Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Sammie

by Joanna
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Sammie

Sammie

by Joanna

TITLE: Sammie
AUTHOR: Joanna
EMAIL: sichelmond@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Epilogue (to The Curse), S/J, D/J
SPOILERS: The Curse, WoO
SEASON / SEQUEL:
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: male/female relationship
SUMMARY: Daniel must deal with Sarah's secret, and it has got some conseqences for Sam and Jack, too.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: FEEDBACK PLEASE! Oh, and I don't remember Sarah's family name (did they told us what it was anyway?), so forgive me, I have made up one.

Daniel went back into the kitchen, where Janet was cooking todays dinner. Daniel invited his friends to his flat, and asked Janet to help him with the cooking. Teal'c and Jack arrived twenty minutes before, and soon Sam appeared, too. Now the guests were sitting in the living room. Sam and Jack were playing chess, Teal'c and Cassie were talking about Rya'c. Cassie wanted to know him, and was asking Teal'c to bring him to Earth once. Teal'c said, that he would like to, but they will need General Hammond's permission. Cassie smiled at him confidently.

" I will ask him" she said resolutely.

" General Hammond?" Jack asked her.

" Of course. Maybe, he gives his permission, if I'm asking him."

" Maybe" Jack nodded, grinning.

" Sir, you'd better watch out, your rook is in danger."

" Really, Major?" Jack was looking at the board, and took Sam's second knight.

" Uh, sir, this wasn't kind" she said complaining.

" Well, chess is not about kindness, Major Carter. Do you wish to give up?"

" No, sir" Sam shook her head, and looking at the board, she was thinking about a solution.

Suddenly the flat-phone rang, and Daniel hurried out of the kitchen to pick up.

" There is someone, who wants to you, Dr Jackson."

" Who is it, James?"

" A certain Mrs Madison."

" I have never heard about her."

" She is here with a child."

" Oh, then, please, send them up."

" Yes, Dr Jackson."

Daniel took back the receiver, and stayed still for a moment, then shook his head.

" Who is it?" Jack asked.

" A Mrs Madison. I have never heard this name before. But she is here with a child, so I let them up."

" I think, they are here" Teal'c said, after the knocking on the door.
Daniel went open the door, and everybody in the living room became quiet. Even Janet came out of the kitchen to see, what's wrong.

" Good evening, Dr Jackson" the elderly woman greeted Daniel politely. " I have to apologize for disturbing you in this hour, but our plane was delayed."

" Please, come in" Daniel invited her in. As the woman stepped aside, a little girl appeared behind her back. She didn't dare to look up, and wasn't willing to enter Daniel's home.

" C'mon, darling" Mrs Madison bent down to her. " You don't have to worry, these are nice people."

The little girl, with the blond, curly hair, nodded, and shyly walked in. She stood there, and seemed completely lost. Sam went to her, and knelt down in front of her.

" You have nothing to fear, honey" she whispered. " Look, there is Cassie" she pointed towards Cassandra. The little one looked up, and earned a gasp from Sam. She was beautiful. And those eyes! From behind her glasses, the child looked at Cassie, and nodded. She let Sam to take her coat, and went to the coach, where Cassie and Jack was sitting.

" Hi" Jack greeted her with a smile. " What's your name?"

" Sammie" came the quiet response.

" Sammie, as in Samantha?" Jack asked back, and Sammie nodded.

" My name is Samantha, too" Sam said to her, and Sammie's eyes widened in surprise.

Meanwhile Daniel was standing next to Mrs Madison, and helped her out of her coat. He couldn't get rid of the idea, that he should knew this little girl. They were looking at how Sammie took place between Jack and Cassie, then Mrs Madison turned to him.

" Dr Jackson, can we speak in private?"

" Of course" Daniel nodded, still looking at Sammie. He shook his head to clear his mind, and led Mrs Madison to his study room. Mrs Madison looked around, and smiled.

" What can I do for you, Mrs Madison?" Daniel asked her curiously.

" I'm the Principal of the Mary Anderson School for Girls."

" Is Sammie attending this school?"

" Yes, since this September. Her mother died, and nobody came for her. Two days ago, a certain Dr Lewinson paid me a visit, and brought Ms Sarah Willow's testament. In this testament, Ms Willow named you, as the father of Sammie, and wanted you to became her guardian, and gave her permission, so that you could adopt Sammie later. Mr Lewinson could not come, so I offered my help."

Daniel was sitting in his chair, and had only one in mind. He became father, wihout even knowing about it.

" Are you sure, that I'm her father?" he asked.

" You don't want her?" Mrs Madison was surprised.

" Of course I want her!" Daniel jumped up from his chair, and began pacing up and down in front of Mrs Madison. " But I wanna be sure, that this is really true, before..."

" Before you will begin to like her?"

" Yes" Daniel nodded.

" I see" Mrs Madison nodded. " Here is the copy of the testament. The original is in Dr Lewinson's office."

Daniel took the paper, and read it over. He looked up, and smiled at Mrs Madison.

" And what about Sammie?" his face darkened.

" She knew about you" Mrs Madison said plainly.

" Really?" Daniel asked astonished.

" Yes" she nodded. " Ms Willow told her your name, and where are you living, and what are you doing. Sammie told me everything about you on the plane."

" Really?" Daniel was surprised. " Oh, where is your school?" he asked, almost in panic.

" In Connecticut."

" Oh..." Daniel forgot to breath for a moment.

" You should ask her, Dr Jackson."

***

Daniel and Mrs Madison went back to the living room. Sammie was leaning on her elbows over Sam's left thigh, and was observing the game. Sam invited her to help her before. Sammie said, that she didn't know the rules for this game, but was interested in looking on.

" Who wins?" Daniel asked them.

" Jack" Sammie announced.

" Really?" Daniel asked back.

" Yes, Sam is not paying enough attention, because she is worried about you. Every now and then she looked at the door of your room" came the response from Cassie.

" She don't have to be worried about me" Daniel said to Cassie, looking at Sam.

" Dinner is ready" Janet announced.

" Mrs Madison, would you like to stay for dinner?" Daniel asked her.

" I'm sorry, but my plane is going back in two hours. This is the last plane, and I have to be in Connecticut tomorrow."

" I see" Daniel nodded. " I'll call you a taxi."

" Thank you, Dr Jackson."
Mrs Madison was away, after the taxi arrived ten minutes later. While dinner Sammie sat between Jack and Daniel, and was talking with Daniel about Egypt.

" It was last summer I was there, I was only five, but I still can remember on something. Sarah was..."

" Sarah?" Daniel asked her.

" My mother. I have called her Sarah, she told me that. We have always said, that I were her little sister."

After dinner Daniel and Sammie left the others, and went into Daniel's study-room.

" Sammie?"

" Yes?" she asked back, looking at him, her eyes filled with unshed tears.

" You can stay here with me" Daniel said plainly, suddenly remembering all his fears and doubts, after his parents were dead.

" Really?"

" Yes. Sammie, there is one thing, we should speak about. I know from Mrs Madison, that her school is in Connecticut. But I live here, and if you would like, you could go to school here, in Colorado Springs."

" Yes."

" Don't you like Mrs Madison's school?"

" No" she shook her head. " It was terrible, all the girls were laughing at me."

" Well, I cannot promise you, that the girls won't be laughing at you, but certainly we would be here. You will have always friends. Cassie, Sam, Jack, Janet and Teal'c. And of course, your Dad will be here, too."

" My... Dad?"

" Me. If you want, you can call me Dad. If not, call me Daniel. But I would rather prefer Dad."

" My Dad" she whispered, and then went and hugged him tight. Daniel hugged her back, and led her to the living room. Janet was sitting now between Jack and Cassie, Sam sat across them, next to Teal'c. They were talking quietly.

" What about Christmas?" Cassie asked Teal'c. " You could bring him home for Christmas."

" Home?" Janet asked her daughter.

" Earth is home for Teal'c, or at least I hope so" Cassie said, looking at Teal'c observely.

" Yes, it is" Teal'c nodded. " Everytime I'm there, I'm trying to convince Drey'auc to move to Earth, but everytime she refuses."

" Why?"

" I don't know" he shook his head.

At this point Daniel and Sammie stepped into the living room.

" People, I would like you to meet my daughter" he announced.

" Sammie is your daughter?" Jack asked him astonished.

" Well, sir, haven't you noticed her eyes?" Janet asked him. " I knew it from the very first moment on."

" Me too" Sam nodded, and Jack looked at Cassie.

" Sure, me too."

" Me too, O'Neill" Teal'c announced, and Jack finally turned to Sammie.

" Well, Sammie, welcome home" he said, and looked his 'family' around.

****

Daniel waved from the door-frame to Jack and Teal'c good-bye, Sammie was standing by his side. Sam went home five minutes earlier, suddenly remembering, that she had got something important to do. Daniel asked Janet and Cassie stay, till Sammie got in bed. After the elevetor's door was shut again, they went back, and found Janet and Cassie in the kitchen, cleaning up the mess.

" Janet, you don't have to do this!"

" But I'd like to do this" Janet retorted.

" And I cannot allow you to do this. You have helped me cooking dinner, and I'm grateful for that, but I cannot allow you to clean up. Please, come out of the kitchen. Cassie, tell your mother, that you don't want to clean up."

" Mom, I don't want to clean up, I'd rather speak with Sammie a bit."

" Okay, hun" Janet gave in. " You could show Sammie around, while Daniel and me finish here."

Daniel sighed, Janet smiled triumphantly, and the two kids disappeared in the next moment.

" Janet..." Daniel began, but was interrupted.

" Believe me, Daniel. Tomorrow you won't have the time for this. Sammie is here, and you have to manage her life."

" You are, of course, right" Daniel nodded, lifting up the dishtowel. " Thank you, Janet" he leaned closer, and placed a kiss on her cheek.

" Well, if you want, I could help you. I went through this, after I have adopted Cassie."

" Thank you" Daniel put down the dishtowel, and took Janet's hand in his. " Janet" he wanted to began, but he wasn't able to express his feelings properly. He pulled her in his embrace, and lowered his head. Janet's gaze met his, and Daniel saw there something, something, that he wanted to see so desparetely. His lips touched hers, and Janet placed her arms around his neck, in this way deepening the kiss. Some times after they broke apart, but Daniel's gaze held Janet's eyes captive.

" I love you" he whispered.
Janet's eyes became filled with tears, but her face was radiating, and her smile made Daniel hope.

" I love you" she whispered back, and as a response Daniel pulled her in his embrace again.

" As much I really enjoy this, I have to warn you, that we have two kids around, Daniel."

" I know" he nodded seriously.

" Daniel, I'm happy. Don't worry about this, you could tell her later. First things first, and the important one is Sammie."

" You three are important to me" Daniel confessed. " Can I call you back, after our kids are in bed?" he asked her pleadingly.

" Of course" Janet nodded, grinning.

" Then I suppose, I should put my daughter in bed" Daniel said. " I will finish this, Janet. Cassie has got school tomorrow."

" Yes, I guess, we have to go home."
Cassie reluctantly took her coat, and followed her mom out of Daniel's flat. Daniel and Sammie standing in the door, waved them good-bye, and Cassie promised to come over tommorow after school. While waiting for the elevator, Janet's and Daniel's gaze met once again, speaking volumes about their feelings for each other. Of course Cassie did notice their silent agreement, and on their way home, Janet had to make some confessions.

****

After Sam arrived back home, she coudn't hold back the tears anymore. Of course she had nothing important to do, but it hurt so much, seeing Daniel with Sammie, Janet with Cassie, and hearing Teal'c, speaking about Rya'c proudly. Sometimes she saw the pain on Jack's face, too. But he could show his pain. He had got Charlie. And she? She was never supposed to be mother. Oh she wanted, but the others couldn't know this. For them she looked like, she wanted to spend her life around her dohickeys. And now it became more impossible to became mother, 'coz the man, she wanted to be the father of her children was the only one, she couldn't have a relationship with. She felt so much pity for herself. She sat down on her sofa, and switched on the TV, but of course, she didn't even notice, what was on. Soon she cried herself into sleep, wrapped into a blanket, the TV still on. Two hours later something made her startle out of her sleep. It was a knock on her door. She thought, maybe Janet could have noticed her real feelings, and came over to see after her. She stood up, mumbling something, that was impossible to understand, standing outside. Finally she reached the door, and opened it.

" Sir" she said surprised, fully awaken by now.

" Sorry, you were sleeping?" Jack asked her, while he was walking into her flat.

" Yes, but..."

Jack saw the Kleenex box standing on the desk, before the sofa, and all the crumpled tissues, soaked with tears.

" Sam?" he turned back to see her face, and suddenly he saw the pain on it. " What's wrong?" he asked her, pulling her into a hug. Sam was trying to remove herself, but Jack held her tight.

" Tell me, Sam" he whispered, and she noticed, that he called her Sam. Twice.

" Nothing" she shook her head, and finally managed to free herself. He was the last one, she could talk about her problems.

" Well, I won't go sooner. I'll stay here, till you are telling me the truth" he said, but Sam didn't see this as a threat anyway. To have Jack here, alone with herself, for all night long... She shook her head to clear her mind, but Jack understood it, as a further denial to tell him the problem. Then something popped into her mind. 'Why was he here anyway?' After all it was 11 p.m.

" Why have you came over, sir? Is something wrong?" she asked him.

" No, Sam, everything is okay. I have talked to General Hammond, and after that, I have decided to come. Would you mind to tell me, Sam?"
There again, he called her Sam again, and this made it four this night alone. She wanted to call him Jack, too, but didn't dare. And she gave in. She could tell him, well, not the whole truth, but the main part.

" It hurt so much to see them that happy with their kids."

" I know, it hurt me, too. Although I'm really happy for them. To have a kid around is the best thing in your life" he said, his face darkened. " But that was not the whole truth, Sam."

" Yes, sir. That wasn't. I want to be a mother."

" It's convenient, because I want to be a father, too. And as I told you, I have called General Hammond before, and told him, that I quit. I cannot tell you, that he was a happy camper."

" You quit? Why?" Sam was confused.

" Because I love you, and I want you to marry me, and have a family with me."

" Jack?" she asked back unsurely.

" First step done" he grinned. " I made you to call me Jack, I take it as a good sign."

" Oh, shut up!" Sam said smiling, and placed her arms around her neck. Her gaze met his, and she nodded. " I love you, too."
Jack didn't hesitate, he lowered his head, and kissed her passionately.

" This was better, than I have ever dreamt about it" Sam confessed after the kiss was over.

" Well, I certainly knew, how is it to kiss you, but it was like a first time."

" You have not kissed me, Jack, you have kissed her, that Samantha."

" Totally wrong, sweetheart. Because I have kissed YOU, although I'm not angry, that you cannot remember."

" You have kissed ME before? When? How?"

" Well, I can show you how" he said teasingly, but her gaze held him back. " It happened before the last timeloop. I handed my application for retirement to Hammond, and while he was reading it, I have kissed you."

" In front of General Hammond?"

" Indeed, in front of the whole SGC, because it happened in the gate-
room, right in front of the gate."

" You are kidding."

" No, Sam, I'm saying the complete truth. And I have an eye-witness, Teal'c. You can call him, and ask him, if you want."

" And was it good?"

" Oh, yes" he smiled gently. " Of course it took you by surprise, but you did kiss back, and I was so happy, that you did. And now, what about my other question?"

" What kind of question?"

" Would you marry me?"

" I didn't hear this question before, Jack. You stated it, that you want me to marry you."

" Sam?"

" Of course, I want" she flung her arms around his neck again, and kissed him fiercely.

" And have a family with me?"

" Yes, I want that, too."

" Sam, you have just made me the happiest man on the world!"

" But what will you do, now you have quit?"

" Oh, I didn't tell you, that General Hammond didn't allow me to quit. He said, he saw this coming, and he had got the permission of the President. He, I mean the President, told him, that we have saved his life and the world so much before, this little happiness is not even a proper thank for us."

" So you are staying?"

" Yes, Sam, I'm staying."

" Hurray! You know, I don't wanna lose the best CO of the world."

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Joanna