one between the first and last chapter…

The Arrow of Eros by iamdragonrider

 

Chapter One:  It’s In His Kiss

 

Technicians bent over consoles monitoring the incoming wormhole.  The iris spiraled open upon receiving SG-2’s IDC, and moments later several figures appeared out of the event horizon.  Colonel Jack O’Neill stuffed his hands in his pockets and wandered down the steps from the control room to greet them, Teal’c followed behind him.  Jack had been nearby when the activation alarm had gone off and rather than continuing on to get started on his paperwork, he’d taken a detour to investigate and run into the large alien Jaffa.  They’d both decided to head to the gate room together.

 

“Sir!” Major Willis saluted, as his team came down the ramp, disarming themselves as they went.  Jack returned the salute and eyeballed the long, slender, and unusual object that Captain Phelps was carrying with a raised eyebrow.

 

“Find anything interesting Major?” he asked curiously.  The item the Captain carried was interesting in shape.  It was round, slightly thicker than a finger and roughly arms length with a triangular point at one end and a broader flatter end at the other.  It rather looked like a large arrow, one that wouldn’t fly very well, at least by conventional means.

 

“Don’t know, sir,” the major replied with a shrug, giving a nod to Captain Phelps to pass the object over.  “There’s no energy readings or any indication what it is.  We figure it’s something ornamental, and thought the archeologists would like to look at the writing on it.”  He shrugged again as Jack accepted the item in question.

 

Hefting it experimentally, Jack discovered that it weighed a lot more than it looked like it should.  Turning it over he discovered that there were symbols carved on just about every surface of the thing.  He could tell by Teal’c’s expression, one of mild curiosity, that the man had not seen anything of the like before either.  He grunted, rather unimpressed, and prepared to hand the thing back over.  Let the geeks play with it.  If it didn’t blow up, or if you couldn’t blow other things up with it, he wasn’t much interested.

 

Just as he was about to relinquish the artifact to the group of scientists preparing a crate for it, the thing started to vibrate.  Startled, Jack moved to drop it, but found his fingers refused to cooperate with his brain’s orders.

 

Noticing his expression, Major Willis called out a concerned, “Sir?” but Jack could only shake his head, and stare at the arrow-like object that was starting to vibrate slightly in his grasp.

 

Finally, he found his voice, as a hum started to build from the item he couldn’t force his fingers to release.  “Everybody back, dial the gate back to the planet!” he yelled.  Almost immediately, the stargate started to spin and personnel scattered, instant obedience to the commanding tone ingrained by their military training.  Teal’c remained by his side, but Jack hadn’t expected any less.  This time though, Jack didn’t want anyone nearby and silently shook his head at the man, indicating he should step away as well.

 

His trust absolute, Teal’c took a step back, eyes widening slightly as realization of the other man’s plan caught up.  Jack saw him open his mouth to speak, but the next moment was lost as the hum reached a crescendo, overpowering the sound of the chevrons locking into place and the gate spinning.  A moment later, the room was bathed in a warm, almost pink, glow.  It lasted only moments, making the room seem dim in comparison under the glare of the fluorescent lighting.

 

Eyes closed against the flash and senses overloaded, it took Jack several moments to realize he was still standing in the gate room in one piece.  Teal’c stood nearby, calling his name.  He blinked, as if coming out of a dazed state and looked down at his hands that were still curled around the object’s shaft.  It looked exactly like it had looked before.

 

“What the hell was that?” he demanded as soon as he could speak, and dropped the thing in the waiting containment box, motioning to the technician to abort the dialing sequence and silence the alarms.  It didn’t seem it would blow up, just give off an impressive light show.  The scientists would really have a field day with it now.

 

Major Willis cringed at his tone.  “I’m sorry sir!  There was no indication it would do anything like that.  We all handled it back on the planet and I tell you it didn’t do anything.”  The Major withered under his superior’s glare, and the scientists buzzed over the artifact with excited whispers.

 

“O’Neill, are you unharmed?” Teal’c asked, cutting into Jack’s thoughts.

 

At that moment, General Hammond arrived in time to hear Teal’c’s question.  “What in blazes is going on in here?” he demanded, all business.  He’d come as soon as he heard the alarms from the energy discharge.

 

Jack let Major Willis explain, because suddenly his head was buzzing, and his skin felt too tight.  He tugged at the collar of his t-shirt ineffectually as if loosening the soft collar would aid his suddenly tingling skin.  He wasn’t aware of the murmur of voices around him until he heard his name being called several times.

 

“Colonel?  Colonel O’Neill?  Are you feeling alright?”  General Hammond was standing in front of him now, looking at him with concern.

 

Frowning, Jack tried to concentrate.  “Sir, yes sir.  It’s just, uh, a little, uh, hot in here is all,” he replied tugging at his collar again.  It had only been a light after all, nothing to worry about, right?

 

General Hammond’s frown mirrored Jack’s.  “I think you should visit the infirmary, son,” he said before turning to face the control room.

 

Jack’s frown deepened.  The infirmary was last place he wanted to be.  “I’m fine,” he insisted, but his questioning tone seemed to contradict his words.

 

The General turned back to face the man, settling the matter.  “That wasn’t a request Colonel.”

 

Jack nodded, but found he could only stand rooted to the spot, blinking, and wishing the buzzing would stop.  He’d be able to think clearer if it would stop.  Poking a finger in his ear, he wiggled it around vigorously.  Vaguely, he was aware of Teal’c promising to make sure that Jack got to the infirmary, and of the General giving orders to send the artifact off for study before retreating to his office.

 

Suddenly, electricity jolted up his arm.  The surge was like nothing he’d ever felt, and the buzzing intensified.  Jack looked down at his arm and discovered a large dark hand covering it.  He followed the arm up to the body, and from there, to the owner of the arm.  Their eyes locked.  Jack was only vaguely aware of the other person speaking, because he could suddenly only think of one thing.  Nothing else mattered anymore.

 

Unable or unwilling to even stop and consider his actions, Jack reached up and grabbed the other person’s face with both hands, yanked it down and planted his mouth over the other person’s lips.  More electricity jolted through him, and he was sure that this had to be what he needed.

That is, at least until he realized he was now seated on the hard concrete floor, his sore rear attesting to the fact he hadn’t gotten there voluntarily.  Teal’c’s massive frame loomed over him, the man’s muscles as tense as a coiled spring.  “O’Neill!” Teal’c barked sharply.  The Jaffa’s face was the closest to anger and surprise that Jack had ever seen.

 

“Wha?  Teal’c?”  Jack blinked in confusion, and the other man’s sharp tone helped cut through the fog so that he suddenly realized what had just happened.  What he had just done.  Horror filled him.  “T.  Buddy.  That wasn’t what it looked like.  I swear!” he scrambled backwards as he hastily tried to explain. Trouble was, he didn’t really have an explanation.

 

Neutral mask back in place, Teal’c merely looked down at him.  “O’Neill, I believe you have been ordered to report to the infirmary.”

 

Running a hand through his hair, Jack could only nod.  “Yeah, uh, yeah.  Ok.”  He moved to rise, but at that moment, the doors opened and Daniel stepped through.

 

“Hey Teal’c, I came to see what that artifact was that SG-2 just brought…  Jack?  What are you doing on the floor?”  Daniel came to a stop with a little bounce as he noticed his team leader’s unexpected position.

 

Jack scowled, his normal mood returning quickly, especially with all the smirks that the men in the gate and control rooms were sending his way.  There was going to be a lot of rumors now.  His scowl deepened.  “I don’t know Daniel, thought I’d check the floor for cracks.  Help me up will you?” he demanded brusquely.

 

Daniel blinked, and shoved his glasses up on his nose while stepping in to extend a hand and reply in kind.  Before the two men could start bickering, Teal’c neatly explained.  “O’Neill is on his way to the infirmary.”  Daniel’s eyes widened as he reached to help Jack up.

 

Taking the proffered hand, Jack was suddenly oblivious to the conversation Teal’c and Daniel were having about the artifact and what had happened moments ago. Jack’s mind filled again with buzzing.  Peripherally, he knew that he should be concerned, but at the moment he didn’t care.  Right now, he wanted one thing, and one thing only.

 

Before the startled archeologist could react, Jack locked his arms around the other man and drew him close.  Ineffectually, Daniel tried to reflexively shove Jack away, but Jack was stronger and brought his lips down on Daniel’s for a kiss.  Daniel’s struggles grew more desperate as the kiss deepened, the younger man’s startled protests muffled and his arms alternating between waving for help or trying to push Jack’s chest and head away.  And then Teal’c was there, forcing them apart and holding Jack at arms length since he was still trying to reach his quarry.  His face changed from one of glazed determination to one of shock in a second.

 

“What the hell was that?” Daniel demanded before Jack could speak, taking a few steps back to add a little more distance.  He seemed at a loss for what to do with his hands while trying to resist wiping off his face and stuffed them in his pockets before taking them back out to cross over his chest protectively.

 

“I, uh, I…” was all Jack could say before he noticed Teal’c still holding a hand on his chest.  Instantly his expression changed, but Teal’c was faster, quickly stepping back.  Jack’s face returned to being one of glazed confusion.

 

“Colonel, I thought I had ordered you to report to the infirmary.”  The General’s voice interrupted any further conversation, and the man’s presence quickly silenced the amused chuckles and speculation from the personnel scattered about the room.

 

“We are on out way now General Hammond,” explained Teal’c, while the General joined them in the gate room, having missed all the action causing the delay.  No one felt the need to enlighten him.

 

Hammond nodded in satisfaction.  “Good.  Let’s hope this is all just me overreacting,” he said mildly.  Absentmindedly, The General placed a hand on Jack’s shoulder.  “I just want to make sure everything is ok son, you understand.”

 

But Jack wasn’t listening anymore.  Instead, he turned to face the General, and pulled the startled older man into a close embrace.  The kiss was mercifully short as Teal’c pulled Jack away quickly; this time making sure to let go as soon as he was felt Jack was back to himself.  The General’s reaction however, was another mater entirely.

 

He blinked several times, mouth opening and closing.  His face, initially drained of color, turned first pink, then deep red.

 

“Gen… General Sir!  S-sorry!  I don’t know what came over me!” Jack stammered, horror, embarrassment, and fear for his life, all vying for his attention.

 

“Infirmary.  NOW.  And there had best be a medical explanation for this behavior Airman!”  The General’s eyes flashed, and his tone threatened dire consequences should the good doctor not actually find anything wrong with him.  Jack’s mind was instantly filled with visions of cleaning all the latrines on base with a toothbrush or other fitting punishments.

 

“Hey guys, what’s up?”  Major Carter’s question alerted the others to her appearance, and her voice was curious as she took in the wary looks of her teammates, the angry look on the General’s face, and the varying shocked and amused looks on everyone else in the room.

 

“We are accompanying O’Neill to the infirmary, Major Carter,” Teal’c stated solemnly.

 

“The Infirmary?  Sir?  Are you ok?” Sam asked, instantly concerned.

Again, Jack ran his fingers through his short hair, making spikes stick up.  “Yeah.  I’m fine.”  Carter looked dubious as the three men headed out of the room, and moved to accompany them, hoping get more information.  On his way to the door Jack accidentally brushed Sam’s arm.

 

Before she had time to process what was going on, Jack had grabbed her and whirled her to face him.  “Sir?” she tried to ask, but his mouth was already over hers, silencing her questions and protests.  Slipping an arm around her waist and another around her back where he cradled her head, Jack dipped her deeply.  Electricity surged between them; burning his lips and tingling up and down his arms as the kiss deepened.  His body was on fire where it came in contact with hers.  She felt so right, she was his, and he was claiming her.

 

He wasn’t even aware of her weakening struggles, but the sensations strengthened as she started to respond to the kiss rather than fight it.  Her arms came up around him, completing the circle, and fireworks exploded behind his eyes.  He’d had no idea a simple kiss could make him feel so alive.  He was soon lost in the sensations.

 

Neither of them saw the looks of shock on the rest of SG-1’s faces, nor the look first of shock, then growing fury on General Hammond’s face.  Finding his voice, the irate General loudly ordered them apart, then got in their faces yelling when the command had no effect.  They gave no indication that they even noticed his presence.  Jack’s lower hand was starting to creep even lower, and the two showed no signs of needing to come up for air anytime soon.   Teal’c was unable to separate them; their arms were so entwined.  No one else would even go near.  They’d seen what had happened to Dr. Jackson, Teal’c, and the General.  Face down a Goa’uld with a hand device and a horde of angry Jaffa they would do gladly and without hesitation, but they would have nothing to do with a Colonel on a kissing spree.  Finally, Hammond took a Zat off one of the SF’s in the room maintaining a safe distance, and shot the pair point blank.

 

The couple was aware only of a different sort of surge, and then nothing.

 

Frowning, General Hammond watched as the medical team untangled the two officers and loaded them onto stretchers.  A headache was already starting behind his eyes, and it was only the beginning of what he knew would be a very long day.

 

Kapitel Abschlussbemerkung:
Probably my favorite chapter...  Let me know what you think!