Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Forsaken, The

by Tropical
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Forsaken

The Forsaken

by Tropical

TITLE: The Forsaken
AUTHOR: Tropical
EMAIL: Charlizecarter77@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Action/Adventure, Mystery, Angst
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: None
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: Well, this is my 3rd story, hope you like it. Please send feedbacks as always. Thank you for all the fans that sent me feedbacks for my last fic. Good reading:)
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Well, this is my 3rd story, hope you like it. Please send feedbacks as always. Thank you for all the fans that sent me feedbacks for my last fic. Good reading:)

SG-1 walked out of the stargate and have arrived on Mystica, a planet where there was once life, but for some unknown reason, it all vanished from one day to the other. And even though it left their planet intact, to Daniel's pleasure.

Each members of SG-1 took their positions to survey the area, incase of any danger. When it was all clear, they look around with a more curious eye.

The planet was still preatty much intact. Their was very large trees everywhere, with vines entwined around each other and on rocks. The sun was streaming in between the trees' branches, making the woods look more beautiful. A thin mist surrounded the forest, making the temperature feeling cool on skin contact. SG-1 were stunned to say the least, they had never thought that there was actually a planet looking this beautiful.

"this place is truly unique" Daniel commented and started looking around the area. Sam nod in agreement "I agree with you, Daniel, I never seen something this beautiful either"

"I can't believe this planet is still unhabitated. It should have been for awhile now" Daniel said and found a large wall made out of rocks, that was hidden from them by vines and trees.

"I found something!!" he shouted and dust off some of the vines attached to it.

"what?" Jack ask him, while leaving Sam and Teal'c alone further away. Daniel look briefly at him, then back on the wall.

"I found some wall made out of rock, there's inscription on it, but I need time to figure it out"

"anything you recognize" he ask, looking at the wall under a curious eyes.

"well, this here looks like Greek, and this Turquish, but the rest is totally unknown to me right now"

Jack nod and sigh, this was going to be a very long and boring mission. Even though he had argued with general Hammond about giving this mission to SG-6, Hammond refused his request and said that SG-1 needed some peaceful mission for awhile, since they had been in too much action as it is.

Checking back on to Teal'c and Sam starting a discution over the planet's village, he nod to Daniel and left him to his studies.

"Teal'c, what do you know about this planet?" Sam ask.

"I do not remember much, major Carter, but I do know that these lands are sacred. Mystica had been known for it's great mysteries and unknown phenomenoms"

"what kind of mysteries?"

"before the population had vanished, it was once said that a great secret was kept from them. When the villagers had known about this, they have started searching for answers but could find none. The search lasted for years, numerous people had died from unknown illnesses, and it was increasing rapidly"

"so, the whole population died from an illness" Sam acknowledge.

Teal'c shook his head "it did not. Mystica is a very large planet, thousands of persons lived here. Only hundreds had died"

Sam nod in understanding and watch as her CO walk towards them, looking preatty bored.

"what's Daniel doing, sir?"

"reading some story on a wall made out of rock. It looks *so* much fun" he replied sarcastically.

Teal'c look at him, confuse "you do not like the beauty of this planet and the secret it hold's, O'neill?"

Jack look at him, half amazed "Teal'c, you've been hanging *way* too much time with those scientists. I think I'll bring you back fishing with me"

Teal'c look up immediatly as he heard the words 'fishing with me'

"O'neill, I found 'hanging' with major Carter and Daniel Jackson pleasant, and I enjoy this activity more than 'acting like fishing'" Teal'c said, and walk towards Daniel.

Jack look back quickly to his major, still standing beside him, trying very hard to hold her laughter.

"you're suppose to back me up, major!" he said, trying to stay serious.

Sam broke down in a smile "sorry, sir, I'll know better next time" Sam shook her head and walk away towards the oposite direction of the others. Jack shook his head, he smiled as he watched her go "you better, major" he said to himself "don't go too far, it would be a shame to leave without you!!" he shout back, and walk towards Daniel and Teal'c.

Sam walk between the trees and vines. She had found this place increadibly beautiful. Suddenly, a small breeze took her attention, she turned to look where it was coming from, and noticed and very old temple hidden between the trees.

Curious, she was too far from the others to go back and tell them about her discovery. Curious took over her once again and she walk towards the temple.

She took out her knife and cut the vines that was keeping her from getting in, once it was cleared, she put it back in to it's place.

Sam look around the entrance, because there was no door, she helped herself in. The temple was dark so she took out her flashlight and found a tunnel leading underground. Getting excited, she followed it, the idea of contacting her team-mates was lost.

All around the wall, there was drawings and some writings that Sam couldn't understand.

"I better get Daniel here quick, he'll love it" she commented and continued her way in.

Sam stopped abruptly when she saw a large golden door before her. She look at it from every angle she could get, and wondered how this could open itself up. She walk nearer and pushed the door and forced it to opened itself. The door was hard to push, but Sam finally made it and could finally see what was behind it.

Sam walked in and was stunned to say the least. There was a very large room, surrounded by water. A small bridge started at the entrance, went on top of the water and towards the center a the room. In the center of the room, was four pillars and a blue circle in the middle of it. Sam let intrigue took over her once again, and walk towards it.

First, she tested if the bridge was strong enough to hold her, when she found out that yes it could, she continued her journey on it. Walking slowly and gently, not to move the bridge for nothing, she walk towards the center of the room.

Finally arriving to the other side, Sam watch carefully around her, trying to see anything that could harm her if she did a false move. Finding it secured enough, she walk around the four pillars. She look up and at the wall on the oposite side of the entrance, she saw a big statue, a man made out of gold and ruby. His arms were crossed and he was holding in his hands a large sword. His eyes were made out of red ruby and he was looking towards the four pillars.

"wow" Sam breathed in disbelief, she had never ever seen something or someplace this beautiful in her life. Still day dreaming, she stepped back and stepped in the blue circle.

Suddenly, the room started trembling and a bright light appeared from all four pillars, making a force shield forbidding her to walk out of the temple. The statue's eyes started glowing and a very quick permanent ray of light left the statue and towards Sam's forehead. She tried to push herself away from everything, but find herself immobilized. Suddenly, all sound stopped, movement stopped, it was a total silence.

Then, without warning, images stiked in Sam's head, making her double in pain. It was coming as quickly as it went. The only liason that she had with the temple, was the red light between her and the man statue.

A voice was suddenly heard through her head, but she was in too much pain to realise where it was coming from.

"your mind is your weapon" was the only word spoken then everything turned silent. The red light snaped away from Sam and the temple stopped trembling. Sam fell on the floor, still in pain, and closed her eyes tightly.

Meanwhile, Daniel was continuing the translation of the inscription on the wall. Jack look down at his watch, it's been already an hour since Sam had gone wandering off in the forest, and still she hasn't contacted him yet. Getting worried, he walk towards Teal'c and Daniel.

"guys, have you heard about Carter?"

"I have not, O'neill"

"she's not back yet?" Daniel ask, stopping his translation and look at Jack.

"no, I ask her to contact me, but she still hasen't"

"should we start looking for major Carter, O'neill?" Jack nod and look at Daniel "look, you'll be ok on your own?"

"yes, why?"

"Teal'c and I will go see if we can find her somewhere. If anything goes wrong, or she's coming back while we're out there, radio us"

Daniel nod and watched them leave the area and search for their missing team-mates.

Sam had finally had enough strenght to lift herself to her feet and look around. She started feeling very dizzy and the room was just turning so fast. Shaking her head slightly, she started walking towards the exit of the temple. Once she had reached the outside, she could no longer stay conscious and fell on the ground, unconscious.

Jack and Teal'c looked everywhere around, Jack picked once again his radio and tried to contact her "Carter, can you read me?"

"..." still no answer. Jack cursed and look around.

"O'neill" Teal'c called out and pointed through the bushes, someone laying on the ground. Jack didn't think twice and dash towards his unconscious major.

"Carter!" he said and checked for a pulse "pulse. slow, but strong" he comment and touched her forehead "temperature is raising up. Let's bring her to the camp" Jack lift the unconscious major in his arms and both he and Teal'c hurried themselves to their camp.

Once in sight of Daniel, Teal'c called out for his assistance.

"Daniel Jackson, we require your assistance!"

Daniel ran towards them and put a blanket on the ground before laying Sam onto it.

"what hapened?" he ask worriedly.

"I don't know, we found her like this" Jack said and disarmed her from her gun and jacket "give me water, we'll try to keep her temperature down" he ordered. Daniel gave him his waterbottle and a bowl, with a tissue.

Just as Jack got Sam out of her jacket, Daniel noticed a stranged marking, a tatoo on her palm.

"huh, Jack, take a look at this"

Jack bent down and look at the marking on her left palm. It was a star and a small dot in the middle of it, and everything was encircled with a circle.

"the marking is as large as her palm cam allow" Teal'c acknowledge.

"what is it?" Jack ask Daniel "I don't know, Jack, I don't think I ever saw something like this..."

Jack touched once again her forehead and became alarmed to see that her temperature was raising up "damn" he cursed and soaked the tissue in the water and put it gently on her forehead.

Daniel narrowed the tatoo printed on Sam's palm, suddenly he was sure that he had already seen something like this before. Looking up, he gaze towards the wall made out of rocks. He lift himself up and quickly made his way to it.

Looking for something, but still not sure what, he stopped when he saw a drawing. The same drawing that was on Sam's palm.

"Jack! come here" he quickly called out.

Jack look up and nod. He turned to Teal'c and gave him the tissue "keep her fever down" and went to see Daniel.

"what is it?"

"the tatoo on Sam's palm, it's the same as the one here" he pointed at the drawing.

"so, what does it mean?"

Daniel sigh "I'm not there yet, but I'll found out"

"if we see that Carter's fever is not getting down, we'll have to leave this planet and get her to the infirmery" Jack said to him, and walk back to Teal'c.

The rest of the day came slowly, Daniel was sill translating, Teal'C and Jack were still by Sam's side. Suddenly, before the sun could get down, they heard a soft moan coming from Sam, she was waking up.

"Carter?" Jack called out impatiently.

Sam slowly opened her eyes and gaze around from where she was laying "where am I?" she ask weakly and confuse.

"at camp, major, how do you feel?" Sam tried to sit up, with Teal'c and Jack's help.

"sore, dizzy, but it'll past"

"do you remember what happened to you, major Carter?"

"it was beautiful at first" she said to herself.

"what!? Carter, what was beautiful?"

"the temple, I was in a temple. It was surrounded by water, a big statue was sitting at the end of the room..." she trailed off.

"continue, Carter"

"I was surrounded by four pillars, then the blue light came from beneath me and everything started trembling... something came and talk to me, it was hurting, I remember pain and images.." she closed her eyes tightly and put her hands beside her head. Worried, Jack nod to Teal'c to get Daniel to see him, then he sat next to Sam.

"I don't know where you have been, Carter, but you're safe now"

"my mind is my weapon" she said out of the blue, taking him by surprise.

Daniel walk towards them and smiled down at Sam "it's good to see you awake, Sam, you got us all worried"

"Daniel, got news?" asked Jack

"yes, I think so but not much" he pulled out his note book his pocket and sat in front of Sam and Jack.

"Carter, when we found you, we noticed you had a mark on your left palm, look" Sam lift her hand and look at the tatoo. For some reason, she knew what it meant.

"we don't exactly know how it's called, but it's some sort of..."

".. a key" Sam cut him off.

"Huh... yeah. How'd you know?" Daniel ask puzzled.

Sam struggled and started yawning. Jack got the picture "ok, we'll leave Carter for a few hours sleep" Sam smiled greatfully and lay back down.

The trio left her on her own and walk further away. They sat down and started talking about what was going on and what they should do about it.

"it's a key for what, Daniel?"

"well, I don't know much, but I'll tell you what I found" Daniel said and look back down on to his notes.

"the inscription says that it's a key to unlock Mystica's secret... Along your journey, you will find the book, travel through time itself and fight the good fight"

"it doesn't say alot" Jack commented sarcastically, and gaze to his now sleeping major further away.

"yeah, well, it's all I got" Daniel said and closed his note book. Teal'c look up at the sky and the sun was getting down.

"O'neill, we should prepare ourselves for the night"

Jack nod and stood up "ok, Daniel you'll stay here with Carter. Teal'c and I will get some wood for the fire" Teal'c nod and stood up next to Jack. They both left the camp and tried to find some woods. Daniel sigh and look back at the wall 'what does it mean?' he thought intrigued. He shook his head and took out their sleeping bags and prepared them for the night.

Jack and Teal'c were walking through the woods, in hope to find some dry wood. The air stayed cool but still confortable even at night. Along the way, they found several branches and prepared to head on home. The minute they turned back, Jack felt someone breathing on the back of his neck. Surprising him, he turned sharply and noticed there wasn't anybody there.

"O'neill, are you ok?" Teal'c ask his friend and look around them.

Jack nod, still trying to find someone with them "yeah, just tired I guess" he reassured Teal'c and they walk towards the camp.

Daniel look up when he heard steps coming their way. He was relieved when he saw his friends walking out of the bushes.

"have you found some?"

"we did, Daniel Jackson" Teal'c replied and put the wood on the ground, as did Jack.

"it'll be enough for tonight anyway" Jack said quite calmly. Daniel look at him and noticed his uneasyness.

"Jack, are you ok?"

"I'm fine, just tired" he replied and started the fire. Daniel nod and everyone sat around the fire.

"we have clock set for the night, who's going first?" asked Jack.

"I will, O'neill" answered Teal'c.

"fine, I'm second, Daniel the third"

Seconds later, they ate, making sure they left something for Sam to eat the next day, and went to sleep.

At night, the woods were very dark, and the two moons in the sky weren't so shiny either. Teal'c sat close to the fire and let his mind wondered to his son living on the other side of the galaxy. He wished he could be with him and be a family like he ever wanted, but he knew to have that, he had to destroy Apophis so his people could be free. Teal'c sigh and just when he started dreaming about the wonderful time he spent with his son when he was at a young age, a voice from behind startled him. Teal'c turned sharply but found no one there.

Suddenly, he saw between the trees, a shinning white light. Curious and armed, he walk towards it slowly. As he walk towards it, the voice was heard louder and louder every minutes. He took one last step forward and saw between the bushes, a woman. A white glowing woman mentionning to him to walk towards her.

Teal'c closed his eyes tightly, thinking he might be dreaming, but she was still there when he reopened his eyes.

"who are you?" he demanded

The woman didn't answer him and smiled softly to him. She lift her hand as Teal'c could see her palm, and waited for him to walk towards her. He noticed that she had the same marking on her palm like Sam.

The woman had long light curled blond hair, had a very blue pair colored eyes and red lips curved into a smile. She was dressed into a white dress, covering her feet also. Encircled around her head and forehead, was a thin golden ring.

Teal'c got lost in her beauty, and somehow knew her and walk towards her. He lift his hand and touched palm to palm with hers. A sudden invisible force shot through him, he closed his eyes tightly and tried to step away, but couldn't. He heard several words coming through his head "protect is your duty. Do not kill yourself for the One" then he fell on the ground, breathing evilly. He opened his eyes quickly and found himself alone in the woods. There was no sign of the woman nor a white glowing light. Suddenly, he heard Jack calling out for him. Standing up, he didn't wait any longer and walk towards his friend.

"O'neill" he answered.

Jack turned around and look at him walking out of the woods.

"where've you been?" he ask

Teal'c took time to answer his question, and he simply replied "I thought I had heard noises"

Jack nod "ok, then, it's already my turn to stand guard, so..."

Teal'c look at him "already, O'neill?"

"yeah, you've been standing guard for almost three hours... are you sure you're ok, Teal'c?"

Teal'c nod quickly, not sure of himself, and bow to Jack. He walk towards his sleeping bag and lay down, trying to get some sleep and clear his head out before morning.

Jack sat down in front of the fire and gaze to his slepping team. Something was going on since they gated on this planet, but none of them knew what. Plus they found a strange marking on Sam's left palm, and any of them knew what it was for.

Shaking his head softly, he sat against a tree and closed his eyes to relax. Like the usual, Daniel hadn't been able to wake up in time, and Jack fell asleep. It was about four hours before the sun would come up, that Sam started experiencing weird dreams.

A woman was talking but Sam couldn't see from where. Without warning, she found herself in Mystica's forest. In front of her, something looked like a path was leading towards a underground tunnel. Instead of walking towards the tunnel, it looked like she was flying quickly over it, and in the tunnel. She didn't stop until she reached a room, that looked like a library. It was beautiful, but she felt unease. Suddenly, everything dissapeared and Sam woke up quickly from her sleep, and sat up straight in her sleeping bag.

Breathing evilly, she look around the camp and didn't noticed anything unusual. Sighing to herself, she stood up slowly, still weak on her legs, and walk towards the fire. It was just then that she saw her CO sleeping against a tree. Smiling to herself, she walk quietly not to wake him and took her waterbottle from her back pack.

She sat down and gaze at the marking on her palm "why does this feel familiar?" she ask herself. She had already seen the symbol before, but couldn't remember where.

Finally, she started to feel tired once again, she lay down beside her CO and gave up to rest.

The next day, SG-1 woke up at the same time. Jack look at Sam, noticing her changing place through the night, and she explained herself. Daniel and Jack were starting to clean up the camp, as Teal'c gave Sam water and food.

Jack took several minutes before he started talking "ok, people, let's head back to the 'gate" Sam turned quickly towards him "sir, we can't do that!" Jack raised his eyebrows at her "and why's that, major?"

"Jack, Sam's right. We don't know what this symbol mean, for all we know it could be very dangerous if we activate the stargate"

"Daniel, if you're saying to leave her here, there's no chance in hell!" Jack replied firmly.

"no, I'm saying we should investigate more before doing anything else"

"sir, he's right. Daniel said it was a key for something, we just have to find out for what"

Jack starred at her unsure of what decision to make. Seeing the determined look on his team-mates' faces, he knew he wouldn't stand a chance.

"fine, we're staying today, if we haven't found anything interesting, we're leaving first hour in the morning" he made sure everyone understood him and he nod.

SG-1 prepared themselves for the day and started walking through the trees. They walk slowly, Teal'c and Daniel walking in front, Sam and Jack behind.

Jack look at Sam next to him, he had to make sure she wasn't too tired to walk on this very humid day.

Daniel's voice brought him back to reality, as he saw him standing in front of a tunnel built in the ground.

Suddenly, Sam had a vision from her dream, it was the same tunnel she saw in her dream. She backed away abruptly and put her hands on each side of her head.

"Carter?" Jack said worriedly and put his hands on her back to steady her "are you ok?"

"sir, this tunnel, I think it's leading to some sort of... library..."

Daniel frowned in confusion "what are you saying, Sam? You've been here before?"

"no, I drea... I just know it" she corrected, simply because she knew they would find it hard to believe her if she would say that she dreamt about it.

Jack sigh, mission like this where he had to make plenty of decision was annoying him. Looking towards the tunnel, he look back at Sam "is there any danger?"

"I don't no, sir" she said truthfully and he nod. He took out his flashlight and opened it "ok, we're going in. Stay close and keep your radio on in case"

The rest of SG-1 nod and also opened their flashlights and prepared themselves to go in.

"ok, campers let's move out!"

Finally, SG-1 walked in the tunnel carefully, and alerted to any signs of danger. The tunnel was very dark, and very dusty. Insects had found home among the numerous rocks attached to the tunnel's walls. Daniel noticed several inscriptions written along the wall, most of them was writtings and some of it was drawings.

They arrived in a large wooden room, and at then end was a golden door as the entrance to another room. Jack mentionned to Teal'c to help him, and they both pushed the door, forcing it to oppened itself up.

After several attempts, they finally arrived to open it up wide enough for them to pass through. Looking inside with his flashlight, Jack look around the next room. He was surprise to see that Sam had been right about it to be a library.

"ok, looks safe enough" he said and walk in.

They all look around the room, none of them could miss the pleasure and excitement in Daniel's eyes.

"this is amazing" he said in disbelief and walk around.

Teal'c walk towards several table, where some ancients old book layed in dust.

Sam stayed at the entrance, she couldn't bring herself to believe that she was right. How could she known about this place? Mystica was starting to be more than just an ordianry planet, he was almost alive itself.

Daniel picked up a book from a table and opened it. He saw several pictures in color, and some small writtings beneath them.

"we may be able to find something concerning the symbol on Sam's palm in one of these books" he informed them.

"fine, we'll stay here for a couple of hours" Jack said and continued to look around the room. It was dusty, it had been closed for God knows how long so the air was still old. There was pictures on the wall, the largest one was on the main wall. It was a large circle with flames all around it, like it was some sort of sun. Within the circle, was a triangle and in the middle was the same symbol that was on Sam's palm.

Turning around, he called out for Sam "Carter, what don't you come here for a sec!" Sam look up by hearing her name and walk towards her CO.

"sir?"

Jack nod and pointed towards the image on the wall "in the middle, it looks like your symbol, doesn't it?"

Sam look down at the palm of her hand and nod "yes, sir, you're right"

They look at each other confuse and then they look around to find an explication for it.

Meanwhile, Teal'c had found a book that took his attention. It was a large book, it's cover was brown and there was a circle and a triangle in it on the cover.

He opened it slowly, dusting off the dirt and look what it hold inside. Mostly it was only writtings, but around the end of the book, was a picture, it was a woman. Teal'c gasp as he saw her, she was identical to the one he saw in the woods last night.

Below the picture, was written something but couldn't find the meaning. Looking up, he started to search for Daniel. Spotting him further in the room, he walk towards him quickly.

"Daniel Jackson, I need your assistance for a short moment"

"sure, Teal'c, what is it?"

Teal'c showed him the picture "what is written below this picture"

Daniel read it slowly at first then nod to himself "yes, I know that. It's written protect is your duty"

Teal'c stayed quiet for awhile, those words had been told to him by someone before. Daniel frowned in concern by his silence "Teal'c, are you ok?"

Teal'c snap out of his thoughts and thanked Daniel for his assistance, then walk back to where he was before.

Daniel struggled and turned back his attention to the book he was reading. As he turned the next page, he was stunned to see in big drawing the symbol on Sam's palm. This place will definitely be the place to know what it was.

Looking at the next page, he saw some sort of defenition. Smiling to himself, he started translating. He read word by word and wrote on a seperate piece of paper the meaning of it. The text was three pages long and he had recreated the drawings.

Jack found a few torches attached to the walls, he took out his matches and light them up. Everyone look up and could now see the entire room without just the flashlights.

"wow, this place is bigger than I thought" Daniel said and turned back his attention to his book.

Sam spotted a chest at the end of the room. Curious, she made her way towards it and look at it carefully. As she touched the handle, she heard a voice all around her, making her back away quickly from the chest.

Sam look around to see if anyone had seen her, and was relieved that no one did. Looking back at the chest, she stepped closer once again, this time there was no voice. Shaking her head slightly, thinking she might had imagined the whole thing, she pulled it open.

She frowned in confusion as she saw a red velvet, and there was something in it. Pulling it out of the chest, she put it gently on the table near her and openned it.

She saw a book, it was brown but had several golden decorations around it. In the middle was a golden eye, and a strap to keep the book closed. She lift up the strap and opened the book slowly and look what was inside.

There was alot of pictures, drawing and writtings, which she could read none of that. Turning on the pages, a detached piece of paper fell on the ground, she was surprise to see that it was written in english. Sitting down, she started reading it.

"The One Who Shall Read This Message Will Be Our Savior"

Sam frowned in puzzlement and look in the book, from where this message fell out from. There was a beautiful woman, in a long white dress and blue pearl in her hair. Sam starred at the picture, she had already met this woman somewhere but couldn't remember where. As she look more closely to the picture, she noticed that on the left palm, was the same marking as on her own. Suddenly, she heard the voice again, she look up and look everywhere around her. Sam started to fear this planet, something was obviously wrong with her. Sam look back down at the picture and gasp as she saw the woman's eye move to meet her own. It looked like she was crying for help, tears of blood was rolling down her face. Then, the voice was clearly heard in Sam's heard.

"do not free her, you will die if so" Sam quickly dropped the book on the floor and backed away quickly. She was scared out of her mind and didn't know what to do.

Jack, who was standing closer to her, called out for her "Carter?" but still Sam didn't took her eye off the book. Now, the picture had returned silent once again, leaving a very confused and scared Sam.

Daniel and Teal'c look up when they didn't hear her reply. Jack and Daniel made eye contact and Jack walk towards Sam. He put a hand on her shoulder and Sam jumped slightly and turned to look at him.

"Carter, are you ok?" he ask again, concerned.

Sam nod slowly and look briefly at the book, before returning her gaze to him "yes, sir.. I'm ok now"

Jack nod and put his hand on her back, leading her towards the others "calm down a little, Carter, you're tired" Sam nod and they walk towards Teal'c and Daniel.

"Carter, to tell you the truth, you don't look so good. Maybe we should head back to the stargate and let the doc check you out"

"sir, we can't do that!" Sam interfered quickly.

"Jack, you can't be serious" Daniel said in disbelief.

Jack look at Daniel "of course I am serious Daniel! we don't know what's wrong with her and we ain't know nothin' about what she has on her hand"

"that's the deal, Jack, we must find out. Mystica is the only place that knows the answer"

"Daniel, she may be sick! For crying out loud! take a look at her, we've been on this forsaken planet for two days now, and it looks like she's getting sicker every minute!"

"Jack! you seem to be missing the point here. Sam is the key for something, and it must be something big too"

"Daniel, you're the one missing the point! I won't let Carter die because you think she's some sort of key to something. The only important thing right now, is to make sure she's not in danger!"

The room fell silent, everyone was tensed and nervous. Sam stood up and said quietly "I'm gonna take a walk, be right back" and left. Jack also stood up "I'm going with her, keep your radio on" and followed his 2IC.

"hey, Carter!!" he called out for her and sprint towards her.

"mind if I join you?" he ask.

Sam shook her head and they walk outside of the tunnel. Jack look at Sam next to him "so" he started.

"so?"

"want to tell me what's wrong?"

Sam sigh "everything is wrong, I'm turning nuts! I hear voices and see things!" she closed her eyes tightly and sat against a tree.

"I've been hearing those voices in my head or around me, it's like their warning me about something but I don't know what"

"are you sure you don't want to head back to the stargate?" Jack tried again. Sam look at him and smiled at his concern "no, sir, I need to know what's wrong with me. And I don't want to be declared insane either"

"I doubt this will ever be the case" Mystica troubled Jack to no end, it did something to Sam and no one knew why and what. He was in great concern for her, she was acting strangely for the past two days, well since they noticed the marking on her palm. He just hoped that they'll clear everything out before they could go back on earth, so everything would be fine there.

Meanwile, Teal'c was looking through Daniel's notes, in hope to find something about the woman he saw the other night. She was a complete mystery to him, and her beauty was rare.

Daniel learned alot more about the symbol on Sam's hand, and he made several alarming discoveries too. He promised himself that when he will finish translating this last piece of paper, he will tell his friends about his discoveries.

After awhile, Sam and jack walk back to the tunnel, where Teal'c and Daniel were.

"Jack?" Daniel called out for him as he saw them walking through the door. Jack look up immediatly to him.

"yes?"

"I found something" Jack was relieved to hear him say that, but by the look on his face, it didn't look so good. Nodding, Sam and Jack walk towards him.

"ok, I must warn you that not everything I'm gonna say will sound positive, most of all my discoveries is kinda..."

"we are warned, Daniel Jackson" Teal'c cut him off, wanting to hear the stories.

Daniel nod and started talking about the translation "I found a book among many others, that seems to be a diary of one of Mystica's villagers"

"did you translate it yet?" asked Sam.

"yes I did, hear this..."

Daniel started telling the story...

"Three suns ago, a very beautiful but yet strange woman walked through the Circle of the Stars. She claimed that her planet have been destroyed by some evil forces and she has no place to go. Our leader, Achenar, had proposed to this stranger a home among our village. Since then, our people suffered several illnesses. Some of the villagers said that they have seen her practicing the spell of the sacred Fire...."

"what's the spell of the sacred Fire?" Jack interrupted Daniel.

"it's like black magic, Jack" Daniel said and continued reading.

"it has been now seven suns since the strange woman have walked among our lands. My child has an illness, he is dying and we cannot do nothing to help him. I have talked to Achenar about our situation and the strange woman, but he did not wish to talk to me.

The next sun, my son died of his illness. My wife was in tears as my youngest daughter also. I finally had the courage to walk accross the village and talk to the stranger. She had warmly accepted me into her house, but I felt a very unpleasant spirit living within her chamber. I immediatly left her house and never came back.

Two suns later, my daughter turned sick. She is only two full circle old, it is too young to die. My wife and I cried all night, praying for our child to live through this killing illness. The next morning, we found our daughter lifeless laying in her bed.

Three suns later, my wife could not live without our children, I have found her in our garden, where we had buried our children, lifeless holding a rose and a note between her fingers.

The note says :" I am sorry husband to leave you in such short notice. I could not bear our children's death, so I have taken my own life so I can be with them once again. I will see you in the heavens when your time will come, I will always love you, Rachella"

"half of my village did not survive the mysterious illness, only the strange woman seemed to be still in great health. Achenar's wife and only son died shortly after my wife, it was only then that he sent his troup to search for the stranger. She was meant to be executed that day.

Unfortunatly, Achenar's troup have not found the woman, she has left her home. It was only when the moon arrived, she appeared among our people once again, I cannot explain this unusual appearance, she has just appeared from the sky, like magic.

This woman then named herself Raven, and she will take possession of our planet. She started reciting words in which the language is unknown to me, and our beautiful sky turned dark, our water slowly dissapeared from our view, and animals vanished from the surface.

Raven stayed on Mystica for four suns, until another unknown yet beautiful woman appeared. It appears that she was protecting us, she had never said her name, but defended us will all her strenght. She vanished Raven and turned her into a statue made out of rock. As I walk towards this unknown woman, she had called out my name and smiled, then she dissapeared without leaving a trace.

I knew I had no chance to live now that we no longer had water or food, so I unburried my wife and children, and went hiding beneath my house, in my secret chamber. I stayed there, having nothing to eat and nothing to drink. I heard the pleading screams of my injured friends and neighbours as they cried for help, but I could not help them. I knew it was the end of our lives, it was no use to fight what was already dissapeared. I closed my eyes and gave myself to the heavens, where I can now be with my family once again and be happy. Lloyd."

SG-1 stayed silent for awhile, not believing what Daniel had just read. Now that they knew the cause of the dissapearance of Mystica's lifeform, they needed to know who was Raven.

"that's preatty sad as you say" Sam commented.

"who is Raven?" asked Jack.

Daniel nod slowly and took out another piece of paper "I didn't get alot of information about her, all we know she's some sort of witch. Oh! and she also possesses a marking on her right palm. They say that the one who will have both markings on both hands will be the one who will control time itself" Sam look down at her marking on her hand and look up.

"she got stoned to death?"

"yeah, the 'unknown' woman turned her into a statue, we don't know where it is now"

Teal'c started talking "later last night, while I was standing guard, I saw a glowing light between the trees. I did not know what it was and I walk towards it. As I reached it, I could tell it was a woman, a young and beautiful woman. At first contact of our palm, I heard a voice saying "Protect is your duty" and then everything dissapeared without leaving a single trace of life. As I came back to camp, O'neill told me that I had been gone for nearly three hours"

"can you describe this woman, Teal'c?"

"certainly, major Carter. She had long blond hair, with two very blue shinning eyes, and was dressed in a long white dress..."

"and had a thin golden ring surrounding her head" Sam finished.

"this is correct, major Carter"

Sam quickly stood up and went to pick up the book she had dropped on the floor earlier, and came back to the others.

"could this be her?" she ask as she showed him a picture.

"yes, it is her" he answered affirmatively.

At that moment, Jack sigh. It was really starting to get hotter in there, since the air wasn't circuling enough.

"ok, kids, bring what you'll need, we're leaving this place"

They nod and packed everything up in their back pack and headed towards the exit of the tunnel.

"you know, this is truly amazing. Look at all those writtings on the walls"

Jack silently roll his eyes and murmured "scientists" this comment didn't go unnoticed by Sam, who glared at him. Jack smiled and struggled innocently at her. Once they were out of the tunnel, they found the air preatty confortable "God this feels good"

SG-1 stayed there for a moment, relaxing before walking again through the forest of Mystica. Several minutes later, Jack stood up and smiled to the others "ok, kids, let's go! We want to arrive somewhere before night-fall"

With no protest, SG-1 stood up and started walking through out the forest. Now, because of the sun, it was much easier to look between the trees than yesterday. Daniel was walking in front of the others while reading his notes. Sure he had translated almost everything, but he didn't formulate them in correct phrases.

They walk like this for several hours, until they finally reached where the village was located on Mystica. A very beautiful sight was awaiting for them. The village was large, and in the middle on the village, was standing several high pyramids and temples. Several of the villagers' houses stayed intact, but most of them were covered by vines or had been destroyed. At the end of the village, was several high mountains and valleys. The forest surrounded the village, was making the sight look more peaceful.

"this is beautiful" Daniel breathed. Slowly afterwards, they started walking down the hill that was leading to the village. They walk in and look around with a careful eye "this must be the main village" said Daniel and walk in one of the houses.

Jack and Teal'c walk in different houses, looking around the village. Sam walk towards the middle of the village and saw a statue standing still, made out of rock "Raven, could it be?" she said to herself and look at it carefully. She touched it and found it very hot like it was on fire, she withdrew her hand quickly, thinking that this might be because of the sun.

She turned around when she saw her team-mates walking towards her "whatcha found, Carter?" Jack ask her as he saw the statue behind her.

"Daniel, do you think that this might be Raven?" Sam ask him and look back at the statue. Daniel walk next to her and look around the statue and nod "yes, it could be... this is amazing" he said to himself.

"what is, Daniel? that witch killed an entire village!" Jack stated.

"yes, but we have proof that magic actually exist"

"and we have proof that she's the one who killed the villagers" Daniel look at Jack, but got interrupted as Jack raised an eyebrow, telling him to stay quiet.

Sam look up at the sky and noticed that the sun was about to go down in just a matter of minutes.

"sir, we might have to get ready for the night. Sun is about to get down"

"major Carter is right, O'neill. We must search woods for the fire"

Jack nod and pointed to Teal'c "Teal'c and I are going to get some woods, you guys stay here" Sam and Daniel nod and watched them leave. Daniel turned to look at Raven, then back at Sam.

"we better start making camp before the guys are coming back" Sam started before he could start talking about Raven and magic. He nod without protest and they started making camp.

"O'neill, since we have enterred the village, an unconfortable presence has disturbed me"

"what is it?"

"I do not know, O'neill, but I am certain it has something to do with the statue Raven" Jack look at him for several seconds and nod "anyway, were off for thing in the morning"

Teal'c nod and they walk through the forest and find some wood.

Once the camp was finished, Daniel was sitting in front of Raven and Sam was further away. Daniel opened the book that Sam had found earlier in the chest and started reading. He frowned in confusion and turned another page and another.

"what the...?" he said slowly and closed the book. He put it in front of him and called out for Sam.

"Sam, I need you here for a minute!"

Sam walk towards him "yes, Daniel, what's wrong?"

"I was looking at the book you found earlier in the chest, and I noticed that everything written had been invented. They don't mean anything at all. The only thing that I could translate is the few words on the cover"

"what are they saying?"

"Ummm.. Necropathia. It means to contact the spirits of the deceased"

Suddenly, the book flew wide open and the pages started turning quickly all by themselves. Daniel and Sam were shicked but stayed close to it.

The book finally stopped turning pages and stopped on a page where it was written in english. Daniel and Sam shared a shocked look and Daniel took the book in his hands and started reading was what written.

"Demons dreaming
Breath in-Breath in
You shall come at once again
awake from the dead
Come back to me and I'll spare you pain"

Sam frowned in confusion and looked at Daniel, before she could say anything, the ground started tembling violently. Daniel and Sam were throwned harshly against the ground, and the book flied at Raven's feet. The wind started blowing harder and encircled Raven. A long crack was seen along her side and without warning all the rocks surrounding her exploded into million pieces, and a very bright orange light was shot towards the sky and a loud scream was heard.

Raven was free. She looked really evil, long black hair, with pure yellow eyes and a black lipstick.

Jack and Teal'c quickly turned around and saw a bright orange light shot to the sky and a loud screamings.

"what was that?!" Jack exclaimed and took out his gun.

"Daniel Jackson and major Carter might be in danger, O'neill" Teal'c said and look at Jack. They nod to each other and ran towards the camp site.

Raven finished stretching herself and gaze down at Daniel and Sam on the ground.

"you have awaken me" she acknowledge and smiled dangerously to them "but I am sorry, I cannot let you live"

Before Daniel could formulate any correct phrases, Raven waved her hand towards them, sending an invisible force that throwned them further away.

Daniel cried out in pain as he fell against his arm, braking it. Sam pushed herself from the groung and limped towards him "Daniel? come on, talk to me"

She roll Daniel on to his back and couldn't miss the pain in his blue eyes "hurt" he moaned in pain and grabbed his arm. Sam nod and look up as she saw Jack and Teal'c running towards them.

"holly shit!!" Jack gasp as he saw Raven further away from Sam and Daniel.

"sir, Daniel..." before she could finish, Raven interrupted her. With a hand signal, she seperated Sam from the others by pulling her towards her.

"Carter!!" Jack shouted and kneel in front of Daniel.

Raven throwed Sam on the ground and walk around her "you have the making on your palm"

Sam stood up and watched her carefully every move she was doing.

"you will not stop me from conquering what is mine"

"Oh! and what exactly is yours?" Sam ask, not intimidated by her. Raven stopped in front of her and smiled "everything" she said softly.

Jack watched everything and didn't like the way this was heading. Turning to look at Teal'c "we gotta get out of here!"

"Daniel Jackson is injured, O'neill" Teal'c replied and gaze down to Daniel laying on the ground.

"Daniel!" Jack called out "are you capable of running?" Jack ask him. Daniel slowly opened his eyes and nod slowly to him "yeah, I guess"

Jack nod and they stood up "ok, Teal'c bring Daniel into the woods when I'll say run. Meanwhile, I'll take their attention so you can hide, clear?" he ask, and both of them nod.

"be careful, Jack" Daniel said and he and Teal'c prepared themselves to sprint into the forest. Jack turned towards Raven and Sam and held out his weapon. Breathing deeply, he ordered "run!!" Teal'c and Daniel immediatly started running towards the woods. Raven look at them abruptly and smiled dangerously "you will not escape from me!" she shouted and with a violent wave of her hand, she throwed Teal'c towards Jack, while Daniel had managed to enter the woods just in time.

"Teal'c!!" Jack shouted and started shooting towards Raven. Raven screamed a lift both her hands and suddenly Sam and her was surrounding by fire. Jack quickly covered his face with his hands from the high dangerous flames.

"O'neill!!" Teal'c yelled and ran towards her. Jack drew his hands from his face and starred at the fire before him.

Sam look everywhere around her, but she only saw fire. Returning her gaze to Raven, she found her looking at her and started smiling.

"you haven't won yet, Raven!" Sam shouted at her. Even though she was scared as hell, she knew she had to face up with her.

"as long as I don't have your marking on my left palm, you will not leave my curse"

Sam look down at the marking on her left palm and realised that this was half the key to control time. Determined to never let Raven near her marking, she look up and caught gaze with Raven.

"as long as I don't have *your* marking on my right palm, I'm not going anywhere"

Raven sigh and took a step forward "then, we shall fight"

Sam didn't had time to think on what kind of fight she was getting into, she was too preocupied on not letting her take possession of her marking and time.

Noticing Raven walking towards her, Sam decided to walk towards her too. They meet up face to face and lift their hands until both markings touched each other.

A violent force that either Raven nor Sam had been prepared for, caught the two unprepared and a twister surrounded them quickly. Without letting go of their hands, they starred at each other. A bright light was seen and suddenly the world started spinning. Thunderstorms and lightning was seen and heard all around the twister.

Teal'c took Jack by the arm and ran towards the woods, where Daniel were. Daniel saw them running and look at the twister in the middle of the village.

"where's Sam?" Daniel shouted through the noise. Jack didn't answered and starred at the twister in shock.

"there, Daniel Jackson" Teal'c replied and pointed at the twister starting to grow bigger and bigger. Daniel didn't reply to him and spoke softly "they'll go through time"

"what?!" Jack yelled.

"through time, now both markings are reunited, they control time itself. But, only one of them will come out alive" Jack shot Daniel a deadly look before returning his gaze to the twister.

Suddenly, a force shield in shape of a bubble surrounded Sam and Raven and grew bigger, and started surrounded the rest of SG-1.

Time slowled down without Daniel, Teal'c nor Jack could have known. All their surroundings were being slowled down into slow motion, only Raven and Sam appeared to have noticed that.

"we are between present and past, and only one of us will walk out of here alive" Raven shouted furiously, and hit Sam across the face, sending her on the ground. Sam pushed herself off the ground and kicked Raven across her jaw "I already told you, Raven, you will not win this fight"

Raven stood up once again, angriness was clearly visible through her yellow eyes "then, neither will you"

Just in time, they both lift their hands where they had the markings, and a sudden blue aura fired from Sam's hand and a red aura fired from Raven's hand. The two forces colapsed against each other and a loud noise was heard.

"you will not survive!!" Raven yelled and concentrated on her weapon. Sam didn't speak and concentrated on her own weapon. Suddenly, a voice was heard through Sam's mind "your mind is your weapon"

Sam gaze down briefly to her team-mates in slow motion 'your mind is your weapon' she thought. And suddenly, she saw several images snapping in her mind. It was only a few seconds later, that she knew it was the fate her friends and her will suffer if she didn't won that fight. It was images of pure torture and violence. Shaking her head, Sam look at Raven in the eyes and shook her head slightly.

"never gonna happen" she whispered and screamed as she fired quickly towards Raven and hit her unprepared on the stomach. She screamed in pain and fell on the floor "noooo!"

Sam breathed evilly and lowered her hand slowly. Raven tried to stand up and held her bloodied stomach with a hand "you have not won!!" she screamed. A light surrounded Raven and suddenly she dissapeared into the thin air.

Sam sigh and look around her, nothing has changed, she was still caught between both time of the past and the one of the present. Looking down at her hands, she noticed she had both markings on both hands. Smiling to herself, she lift her hands above her head and clapped them together tightly.

A strong light appeared and started spining above Sam. She saw time pass by before her eyes, the only person who wasn't moving was herself. Suddenly, it stopped thousands of years before the present time. Opening her eyes, she saw hundreds of people crying out for help.

"the villagers" she whispered in disbelief. A man walk towards her and bow "please tell us your name" he pleaded. Sam look around her and spotted Raven as a statue made out of rock.

"I returned in time, this is when she turned Raven into a statue made out of rock" looking down at herself, she gasp as she saw she was dressed into a long white dress, blue pearls in her hair, a thin golden ring surrounded her long blond hair "it was me" she breathed in disbelief "the woman on the picture, it was me"

Looking quickly towards Raven made out of rock, she smiled softly "no, you are wrong, Raven. I won" and kicked her hard against her stomach, breaking her in pieces. Without warning, the villagers started to cry happilly has their sky returned blue and water filled their ocean.

A man walk towards her, next to him was a young woman and two children were standing by her. The man smiled at Sam "thank you, now me and my family can live a long and happy life"

Sam smiled once last time and thought 'Lloyd and rachella' before Sam was brought back into time. Images of what had happened when SG-1 meet Raven were completly erased, like it never existed. And within a matter of seconds, she was laying on her back, on the ground.

The three members of SG-1 ran towards Sam. For them, the minutes where Sam stayed in the past, was just seconds for them.

"Carter!" Jack shouted and knelt next to his 2IC "Carter, wake up"

Sam slowly opened her eyes and look at her team-mates smiling down at her and sighing in relief.

"Sam, how was it?" Daniel ask her about her time in the past. Sam hadn't had time to reply, when they heard voices and shouts coming from behind them. Sam stood up and everyone turned around to see what it was.

"who are you?!!" one of the several people ask SG-1. Daniel and the others turned to look at Sam, who took a step forward "we're peaceful travellers coming from the planet earth, we mean you no harm"

Daniel and Jack smiled at each other and immediatly knew that Sam had won the fight with Raven and saved the villagers from Mystica thousands of years ago from the attack by Raven.

One of the man smiled at them and took at step forwards "then you are welcomed on mystica, I am named Lloyd Junior and please follow us"

Teal'c bow his head and look at Sam in front of him "congradulation, major Carter" he said and followed Lloyd Junior towards their village.

Daniel smiled at her "wow, Sam. You did it!" he said excited and quickly ran towards Teal'c.

Sam smiled and look at her CO standing next to her. Jack look at her and smiled "you just gotta tell me what happened back there" he said, and Sam smiled widely.

"of course, sir, I will. But for now, we have to meet up with the villagers"

Jack nod and they both walk together towards where Daniel and Teal'c left with the villagers. This will be in fact, a very interresting debriefing when they'll return to earth. But for now, they had a meeting with an ancient race.

The END

Third story OUF!!

Anyway, I need feedbacks once again, because I can't work without them. Thank you everyone who sent me feedbacks for my last fan fic, I was kinda really surprised that that much fans liked it:)

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Tropical