Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Others, The

by Joanna
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Others

The Others

by Joanna

TITLE: The Others
AUTHOR: Joanna
EMAIL: sichelmond@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: S/J, Adventure
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: none
RATING: PG-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: male/female relationship
SUMMARY: What if there were a similar facilty as the SGC. No AU!!!
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: FEEDBACK PLEASE. I know the title sounds like if it was one of the X-files episode, but it isn't.

SG-1 was sitting in the conference room. They were waiting for General Hammond. All of them was lost in his/her thoughts. Afterten minutes Jack became impatiently and shifted in his chair. Sam got aware of his movement and looked up from the noteblock. Their gazes met. Sam nodded, she knew that Jack was bored. Suddenly the door was opened and General Hammond steepped in followed by Lt. Colonel Warren. The new leader of SG-3 had been promoted last Friday and sent to a mission on Saturday. They were on P2A-333 for three days. As the General walked in, they stood up.
" Take your seats! Lt. Colonel Warren, you can start with the briefing."
" Yes, sir" he nodded. " P2A-333 is a forested planet" he said and then paused for a while, because everybody was looking at Jack. He grinned back at them. The General didn't miss the intermezzo. Lt. Colonel Warren went on:
" After a six hours long walk through the thick forest, following a path, we reached a village."
" What kind of village?"
" I'll show you pictures, after I'll have told you everything, Dr Jackson."
" Sorry."
" Everything was quiet and at the other end of the village we had found out the reason. They were all dead."
SG-1 was shocked. They sat there in silence for a minute.
" Everybody?" Sam then asked.
" Yes, Major. But there were no children amongst them. We went to search them, thinking they could hide themselves in the forest." " Have you found them?" Sam asked.
" No. But there were lying Jaffas all around in a little clearing." " What kind of Jaffas?" Jack asked.
" I have never seen them before. Here is a picture of the tattoo on their forehead, Dr Jackson."
Daniel took the pictures and examined them for a minutee or so. " Daniel?" Jacck asked getting imppatiently.
" I haven't seen this emblem before. Teal'c?" he handed the pictures to Teal'c.
" They were Belus Guards."
" Belus? Who is Belus?" Jack asked.
" Belus is the Goa'uld, who killed Nem's mate Omorocca" Sam explained.
" I remember, thank you, Major. The question is who killed the Belus Guards and where is Belus."
" And you and your team have the honour to find the answers, Colonel O'Neill. SG-3 and SG-5 are going with you, just in case the ones who killed the guards should return. You aree scheduled for 1400" with this he left.
" Already today?" Jack called after him.
" Is it a problem, Colonel?" he asked back.
" No, Sir" Jack shook his head and tried not to think about it how fatiguued all his team was, including himself. He looked down at his watch and then into the eyes of his companions.
" Be ready for 1300. Daniel, Major, you go and see the pictures and read thee reports. Teal'c, you and Lt. Morgan from SG-5, get the weapons and help FRED get ready. Lt. Colonel Warren, briefing is at 1300. Please, inform Major Roskovich. And now I have to talk with the General."

" Where is he?"
" In Isolation Room 22."
" Good. I want to see him later. And now, Captain, there is someone, who wants to congratulate to you."
" Who is it?"
" Our beloved Queen Emese."
" I... I did nothing for this honour, Commandant Peterfy."
" Sure, you did. And all your team-fellows, Captain Janosfy."
" Thank you, Commandant. And what about our sub-team? G-1 played a great role in our success."
" The members of G-1 know, why they can not receive such an honour."
" But, Sir..."
" No discussion more, Captain! Be glad for your Jaffa friend, he can be there at the ceremony. And now go and prepare yourseelf for the ceremony!"
The Captain left the medical facility and went to his quarter. It was a little cabin, with two rooms. And since last year one of them belonged to his friend. Mel'shac was waiting for him already.
" Why are you angry?"
" Queen Emese will receive us."
" Me too?"
" Sure, go and get ready."
" You are angry because she receives us?"
" No, because she doesn't receive G-1. Commandant Peterfy doesn't allow them to participate at the cereemony."
" They were burglers and thieves, and now they have got a Goa'uld inside. And the Goa'ulds are your, our enemy. You cannot expect, that they accept them immediatly."
" They have been working with us for a year. Call me a foul, but I thought so much time would be enough to accept them."
" It's even hard for me, although I know a few of them personally. and although they are fighting by our side."
" Really?"
" Really."
" But you are a Jaffa. You hold a Goa'uld, too."
" Sure I do. But I don't let him the control. And the Goa'uld is my enemy."

" SG-1 code, sir" Lt.Simmons announced.
" Open the iris, Lieutenant!"
SG-3, 5 and 1 emerged from the event horizon. Teal'c and Jack came through last.
" They seem to me to be alright" Janet said to Lt.Simmons and looked down from the control room.
Beyond, in the gate room, stood General Hammond with Jacob on his side.
" I have misgivings" Jack whispered to Teal'c.
" Why?" he asked back.
" Jacob is here. That means no good for SG-1. General Hammond" he stepped closer. " You have promised me..."
" Colonel O'Neill" Jacob greeted him with a nod.
" Sir" he nodded back politely, but then turned again to General Hammond. " Sir, my team is fatigued. No missions, no experiments, no tests, nothing anymore. At least not in the next few days."
" Jack" General Hammond said in a warning tone. " Head to the infirmary! Debriefing in an hour.
" Yes, sir!" Jack gave up and followed his team into thee infirmary fuming over Air Force generals.
" What's wrong, Sir?" Sam asked him in the elevator.
" No offense, major, but it is your Dad. His presence means no rest, no holiday. Not even a stand-by. Your Dad is here and I guess, you can guess, what that means.
" Sir..."
" I'm thinking about my retirement, Major. I wanted you to know.
" Jack..." Daniel couldn't end his sentence.
" If there will be a new mission, I'll ask for my retirement. They don't pay me attention!"
" I give you a clean bill of health and a recommendation for a holiday."
" Thank you" Sam said, and Jack looked at her thankfully.

-----

In the conference room General Hammond and Sg-3 and 5 were waitnig for them already. Jack placed Janet's reecommendation on the desk in front of the General.
" Take a seat" he pointed to the free places on his left.
" Thank you, sir" Sam nodded towards him.
" Have you found something?" he asked from Jack.
" Dr Jackson will answer your questions, sir."
" Dr Jackson?"
" The villagers were surely not able to massacre so many Jaffas. The ones who killed them, used some kind of a modern cross-bow, judging from the injurees of the Jaffas."
" A cross-bow?"
" Yes, sir."
" Go on, Dr Jackson."
" Judging from the number of the dead villageers and from the number of the houses, everybody is dead. Except the children, of course. We didn't find them, because they were brought away. After killing the Belus Guards they went back to the Stargate. The children were with them. Oh, and Belus was there, too. But he had to be captured." " How do you know, that he was there?"
" We have found this" Sam showed up a broken Goa'uld hand device.
" I see. SG-3 and Sg-5, you are dismissed, you can leave the base. SG-1, please stay. Lt.Colonel Warren, please, send Jacob Carter in, he is waiting in the control room."
Jacob arrived soon and first he hugged Sam , then turned to Teal'c.
" Sorry, Teal'c, but I have bad news for you."
" Rya'c?"
" No, Rya'c is well. Master Bra'tac is with him."
" Where is Drey'auc?"
" Rya'c saw him last. He went playing and left Drey'auc working in the orchard. As he went back, her mother was disappeared."
" Is Nicos still there?"
" Yes" Jacob nodded, but couldn't hide his surprise. " He was working at home."
" Who is Nicos, Teal'c?" Daniel asked.
" Drey'auc's new husband" Jacob explained.
" Sir, permission to..."
" I thought no mission anymore, Colonel."
" Sir..."
" Permission granted."
" But where should we start the search?" Daniel asked.
" A little girl saw them on the way to the Stargate. They were dressed like merchants."
" Byblos" Teal'c said.
" I'm sure they were heading to Byblos. And I am sure, they were comissioned to kidnap your wife."
" Ex-wife" Jack corrected him.
" Whatever, Colonel, she is the mother of his son."
" And that's why we are going to search her. But how do they know, that Drey'auc is there?"
" It' s a riddle, Colonel, and you can ask them, as soon as we will havee found them."
" And what is Byblos?"
" Byblos was trading city in ancient Phoenicia."
" Byblos is a planet, where you can trade anything."
" Even people?"
" Yes, Colonel. Slavery is a properous business" Jacob said then Selmac took over. "And I suggest, that Samantha should stay home. She is too pretty to stay unrecognized."
" No! Colonel, please!"
" You can come with us, if you can make yourself 50% uglier, Major."

×××××××××××

" I hate these ceremonies!"
" What a relief, that not you are the crown-princess."
" You know,it's hard enough to be the sister of thee crown-princess, Captain."
" I don't know, I'm not the sister of the crown-princess, Princess."
" I told you not to call me princess. Please, Captain, I only want to be a simple warrior."
" You can't. You aree the daughter of our beloved Queen Emese. You'll always be a princess."
" At least you don't call me princess in the battles" she murmured.
" You said something?"
" Nothing, sir. Where is Mel'shac?"
" I'm not his baby-sitter, Lieutenant! And now excuse me, but I have to go."
" Don't let me here, please! Pleeeaaase!"
" Okay, you can come with me, and wait for Mel'shac there. Where is our Lt. Andrasfy?"
" With his girlfriend there" she pointed towards the trees, which surrounded the ceremonial place.
" Go and get him! He has to rest with that leg. Thee day after tomorrow we are going on a new mission."

" Sam What have you done?" Daniel asked in horror.
" Made myself uglier" came the cold reponse.
" Your hair! I'll never forgive Jack that sentence!"
" Daniel, calm down! It's not permanent, after 18-20 wash..."
" I cannot believe you did that!"
" Daniel, it is my hair. And it is only my hair. It's still me, Sam Carter."
" Sorry. But wait until your Dad sees it."
" Major Carter?" Teal'c uncertainly asked.
" It's me , Teal'c."
" Thank you. I wanted you to come with us. Thank you."
Sam was so touched, that she didn't noticed General Hammond and Jacob approaching.
" Sammy, what have you done?"
" Major Carte??"
Sam looked at them angryly, so they decided not to say more.
" SG-11 and SG-6 are going with you. Where is Colonel O'Neill?"
" Already in the debriefing room with the two other COs" Daniel said. " He is holding his famous speech."
" Famous?" General Hammond asked. " I have never heard that speech."
" You didn't have to. He is only saying, tha what ever happens, Sam is his 2IC and that he doesn't caree for ranks and hierarchy."
" Really?"
" Really. He is trusting her really. He says only she could save our lovely butts, what ever happens. And the other COs are agreed."
" Always?"
" Always. Since Sam got Jack home, and since it was almost a miracle."
" I see. You have a go. Go, get your CO, Major Carter."
Sam went to the conference room. Major Bond from SG-6 and Lt. Colonel Harrison from SG-11 have just stepped out, as she arrived. She saluted and then walked in.
" Sir, we have to go."
" Sam?" Jack asked surprised. " You cannot come with us."
" Why not? I have made myself uglier, as you can see., sir!"
" You aree just as pretty as you have been an hour ago. And you are staying at home!"
" No way! You are saying I'm pretty, because you don't want me to come with you."
" And then why I have just said, that you're my 2IC , whatever happens?"
" I don't know, sir. Maybe it's part of your plan! But ask Daniel, my father or General Hammond himself."
" I'll ask them."

Jack finally gave in. He casted a last secret glance at Sam and then shoo his head. Those men had no eyes in their heads! Sam was still pretty. And those eyes!
" Lower your head at least. And next time, buy a contact lense!"
" Sure, Sir!" Sam smiled as she followed him through the Stargate. As she arrived, she was looking around.The three COs were standing on the left, discussing something. Everbody looked ridiculous in their robes, but she had it worse, her hair was ruined. She was looking for the another female officer. Lt. Morris from SG-6 was a brilliant sharpshooter.
" Daniel, have you seen Lt. Morris?"
" She is here, Major Carter" came a voice behind her. " I had my hair cut and I always had a boyish stature."
" For God's sake! We can take care of ourselves. And the three best SG teams are here. It could be not that hard to protect two women!"
" I have said this to my CO, Major Carter, but he ordered me to make myself uglier."
After a ten minutes long walk, they caught sight of the market place. " There must be a sea or something salty like that" Jack whispered.
" This is spicey, not salty" Sam corrected him.
" What's the name?"
" Whose name, sir?"
" The name of the colour?"
" Fawn, sir."
" Good name."
Daniel, who was leading the little troop, turned back.
" The ancient Byblos lied on the shoree of the Mediterranian Sea."
" He could'n t hear us! No way! Do you think, that he is thelepathist?" Jack asked her grinning.
" In this case, I think, it was a coincidence."
" And on ou last mission? What was that?"
" We are spending so much time together..." Sam began to explain, but was interrupted by Jack.
" Is it too much for You, Major?"
" No, Sir. I lie spending time with my family."
" That was no answer to my question."
" Sure, it was, Sir. SG-1 is my family. Daniel is my little brother and Teal'c is my elder brother."
" And what about me, Major?"
" I don't know, sir. I guess you are my CO."
" Major!"
" The brother roles are already booked, sir. What about a cousin?"
" That doesn't have the same quality as the role of a brother, Major. Nevermind, I'll think abou it. I believe, that you can take good care of you. If still not, these are the best teams of the SGC."
" SG-3 would be outraged, sir" Sam sadi smiling.
" The feelings of the Marines left me always cold, Major."
Sam was almost giggling, but Jack's warning look stopped her.
" If you were not telling such things, then I would'n have to choke down a giggle, Sir!"
" The Sun would set sooner in the east" Major Bond turned back to them.
" Sir, you are not a bigger help!" Sam said afteer she could speak again.
" By the way, Bond, you should take astronomy lessons. On the Venus the sun is setting in the east" Jack retorted and to his greateest satisfaction he earned a broken glance from Major Bond and appreciative, indeed an almost adoring from Sam. Although he only cared for the last one.

" What are you saying, Captain? The Princess was kidnapped?"
" Yes, Commandant Peterfy."
" Captain Janosfy, losing the daughter of our beloved queen is not what I have expected from you. Where is she? Who has she?"
" They were merchants from Byblos. They had zat guns" Mel'shac added.
" And you know the little signs for Byblos, Mel'shac?"
" Sure, Commandant."
" Then waht are you waiting for?"
" We need someone from the linguists and a team instead of G-1. They aree injured.
" GT-2 and 4 are going with you. And bring her back, ASAP! Oh my God, what should I say to our beloved Queen Emese?"

" Drey'auc was not there, sir."
" Sure she wasn't. Don't go away, Lt.Colonel Harisson. You are going back."
" What happened?" Jack asked.
" Drey' auc is here. She will tell you everything."
Drey'auc walked in into the gate room. She didn't dare to look Teal'c in the eyes.
" The men, who took me, wanted Rya'c too. So they waited for him, at our house. Rya'c came back with Master Bra'tac. They decided to wait until he is alone. He never was. After Jacob and Dr Fraiser arrived, Master Bra'tac and Jacob discussed my disappearnce. Rya'c was with Dr Fraiser. They took them both. Master Bra'tac and Jacob were badly injured, they shoot theem with a zat gun. They couldn't help us."
" How could you free yourself?"
" Dr Faiser convinced them, that they should let me free."
" How did she do that?"
" She said, that Teal'c was not in love with me anymore since I had parted from him and chose Fro'tac."
" They knew Fro'tac?" Teal'c asked.
" Yes. And she said, that she is the new wife of Teal'c and that they should let me go."
" Why was that necessary?"
" I think, to make them sure, that she is saying the truth. And Rya'c said he same."
" Why?" Sam asked.
" She wanted to save me and thee baby, I'm expecting."
Sam looked at Teal'c and saw, that he didn't know about the baby.
" Janet didn't know that the baby is not from Teal'. And however, she would have done that for any pregnant women."
" I had no time to say her the truth. I'm so sorry. She only doid that, because..."
" I see" Sam interrupted her. " But don't worry about that" she caressed her back reassuringly. " Just as I have said, she would have done it for any preegnant women."
" You seem to me to know some things I do not understand. You could maybe initiate us, Major."
" Sorry, sir, but..."
" Dr Fraiser is in love with Teal'c. She would do anything for him or for his family. And she thinks, that Teal'c is still in love with me." Teal'c didn't say a word, just walked away from Drey'auc.
" Please, help to find my son, Samantha! Please, Jack!"
" Sure we will help" Jack reassured her. " Where did they go?"
" To Byblos."
" Then back to Byblos. I wonder how many times I can gate-travel per day without freezing in my brain. Although it could be better sometimes" he mused half-loud. " Okay, campers! Up to Byblos! Daniel we still have the naquadah?"
" Sure."
" Good. Gold and naquadah. I hope, it will be enough to buy the two free. His new wife, for cryin' out loud! I swear you, Daniel, this two women made my hair grey."
" Which two?"
" You are right. This three. Cassie is not better, than her mother and her Auntie Sam."

" Do not even touch her" Janet cried at the top of her lung and pushed the girl behind her back. The girl was although four inches taller than her, but Janet saw fear in her eyes and that fact wakened her mateernal instinct. The guard was only smiling impertinently, but fortunatly lost his intrest and turned away. The girl bowed her head thanking Janet. Although Janet was not right. In the eyes of the girl was not fear, but anger.
After the intermezzo Janet went back to Rya'c and pulled him in her embrace. It was very cold in the cell.
" You are a Jaffa" the girl stated in the language of Rya'c.
" Yes,I am. And who are you?"
" My name is Napsugar. Is she your mother?"
" No" Rya'c shook his head and translated their conversation so far for Janet.
" Please, ask her, where is she coming from."
" Where are you coming from?"
" From a planet named New Land in your language."
Rya'c was translating for Janet, but was roughly interrupted by the gurard.
"SILENCE!" he shouted and they decided to follow his order.
After a while Janet wanted to know more.
" Please, ask her" she whispered" how is it, that she knows your language."
" I have a Jaffa friend" came the response after the translation.
" What' s his name?" Rya'c asked.
" His name is Mel'shac. Do you know him?"
" I have never heard his name before. But my father knows him for sure. He was the First Prime of Apophis."

Daniel was told last time, that the market for the slaves was not there, where they were first, but in the opposite direction from th gate and a two hours long walk far. They arrived at the planet while the sun was setting and after one hour it was dark. They couldn't even see each other.
" What a surprise! It's pitch black on this... planet! Okay, campers, we pitch camp here" Jack ordered. " Has this planet no moon? I do not want two moons, only a little one."
" A moon wouldn't help us. The market place is closed during the night. But as I can remember this planet has got two moons. We have to wait,O'Neill."
" Sorry, Teal'c."
" I'm sure, that they are well" Daniel tried to reassure him, but failed.
Jack couldn't sleep all the night, his head was full of silly thoughts. Thoughts about her pretty Major. In the middle of the night two moons had risen, just as Teal'c said. One of them had already set before dawn.
But before this was happened, Jack, saying, if he couldn't sleep at all, made a little scouting. Major Bond and Lt. O'Connor went with him. They were back, just as the sun was rising.
" Okay, first the peaceful way and only if that should not work comes the military way."

" Jack, what should I do?" Daniel asked him as the bidding went on and he was getting out of gold.
" Go with it!"
" But..."
" I don't want Rya'c to participate in a rifle-fire, Daniel. Get him out and we free Janet in the military way."
" Alright then" Daniel nodded and kept the bidding open. Finally he got Rya'c, for the very disppointment of Captain Janosfy and Mel'shac.
" I knew his father" Mel'shac said to the Captain.
" Sorry. And now the women. They had nothing anymore. The two women are ours, Mel'shac."
Jack, Lt. Morris, Major Bond and Lt.Col. Harrison were discussing the issue, they were talking about zat guns, as Sam, who was staying near Jack, but didn't took part in the discussion, nudged Jack in the ribs.
" I think,Teal'c made this conversation unnecessary, sir" Sam motioned towards Teal'c, who had just given his staff weapon the auctioneer. Mel'shac was following the happenings. He was walking to them, but Teal'c was already gone with Janet, as he arrived.
" Do you want to give your weapon for the another woman?" the auctioneer asked him.
" I have naquadah."
" Me too, I need your weapon and the woman is yours."
Mel'shac gave him his weapon. Seeing this, Princess Napsugar held her breath back.
" He gave his weapon for Janet?" Jack asked whispering.
" Would you do the same, sir?" Sam asked back.
" Sure, but I don't hold on to my weapon as he does, Major."
" Then shall we say, your favourite hockey-stick. Shall we say, for me."
" Every time, Major" he whipered back. " Let's go! To be on the safe side keep your finger on the trigger, Bond!"
" Sure, Sir" Major Bond nodded.
" What's wrong, Janet?"
" The Girl..."
" They were her friends, Dr Fraiser" Rya'c reassured him. " The one who gave his staff weapon for her, was the one she mentioned in the cell."
Janet sighed with relief.

After they were out of the village and out of sight Teal'c hugged Rya'c.
" Is my mother well?"
" Yes" he nodded.
" Is she waiting for us on Earth?"
" No" he shook his head.
" Then is she waiting for us in the Land of Light?"
" No" he shook his head again.
At this moment Daniel dcided to intervene.
" She is ther, but you cannot go there, because you mean danger to those people. You will always belong to your father. And judging what happened we knew, that it was against your father."
" And my mother?"
" She has a new man now. Don't worry, Nicos will take good care of her."
Rya'c nodded and didn't dare toask anything mor. Teal'c was in avery morose mood. He lagged behind and went to Janet. She knowingly placed her arm around his shoulder and reassuringly caressed his hair.
" Don't worry, Rya'c, it will be over soon. His weapon meant him a lot."
" Daniel said, that I cannot stay with my mother, because I mean danger to those people. She doesn't, because she has got a new man now. And Nicos will take good care of her."
" I see" Janet nodded and realized, tha the baby was not Teal'c's and that Rya'c is afraid.
" Of course you will stay with us."
" On the base?"
" I don't think, that that would be a perfect place for akid to grow up. Til your father finds something, you could stay with us. My daughter, Cassie, will surely be glad. I'm sure, that you could be friends."
" Father told me about her. She is nice and smart."
" Yes she is."
" And what about my Goa'uld?"
" That's a problem we are concerned about only then, when it appears. Do you want to stay on Earth?"
" Yes."
" Of course we have to ask General Hammonfd for permission, but I don't think, that this could be a problem."
" Thank you, Dr Fraiser!"
" Call me Janet" she hugged him for a brief moment. After she let off, she called afer Jack. " Sir?!"
" Yes, Doctor?"
" I don't feel that well. I think I have sprained my ankle."
" I see. Major Bond, stop the troopers, it's already getting dark. We don't want the dear Doctor to walk around in the darkness with her bad ankle."
" Yes, SIR!" Major Bond nodded with a broad grin on his face. They pitched camp, near the place, where they did last night. And Jack successfully avoided Sam's questionings looks and Daniel's spoken out loud annoying questions.
" Teal'c, Rya'c go to bed!"
" I'll take my watch..."
" No! Stay with him, just in case he gets nightmares. We are enough here."
" Alright, O'Neill. Thank you. "
" Not at all."
Daniel was sent to guard their tent. After ten minutes he nodded, signing, that they were asleep now.
" Okay, SG-6 stays here to guard our camp. No objection, Bond! SG-11 is the specialist for the Night Ops. I'm going with you, Lt. Colonel Harrison. And, Major, you are coming with us, too, if it's right for you?"
" Sure, Sir" Sam nodded.
" Sir, with all due respect..."
" She is coming with us. Only she can save our sorry...butts, Lt. Colonel."
" Yes, Sir!"
" I'm going with you, too" Janet said.
" No!" Jack said as he wasn't tolarate any objection.
" I know where the merchant lives" Janet seemed to ignore the hidden message behind thee 'NO'.
" Sir, she could be a help."
" Alright then, but you are personally responsible for her, Lt.Colonel."
" Yes, sir!"
" Then go and prepare yourself. Before the second moon is up, I want to be there."
Sam and Jack were soon left alone at thee fire.
" Sam, you don't have to, if..."
" But I want" Sam interrupted him in midsentence.
She decided, that from now on, this day will be the official Sam Carter's Day of Joy. He still found her pretty, he said,that he trusted her with his life and he could even top this, by calling her Sam.
After it was pitch balck, SG-11 with Jack, Sam and Janet set out on their way back to the market place.
The village was in the matter of fact one long road houses standing on both sides.
" It's like a wild wild west ghost village, don't ya think?" Jack asked Sam whispering.
" Yeah" Sam whispered back. " And the lamp-posts look like the olympic light."
" Yeah, exactly" Janet nodded. " But the houses are Greek or Roman." Janet led them to the house of the merchant. Jack decided, that he will stand on guard, although he only wanted to be near to the two women. Sam knew that exactly, but wasn't complaining, not after what all he had done today.
SG-11 was just in, as a tipsy man came along. Jack didn't understand what he wanted. But judging from his motioning towards Sam, he wanted her. Finally he pulled out his purse and showed Jack his gold. Jack only shook his head, but he couldn't get rid of him. Finally he pulled Sam in his embrace and kissed her passionetly. The man left grinning.
" I guess now, Major, that that determines my position in your family doubtless."
Janet couldn't hold back a giggle.
" You'd better brood over, why Teal'c has sacrificed his weapon for you, although we already had a plan how to free you" Sam said and the smile faded from Janet's face.
" How did he take, that Drey'auc is pregnant?"
" He didn't show any emotion, but you know him well. But he took it very badly, that you were kidnapped, too. He was worrying about you."
" Sam,it isn't nice to raise high hopes."
" I won't lie to you, Janet. I am telling you the truth, right, Sir?"
" She is telling the truth, Janet."

" No way!"
" But I remember, where the house of that merchant was. I could lead you there. GT-4 could come with us."
" No way!"
" I have to, we have to bring back his weapon. Please, Captain. I promise, I will sort this out with my mother."
" Are you sure? You do want this?"
" Yes" she nodded.
" Princess Napsugar..."
" Don't call me Princess, Lt.Andrasfy! I'm a lieutenant just as you are. And yes, I'm sure."
" Then let's go!" Captain Janosfy ordered. Mel'shac was in his tent, tought asleep, but he was awaken. And he was touched. And he was in love with the wrong girl. He was in love with the Princess. And he knew, that a Princess is not thought for a Jaffa.

" You got it?" Jack asked Lt. Col. Harrison.
" Both" Lt. Col. Harrison nodded.
" Then let's go. I'm getting nervous here."
They had gone as they came, fast and noiseless.
Just out of the village another little troop tried to make their way into the market place.
And suddenly Jack found himself face to face with them. The members of SG-11 were aiming their guns, and so were the members of GT-4. At this moment Janet noticed the Princess.
" Don't shoot!" she said, and so did the Princess, as she recognized Janet.
Janet took Mel'shac's staff weapon and handed it her over. Princess Napsugar bowed her head respectfully and then hugged Janet thankfully.
" We should have brought Daniel with us" Jack sighed. " What do you think, Major?"
" Yeah."
" About them, I mean?"
" They seem to me friendly. Maybe we could conclude alliance with them."
" You read my mind. Harrison go and bring Dr Jackson here!"
Lt. colonel Harrison went nowhere, indeed he aimed his gun and fired. From the darkness Mel'shac emerged hands up in the air.
" He is a Jaffa!" Sam was surprised.
" He has to be the friend, she was talking about, while we were ibn the cell."
" His name is Mel'shac" came a voice behind them and soon Teal'c appeared, seemeingly out of nowhere. " Mel'shac" he bowed his head.
" Teal'c" he bowed his head, too.
" You two know each other?" Jack asked.
" Yes, O'Neill. He is Master Bra'tac's son."
Mel'shac only understood his father's name and then questuioningly looked at Teal'c.
" They know my father?"
" Very well indeed."
" Daniel!" Jack was surprised. " Haven't I told you to stay in the camp?"
" And you told me too, to keep eye on Teal'c. I saw him leaving thee camp, so I decided to follow him. I lost his trace, so I chose the path leading to the village. It's a pleasure to meet you" he bowed his head. " My name is Daniel."
Captain Janosfy looked at the Princess nd Mel'shac They had translated, what Daniel said.
" Please, say thank you for the staff weapon" the Princess asked him. " Alright. She is thanking for thee staff weapon."
At this moment Janet took Teal'c's weapon and handed him over.
" Thank you, Dr Fraiser" he said quietly and then turned back to Mel'shac. " Your Father is well."
" Thank you."
" Do you want to meet him?"
" Sure, but I'm not sure, if he wants."
" He wants" Teal'c reassured him. " O'Neill?"
" Are you trusting this Mel'shac?"
" Absolutely."
" As Major Carter said, they seem friendly, and we could conclude alliance, if they are intrested. I think, it would be a fair change of guests: they could visit our world and Daniel and Sam could visit theirs. Of course under the protection of SG-6." Daniel translated Jack's suggestion and Captain Janosfy was agreed. He decided for Mel'shac and Lt.Andrasfy with GT-2.
" I wanna go, too" Princess Napsugar said.
" I have to take you home, Lieutenant!"
" No!"
" What's the problemDaniel asked Mel'shac.
" She is the daughter of our beloved Queen Emese. Although she is not the crown princess, she is a princess. And she wants to visit your world."
" Let her go!"
" It's not that simple. Our team leader is personally responsible for her. And someone has to be there to translate" he turned to the Princess.
" Maybe they know the language of the Nemet?" she asked Daniel in Middle-German.
" I think, I know this language" Daniel answered her in German.
" Thank you" Mel'shac said not quite friendly.
" She will suffer no harm" Teal'c promised him.
" Please, Mel'shac tell him to let me go with you" she begged Mel'shac.
Mel'shac turned to the Captain and after a short discuss, she was allowed to travel to Earth.
" Jack, you don't want to come with us?" Daniel asked him.
" Someone has to report to General Hammond."
" I could do that" Teal'c offered.
" Thank you, but it's my job. Let's go campers!"

Sam And Daniel was greeted by Commandant Peterfy, after Captain Janosfy reported him, what happened and who are the visitores. SG-6 was offered a cabin for rest, and Sam and Daniel took a tour around the Base with Captain Janosfy and Lt. Andrasfy.
" Since when have you been travelling through the Gate?" Daniel asked them.
" We call it The Gatee, too."
" Actually we cal it Stargate."
" Since two years. There was a warning from our ancestors, that we only should re-open The Gate, when we are really very stong to take on the Enemy. They had started to exploree new worlds but failed. Only two units from ten arrived back. They shut down The Gate. It was four generations ago. Today we are able to protect ourselves and our Gate, too."
" With what kind of mechanism?" Sam asked Daniel to translate.
" If someone activates The Gate, but sends nothing before, our Gate will be pulled down."
" And what should you send through?"
" A box."
" But what if the enemy sends it through, forcing you or taking it away fom you, after killing you?" Sam asked.
" The team-leader has two boxes, a blue one and a red one. If they are attacked he has to destroy the blue one. If he is forced, he has to send through the red one or both together. Then The Gate will be pulled down" Captain Janosfy explained.
" And we have a Meeting Point, if the boxes are have to be destroyed, or are somehow destroyed. From that planet we could come home" Lt. Andrasfy added.
" I see. Have you got more Jaffas in your units?"
" No. We have Goa'uld units. Eveery Gate Team has got a so called subteam, a Goa'uld unit."
" Goa'ulds?"
" Yes, we have found them on a planet. One of them slid ino the ex-leader of my team and offered their help, if we offer them hosts." " And you did it? Goa'ulds are very dangerous."
" We know now. The first experiment was a failure. We offeerd them incorrigible criminals for hosts. They said, theey could change their attitudes. But they weree even worse, then before. So we have to isolate them. On of our mission we had found Mel'shac. He was badly injured, but his Goa'uld could save him. He helped us. He had two yat weapons, so we could re-educate them. We convinced them to help us. Our team had the first subteam. And they help us now with new thecnologies. Of course, first we let theem separatly work on a mechanism, that could control their subconscious."
" So you can keep them under control?"
" We are not totally dumbs, Daniel."
" I didn't mean it. Have you already met one of the System Lords?"
" Yes. We have two prisoners now. Apis and Belus."
" You were it?"
" What?"
" We found a planet, where all the inhabitants were killed. Jaffas killed them, and we found thee Jaffas not far from them. But there were no children there."
" We brought them home. The villagers were originally from here. We use their language now. We brought Belus here, too. He is waiting for his sentence now."
" And Apis?"
" Apis is already in prison, he will stay there until he dies."
" That could take a long time."
" He has no sarcophagus and he cannot change bodies. And he was in a very bad shape, a we found him. He and Mel'shac had a fight. Mel'shac first destroyed his body shield activator.After the fight both of theem was very badly injured. Mel'shac was healed by his Goa'uld and Apis, I mean, the Goa'uld, could heal the body, but he is now very weak."
" Could we met Belus? I have to ask him something" Daniel asked.
" Sure. He is sedated right now, he was very agressive. I have to ask my Commandant for permission."
Captain Janosfy left them alone with Lt. Andrasfy. Daniel's anthropologist heart took over him and he asked him out of their origin.
" Your ancestors must be form our planet" ha stated. " Do you know which land they were from?"
" It was called the Kingdom of Hungary."
" And which part?"
" The part called Transylvania."
" And who brought you here?"
" It was a man called Csaba. Our ancestors had a legendary hero figure named Prince Csaba. We think, tha he was a Goa'uld using this name to try make them cooperate. In the firs times we lived under his rule and we were working in the naquadah mines. But he wanted a host for himself. One night two brave, young men managed to kill him."
" You can meet him" Captain Janosfy arrived back and then led them to the Isolation Cabins. He let them in, there was twilight in the little room.
Suddenly a person emerged from the darker side of the cabin. He had heavy chains around his ankles and wrists. As he came closer his eyes were glowing and he jumped on Sam.
" Die, Ashrak!" he cried and got Sam by the throat.
Sam tried to push him away, but she couldn't. The chain injured her on her neck, just missing her cervical artery. Finally Daniel and Lt. Andrasfy could pull him away from Sam. She was bleeding.
" Are you okay,Sam?" Daniel pushed a handkerchief on her wound.
" Nothing serious. I thought he was sedated."
" He cried: Die, Ashrak" Daniel said.
" Oh."
" Yes. I think he felt Jolinar and thought you were sent to kill him."
" You have got a Goa'uld inside?" Captain Janosfy asked.
" I had, she died for me. An assassin was sent to kill her, she sacrificed her lifee for me. She was a Tok'ra, theey are the good ones. They are fighting against the Goa'uld just as we. While they escorted Sam into the medaical facility, Daniel told them everything, what he was allowed, about the Tok'ra. Commandant Peterfy was soon there.
" I'm sorry, but I cannot take the responsibilty any further. Your friends are welcomed, but I have to ask you to leave us."
Sam nodded in agreement and after saying good-bye she went home.

For Jack and thee others it took a bit longer to be prepare for going home. They were still in the gate room, explaining General Hammond the preesence of the visitors, as Lt. Simmons announced a gate activation.
" SG-1 code has arrived, Sir."
" Open the iris, Lieutenant!
Sam emerged from the blue watery event horiyon. Jack ran up thee ramp to help her down. Mel'shac, seeing her injury, pushed the Princess behind his back and was ready to protect her at any means.
" Don't worry" Sam said Jack and Janet. " It is not that serious."
" But it looks serious" Janet said. " Just away by your artery."
" I know, I know. Sometimes I hate Jolinar."
" What happened?" Jack asked her caressing her back.
" We met Belus and he thought I was an Ashrak sent to kill him. He was sedated and all in chains but he could strangle me. His chains injured my neck."
" Go to the infirmary with Dr Fraiser!" General Hammond ordered. "
Corporal Jones, lead our visitors to the guest quarters. Jack, Teal'c, after the infirmary I'm waiting for you in my office. Rya'c, you are coming with me. Cassie is waiting for you in my office."
" Wow! This is your room?" Napsugar asked.
" Yes" Sam answered after Teal'c's translation.
" I have a cabin for myself and I have seen Mel'shac's and ther Captain's cabin. They are sharing it, but that is four times larger, than yours. How can you live here?"
" I don't live here, I have a flat in the city, not far from here."
" But you are spending many time here?"
" That's right. But we need more and more space for our equipment and for the machines."
" And what's that? I have seen this picture before."
Sam showed her her left upper arm, where the Stargate logo was.
" Oh, yes. So what's that?"
" It is called a computer and we store information with it's help.
And it makes our work much easier. With the help of one of these machines we can control our Stargate. We can protect us from strangers."
" Can you show me how?"
" Sure, come with me! Sir, you are still here?" she asked Jack, who was about to enter her room.
" I'm on my way, Major. I just wanted you to know, that I'm in the office of General Hammond. How is the sight-seeing tour?"
" We are heading to the gate room to demonstrate, how the iris works."
" Alright then, good luck and if we should not meet again, please, visit me at home in the next days."
" Sure, sir" she smiled at him one of those radiating smiles, he loved that much. " What's in the envelop?"
" I guess, you have already figuered it out, Major. Teal'c, keep eye on Sam!"
Teal'c looked after him and then back at Sam. He gave her a half-
smile.
" Are they in love?" Napsugar asked.
" I guess so."
" What did she ask?"
" If you and O'Neill were in love?"
" I guess so" she shyly smiled.
" Tha was my answer, too."
" I have a personal question, too. Why doesn't she tell him? Please, ask her that."
Teal'c asked her and the Princess smiled a bitter smile.
" You can say her, that I'm not in love with Captain Janosfy."
" Sure she isn't. Tell her, that he doesn't dare to say something, because she is a princess."
" Who are we talking about?" Teal'c asked slightly confused.
" Ask her " Sam suggested.
" Ask her" was Napsugar's answer.
" Who?" Teal'c was getting annoyed.
" About Mel'shac, of course. Tell her, that she has to make the first step."

***


" Jack, you kept something in secret from me?"
" No, sir. I have told you about my feelings towards my Major, after we first came back form Byblos. You gave me permission to help bringing home Janet and Rya'c and meanwhile sort out my feelings. I have done it. Here is my application for my retirement from active duty."
" Are you completely sure, you want to do this?"
" Yes, sir."
" What if I would offer you a better job?"
" What kind of job?"
" The President gave his blessing to our old project plan. You know, the off-world base. You could be the Commanding Officer there."
" Thank you, Sir. I really do appreciate the offer, but I want to spend more time with Sam."
" And what about my another offer?"
" And it were?"
" You could be the CO of the new Stargate Training Facility. It is an independent institute, so it would be no fraternization."
" Trainees, Sir?"
" You wanna take the job?"
" Yes, sir!"
" Then take back your application. You are on stand-by from now on.
Go and talk with Sam. And stay in the city! Dr Jackson and SG-6 are still off-world. Til your full team is not present, you are the CO of SG-1."
" Yes, Sir!"
" I will first send the scientists to you. They desparatly need training. Lt. Simmons will coordinate this 'event'. He will be one of the first ones to absolve your training."
" Thank you, sir" Jack sighed disappointed.
" Oh, please, come back tomorrow, we have to talk about the two jobs."
" They were?"
" The CO of the off-world base and the CO of SG-1."
" There is not much to talk about, sir. For the first one:Lt. Colonel Warren, for the second one: Major Carter."
" I know she has the qualities, but she is a major."
" Not for long. And we even had a Captain as team leader, Sir."
" Don't remind me on Jonas Hanson, please! Alright, I will think over your suggestions. And now go and talk with your girl!"
Jack left his office grinning wide. He wanted to look for Sam, but he only found Teal'c.
" Where have you left the others?"
" The Princess and Mel'shac have to talk with each other. At least this was the opinion of Major Carter. She is in the infirmary, she sounds somewhat strange."
" From the strangle of snake-head Belus. Cassie and Rya'c really do like each other."
" What are you trying to say, O'Neill."
" Go and talk with your girl, as the General ordered me. You can come with me to the infirmary."
" I..."
" You don't have to say anything. This is your business, but you have feelings for her even a blind could see that."
" How could a blind...?"
" Stop that question! Come with me!"
" But what about her?"
" I tell you only one thing: she didn't sprained her ankle."
" She didn't?"
" She didn't. Her idea was to get back your staff weapon. She knew, how much it means to you. And as you could see, she was even there with us in the village."
" Thank you ,O'Neill."
" Not at all, Teal'c. So you are coming with me?"
" What are we waiting for?"
" We are awaiting a Queen, people! Let's do something with our dismal gate room!" Jack ordered SG-11 and 12, the only teams remained at this time on base. He got the honour to take care about the decoration.
The members of SG-12 were ready to help him, because it was somthing else than blood and injuries. SG-11 was reluctantly come with him, only the order of General Hammond made them change their attitudes.
" Where are the others?" Lt. Jordan O'Neill asked.
" Helping to establish an off-world base or on off-world mission.
Harrison order your little soldiers smile, when the Queen arrives, or I have to send you to Chulak."
" It would be better. Night Ops soldiers decorating the gate room!
What a shame!"
" Teal'c, good to see you. We need every strong arms."
" Janet send me to give you a helping hand."
" Thank Janet for that idea. Where is Sam?"
" She was ordered to General Hammond."
" She will be the new CO of SG-1, Teal'c."
" I guessed so. And who will be our fourth member?"
" Hey, Jordan, come here!"
" Coming! What's wrong?"
" Teal'c meet Lt. Jordan O'Neill. Jordan, this is Teal'c, but I guess, you knew him already."
" Of course. Nice to meet you" she smiled at Teal'c and then went back to Lt. Colonel Harrison to cheer him up.
" What are you planning, O'Neill?" Teal'c asked looking after her.
" I kill two birds with one stone, Teal'c. Actually more than two.
First, there will be no guy around Sam, while I'm not there. Second:
there is a soldier in your team to equilibrate the situation between military and science. Although she is a scientist, too."
" What kind of science?"
" She was on MIT, too. Still couldn't believe, that she is an O'Neill."
" Are you...?"
" She is my niece. General Hammond got aware of her. She has an excellent military record. She wanted to go to NASA, but General Hammond managed to made up her mind."
" And what about the another birds, O'Neill?"
" I can keep eye on her. And Daniel is a really good guy ands she is beautiful."
" You are playing Cupid, Jack?" Sam asked him.
" Good, you can help us, too."
" With the decration or with bringing Daniel and Jordan together?"
" First one. I do not want play Cupid. But she had a boyfriend, who reminded me on a certain Captain, who loved playin' God. And Daniel is looking at you too much."
" Are we jeaolous, sweetheart?"
" Sure we are. Teal'c keep eye on them! And report me everything!"
" But you said O'Neill, that Daniel could only love a girl, who he can protect."
" Oh, she will need not only his protection. She got in trouble, as she was a baby and she didn't change a bit. And now, let's work! We have gate room to make acceptable!"


If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Joanna