Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Memoirs of Brigadier General Jack O'Neill (retired)

by Arrietty
[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
MEMOIRS OF
BRIGADIER GENERAL JACK O’NEILL
(Retired)

Part IX

Chapter Three
By Arrietty


2008

Pushing the anger down inside, I stood up out of the water and moved carefully over to La Haia. Her face was still pointed downwards, staring at the water; I could see her reflection on the surface.

Tentatively, I reached out a hand lifted her chin and looked into her eyes. Stranger’s eyes stared back at me. A terrified stranger, but the face was not of a stranger. I quickly reached around to the back of her neck and felt the small scar from where the symbiote from Steveson had penetrated. I found myself trembling as I pulled her hand out to look at the back of it, there for all to see, was a faint scar running up beside her thumb. There were other injuries that I knew that there would be evidence of, but I didn’t need to look, I knew. This was not the replicator Sam who wouldn’t have had any scars and wouldn’t have been in this situation.

“Carter?” I asked, quietly.

She quickly looked down at the water, she was frightened, she didn’t understand.

“Sam?” I asked more urgently. I grabbed her by the shoulders and twisted her around to look at me. “It’s me, O’Neill.” I shook my head, “Jack.” Once again her eyes dropped to the water. Then I remembered, the photo, the photo of the four of us - taken before . . . before I’d lost her.

Without a second thought, I rushed out of the pool as excitement bubbled up out of me. As I splashed out onto the grass, I turned back to her. She was looking rather surprised. “Don’t move, I’ll be right back.” I snatched up my shirt and ran fast as I could back to the cave. The shirt became wet as soon as I pulled it on and clung to me as I panted up the pathway. The legs of my wet trousers flapped against each other as I sprinted across the flat piece of grass to the mouth of the cave. I couldn’t stop smiling as I delved into my pack and pulled the waterproof bag out of the inside pocket. There it was, the dog-eared photo of my team Teal’c, Daniel, myself and Sam, standing in a row. It had been taken when I was made General, and I wanted something to remember our team by. Shivers of excitement traveled through me, and I looked up, straight into the eye of Meadow.

With sudden realization, I cried out in dismay, and ran, faster than I had ever run before. I slid down the small pathway, the dirt and dust flicking away under my bare feet. ‘I had left her on her own. The girl that always ran away.’ The pain in my chest pounded as I gasped oxygen into my lungs. Leaping down over the last few small rocks, I landed in the middle of the purple flowers scattered through the grass. I scanned the pool. There was no sign of her anywhere. To add to my feeling of despair, a loud rumble sounded off in the distance, a crack and then lightening forked across the sky.

Moving forward, I checked the edge of the pool. I could see where I’d left it; the drying wet marks were unmistakably my feet. Moving over to the side of the pool, I could see small wet footprints leading out across some flat stones. Not wanting to make such a stupid mistake again, I pulled my socks on over my wet feet and yanked on my boots and laced them up. I stared at the bottles of shampoo and soap sitting on the large boulder. Only moments ago, I had been happy, even before I knew who she was, I had been happy, but now I was scared, more scared than I had been for a long time. This was no alternate world, this was my world. The world in which I had lost her, but she was here, somewhere.

I stood up and looked out towards the west, there were large black thunderclouds building up, interspersed with a flash of forked lightening as it cut across the sky. A cool breeze swirled the dust at my feet and made me shiver. Dare I go back to get my jacket and risk losing her, or should I keep going and hope I find her quickly? I pulled out my handgun from under the small rock where I had hidden from prying eyes. I stuffed it into the back waistband of my pants, and followed the quickly drying tracks.

I nearly lost her trail, and then I saw some hair caught on a branch at eye level. She must have been running fast to be that high. I had seen her move with the horses in the courtyard; I knew she was fast and fit. Maybe underfed, but she could certainly hold her own. Each time I thought I’d lost her, I found another token, a piece of ripped clothing at one time, but usually her hair. Bright hair, which danced in the fading sunlight. Hair that had dried to a beautiful golden sunshine colour. I would never have believed that the girl that I had seen at Neeron’s had been Sam. The hair colour tainted with the dirt and grime of many years. Shaking those thoughts from my mind, I kept following the tracks. If this had been Sam I was following I would never have succeeded. She was too good at her job to let someone like me find her. In a twisted way, I was fortunate that she did not remember who she was.

It was one hour later that I lost her tracks. The downpour that erupted from the sky, made seeing anything beyond three feet in front of me impossible. The rain hurt my exposed arms and neck as it beat down, spattering up first dust and then mud onto my boots when it hit the ground. I quickly looked at the terrain and tried to think where she would go. Following my instinct, I kept following the trail.

The dust soon turned to greasy mud and I found myself slipping and sliding down the small gradient. Abruptly, the trail ended with a wide ditch running across it. A flash flood had just swept its way down it seconds before I arrived, leaving, broken logs and trash caught amongst the fallen trees. The wind whipped the small branches into a frenzy, swiping at my face and body as I pushed through them to peer into the bottom of the ditch.

You would have never have known that moments before, wild water had flowed its banks as the thick mud like water sat still with the odd fish flopping in the clogged, slow moving stream. The rain still fell heavily, making it hard to see as I picked my way along the banks, looking for any sign of Sam. I came to a large outcrop of rock which I didn’t see until I nearly collided with it while watching the swirling water.

Below the rock there was large oval shaped pool that jutted out from the straight ditch. I watched the steady flow of water flow past the pool making little waves and ripples move into the pool. A mud-coloured stringy plant moved along the surface with the ripples. I stood there for only a moment mesmerized by the movement, wondering how I was going to get around this large rock. The ditch was too big to traverse and I hadn’t seen anyway that Sam could have climbed up the steep bank on the other side.

Just then a large wave flowed into the pool, making a small fish float to the top, then I saw another beside it. I started to scramble down the clay bank, sliding on its slippery surface. The pain began to constrict my heart again as I grabbed hold of the fish in the water.

“Argh!” I cried out, as I looked at the cold hand clutched in my own.

Reaching into the muddy water, I pulled up a handful of plant. It was hair, human hair. The rain splashed on the surface of the pool, making it hard to find her. Yanking on her arm, I managed to pull one shoulder out then her head. With difficulty in the slippery mud, I dragged her up onto a small outcrop of rock and lay her onto her back. Rain fell heavily onto her face and eyes as she stared up sightlessly into the sky. Turning her over onto her side, I opened her mouth and scooped out mud and leaves from inside.

As I breathed into her, I kept saying to myself like a mantra. “I will not lose you . . . I will not lose you.” It seemed to go on for an eternity, but, in reality, only moments before she coughed, then choked. I quickly turned her onto her side as she coughed up mud and water. Then she heaved, vomiting up mud and debris that she had swallowed. When she had finished, I rubbed her back gently, while she slowly got her bearings.

I didn’t see it coming. She twisted around and lashed out at me. I felt a stinging pain as nails raked across my cheek, then another as she grabbed my ear and pulled hard. Grabbing hold of her left arm I held it down, all the while trying to detangle her hand from my hair. Pain exploded between my legs when she made contact with her knee. The world spun around, then I felt myself toppling sidewise, and curled myself instinctively into a protective ball. Her hand was on my face. She was going for my eyes. Reaching around, I caught hold of her right forearm and held on tight. For the first time, I heard her voice.

She screamed. I held on tighter. Her eyes locked with mine. Pure hatred stared back at me. Her eyes filled with tears, before she collapsed and her head fell onto the rock with a dull thump.

I was panting; the pain, thankfully, had diminished. I still had her forearm in my grasp. I looked down at my hand, and saw a thin stick-like arm lying in the palm of my calloused hand. I tenderly turned her arm over and saw the crisscross slashes gouged into the flesh. It was red and swollen where my hand had squeezed. Now I knew how Neeron controlled his slaves. I let go of her arm as though it burned me and looked back at her face. It was white and pinched with pain.

The rain had washed a lot of the mud from both of us and her breathing was even. I stood and looked around. The rain was easing and I could see a pathway up a small slope from where we were. Picking her up, I hoisted her over my shoulder and started to scramble up the slope. I was being careful of my movements because certain parts of me still hurt.

As soon as I started down the other side, I got into trouble. I lost my footing and both of us started to slide down the steep slope. Sam slipped out of my grasp as we started to fall, colliding as we flipped and bounced our way down. Sharp pain sliced up the calf of my leg as it caught on a broken branch, only slowing me down briefly before continuing on down to finally land in a painful heap at the bottom.

Groaning, I checked myself for injuries. Surprisingly, apart from my leg, I didn’t seem to be injured. I examined Sam’s limbs to make sure nothing was broken. As far as I could tell, she was fine. I bound my leg up with my bandana, hoping it would stop the bleeding.

I struggled to my feet, picked her up again and slung her over my shoulder. I had to get back to that cave before she came around. I was in no shape to win another fight with her and I didn’t want to hurt her again.

~*~

Limping heavily in the pouring rain, I made my way past the pool, where only three hours ago I had made a discovery that was beyond my wildest dreams. It was hard clambering up the pathway. Earlier I had bounced my way up with ease, now I struggled with pain and tiredness. Every few seconds my body was wracked with a large shiver as it fought to keep warm.

I heard a quiet nicker of welcome as I staggered into the dark cave. It was warm because the horses within had taken the edge off the cool interior. Laying her down gently, I quickly pulled more sticks over to the small pile of branches that La Haia had attempted to make a fire with. It didn’t take long to get the fire going strong and steady. Then I moved back to attend to Sam. She looked so young and vulnerable, not like the Sam I’d known at all. I dragged my bag over and pulled out the folded up emergency blanket. These were good because they kept you warm even if you were wet. I wrapped her in it, and then put a pot of water onto the fire to heat up. The shivering had now started to keep a steady rhythm as it shuddered through my body. I noticed that she wasn’t shivering even though she was cold to the touch. This worried me more than anything.

I quickly pulled out some clothes. I had a couple of spare outfits, some BDU’s as well as track pants and sweatshirts.

With difficulty, I removed her dress before pulling on the track pants and sweatshirt. The dress was in tatters, and I found I had to cut it up the back with a knife because I couldn’t see any fasteners. I was in a hurry to get her warm, after all this; to lose her to hypothermia would be devastating. Knowing that we would lose most of our body heat out through our heads, I dragged out two of my beanies and pulled one awkwardly over her wet hair and put the other one on my head. I then quickly got changed into some dry clothes, pulling on my jacket and leather coat, anything to keep me warm. Not for the first or most probably the last time I silently thanked Teal’c for his generosity as I buttoned up the warm coat.

I bent over to pull my sleeping bag out, this is what she needed I thought while I straightened. As I walked across the cavern floor I felt a hard lump in my coat pocket, reaching in I pulled out the little machine that Neeron had given me. It took a split second to decide on what to do with it, I dropped the sleeping bag onto the floor and pulled back Sam’s blanket, before lifting the sleeve of her sweatshirt and very carefully placed the little doohickey onto her arm.

She was awake.

Once again, I was fighting off clawing fingernails as they raked at my neck and face. This time I managed to pin her legs down with mine and I laid my body across her, holding her left arm up underneath me, my shoulder into her neck to keep her teeth at bay. My left arm was across her body hanging onto her right arm trying my hardest to keep it still.

“Argh!” I couldn’t keep the yell in my head when I felt her teeth sink into my shoulder. Ignoring the pain, I pushed down onto the light grey button and slowly drew it down the open wound. A slight hum came from the machine as it left clear pink skin behind in its wake. No scars or any sign that there had been anything there at all. While I worked, I felt the teeth release my shoulder and the fighting stopped. I didn’t dare stop or move as I still wasn’t sure what she would do. Once that was done, I moved onto the ones that went across the arm. Again, the steady hum was all that you could hear as I carefully and slowly ran over the deep gash. Her breathing was quiet, then I heard a tell tale sniff. ‘Yup. Carter was Carter, whoever she was. Her unladylike sniffles were a dead giveaway.’

It must have taken about twenty minutes before I had finished, the water had boiled dry and the fire was nearly out. But her arm was clear of the unsightly cuts that had caused so much anguish.

I rolled over and sat up. She was crying, tears flowing down from the corners of her eyes into her muddy hair and soaking into the black beanie. I carefully reached over and pulled the sleeve down over her arm. Snatching the sleeping bag over, I unzipped it and wrapped it around her. I could see her shivering with the cold and shock of what had happened.

Getting up, I walked over to the horses and filled their nosebags. I gave her some space, some time to think things through. I watched out the corner of my eye as she pulled the sleeve of her sweatshirt up and gazed at her arm. She ran her other hand over the places in amazement where she had been so cruelly marked.

I moved over to the fire and built it up some more then put some more water on. It sizzled and bubbled as I poured the cold water into the dry pot. I limped over to my decimated pack and pulled out the med kit. I had already put a makeshift bandage on my leg when I’d changed, but I knew something more permanent needed to be done. Moving over to the light of the fire, I opened the kit. There it was staring at me. I remember Doctor Melling saying to me all those years ago. ‘You probably won’t need this, but if you do, it is better to have it just in case.’

I pulled out the surgical spirit and the sealed surgical gloves before unwrapping my makeshift bandage from my leg. No, it didn’t look good. Whatever had sliced my leg had opened it up wide. The blood had begun to congeal, beading along the edge of the wound. I carefully, washed my hands in the surgical spirit before pulling the gloves on, they stuck to my skin uncomfortably, even if it was closing the door after the horse had bolted, every little bit helps. I liberally washed the opened cut with the fiery liquid. I had to sit still for a few moments to wait for the pain to die down, before I pulled out the needle and surgical thread. It was then that I saw with dread the one thing I was going to rely on, broken. The only ampoule of local anesthetic I had was smashed at the bottom of the kit. Gritting my teeth, I pulled the lips together of the wound and stuck the needle into the flesh. I was half way down the cut, before I passed out.

~*~

I woke up shivering in a cold sweat. My leg burned as though it was on fire. I looked down at my leg and could only see the dark green of my sleeping bag as it encased me from my feet right up to my chin. The fire was sparking and glowing brightly, maybe a bit on the large side, but it was going well. A shadow crossed over my face and I quickly looked up, two grey/blue eyes looked down at me, before a cool cloth was wiped across my forehead.

“How long?” My voice came out as a croak, and then I coughed.

She carefully brought a canteen to my lips and let me sip from it while supporting my head. The cool water trickled down my throat easing the dryness that irritated it.

I weakly pulled out my arm with my watch on. It was clearly night time as the sun wasn’t shining, but what surprised me was that twenty-two hours had passed since I started to sew up my leg. I knew I had a fever, so I pointed to my bag.

“Bring me my bag. Please.” She frowned at me. Sakoula…ferre sakoula.” She nodded and hopped up and brought my bag over to me. I pulled out the med kit; it had been carefully tidied up. I pointed to the needle and thread and made a sewing motion. She nodded then pointed to herself.

Sam had sewn me up; I just hoped she hadn’t sewn my legs together. I pulled out the bottle of antibiotics. They were specifically for this type of injury; I just needed to be sure this was what was wrong with me. I slowly sat up, the room started to spin around my head, but I persevered and zipped down my bag. If I hadn’t been in so much pain, I would have laughed. She had wrapped so many bandages around my leg it looked like I had grown another foot. At this sight I sighed in defeat and made the unwrapping motion to her.

Carefully, and far too slowly she removed the bandages. When I looked at the wound; I could see at a glance that this was infected. The antibiotics were just what I needed. You could see the difference in her stitches to mine. Hers were neatly tied off and perfectly spaced. Mine were haphazardly all over the place and the most redness of infection seemed to be mainly around my attempt at sewing myself up. I gave her a smile and laid back down, leaving her to wrap my leg up again in the mounds of wadding. Too tired to tell her to do anything different.

“Thank you, Carter,” I sighed out.

I felt a prod in my shoulder, not the bitten one thankfully; I opened my eyes, to see her frowning at me. “Carter?” I queried.

She shook her head at me.

“Not Carter?”

She shook her head again pointed to herself and started to say something, but nothing came out. I could see her tongue touching the roof of her mouth, but no sound came. Then tears filled her eyes.

“La Haia,” I said quietly.

She smiled and nodded to me.

I sighed internally with disappointment. I’d hoped there was something in the dark recesses of her mind that would help her remember. Even if all she remembered was her name. I drifted off back to sleep.

~*~

Over the next few days I slipped in and out of sleep. When I remembered, I took the antibiotics, I knew I wasn’t taking them when I should because I had no sense of time, but I couldn’t rely on La Haia to time them right. She managed to look after the horses well, taking them out to graze and for some exercise. Keeping the fire going and boiling the water. I had a suspicious feeling that all the energy bars and the dried apple would have gone by the time I was well, but that would be a small cost. There was no way I would have survived if I’d been on my own.

I was wrong. There was still plenty of apple left; she fed it to me while I was too weak to feed myself. I was pleased to see that she used a spoon and didn’t lick the bowl clean afterwards. I got the feeling though that the utensils were washed in shampoo, but then I wasn’t complaining, even if the apple tasted a bit weird sometimes.

~*~

By the time the antibiotics had finished I was hobbling around the cave. The inflammation had gone down. My arm most probably would be permanently pointing out sideways because La Haia had bandaged up her bite mark like my leg. It didn’t take me long to undo that bandage that was for sure. I was just thankful she hadn’t bandaged up my face and neck in the same way. I was stretching my shoulder out as I limped my way around the cave. I was weak, but lying around wasn’t going to get me any stronger. She walked in, and then hesitated. I could feel the nervousness emanating from her while she stood at the entrance way, her arms full of bundles of sticks and branches.

“Hi ya!” I waved briefly, and then continued to swing my arm about.

I heard her walk over towards the fire and then drop the branches down onto the dirt floor. I turned and smiled at her, and then I rubbed my belly.

“Food?” I asked.

She smiled nervously and nodded. I smiled broadly back and limped over to my pack. I was surprised, but pleased to see that the energy bars were still there, but I was not happy to see that only three packs of food were gone. I knew who had eaten those and it wasn’t La Haia.

I quickly looked up; she was carefully placing firewood onto the already large fire. I definitely needed to teach her about saving wood, but now was not the time.

“La Haia.” I spoke softly.

She stopped and turned around, with her head hanging down.

“Come here.”

She knew enough English now to know what that meant. She slowly shuffled over to me, I pointed to the pack, then to her.

“La Haia na fai ti?”

She looked at me, fear was in her face, with a shaking finger, she pointed to me, held up three fingers and then pointed to me again. I smiled reassuringly.

“I know, Jack eat three.” Holding up three fingers and then pointed to myself.

“La Haia.” I shook my head and held both hands up as though I didn’t know.

I was worried. Did this mean she hadn’t eaten anything for seven days? I saw her relax then smile. She pulled from one of her pockets some dried husks and handed me one. She then broke an end off one and sucked out the inside, then pointed to mine. I did the same, there was a rich gooey white substance inside the long husk, I sucked out the inside, and it was delicious. Sweet but not oversweet and really filling, immediately I didn’t feel hungry. I also didn’t feel thirsty. It was amazing. I smiled at her and said, “Good.”

She nodded, then seconds later a rumble came from her stomach. Obviously, it wasn’t as good as I thought. I wondered how many of these things you would have to eat before you were really satisfied.

I pulled out the turkey and tossed if over to her.

“A party to celebrate. You and me, I pointed to her and then myself. La Haia and Jack.” She smiled and placed the pot over the fire. I hobbled back to my sleeping bag and curled back inside it “I wish there was cake,” I murmured to myself and promptly fell asleep.

I woke to the pleasant smell of turkey casserole wafting under my nose. I carefully sat up and La Haia laughed. She had woken me up by passing the bowl of food by my head, then as I reached out for it, pulled it out of the way. I smiled, then moved back and leaned against one of the feed bags. She handed me the warm bowl of food. It looked like it had been there for quite a while, but she had waited for me to wake before eating herself. I wasn’t sure if it was because she was naturally polite or if she still was the slave looking out for her master.

I started to eat the luke warm food. I was famished. I also noticed that she ate hers quickly. After seven days of only eating those husks she would have been starving was all I could think of.

While she sat there, I could definitely see a resemblance to the Nox now. Her hair was a mass of knots and dead leaves and small twigs poked out of it all over the place. I reached into my pack and pulled out a comb. I didn’t have a brush, and a brush is what she needed, but she would have to make do with what I had. I pulled the comb through my hair, knowing full well that it wouldn’t do any good without wetting it down, but even so she should get the general idea. I handed her the comb and pointed to her hair. She reached forwards towards my hair I laughed, smiled.

“No, La Haia.” I pointed to her hair again.

She nodded, then stuck the comb into her hair and pulled. Well that was as far as she got, she flung the comb down on the ground and pouted.

“Here, come here,” I said, and then picked up the comb.

The top of her hair was okay, it was just the raggle-taggle stuff that hung down her back. I started at the top and gently pulled the comb through her hair, pulling out bits of leaves and twigs along the way. I know I hurt her, but she didn’t complain at all while I tugged and yanked at her hair. I had finally managed to get her hair reasonably straight as far as her ears, after that it was an impossible case. With the dried mud and the fact it hadn’t been washed for a week, it was not going to work, there was only one thing left to do.

I pulled out my knife. I didn’t own a single pair of scissors, the pair in the med kit had disappeared a year ago. I had no need of scissors anyhow, so why bother having any. One sight of the knife, La Haia bolted. She sprang up and dashed off and hid behind Meadow, making him restless as she peeked out from under his belly. I smiled at her, and beckoned her forwards. Now was the time to show her, I needed to prove to her that she was safe with me. No matter what.

I put the knife away as she came over to me, I then pulled out a small shaving mirror I had and gave it to her. She looked into it; she knew what a mirror was. She smiled then made a funny face at herself, then pulled her knotted hair away from her head. Then handed the mirror back to me, her expression was full of sadness. I put the mirror down and then I handed the small photo still in its plastic wrapper, to her. I pointed to each person.

“Teal’c. Daniel. This is me, Jack.” I looked up at her and watched her face. She put a grubby finger out and touched the picture of me. Then I pointed to Carter. “Sam Carter.” I said quietly, and then handed her the mirror again. She swallowed before pushing my hand aside that held the mirror. Her finger went out and touched Sam’s photo, then she pulled it back as though it burned her. I pointed to the photo again and said “La Haia . . . Sam Carter.”

She started to shake her head is disbelief. I nodded, and then pointed to her. “Sam Carter.” Then back to the photo, “La Haia.”

She looked up at me, her eyes were huge as they stared at me, and then dropped down to the photo. She pulled her bottom lip in with her teeth then her eyes began to fill with tears.

“Good.” I said smiling. “This is good.” I repeated.

“Jack happy . . . Tzak efharistimennos.” I repeated for her benefit in Ellinika, though I knew she would understand those simple words.

A lone tear slipped over onto her cheek, which she quickly brushed out of the way. Then looking up at me she nodded, and gave a small nervous smile. She handed the photo back to me then leaned down retrieved the knife and handed it to me handle first.

I couldn’t be sure she believed that she was Sam Carter, or if she was just trying to please me. I decided to think she believed me and that from now on, she would not try to escape.

It was hard to cut off the golden hair, I knew how beautiful it had looked, but there was no way we could save this now. I doubted if we could have saved it even after it had been washed the first time.

When I had finished, I knew without any doubt at all if Samantha Carter could see what I had done to her hair she would kill me, very slowly. But La Haia seemed extremely happy as she dragged my comb through her short ragged hair solidly for the next thirty minutes, but not before she had picked up her discarded hair and flung it into the fire. ‘Man, did that stink as it burnt.’ Not satisfied with that, she picked up her dress and threw that in too. She looked most pleased with herself as she stood there and watched her dress shrivel up before turning to ash.

~*~

I found that my time of thinking La Haia as Sam, was short lived because she wouldn’t answer to anything but La Haia. By the time we hit the road again, it was full winter, three inches of snow underfoot. The first thing I did was make a large poncho for La Haia out of the spare blanket. After washing all of my clothes, I shared them out between us. It was weird seeing La Haia wearing BDU’s, she didn’t wear them quite like Sam ever did. Then, of course, Sam’s actually fitted her. They didn’t hang off her like large sacks. Two pairs of socks firmly pulled onto her feet with extra strong plastic bags tied over the top. With matching black beanies on our heads we must have looked a sight as I pulled her up to sit behind me on Meadow.

Once again the warm leather coat hid all my weapons, not once had La Haia questioned my stock of weapons that I had stashed in my pack. Now they were firmly fitted into their holders inside my coat. Easy to get at, but not easily seen by prying eyes. Never had I regretted that choice until I felt La Haia’s arms reach around my waist to hang on and found she couldn’t as the P-90 dug into her arms and she found it too difficult to get a grip. Pulling back, I felt her grasp the sides of my coat, disappointment rose up inside me at the thought, but then I had to remember this was La Haia, not Sam. Hopefully once we got home, Sam would remember who she was. Then we could go horse riding, without the coat and its weaponry.

~*~


The End


Authors Note:

If you have enjoyed this series, I really would love to hear from you.

Many thanks to La La Haia for letting me use her name. La Haia is a derivative of the name La La Haia, which means flower in Papua New Guinea. Pronounced La-high-a.
Kapitel Abschlussbemerkung:
You can continue the story in a sequel series - Memoirs of Major General Jack O'Neill (re-activated)