Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

From me to you

by Valie
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
From me to you

From me to you

by Valie

Summary: Sg-1 are on standown; what shall they do?
Category: Humor, Romance
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG
Warnings: language
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 06/25/03

It was about 3:30 in the morning when Sam Carter finally drifted off to sleep. She couldn't stop thinking about how she had no life. I mean sure, she went to other planets through a secret stone circle and she killed aliens as her day job, but she didn't really have a life outside of work. There was no love in her life, she never saw anyone outside of work apart from Daniel, Janet, Teal'c and Jack, her co-workers and she hadn't been shopping without one of the four since she started work at the SGC.

....................................................... The same time- but at Jacks house

Jack O'Neil sat in front of the Telly, beer in hand and glassy eyed. He was completely oblivious to the crap that was showing on the Telly and you couldn't really tell if he was even alive or not. All of a sudden he snapped out of his trance, got up and put his now empty beer bottle on the sink. He was so out of it he didn't even realise he had drunk it.

Realising the time, he headed for the bedroom. "Two and a half hours sleep until I have to get up again.... great." he said grumpily as he got into bed. In two and a half hours Colonel Jack O'Neil would have to get up and be at Cheyenne Mountain by seven.

He hated his life, not his job, his life. By all means don't get me wrong he loved his job. The exploring, the adventure, the fighting. Not the mention the company. He just hated his life, or should I say, lack of life.

..........................................................

Seven am the same day- Cheyenne Mountain Complex

"Does anyone know where the Colonel is?" said General Hammond, exasperation in his voice. This was the third time Jack had been late to a briefing and General Hammond was starting to wonder whether he was still up to the job. "No sir, I am unaware of Colonel O'Neil's whereabouts," said Teal'c in his usual monotone voice.

"Me eith......" Jack rushed through the door in the middle of Daniel's sentence.
"Sorry I'm late Sir," Jack said hurriedly, "my alarm clock mustn't of..........."

"Don't start making excuses again," said the General sternly, "If you carry on with this unpunctuality, I'm going to have to seriously review your position as a member of Sg-1." "Yes sir." Said Jack, as he sat down, unable to look the General in the eye.

Jack looked across the table to Sam. She couldn't bear to look him in the eye. She didn't know what was happening to him, it was never like him to be late to a briefing and jeopardise his position in the team. Sam could still fell Jacks eyes still on her. She didn't know why. She had to find out. She looked up into his eyes and what she saw frightened her, she saw loneliness, sadness and love. Love for her. Unable to stand it any longer, Sam turned her attention to Daniel who was rambling on about some archaeological find that he had made on the planet he had just been to with Sg-5. Sam quickly lost interest and her thoughts wondered to the Colonel. She wondered if he was still looking at her. She turned to look at him and sure enough he was staring straight into her eyes. It was a different look this time. It was a look of nervousness, confusion and mischief.

"Ok people, I want you all to report to the infirmary for your routine examination and then I am putting you on stand down for three days," Jack hated this. He hated not being able to do anything and sitting at home watching telly all day. "Oh and by the way people I don't want you leaving the base, we might be expecting some very important visitors and I want you all to be here." "Might, be expecting, Sir?" said Jack questioningly. "The Tollan have said they might be willing to share some of their technology with us but we just have to wait and see." "Even worse. Three days of being bored out of my skull." Thought Jack as he left the room.

........................................................

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Valie