Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Little Angel

by LE McMurray
[Reviews - 6]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Kapitel Bemerkung:
Thanks to Stonedtoad for betaing.

Hopefully this will have sequels but until then enjoy.
I was sitting, trying to finish off the report Hammond wanted when smack, a well-aimed chocolate chip cookie hit off my shoulder.

“Daniel,” I growled, “Knock it off.”

Two minutes later, another cookie landed onto the file I was using. I turned to find the little cherub, sitting cross-legged on the floor, the picture of absolute innocence with a book open in his lap, looking for all the world as though he was engrossed in it.

“Something wrong, Jack?” he looked up at me with innocent blue eyes.

“Just quit it, squirt,” I told him, turning back to my report.

“Are you not finished yet?” came the sigh, “I’m bored.”

“Couple of minutes, Daniel I promise,” I said, unable not to smile; it had been an interesting few days.

-

I should start at the beginning of how Dr Daniel Jackson had become the pint-sized terror who was driving me even faster down that slow descent into madness.

We were on P4R T11, watching some sort of games/ritual involving extremely pointy sticks being thrown about, one of the contestants’ aim was off and the javelin he was throwing headed straight towards the VIP area. Basically, Daniel saved the life of the Chieftain of the village we were visiting, getting pretty much skewered in the process. Luckily, the people had a nifty Asgard device that saved his life by miniaturizing him but also alerted Thor who came to help.

The device turned Daniel back into a five year old, with all his memories and after six months Thor will use the device again so he’ll become ten then after another three months twenty then and I’m not sure how this’ll work but final treatment and we get a thirty year old Daniel Jackson back.

Now, you think that he’d be pissed, suddenly dependent on people again and no longer being an adult but not Daniel. No, he’s decided to embrace this second childhood and has, in less than a week, become the bane of my existence.

Okay, maybe a little harsh but he’s driving me nuts.

-

Daniel always had this sweetness thing going on that had all the female members of the SGC wanting to take care of him. However now, with the long bright blond hair, big crystal blue eyes and angelic innocence he projects, everyone and I mean absolutely everyone, including Hammond, Teal’c and the scary nurse whose name I can never remember, is wrapped around his little finger and he knows it.

“Can we go?” the pint sized pain in my ass cried again.

“A minute,” I replied, greeted with another groan.

“Jack,” he whined, “I’m bored.”

Now Daniel, at normal size if he was bored, could be annoying but you could usually distract him with some strange language or one of his rocks. Mini-Daniel has the attention span of a gnat, and think of who’s saying this. I know I get bored easily but the little guy needs something new to distract him about every five minutes.

“I’m finished,” I told him, closing the file and seeing a ‘finally’ look cross his face.

Daniel walked over and lifted his arms up.

“You can walk, Daniel,” I reminded him.

“Jack, your legs are twice as tall as me,” he rolled his eyes at me, “If you want to get where we’re going today, pick me up.”

I muttered under my breath, feeling sorry for his parents, knowing that the only reason he survived those years was because he does look like an angel.

-

When we first found out what happened to Daniel, I could see Carter looking at me as though I was going to explode or something. It took me a few minutes to realise what she was so worried about but other than the hairstyle, Daniel and Charlie were nothing alike.

For one thing, where Daniel looks angelic no matter what, Charlie had this laugh and look where I swear the horns and tail were just waiting for me to turn my back before they appeared.

I, of course, mentioned this to Sara who whacked me over the head before starting to laugh as he gave her the look too. When we told my Mom, she started to laugh and turned to Sara.

“At least we know he’s the father,” she said, sending them both into fits of giggles.

Anyway, back to my original topic, once this had happened and Daniel listened to Thor explain everything, which took some time as Daniel kept getting distracted, the little archaeologist turned to me.

“So, you have to learn to cook rather than get takeout.”

“What?” I demanded a little confused.

Daniel rolled his eyes at me, “You don’t think I can stay alone now I’m this tall? And there is no way I’m living on the base for a year, ergo I’m staying with you.”

And that was it; absolutely no choice was given to me because Daniel had spoken. Not that I didn’t try to argue but Daniel had already got to Carter and Teal’c, who ganged up on me, then adding in Hammond and Janet meant I was now official Guardian to the miniature version of my best friend.

*********************************************

It was now a normal sight to see me walking through the base with the ‘cherub’ being carried by me. Daniel of course, doesn’t even notice anything as he chatters away excitedly.

Hammond’s idea, to make sure I didn’t kill the little one, was that we take him to Abydos and let Kasuf have some fun. I took this as a great idea and Daniel was absolutely ecstatic, he was looking forward to spending time in the sand and sun with his family.

I was looking forward to seeing what he was like in that situation, I always think of Daniel and sand together. Not to mention, I can’t wait to see Kasuf deal with the mini-archaeologist from hell.

-

About fifteen minutes later, we were all standing in the Gateroom waiting for the Gate to dial to Abydos. Daniel, looking cute as hell, in his mini-BDU’s was bouncing next to me, obviously excited to be going back to his home. Personally, I couldn’t wait to see how Kasuf was going to react. We’d warned him, because Hammond thought it’d just be cruel to dump this on him.

Damn General, ruining my fun.

“Daniel,” I turned to him and offered him my hand.

He rolled his eyes, “I’ve done this before.”

“Not since you were miniaturised,” I replied, “Now, take my hand or Teal’c carries you. Upside down.”

He glared at me, which just makes me want to reach out and pat him on the head, but he took my hand. I saw Carter smile slightly at the sight before she followed Teal’c up the ramp when he took the lead. I walked slowly so that Daniel’s little legs could keep up with me and together we headed back to the sandy planet Daniel called home.

-

Kasuf’s face was…well let’s just say I am so grateful Carter had the presence of mind to snap a picture because that one is getting framed.

“Hi,” Daniel said nervously to his father-in-law.

Kasuf, once he got over the shock, reached out to the miniature version of Daniel and enfolded him in his arms. I was shocked by the look of contentment that crossed the little guy’s face; I forget how little Daniel touches people when I’m around him because I’m allowed in his personal space. Kasuf is obviously one of the few people who Daniel allows to touch him.

“Come,” Kasuf motioned us all, “Join us for our evening meal.”

With that said, he turned and took Daniel’s hand walking them towards the other Abydonians who were surrounding a big fire. It reminded me of the first time I was here, except of course Danny wasn’t so little.

I was caught by a few of the kids who had fought with us against Ra after dinner and lost track of Daniel for an hour or so. When I finally managed to get away I noticed Kasuf motioning me over to a tent.

Danny was sleeping on the mat in the corner of the tent; the excitement of the day had exhausted him. I was obviously not needed to look after mini-archaeologist from hell as Kasuf had taken over the care of my kid for the duration of our visit. Kasuf seemed happy at having the boy wonder here, but he had lost both his kids so it did make sense.

“You are taking good care of him?” Kasuf’s question was more like a demand when he stood at my side.

I nodded, “Daniel told me I was looking after him when this happened to him. He’s pretty persuasive,” I paused for a second, “I promise you, Kasuf. I’ll not let anything happen to him.”

Satisfied, Daniel’s father-in-law gently clapped me on the shoulder, “I know.”

-

I woke up the next morning to find that Daniel wasn’t there; I decided not to panic just yet and poked my head out of the tent just to see if I could find the kid.

And find him I did.

He was sitting on Kasuf’s lap, obviously in the middle of a story and I smiled to see him so happy. I actually entertained the notion, for a couple of minutes, that I should leave him here with his family but then I realised I didn’t want to let him go. He may be a hyperactive five year old with the attention span of a distracted goldfish and driving me crazy, but he’s our Daniel and I wouldn’t let anyone else take him.