Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Cookies and Coffee

by Vaitiare Vomisa
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Cookies and Coffee

Cookies and Coffee

by Vaitiare Vomisa

Summary: Teal'c gets a nice present from Cassie and Jack suddenly encounters a new love for music.
Category: Humor, Romance
Season: Season 4
Pairing: Daniel/Janet, Jack/Sam, other pairing
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: minor language
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 03/07/04

DEDICATION: Dedicating this one to Little Heaven who came up with this challenge as well as Allison West! My favorite fanfiction author. You ROCK and I srsly hope u enjoy this fanfic! :-D

Okai, so this is a response to Callenge #1,927 on Stargate Heliopolis. It went like this: Song challenges: The Sweetest Days by Vanessa Williams or Long Way Home by Vanessa Williams. Only conditions: 1. Cannot have anything to do with "Meridian"; I've heard too much already. 2. S/J or D/J or pair General Hammond with someone (bonus points for that one!) 3. bonus points for no deaths! --------------------

Cookies And Coffee

"What's up Teal'c?... buddy?" Jack was walking along next to Teal'c who seemed to be ignoring him completely. "Umm.. *buddy*?" Jack asked, puzzled. What'd he done? Teal'c wasn't responding at all. Instead he was staring straight ahead of him and consistently nodding slightly. "Right then." O'Neill gave a slight sigh and put his hands into his pockets. So be it. Teal'c wasn't talking to him. Sam was busy in her lab working on yet another doo-hickey, Daniel and Janet were out getting cheeseburgers and starbucks coffee and General Hammond was talking to Catherine Langford in his office since the past 3 hours. He was the only one left with his own boredom and the Simpsons wouldn't be on for another three hours. `Oh fer crying out loud.' He muttered. "Teal'c!!" he yelled into the tall Jaffa's ear. He on the other hand turned his head a little bit too sudden causing their heads to collide and Jack to fall backwards. As Sam (and his science teacher at some point) had told him, the heavier force most always caused the lighter one to fall. So he did. Rubbing his rather painful backside he got up. "Teal'c! What the hell is going on with you?" he yelled at his friend. This was one of *those* days, obviously.

"I am very sorry, O'Neill. I did not hear you coming." The tall Jaffa gave back with a slight nod.

"Yeah, well I've been walking next to you fer a couple of minutes. You deaf now?" O'Neill was pissed and didn't intend to sound friendly at all. He felt ignored and rather unhappy about that too.

"I must apologize, O'Neill. I was in the process of testing this device and it is indeed effective-" "now will you *stop* that." He shook his head, "What *device* ya talking about?"

Slowly the tall black man pulled a little knob out of his ear. Only then Jack noticed it was connected to a little disc-man, Teal'c held in his left hand. "Oh... how'd ya get that?" he asked, curious.

Jack liked music. Jack liked disc-mans. But man was he surprised that Teal'c owned one.

"Cassandra gave it to me for my one hundred and seventieth birthday." He said, his eyes beaming with pride. Slowly he opened the little green metallic object and took out a CD.

O'Neill's eyes widened as he saw the printed letters on the CD the Jaffa was holding. "Vanessa Williams? Wow.."

"Indeed her music is very enchanting. `Cool' using your words, O'Neill."

A grin played with his lips at Teal'c word choice. The usually quiet man seemed extraordinarily happy today, and a part of him cursed himself for having been so grouchy to him earlier on. Trying to pick up the conversation again he said, "Cool. Can I listen?" A weak protest played in the Jaffa's face but eventually he gave Jack one of the little ear-phones. A warm, sweet sound filled his ears as a new song started. This moment, this very moment, he knew he'd never forget.

You and I in this moment Holding the night so close Hanging on, still unbroken While outside the thunder rolls

As the song proceeded, and his mind began to form a daydream that could've been from Cassandra, fate played him a trick. Damn it he didn't believe in things like this on a usual basis but this time he was sure it was fate. As Teal'c and him kept on walking, Carter came running around the corner and would've almost crashed into them. As she saw them standing there in the middle of the hallway she slowed down and raised an eyebrow questioningly at him and Teal'c. He could imagine how funny they must've looked but at that moment he frankly didn't feel like thinking. They were listening to a love song by Vanessa Williams on Teal'c's new green CD player. Both their expressions were more on the girly side and O'Neill just heard himself give a huge, un-intended sigh.

Listen now, you can hear our heartbeat Warm against life's bitter cold These are the days The sweetest days we'll know

"Hi Sam." He said softly, knowing this probably had the same effect on her as she had on him. He *knew* what he was about to do was gonna be wrong in every way possible, possibly even embarrassing for both of them. Including Teal'c. But at the same time he knew it'd feel so right. He took the other earphone out of a protesting Teal'c's ear and ever so gently placed it in a puzzled looking Carter's. "Hi... Colonel." She responded in an effort to say *something*.

She had just come here to get a coffee and a couple of cookies from her room, and instead ran into a rather strange pair. Jack and Teal'c listening to Vanessa Williams love songs. The moment she had seen the expression on his face and in his brown teddy eyes she *knew* she should have turned around and just left them standing there listening to their stupid love songs. Instead she had stood there like an idiot simultaneously regretting and enjoying the warm fuzzy feeling that went through her body. He had come closer and she had let him, ignoring the protesting Jaffa in the background completely.

There are times that scare me We rattle the house like the wind Both of us so unbending We battle the fear within

Damn it. Damn the rules, the regulations. Damn the fact that they were standing in the hallways of the Cheyenne mountain complex. Damn the fact that he was taking her hand in his and pulling her close. She weakly gave in to the happy feeling as her brain seemed to shut down realizing exactly *who* the man was who just began to dance with her in these hallways. Why did song lyrics so often describe one's own feelings? She snaked her arms around his neck, enjoying his warmth, the song and the fact that at this very moment she had for once forgotten the regulations.

All the while, life is rushing by us Hold it now and don't let go These are the days The sweetest days we'll know

Oh he didn't want to let her go. At this very moment he felt like time was playing him a trick along side fate. It was like a conspiracy but he enjoyed it, and the way she pressed against him told him she liked dancing with him just as much. Jack had never been a fan of dancing, partly due to the fact that he wasn't very good at it but really they just stood there hugging while moving their feet in an effort to make it look like dancing. All the while none of them had really said a word or asked why or whether dancing in the hallways of a military complex as two military co-workers was against regulations. He knew it probably was. Any kind of affection that went beyond friendship was considered a mistake in the cruel rules of the air force. And God, he knew this was more than just friendship. He wouldn't have danced like this with Teal'c, let alone General Hammond who was *his* commanding officer. Just like *he* was Carter's CO. What'd he care though. He loved her and he was dancing with her, gladly oblivious to the rest of this galaxy.

So we'll whisper a dream here in the darkness Watching the stars till they're gone And when even the memories have all faded away These days go on and on

She didn't want this day to end. Or this moment. And she knew she couldn't keep her feelings for Jack in the dark anymore, nor did she want to. The memories of this dance would never end for her. Neither would her love for her Colonel. Jack O'Neill.

Listen now, you can hear our heartbeats Hold me now and don't let go These are the days The sweetest days we'll know

`As for that', Jack smiled to himself, `he would definitely think so.' So would Sam. But Teal'c. Teal'c was still protesting in the background. Slowly, very slowly the sounds of the song faded, so did the Jaffa's protests, as Jack released Sam from his embrace and gently kissed her.

At that moment Sam knew that this was definitely by far better than her cookies and that coffee she had intended to get.

The End.

Copyright Vaitiare Vomisa, 2003. Kruemelonia - Planet Fetia.

Visit my website: www.stargate-sg1.us.tc

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Vaitiare Vomisa