Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

ALWAYS

by Aussie
[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story Bemerkung:
There are four stories within this mini-series. The first three are Jack and Sam, the last one focuses mainly on Daniel/Vala with a small slice of JS goodness! Written ages ago after seeing 'Prometheus Unbound' based on spoilers for S9, and rendered hopelessly non-canon by S9, S10 and SGA-4.
God, she was bored! Sam looked around at the other officers, who all appeared to be listening intently to Balinsky from SG-13. Nice man, a good scientist - but he was bo-o-o-o-o-o-ring!

She chanced looking at her friends and co-workers. Daniel was reading his notes, Teal'c seemed to be kelno-reeming with his eyes open, despite not needing to kelno-reem anymore, and the General ... What was he doing? His long fingers played with nothing; was that a cat's cradle he was fashioning?

She shifted uncomfortably in her seat as she remembered how very good those hands had felt when she'd snuggled into his embrace several weeks ago. He'd been there for her as her Dad died - Always, he'd murmured. Could that have meant what she thought? After all, she'd still been with Pete at the time and he was with Kerry Johnson.

Damn the man; sometimes she felt like she knew him better than she knew herself! At other times, he was a complete mystery to her. Hell; someone should write an A to Z of Jack O'Neill!

She uncapped her pen and began scribbling:-

Argumentative

Bold

Compassionate

Daring

Egotistical

Funny

Giving

Hard

Idiotic

Just

Kind

Loving

Menacing

Nonchalant

Optimistic

Protective

Quiet

Rambunctious

Sarcastic

Tender

Unyielding

Violent

Wistful

X ... can't think

Yummy

Z ... can't think. Maybe Daniel knows a word.


"Dismissed," she heard the General say and broke out of her trance.

She smiled and put the cap back on her pen then flinched when a familiar hand reached over and snagged the list.

"Sir!" she said, mortified, making an unsuccessful grab at the results of a meandering mind.

Brigadier General Jack O'Neill looked down the list, giving her a trademark smirk. "Sweet!" he said. He waggled his eyebrows. "Seems you can't make up your mind about me."

Sam searched desperately for a black hole she could fling herself into. No ... nothing. Where was oblivious when you really needed it? "Sir ...," she mumbled, her cheeks going pink. "You're a lot more complicated than you like to think."

Don't hit him. Don't hit him. Don't hit him.

He gave her a warm smile this time, and she blinked. Did the man have any idea how handsome he was?

Don't lust after him. Don't lust after him. Don't lust after him.

Funny how she thought they'd managed to kill these feelings. If the fluttering in her stomach and the urge to kiss him senseless was anything to go by, her feelings for the man hadn't decreased one whit.

"Carter ...?" he purred suddenly.

"Yes, sir?"

"I think you're ... yummy, too."

And with that Jack O'Neill strolled out of the briefing room, leaving Samantha Carter speechless.