Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Starts With Goodbye

by Lhinneill
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story Bemerkung:
Thanks to Lionchilde for the beta! Comments and constructive criticism are more than welcome.
Starts With Goodbye

Starts With Goodbye

by Lhinneill

Summary: Set somewhere between Meridian and season 6. Sam deals with the loss of her friend. Oneshot teamfic.
Category: Angst, Challenge, Hurt/Comfort, Missing Scene/Epilogue, Thoughts
Episode Related: 521 Meridian
Season: Season 5
Pairing: Team
Rating: FAM
Warnings: none
Author's Notes: Thanks to Lionchilde for the beta! Comments and constructive criticism are more than welcome.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story was created for entertainment purposes only. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 06/01/06

Sam ran a hand over the book, wiping the dust from the smooth cover. Had Daniel been here, she doubted there would have been much dust settling on things. He was always so busy...so full of passion for his work. A soft smile touched her lips. Her friend was happy in this place, surrounded by familiar artifacts, these books, his friends...
He was happy...
The smile drowned in a sudden flood of remembrance--he was gone. And this time, though she could hope and pray, he wouldn't be coming back. Colonel O'Neill said that Daniel wanted to go, but Sam couldn't believe that; she couldn't accept it. The Daniel she knew wouldn't just give up.
But in spite of all she believed, he had. He had let go. They'd all seen it, the bright glow that rose from Daniel's body, only to vanish through the ceiling. There was no explanation, no words of comfort for the ones forced to watch him go. Sam was torn between grief and anger. How could he give up?! There was so much more to live for, so much to fight for.
Without thinking, Sam hurled the book across the room. It crashed into a shelf, toppling several artifacts and knocking a vase to the floor. The vase shattered, sending thick shards of ancient clay flying through the air. For a moment it felt good, a release of her pent-up grief and rage. But the feeling faded, leaving the same aching wound. Sam moaned softly and buried her head in her hands. Unshed tears stung her eyes, a suppressed sob burned in her throat. She struggled against the pain, fought to retain her composure. Piece by piece, she could feel her well-built walls crumbling under the pressure of grief.
"MajorCarter?"
Sam jumped, hurriedly cramming the pieces back into her wall, pushing her feelings down and out of sight. Teal'c stood in the open doorway, arms crossed behind him. His eyes darted from her to the shards of clay scattered over the floor. His expression softened. Wordlessly, he moved to the broken vase, crouched, and picked up the book that lay nearby. For a moment he stayed there, running a thumb over the now torn binding of the book. Finally he stood, reverently placing the book on Daniel's desk.
"He was happy here," the Jaffa observed quietly.
"Yeah..." Sam murmured, glancing around the room. "Apparently he wasn't happy enough."

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Lhinneill